Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 11:38 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat

Another Speedster is (re?)born.
Latest restoration by "Dr. Freisinger, Speedster obstetrician" (info@m-freisinger.de):

Old 09-21-2010, 03:59 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,033 Likes on 464 Posts

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/speedster/usa.aspx

A little OT. But it makes me want a new car like I haven't wanted a new car since the days of the 993. I'm not even a "convertible guy", it's not a GT3 or even GT3 powered but LOOK AT IT! And the colour!!!!!!! My God, if selling trucks and sedans results in cars such as this, the Boxster Spyder, all GT3 variants etc, keep selling!

Would somebody finance this for me? MSRP, 0% for 20-30 years? Anyone?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:21 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm with you Tim. I saw it last night and almost fell off my chair. It is a stunning 911, if I had the dow my order would be in today.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:12 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
http://www.porsche.com/microsite/speedster/usa.aspx

A little OT. But it makes me want a new car like I haven't wanted a new car since the days of the 993. I'm not even a "convertible guy", it's not a GT3 or even GT3 powered but LOOK AT IT! And the colour!!!!!!! My God, if selling trucks and sedans results in cars such as this, the Boxster Spyder, all GT3 variants etc, keep selling!

Would somebody finance this for me? MSRP, 0% for 20-30 years? Anyone?
Originally Posted by DJF1
I'm with you Tim. I saw it last night and almost fell off my chair. It is a stunning 911, if I had the dow my order would be in today.
Yes, I believe you would have to own the DOW index outright to afford this.
I've got the sneaking suspicion that if they only produce 356 units that in order to recoup the production/tooling costs these cars will be in the Carrera GT price range and make the 911 Sport Classic price look like chump change.

So, is it just me or does it feel like Porsche has been quietly reading the Rennlist 993 forum .... i.e. Mike's Riviera Blue cab project and the ensuing "Blue Madness", Jäger's Speedster quest and resulting car, Grahm's/9M Speedster conversion, the recent comments to Jäger and attention given to his Speedster at the 918 Spyder debut in Monterey .... I think I feel a little 'violated' for lack of a better word ...
Old 09-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I sure hope they will have some other colour choices.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:50 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Related 993 Forum thread with lots more 997 Speedster info & photos: "slightly OT: next-gen SPEEDSTER!"
Originally Posted by Bergamasco
I sure hope they will have some other colour choices.
Glenn-- Whooaaa, there. Don't you know it's produced in "Pure Moffat Blue?" What more, then?

Danny-- OT, but congratulations on the PCA Escape's success!
I have a related video I'll send you or post later.

Originally Posted by JPP

So, is it just me or does it feel like Porsche has been quietly reading the Rennlist 993 forum ....
i.e. Mike's Riviera Blue cab project and the ensuing "Blue Madness", Jäger's Speedster quest and resulting car, Grahm's/9M Speedster conversion,
the recent comments to Jäger and attention given to his Speedster at the 918 Spyder debut in Monterey ...
I feel a little 'violated' ....
Jon Paul-- Agreed (except for the viloation part: at Monterey '09 & since, lots of key Porsche industry insiders have mentioned RL insights to me that they read on this forum).
Very perceptive of you to remember the comments from Porsche's 918 Spyder Project Manager, Dr. Gernot Dollner.
The unsolicited enthusiasm he & Porsche Auto Group personnel had for Speedy, reminded me of Craig's similar experience with Porsche factory test car drivers recently:
Originally Posted by cgfen

I walked up to a driver and he spoke something in German and smiled.
I asked if they were 991 test mules and he nodded yes.
I pointed to my 993 4S and he said, “Ahhhhhhhhh the last, the best!” in English.

Last edited by curve lover; 07-01-2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: fix ded pic lnk
Old 09-25-2010, 01:04 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Scott Dunavent's Turbo Speedster

On the subject of 964 Speedster parts, I think I just saw a company advertising parts FS, using images of RL DunaventEnt (Scott Dunavent)'s 964 Turbo Speedster. He closed his "One of a kind 1994 Speedster on EBAY" thread, so this seems as logical as any place to ask:

Scott-- I hope the sale went very well! If you're out there, please give us an update. I know a lot of thought went into the design of your beast, & I hope you were rewarded appropriately.

Flashback from your eBay ad, RL posts, & MotorCars101.com website's "1994 Porsche 964 Factory Speedster converted to Turbo Specs."
Originally Posted by Dunavant Enterprises

Porsche's Limited Production 1994 Speedster Converted to turbo specs. Rare car with rare turbo modifications.
I personalized this car for two reasons.
1. The car was a theft recovery so I was able to build the car how I wanted.
2. I prefer the tight control of how a Porsche should feel. I also prefer the added performance. These are hot running cars and my Turbo runs at a cool temperature.

Stored for over 13 years. I've driven this car a total of two times a year since then.
I have the Letter or Authenticity and a copy of the MSO. Plus files full of receipts. I have all the Rare speedster manuals for this car.
The second owner shipped this car to LA in 1997 where the car was stolen. Recorded miles 6800. I bought the car in 1999 after the car had been sitting for over a year. Not knowing the miles I recorded the wrong mileage. Missouri will fix it but this will take some paper work. Then Autocheck will fix their records. Carfax will follow.
I've driven the car may be 500 miles if that since 1998. That's the lowest you'll see. I ride sport bikes everyday since 2001 so I didn't drive the car. Autocheck and Carfax will show the car hasn't been registered since 1997.
The car was built by me in 1999. Rare parts were collected and installed over the years.
This car was equipped with few options from the factory. Limited slip, a/c, mats, color crested wheels and that's it.

Today;
Most components are from a 1994 911 Turbo.
$30,000 in performance upgrades. Built 1992 3.3 turbo engine. COOL operating temperature. Polished heads, SC modified CAMs with power steering delete. High performance oil pump. Stock boost spring with no upgrades. Garrett T36 with K29 fan. B&B headers with deep muffler. Catalytic waste gate muffler controls smooth boost exit. HUGE ultra cool intercooler. Full turbo suspension with 94 turbo hydraulic braking. 1994 3.6 turbo transmission with lower 3rd 4th and 5th gears. Top speed 165 mph. Light weight racing clutch with Heavy spring plate. Tighten differential. RS steering rack with power steering delete. RSR rear struts and springs. Needed to control car under acceleration. Light weight Fikse Racing wheels. Strongest in the world. 11" width in the rear.

Porsche's Fair weather speedster is equipped with deleted options from the factory. Manual locks and Manual Mirrors. The interior is equipped with a Speedster full leather dash, Turbo gauges, Becker Radio, Euro Knee guards, Red Door pulls, Rear glove compartment, RSR shifter, Full leather center console, Boxster roll bar 50 hour install time and 1998 Carrera S Sport seating.

Please review all the photos. Please read the details.
This is a very aggressive tight vehicle. But she can be a normal driver. She's a turn key vehicle. Always starts over the years.

At 6'3" I'm a tight fit in the interior. The Boxster roll bar does stiffen the chassis up. It did push the seats forward 3/4 of an inch from the last click. I removed the lower dash and added euro knee guards.

This car is not for your average Porsche enthusiast. It's very rare to see any C2 turbo modified like this car. But it's ultra rare to see any speedster modified like this car. I would assume it's the only one world wide.
If you love the car but can't live with certain options then approach me with requested changes.

This turbo conversion is the finest you'll ever see. All OEM parts properly installed. The tail is aftermarket. The paint is flawless, it has a Factory OEM finish. It's as hard as glass.
Vehicle has no road wear, no chips, no paint imperfections, no touch ups.
The top as one tear on the driver's side.
A/C has always been disconnected. I'll update this web page when I've corrected the A/C. Passenger's seat headrest does not have a matching crest. Airbag system is turned off. Other than that I've stored the car for 13 years for the next owner. You'll be happy to know I've taken exceptional care of this vehicle and I'm not going to give it away.

I will consider coupe partial trades.

The title is a registration title. NOT current salvage. I had to apply for a salvage title in Missouri then a regular title.

For serious inquiries email Scott at
dunavant-ent@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by curve lover; 09-25-2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: typos
Old 09-25-2010, 01:38 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default DunavantEmt pix page #1

Old 09-25-2010, 01:39 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default DunavantEnt's Turbo Speedster (pix page #2)

Old 09-25-2010, 01:51 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

From "Post photos of your 964 Speedster!" thread...
Originally Posted by curve lover

Scott-- Welcome, & well done 1st post, including a photograph!
Very unique machine. I posted a photo last month of your rollbar, it's arguably one of the few eye-pleasing / factory-appearance rollbars in a topless aircooled 911.
Feel free to comment on your experience / advice to others on the 993 Forum's "Why don't more cab owners install ROLLBARS? ...not eye-pleasing? ...not OEM?" thread.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that looks forward to more pix & details on your one-of-a-kind Turbo Speedster

Old 09-25-2010, 03:44 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by curve lover

On the subject of Speedster parts, I think I just saw a company advertising parts FS, using images of RL DunaventEnt (Scott Dunavent)'s 964. He closed his "One of a kind 1994 Speedster on EBAY" thread, so this seems as logical as any place to ask:

Scott-- I hope the sale went very well! If you're out there, please give us an update. I know a lot of thought went into the design of your beast, & I hope you were rewarded appropriately.
Here are the above-referenced images of what appears to be DunaventEnt's 964 under new ownership & used to advertise Speedster parts for sale:

No affiliation.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:48 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default appears DunaventEnt's 964 under new ownership & used to advertise Speedster parts FS

Old 09-25-2010, 03:56 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default appears DunaventEnt's 964 under new ownership & used to advertise Speedster parts FS

Old 09-25-2010, 03:57 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 09-25-2010, 03:57 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Quick Reply: Speedster type 993 photo thread