Sponsored by:

08 Nissan GTR - is it the real deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube
Ben, I'm not entirely clear as to why you'd equate that passion with disparagement of the GT-R?
Read the thread bud read the thread... these guys are scared out of their minds and are expressing it via excuses outside of the silly **** comments about the car to make it less than what it is.

typical. seriously.

and fellas complaining about the looks of the car pls feel free to post up pics of YOUR 911. let's see how your 911 is so pure and classic.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:52 PM
NOBY
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geeee in even looks good in RED.

Love the agressive angles, it reminds me when I liked Volvo 740

TOP SECRET already got their hands on one, looking great!

And two last pictures...

One more, this chrome wheels realy does the UGLINESS on a nice car like this!

Old 02-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Read the thread bud read the thread... these guys are scared out of their minds and are expressing it via excuses outside of the silly **** comments about the car to make it less than what it is.

typical. seriously.

and fellas complaining about the looks of the car pls feel free to post up pics of YOUR 911. let's have at it.
I did read the whole thread, and what I gathered were some subjective criticisms of styling, iconic stature, emotional feel, brand prestige, etc., which weren't totally baseless. Are you seriously going to debate someone's personal preference? Lest you forgot, the styling, iconic stature, emotional feel, and brand prestige were the very same factors you valued in your comparison of the F-car and P-car.

The GT-R isn't less than what it is. It's everything just like its predecessor. Most of us (911 die-hards) just don't think it's a "better" car than a 911. You needn't pop a vein over someone's passion.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

it's not just personal pref... it's the way they spill words out like hate... and then talk about timeless design of the 911...and when's the hp war gonna end?

it's an either/or proposition for these dudes - it's totally comical.

do you understand and see beyond or are you just...

like i said, it's a religious thing and i find it comical people make a damn material good into a religion.

and if you can see my veins, i advise you stay a few feet away from me as i have the flu.

and as for my f-car comparison... i'm not anywhere near words like "hate" and describing my porsche, my 911 as anything but good and well sorted out. do you see the nuance here? c'mon man. i know you're smarter than that. most of you are advanced degree dudes aren't you? i'm the lowly undergrad BA - Business guy.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Ben, if you haven't realized by now, I tend to ignore posts with such careless use of superlatives. Words like "hate" or "POS," unless used in jest, aren't worth the time for a response. There's nothing for me to read or see beyond. Why you bother to address them is what's beyond me.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Ben, if you haven't realized by now, I tend to ignore posts with such careless use of superlatives. Words like "hate" or "POS," unless used in jest, aren't worth the time for a response. There's nothing for me to read or see beyond. Why you bother to address them is what's beyond me.
because it's posted by rennlist members and because we're on a porsche website so the whole point is to respond and engage
Old 02-29-2008, 01:35 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to the Off-Topic board B.C. if you want to engage, not a board that brings fellow 996 enthuasists together to discuss there passion and love for such a wonderful car.

Moderator...close this out of control thread or move it to the off-topic, it does not belong on the 996 board. Why is it here in the first place
Old 02-29-2008, 01:37 PM
omnipresent
Racer

Originally Posted by nazhat
this is insane but still love my Targa.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8
Ha, listen to the continual comparisons to what -- WHAT?? 911 Turbo..timeless classic, benchmark of sporting heritage.

Here's another view of the "GTR"

To each their own - I've exhausted saying Nissan has made technological advances (some surpassing the 911), but, having seen the car in person, touched it, heard it, watched it in motion - aesthetically, it's a flash in the pan. I inquired with my neighbor this morning about real sales pricing and volume. First year approx. 2400, followed by a five year run with a continual decline in production ending in 2013 with fewer than 800 units! If anything this may be a viable option to expanding your portfolio!!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Go to the Off-Topic board B.C. if you want to engage, not a board that brings fellow 996 enthuasists together to discuss there passion and love for such a wonderful car.

Moderator...close this out of control thread or move it to the off-topic, it does not belong on the 996 board. Why is it here in the first place
why don't you come on up and take over my mouse and keyboard LOL
Old 02-29-2008, 01:40 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why don't you come on up and take over my mouse and keyboard LOL
Officially blocked
Old 02-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Officially blocked
a lil' sensitive these days?

btw you're welcome for the help with OZ wheel fitment bud
Old 02-29-2008, 01:53 PM
omnipresent
Racer

a lil' sensitive these days?

btw you're welcome for the help with OZ wheel fitment bud

HA!! Seriously!! For a "man" with tattoos (oooooh) and into "death rock" and the like - what a sensitive lil guy
Old 02-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by omnipresent
HA!! Seriously!! For a "man" with tattoos (oooooh) and into "death rock" and the like - what a sensitive lil guy
i'll never take it to the personal level like this esp with speeddemon, but yea i am surprised why he'd block me (not that I really care about it, but do care since it's so abrupt) because of the things i said here. it's as if i made fun of him or his car (in porsche heaven now).

i guess he just had to get out of the kitchen

anyways, next
Old 02-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Yo mama is so fat...
Old 02-29-2008, 02:05 PM
imdrew12
Racer