Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 WB Values are UP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 04:41 PM
XUR
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

Nothing new, we've ALL been repeating the SAME THING for the past couple of days... until finally:

Originally Posted by Gbos1
I’m done
Back on topic, which is about the values of WIDEBODY 993s, here's a nice one for $160k https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...pe-c-12630.htm
Old 05-24-2021, 05:23 PM
Blue TTop
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Arguing over the C2S vs. C4S seems silly.

Based on this thread I should sell my ‘97 turbo asap before I can’t afford one of these spare-parts wide body cars. As an owner of a NB and a “real” WB I find the argument ridiculous. Having both cars on my lift it is easy to see Porsche widened the turbo fender flares to fit the turbos. The turbo fender flares were then used on the C2S and C4S for appearance only..... not function. Aren’t these the only 911 S models with no additional power?

Last edited by Blue TTop; 05-24-2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:49 PM
71-3.0-911
Rennlist Member

Received 760 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue TTop

Based on this thread I should sell my ‘97 turbo asap before I can’t afford one of these spare-parts wide body cars. As an owner of a NB and a “real” WB I find the argument ridiculous. Having both cars on my lift it is easy to see Porsche widened the turbo fender flares to fit the turbos. The turbo fender flares were then used on the C2S and C4S for appearance only..... not function. Aren’t these the only 911 S models with no additional power?
This is correct. Stock for stock, S in 993 guise is actually heavier and slower than its NB brethren.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:55 PM
Clark W Griswold
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

It's also kinda clear that Porsche threw in a turbo anyway they could considering the intercooler sticks out above the chassis. Ive always thought that was a trip on early turbos. I know now days it is impossible considering the value of these cars but I always wondered if anyone (besides RUF) relocated intercoolers and did a turbo spoiler delete.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:57 PM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

However, the buyer of an 'S' will have a lighter wallet vs the buyer of a NB
The following users liked this post:
TheDangerZone (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 09:06 PM
XUR
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

I replied early and was warned for being too provocative, although I'd argue the ignorant statement that these are "spare-parts" cars is equally provocative and judgmental. Nevertheless, I will temper my response and not resort to ad hominem... but will say, that it can be argued that Turbo cars with their modest powers don't need those flares. You can hardly justify your "form follows function" ideal by thinking its slight power increase actually needs it to be wider.

And really, if you're all about function and performance, you're already completely in the wrong place with a 993 period. So I question the integrity and hypocrisy of your high brow ideal. Not what these cars are about. A distracted programmer in his Model 3 Base, sipping on Starbucks, will be faster.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:16 PM
Clark W Griswold
Instructor

Originally Posted by XUR
I replied early and was warned for being too provocative, although I'd argue the ignorant statement that these are "spare-parts" cars is equally provocative and judgmental. Nevertheless, I will temper my response and not resort to ad hominem... but will say, that it can be argued that Turbo cars with their modest powers don't need those flares. You can hardly justify your "form follows function" ideal by thinking its slight power increase actually needs it to be wider.

And really, if you're all about function and performance, you're already completely in the wrong place with a 993 period. So I question the integrity and hypocrisy of your high brow ideal. Not what these cars are about. A distracted programmer in his Model 3 Base, sipping on Starbucks, will be faster.

THIS
Old 05-24-2021, 09:19 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,467 Likes on 2,814 Posts

At this stage of the game, it's specious to call the Turbo the only "real" WB. These cars are 25 years old and the tradition of using wide fender flares on Carrera models is a long one - preceding the 993.

Here's my hot take: Personally, I didn't want a 993 Turbo. I like turbo platforms, but when it comes to FI, I prefer modern engines - and ironically will be getting a 992 TTS for that purpose. That said, NA motors just feel a little more special to me nowadays. For those of us who want wide body aesthetics and an NA motor, the S models are the way to go.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:59 PM
Clark W Griswold
Instructor

Originally Posted by rk-d
At this stage of the game, it's specious to call the Turbo the only "real" WB. These cars are 25 years old and the tradition of using wide fender flares on Carrera models is a long one - preceding the 993.

Here's my hot take: Personally, I didn't want a 993 Turbo. I like turbo platforms, but when it comes to FI, I prefer modern engines - and ironically will be getting a 992 TTS for that purpose. That said, NA motors just feel a little more special to me nowadays. For those of us who want wide body aesthetics and an NA motor, the S models are the way to go.
I am in agreement with this. In fact I passed on a 993TT for LESS money than I paid for my C2S. Not a lot less but it was less.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:12 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 190 Posts

I disagree.... C4S is way more planted when set up properly... mine has $60k in mods and will destroy any C2S here. I welcome the challenge. Give me a break ...a C2S is nothing but a NB C2 with a Turbo Wide Body Shell

$60k in mods??
That's "hardback + ROW suspension + SSK + tie rot pin + modified steering wheel + hollow spook turbo twist (or RUF or your favorite aftermarket rims) + full LED/HID + turbo front air ducts + Porsche Classic Radio + ???" and I'm only not even breaking the $30k mark.
What else did you do to your car? With that much invested, no wonder you think your C4S is more valuable than a stock C2S, and it probably is; just that there probably aren't any other C4S like yours.

Separately, Tarek does this for a living, so it'd be unwise to disagree.

Last edited by mdude; 05-24-2021 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:22 PM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 764 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by mdude
$60k in mods??
That's "hardback + ROW suspension + SSK + tie rot pin + modified steering wheel + hollow spook turbo twist (or RUF or your favorite aftermarket rims) + full LED/HID + turbo front air ducts + Porsche Classic Radio + ???" and I'm only not even breaking the $30k mark.
What else did you do to your car? With that much invested, no wonder you think your C4S is more valuable than a stock C2S, and it probably is; just that there probably aren't any other C4S like yours.

Separately, Tarek does this for a living, so it'd be unwise to disagree.
My car has a full Transmission re-gear to GT specs as well ... worked with G-Box in CO. Full Engine out as well new LSD clutch plates etc...$6k in full exhaust work, Bilstein Suspension list goes on and on... many RS parts throughout the car..... I have a stack of documentation of all my modifications in the last 5 years. Labor isn’t cheap when you want things done right. Who are you to assume what I have when it’s all guesswork on your behalf ... don’t waste your time with your calculator. I could care less who he is.

Last edited by Gbos1; 05-24-2021 at 10:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Blue TTop (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 10:23 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by XUR
Nothing new, we've ALL been repeating the SAME THING for the past couple of days... until finally:

Back on topic, which is about the values of WIDEBODY 993s, here's a nice one for $160k https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...pe-c-12630.htm
I'm annoyed by, and instinctively distrust, a seller who hides the mileage and oblige you to dig down to the pictures and discover that for yourself.
Ludicrous! They know this is what any interested party will immediately inquire.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:24 PM
Blue TTop
Pro

Originally Posted by XUR

I’m not going to argue about what is in the history books regarding Porsche and their parts-bin specials (and they are special). I won’t argue which model of 993 is better because I like them all for different reasons.

I also wouldn’t call a 44.6% increase in hp “slight”.

What’s faster than a 993 turbo? Too many cars to list, especially since 99% of them were built after the 993 turbo. Maybe the fastest thing is your ability to jump to conclusions and misjudge character and intent based on a single post.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:27 PM
Blue TTop
Pro

Originally Posted by rk-d

Well said. Articulate. I respect your opinion and don’t disagree. It’s about personal preference.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:27 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

My car has a full Transmission re-gear to GT specs as well ... worked with G-Box in CO. Full Engine out as well new LSD clutch plates etc...$6k in full exhaust work list goes on and on... many RS parts throughout the car..... I have a stack of documentation of all my modifications in the last 5 years. Labor isn’t cheap when you want things done right. Who are you to assume what I have when it’s guesswork ... don’t waste your time with your calculator. I could care less who he is.
Well, with that much $$$, and perhaps more relevant, emotional capital invested in your C4S, no wonder you think it's more valuable. As I said, yours probably is.

Last edited by mdude; 05-24-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Quick Reply: 993 WB Values are UP!!!