Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you accept that the new hybrid was built from a "defensive" perspective ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2024, 02:00 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,275 Posts

[QUOTE=Hunky;19510939]Yes indeed there is my friend and as a matter of fact we have a deposit on a unit in this Gulf Coast trailer park currently under construction nearby.
/QUOTE]

Sure. Make sure it stands up to a Cat 5?

That said, was the builder of those apartments/condos the same one whose building collapsed a few years ago. Miami, I believe? Things are sinking down there….I’d stick with your trailer…easy to move.

No disrespect to the aging, but worth pointing out that a LOT of Florida’s growth is from older, retired folks. That’s simply demographic fact. As of 2020, more than 4,600,000 Florida residents were 65, or older. In terms of shear numbers, Florida is #1. Over 20% of Florida’s entire population is older than 65. As my neighbor said, after visiting Florida a few times - “Florida, Heaven’s waiting room”.

https://www.crystalrivervillage.com/...SAAEgIn8vD_BwE

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-23-2024 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 02:01 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,514 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunky
Yes indeed there is my friend and as a matter of fact we have a deposit on a unit in this Gulf Coast trailer park currently under construction nearby.

how did we end up talking about FL housing market? Yep, gets more expensive here like everywhere else but some of the new laws and regulations don’t help attracting people and investors (just think about the Disney tax district disaster)
Old 06-23-2024, 02:09 PM
Hunky
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 134 Posts

[QUOTE=CodyBigdog;19510949]
Originally Posted by Hunky
Yes indeed there is my friend and as a matter of fact we have a deposit on a unit in this Gulf Coast trailer park currently under construction nearby.
/QUOTE]

Sure. Make sure it stands up to a Cat 5?

That said, was the builder of those apartments/condos the same one whose building collapsed a few years ago. Miami, I believe? Things are sinking down there….I’d stick with your trailer…easy to move.
You are obviously quite angry about many things judging from your posts but WTF is your problem with the State of Florida? Really very bizzare.
The following users liked this post:
M3Inline6 (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 02:33 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

[QUOTE=Hunky;19510966]
Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
You are obviously quite angry about many things judging from your posts but WTF is your problem with the State of Florida? Really very bizzare.

I love that you have to quote yourself. Priceless.

Why do you care about my opinion of Florida?

But if you must know (I use to spend a fair amount of time in Fla)…there are many things that I don’t like, or better yet, like better in other states. To start with, can’t stand the heat and humidity. The Summer heat and humidity seems to (now) extend a month into the Spring and a month longer into the Fall….so, as far as I am concerned, Fla has two seasons: the tolerable and the oppressive. Even the oceans have become so warm in the later part of the Summer, with surface water temps in the high 80’s and low 90’s, as to be less than enjoyable. In addition, I much prefer a location with a younger, more dynamic population than Florida’s aging demographics (a large percentage of Florida’s influx of people from other states are older, retirees….or, people looking for cheaper living. The poverty rate in Florida peaked at 17% in 2013, but still hovers around 13%. While Florida has some very affluent communities, it also has some very poor areas.

While the state continues to grow its population, there is a growing trend, with people leaving the state. One of the reasons given is “cost of living”. Most people come because it’s MUCH cheaper to live in Fla, than states like NY or California…but with that influx of people, comes a rise in the cost for almost everything…and then people leave for a cheaper cost of living. Now with so many people being able to work from home….they can live wherever they want, and work remotely for their company in another state, or country. Working remotely has afforded millions of people the ability to live where they want (ie cheaper), while still working where there job is. My son and his wife recently came back from 2 months in Italy, but continued working for the software company that employs them in Seattle. Call me envious, and wish that had been an option back when i was working.

There, I’ve given you a few answers to YOUR question. If you enjoy it, that’s fine, but not for me.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-23-2024 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 02:42 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 759 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
if you think these companies built race cars and 7 figure hypercars as an advertisement for plebes 10 years into the future, you are way way off your meds. They did it to win races and make money. Contemporaneously, they were the fastest and best cars of their day. Koenigsegg started the switch in 2015 too. And emission regulations were far more generous 10 years ago. They did not have to except it was best, and they like winning.
absolutely! It started in 2014 and it was discussed on another forum back then. The distinction between the racing segments was divided into hybrid and non-hybrid cars. Hybrid cars will less restricted and the platform to do prototype testing. If you think auto racing is about victory and sportsmanship, you forgot the other side of it. It’s pure advertising so that you can feel like you have a little bit of racing victory in your street car.
Old 06-23-2024, 02:44 PM
B194HR
Instructor

Received 233 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by melhechi
@yrralis1 Just drop it and admit that you've lost this debate.

Look at the number of likes: 8 likes for you and your supporters (including your likes) versus over 99 likes for those who disagree with you.

And stop creating new threads to continue spreading your negativity. You’ve started a thread about the sound of the 992.2, even though you haven’t heard it live.

This shows how much of an attention seeker you are.
And you’re a proponent of the 992.2 because you’ve placed a deposit on one without ever having driven, or listened to one firsthand I’d wager.
Forums are meant for discussion, whether cars , watches, boats etc and when it comes to newly released products we discuss based on available info.
Could be from YouTube or a reputable magazine or whatever. But let’s be fair in so much as creating a thread about something available on YouTube to hear or see is fair enough even though we haven’t had first hand experience. I agree the number of threads and positions taken by yrralis1 are indefensible, I find your post to be somewhat unfair in that we have to experience something firsthand before being allowed to offer an opinion.
Old 06-23-2024, 02:56 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

I would never, ever buy any car without first driving it…or, at the very least, being able to spend some time walking around it, sitting in the car, and examining it. I’m a touchy-feely kind of buyer.
Old 06-23-2024, 02:56 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by B194HR
And you’re a proponent of the 992.2 because you’ve placed a deposit on one without ever having driven, or listened to one firsthand I’d wager.
Forums are meant for discussion, whether cars , watches, boats etc and when it comes to newly released products we discuss based on available info.
Could be from YouTube or a reputable magazine or whatever. But let’s be fair in so much as creating a thread about something available on YouTube to hear or see is fair enough even though we haven’t had first hand experience. I agree the number of threads and positions taken by yrralis1 are indefensible, I find your post to be somewhat unfair in that we have to experience something firsthand before being allowed to offer an opinion.
any person who is buying a new 911 at this point has to put a deposit log before it ever even becomes an idea if they want to be the first. If you haven’t figured that out by now, then you are lost in the sauce. Most people now are putting their GT orders in for the 994.. a person can always cancel an order. I don’t know what you’re talking about about that. I never drove the car. I had a 992 GTS when I put the deposit… I don’t even understand why I am the subject of this post. What I’m driving or what car I own has nothing to do with the complexity of the engine of this car… you are reaching for straws and you have none it takes the question of whether or not you are buying this compliance vehicle are you? Do you have a 992? How do you like it when someone asks you the questions? Post a picture of your car…
Old 06-23-2024, 03:02 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by yrralis1
any person who is buying a new 911 at this point has to put a deposit log before it ever even becomes an idea if they want to be the first. If you haven’t figured that out by now, then you are lost in the sauce.
I test drove my 992.1 - twice - before ever leaving a deposit for my order.

Key point is….”if you want to be the first”. LOL, you are 66yo…who ya trying to impress by being the “first”? Or, are you simply concerned that your order arrives before the grim reaper comes for you? 🤔

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-23-2024 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 03:06 PM
B194HR
Instructor

Received 233 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
any person who is buying a new 911 at this point has to put a deposit log before it ever even becomes an idea if they want to be the first. If you haven’t figured that out by now, then you are lost in the sauce. Most people now are putting their GT orders in for the 994.. a person can always cancel an order. I don’t know what you’re talking about about that. I never drove the car. I had a 992 GTS when I put the deposit… I don’t even understand why I am the subject of this post. What I’m driving or what car I own has nothing to do with the complexity of the engine of this car… you are reaching for straws and you have none it takes the question of whether or not you are buying this compliance vehicle are you? Do you have a 992? How do you like it when someone asks you the questions? Post a picture of your car…
Shame on me, you’re on your own bud since you’re completely devoid of comprehension of the English language.

And since you asked here’s the pic you requested

now for some friendly advice, put down the pipe and get some sleep.

The following 2 users liked this post by B194HR:
Res Ips (06-23-2024), user 999993337 (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 03:33 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Shame on me, you’re on your own bud since you’re completely devoid of comprehension of the English language.

you don’t like when someone ask questions and takes the thread off topic. Did you expect me to think it’s OK. I didn’t really care what car you drove. I originally wanted to stay on topic. Probably drive that thing like grandpa anyway. It’s another unit going to waste.
Old 06-23-2024, 03:46 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

There's a great article in Psychology Today on how to be a jerk...

Here's a brief excerpt:

"...The key to being a jerk is layers-deep faith in your gut sense of things.
Follow your gut. Praise yourself for following your gut. Praise yourself for praising yourself.
Accept with absolute certainty that your gut knows all and sees all and that your gut can divine the future.
Be loyal to your gut. To thine own gut be true..."

Does this remind you of anyone on this thread?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...w-to-be-a-jerk
The following 3 users liked this post by Res Ips:
rasetsu (06-23-2024), Scott P (06-24-2024), Tobeit (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 03:48 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,514 Likes on 744 Posts

This thread gives me a headache …but like a toothache can’t resist “touching it” if it still hurts. I read some of the recent posts - and yep, still hurts my brain. @yrralis1 - please, can you stop creating new threads, write/reply to posts nobody can understand as you ramble on. For some reason, I don’t remember reading any posts from you prior to this barrage of posts about the GTS and your obsession with convincing others it’s all a political scam, scandal or whatever you want to call it. Nobody cares if you have not recognized it yet.

Last edited by Tobeit; 06-23-2024 at 03:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Res Ips (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 03:49 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

She is just drop dead gorgeous!!!!
B194HR (06-24-2024), Haros (06-24-2024), Tobeit (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Tobeit
This thead gives me a headache …but like a toothache can’t resist “touching it” if it still hurts. I read some of the recent posts - and yep, still hurts my brain. @yrralis1 - please, can you stop creating new threads, write/reply to posts nobody can understand as you ramble on. For some reason, I don’t remember reading any posts from you prior to this barrage of posts about the GTS and your obsession with convincing others it’s all a political scam, scandal or whatever you want to call it. Nobody cares if you have not recognized it yet.
Over time Prozac looses therapeutic effectiveness and a dose adjustment may be in order wouldn't you say...

Haros (06-24-2024), M3Inline6 (06-23-2024), Tobeit (06-23-2024)

Quick Reply: Can you accept that the new hybrid was built from a "defensive" perspective ?