Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you accept that the new hybrid was built from a "defensive" perspective ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 03:25 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
When he said "2035 " he was confused as well . That s the full ICE ban .https://www.europarl.europa.eu/topic...2035-explained

The full legislation can be found here as to the present .
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...lex:32023R0851

Nope, not confused. I just quoted what was in the R&T article…you can make of it, what you will? But of course you didn’t know this, since you don’t read. But when I do get “confused”, it’s after reading your nonsense.

Electrification targets have been shifting as of late in the automotive world, with plans originally made for 2030 now being pushed to 2035 and beyond in many jurisdictions and board rooms — which means there's a growing question of what the future of performance will look like.”

As for your links…both are about a year old. In political terms, that’s ancient history. Furthermore, given recent election changes in a number of EU countries, including Germany, I would expect that the comment made by the R&T columnist to be closer to the truth…if not rolled back well past 2035.

But please feel free to believe whatever you want.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-24-2024 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2024, 03:31 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

his comment is spot on. People in the USA are not gonna put up with this BS. You take away some guys pick up truck in Montana and then go telling him he has to charge it with electricity in the middle of the wilderness and see how long that lasts before states gather enough support to vote this out

No it isn’t. You two twiddle-Dee and twiddle-dumb(er) need to work on your cognitive skills.

I believe that any “bans” do not affect existing cars made before any ban takes effect…in 2035 (for now), or until they get rolled back (the likely outcome). Only on new vehicles.

Oh, and I suspect, as we do with guns….those that want a new ICE (or gun), but can’t get it in their state due to restrictions, can still go to their neighboring redneck state that doesn’t have these bans/restriction. That’s what all the gangsta’s in my state do (we have strict gun laws) to get all the weaponry of their choice. Easy-peasy.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-24-2024 at 04:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 03:41 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,494 Posts

his comment is spot on. People in the USA are not gonna put up with this BS. You take away some guys pick up truck in Montana and then go telling him he has to charge it with electricity in the middle of the wilderness and see how long that lasts before states gather enough support to vote this out
Nobody is taking away anybody's truck. That guy can keep his current pickup and in fact if even if he was in California he can also buy a new PHEV after 2035, if that's what he wants to do.

https://driveclean.ca.gov/electric-car-overview
Old 06-24-2024, 03:50 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by aggie57
Nobody is taking away anybody's truck. That guy can keep his current pickup and in fact if even if he was in California he can also buy a new PHEV after 2035, if that's what he wants to do.

https://driveclean.ca.gov/electric-car-overview

Funny how the rightwing has this fetish (call it what it is, a conspiracy) about the Government coming for things…whether that be your guns, or your truck. 😎

Cracks me up how uninformed they are. 😂 If I didn’t know any better, I’d guess the 3 amigos are “sovereign citizens”…plenty of YouTube videos from Florida on these wack-jobs. From Florida…LOL, who would have guessed? As an aside…noticed two EV’s beat (finished in 1st and 3rd place) the Porsche 911 Turbo R (finished in 7th place) in 2024 Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-24-2024 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2024, 04:22 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Funny how the rightwing has this fetish (call it what it is, a conspiracy) about the Government coming for things…whether that be your guns, or your truck. 😎

Cracks me up how uninformed they are. 😂 If I didn’t know any better, I’d guess the 3 amigos are “sovereign citizens”…plenty of YouTube videos from Florida on these wack-jobs. From Florida…LOL, who would have guessed? As an aside…noticed two EV’s beat (finished in 1st and 3rd place) the Porsche 911 Turbo R (finished in 7th place) in 2024 Pikes Peak Hill Climb.
I'm thinking unsubscribe time.....spent enough time on this thread now
Old 06-24-2024, 04:50 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,798 Likes on 972 Posts

No it isn’t. You two twiddle-Dee and twiddle-dumb(er) need to work on your cognitive skills.

I believe that any “bans” do not affect existing cars made before any ban takes effect…in 2035 (for now), or until they get rolled back (the likely outcome). Only on new vehicles.

Oh, and I suspect, as we do with guns….those that want a new ICE (or gun), but can’t get it in their state due to restrictions, can still go to their neighboring redneck state that doesn’t have these bans/restriction. That’s what all the gangsta’s in my state do (we have strict gun laws) to get all the weaponry of their choice. Easy-peasy.
I would wager all of the gangsters in your state acquire them illegally just like they do here in California. Felons can’t legally own weapons. My state doesn’t prosecute the felons we arrest with guns anymore, hence, it’s bordering on pointless for us to go after them in the first place (….but our District Attorney sure will go after my partners and/or law abiding citizens though). Our state doesn’t prosecute unlicensed drivers or people with suspended licenses either, among other things……and we now hire illegal aliens to enforce laws. Oh the irony! About the only thing that’ll still get a conviction these days are DUI’s. I can’t wait for this last 13 years to be over. I’m taking my pension and running far away from this blue hell hole.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 06-24-2024 at 04:57 PM.
PHX (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 05:01 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 754 Likes on 327 Posts

I didn’t say it is a ban on existing cars. The person can’t buy a new one. That means it’s existing car will eventually become scrap metal. That is a given. You haven’t even read the laws. I had to put them out there for you. 85 posts ago. I was putting them out there and you still didn’t read them. Now all of a sudden you seem to know so much. Pathetic..

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-24-2024 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-24-2024, 05:05 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
I would wager all of the gangsters in your state acquire them illegally just like they do here in California. Felons can’t legally own weapons. My state doesn’t prosecute the felons we arrest with guns anymore, hence, it’s bordering on pointless for us to go after them in the first place (….but our District Attorney sure will go after my partners and/or law abiding citizens though). Our state doesn’t prosecute unlicensed drivers or people with suspended licenses either, among other things……and we now hire illegal aliens to enforce laws. Oh the irony! About the only thing that’ll still get a conviction these days are DUI’s. I can’t wait for this last 13 years to be over. I’m taking my pension and running far away from this blue hell hole.
Bye.
Old 06-24-2024, 05:08 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,798 Likes on 972 Posts

Originally Posted by aggie57
Bye.
Whatever tough guy! A couple of you chomp so much online.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 06-24-2024 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-24-2024, 05:13 PM
Hunky
Instructor

Received 163 Likes on 97 Posts

Sad that your head explodes each and every time you read something posted by another member that does not fall in line with your sanctimonious Liberal mentality. It must be absolute hell going through life compelled to lash out with name calling and personal attacks on anyone not in line with you.
Even a "twiddle-dumber" born/raised in San Diego now living very comfortably on the shore in FL can easily see that these government imposed timelines, mandates for EV sales are untenably stupid and have virtually no chance of widespread adoption in the foreseeable future.
Why not allow the technology to evolve and create EVs that the general public prefers over gas powered vehicles. Is that a difficult concept for an indoctrinated Liberal?
The following 2 users liked this post by Hunky:
M3Inline6 (06-24-2024), PHX (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 05:14 PM
Hunky
Instructor

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Whatever tough guy! A couple of you chomp so much online.
Exactly! Keyboard warriors, real badasses.

Last edited by Hunky; 06-24-2024 at 05:19 PM.
M3Inline6 (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 05:18 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 754 Likes on 327 Posts

So as not to derail the thread any further I decide to try to go back to the topic of the hybrid car, which stands in front of us pretty soon. I was driving in my CPO base macan which was supposed to hold me over until the new car arrived and one of the tires was losing air. Took me to the dealership because I was close by… While they had a little talk with people who know me 35 years and know the technicals of these vehicles are better than I. I told them that delayed my allocation to see what else is coming. They listened. Then one of them came up to me afterwards and looked at me and said “good move . It’s too much too soon.” We talked a little bit about the legislation in Europe and then he turned to me and said. “we’re both going to be even older old men “‘ My Tire didn’t have a flat. I always enjoy going to the dealership.

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-24-2024 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2024, 05:23 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunky
Is that a difficult concept for an indoctrinated Liberal?
This is at least the second time in this thread that you've talked about being a "liberal" like it's a bad thing. Do you really need to go there on a Porsche forum?

I personally don't care if someone is a liberal or a conservative, left or right leaning, what have you - but when either side talks about the other like it's a bad thing, then it starts getting just as stupid as watching the news.
The following 2 users liked this post by slwong23:
alex2364 (06-24-2024), jtsrenn (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 05:32 PM
Hunky
Instructor

Originally Posted by slwong23
This is at least the second time in this thread that you've talked about being a "liberal" like it's a bad thing. Do you really need to go there on a Porsche forum?

I personally don't care if someone is a liberal or a conservative, left or right leaning, what have you - but when either side talks about the other like it's a bad thing, then it starts getting just as stupid as watching the news.
I don't know. Maybe you can ask the guy who calls others here like myself "twiddle-Dumber", "Neanderthal", "Maga moron", "Florida Redneck",..... We all know who that is. Ask him?
M3Inline6 (06-24-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 05:37 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 284 Posts

Oh jeez! the Dem and Rep sycophants are going at it again. Can someone put a stop to it?
Hunky (06-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Can you accept that the new hybrid was built from a "defensive" perspective ?