996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

08 Nissan GTR - is it the real deal

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 PM
exlondoner
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we all need to just chill. Let's juts leave it at the last positive note whichever page that was?
At the end of the day I don't like the style but as I DID state a few pages ago the performance is great.

Said my peace and moving on....
Old 03-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and i agree. the tide has turned in this thread and because of my input, it's a much more fair assessment now. if you read the earlier posts... it's diff than what's on page 4-5.

i'm the one who called out the religion or "blood" part. i'm the one who has consistently stated so u don't like the looks, but the perf of this car is to be respected and recognized.

i'm the one who said my money is in the 911. i'm the one who's said i'd never buy the GTR, but can still respect/recognize it for its merits.

i never said hate your 911, this car renders your car into a pile of ****.

but i've built up a rep in this forum that i'm the one who trashed his porsche pom poms unlike many of the others here who shake them up and twirl them around 24/7. and for that i get the preconceived notions, the bias against, etc. and as a result people pass over the very pro-porsche sentiments that i hold onto dearly. it's all good. that's what keeps it fun for me.

and when someone says get a life, sure i'm going to tell him to step up and share some notes. i had a great weekend and a life regardless of my post count. that's a silly thing to say so i reply with a statement commensurate to what was thrown out to me. get it? good.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:34 PM
ls911
Pro

Originally Posted by ls911
lol....

Ben

Seriously, I believe most posts have recognize and praise the GT-R on the good things in it, performance category - outstanding.
I've read plenty of positive remarks, it is possible you might be a bit to focused on some of the negative lines. In this you're not alone as it is happening to your remarks as well. The thing most don't care so much about it is looks/style, me included. Pointless to argue on this.

Not everybody has his thongs in a wad over this, I am....el natural
Tattooing the P-crest on my d..K head is on my mod list, page 5.
As far as getting a life... pot calling the kettle black (2300+ posts an counting, nice!)
We are all part of this sick adiction, thanks for the company

On a side note, I do hope you got over that cold/flue bug
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
and i agree. the tide has turned in this thread and because of my input, it's a much more fair assessment now. if you read the earlier posts... it's diff than what's on page 4-5.

i'm the one who called out the religion or "blood" part. i'm the one who has consistently stated so u don't like the looks, but the perf of this car is to be respected and recognized.

i'm the one who said my money is in the 911. i'm the one who's said i'd never buy the GTR, but can still respect/recognize it for its merits.

but i've built up a rep in this forum that i'm the one who trashed his porsche pom poms unlike many of the others here who shake them up and twirl them around 24/7. and for that i get the preconceived notions, the bias against, etc. and as a result people pass over the very pro-porsche sentiments that i hold onto dearly. it's all good. that's what keeps it fun for me.

and when someone says get a life, sure i'm going to tell him to step up and share some notes. i had a great weekend and a life regardless of my post count. that's a silly thing to say so i reply with a statement commensurate to what was thrown out to me. get it? good.
Ok, you're the one happy now?

You threw out "get a life" and yes I'M THE ONE that made light of it. For being so blunt, which does not bother me, you seem pretty deffensive.

Chill BC, I am sure you have a good life and maybe even a nice weekend
Old 03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

defense wins championships

and guys seriously tone down your imagination level a bit - you guys read way too much out of the characters you see written on screen.

enjoy spokane, bud. LOL
Old 03-03-2008, 03:10 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Daily words of wisdom from Ben...

money no object i'd pick the 997TT everytime, but you guys haven't the perception nor reading comprehension nor open-mindednes to get this out of my posts.

so for all you suckers getting your porsche crested thongs in a wad because of my posts, you gotta really think hard about getting a life.
so you equate post count to whether a dude has a life or not? WHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHA wanna compare what we did over the weekend, bud?
check my garage and see what car i choose to drive. you are so sensitive you can't get past your own damn bias like you're in a perpetual state of... wanting a 911... hmmmmm
virtually unanimous recognition? hey get out from under your RMS engine car and check the thread again.

and guys seriously tone down your imagination level a bit - you guys read way too much out of the characters you see written on screen.
These were my favorites from just the last two pages. LOL, Ben, you certainly have an entertaining way of looking at things.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

shots of chilled grey goose all around cheers
Old 03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube
+1!

BC, you seem to be intolerant of any criticisms levied against the GT-R, even given the fact there's virtually unanimous recognition of its performance specs and value in this thread. Some negative comments on its aesthetics, and you accuse all critics to be Porsche zealots with deep-rooted insecurity? If someone thinks the GT-R is ugly, then they think it's ugly. If someone feels 4,000 lbs is too much bulk to be a sports car, then that's their opinion. Your entire tirade is based on your reaction to subjective opinions of others. You do realize a car can be a performance beast and outstanding value, but still be unappealing to others for good reasons, even if you don't share their views?

You seem to be blind to it somehow, but the GT-R is being respected for what it is. The only disrespect here is the others' subjective opinions of it by you. I'm also not too fond of the GT-R's "Caddy" styling motif, with sharp creases/edges, although I don't think it's fugly. If that's enough for someone to not like it, then that's their opinion and prerogative. If you want to equate that with baseless disparagement and entrenched insecurity, then that's your prerogative, no matter how infantile it may be.

Subjective criticisms have no bearing on objective measurements. Nobody is discounting the GT-R capabilities. Tell me again your feelings about a higher-priced, slower F-car vs. a P-car.
Well written Ucube, probably the best explanation I've read and totally agree with.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grasshopper, you've found the light...thanks to my post....LOL
No doubt the GTR is a Fantastic car... especially for the price...its official $81,900cad.
Looks will always be subjective...imagine if it looked like a Porsche, the response in the post will be quite different.
ooopps...did I open another can of worms??
Old 03-03-2008, 05:04 PM
bk12
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw a GT-R on the street this morning....it is a very big car, physically. Later in the day, I got behind a white R8...now that was a nice looking back end...I thought I was pretty fortunate to catch both out driving in the same day. I felt like I was looking at the GT-R bumper when behind (seemed very tall), but the R8 gave me the impression that it was of similar size, at least height wise.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

another car i'm excited to see on the roads... the R8.

was just in LA... i saw a dirty 997ish car with LED rear lights... only in LA man only in LA. likely a porsche test car or something. very cool.

GTR baby yea! looking forward to seeing one on the roads up here. i really liked gundam when i was a kid. maybe that's why i like the looks so much more than you folks who have no fuqin clue what a gundam is.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

i really liked gundam when i was a kid. maybe that's why i like the looks so much more than you folks who have no fuqin clue what a gundam is.
I surely do. I had quite a few model kits of Gundam growing up. Good times.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

haha yes and the GTR was inspired by it and i can totally see it... it's so japanese and has its own distinct look ... which i respect. i'm not necessarily enamored with it just as i am not enamored by the e92 M3... but i do know lowered on bigger wheels... both cars look markedly better and i know i will mutter to myself damn that looks siq when i see one modded up like so (likely in LA)
Old 03-03-2008, 05:40 PM
2fas4u
Instructor

Red face gtr retro

The gtr would have looked better with a slightly modified 300z body style. I think then they would really sell my .02
Old 03-03-2008, 06:17 PM
DanJK
Racer

I ran next to an R8 yesterday and was surprised by how much sharper it is in person. I panned it regularly after seeing spy shots and in car ****. Live, it was a much smoother, flowing and subtly aggressive. Loved it. Hell, maybe if I see a GT-R in person I'll change my mind as well. (But I doubt it)
Old 03-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

the GTR to me is a young man's sports car. the 911 is for the older dudes and for younger dudes since it's been around a lot longer. the corvette is for older dudes.

Quick Reply: 08 Nissan GTR - is it the real deal