Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you accept that the new hybrid was built from a "defensive" perspective ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2024, 12:00 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Florida has nothing to do with any of this. If you want to tart an entire thread dedicated to Florida. have fun .
Ya might wanna refer to your little toady, “Hunky”, recent comments mentioning Florida. He still seems angry about California “libs”. 😂 Not that I’m one….

I responded to HIM, not you. But thanks for playing.

As several other posters have mentioned - do you read anything that’s posted? I have my doubts.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-23-2024 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 12:08 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 751 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunky
Too funny.
You are actually more entertaining when you bad mout the forum and talk sheet on its moderators or better yet asking other members who don't swallow your Liberal blather if they "know how to read".
Carry on Man.
He was there first who pitched a fit on this thread when he himself didnt even have a deposit for a GTS . Unlike him I had one until I started learning about the engine . Many of the concerns were shared on the thread where Jason did his presentation . The video in the first post as well as another video posted in a separate paste thread posed some more concerns with this engine . We all know Porsche could have built a car as fast using ICE but the length of engineering gymnastics they had to achieve is so new and unknown that I just think the fanboys cant even discuss it . They perceive any efforts to discuss it a form of preaching negativity . Lemmings do lemmings things I suppose . ,

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-23-2024 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 12:11 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Ya might wanna refer to your little toady, “Hunky”, recent comments mentioning Florida. He still seems angry about California “libs”. 😂 Not that I’m one….

I responded to HIM, not you. But thanks for playing.

As several other posters have mentioned - do you read anything that’s posted? I have my doubts.
US politics are off the discussion for me., That has been the case since the thread began .
Going off topic as you have done is thread hikacking . Start a thread on your own about US politics or Florida if you wish .

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-23-2024 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 12:15 PM
user 999993337
Banned

Received 175 Likes on 94 Posts

@yrralis1 Just drop it and admit that you've lost this debate.

Look at the number of likes: 8 likes for you and your supporters (including your likes) versus over 99 likes for those who disagree with you.

And stop creating new threads to continue spreading your negativity. You’ve started a thread about the sound of the 992.2, even though you haven’t heard it live.

This shows how much of an attention seeker you are.
The following 3 users liked this post by user 999993337:
Brad Stinson (06-23-2024), CodyBigdog (06-23-2024), Scott P (06-24-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 12:52 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by melhechi
@yrralis1 Just drop it and admit that you've lost this debate.

Look at the number of likes: 8 likes for you and your supporters (including your likes) versus over 99 likes for those who disagree with you.

And stop creating new threads to continue spreading your negativity. You’ve started a thread about the sound of the 992.2, even though you haven’t heard it live.

This shows how much of an attention seeker you are.
Those who are with me already took it up on the other thread . They are done sand dont care. The "likes" are the same people giving each other the tongue . There has been no "debate" . There was a video that no one discussed and a barrage of personal attacks ,

1) No one refuted the complexity of the new engine
2) No one refuted that the EU mandates drove Porsche to create it .

What has been revealed is that some fanboys who want to buy it dont care as long as they chase after the shiny new Porsche object . They feel Porsche warranty is all they need . They haven't pondered the amount of time or inconvenience in the shop or the potential nightmare of. fixing off warranty or selling a car whose problems puts it out of favor . They still haven't even received a trade in on their current 992.1 cars . Lest they be reminded that this same type of "lost debate " (as you. call it ) took place in 2021 before the 22 GTS cars were launched and quite a few were cheering their own 30-50K ADMS to have it when I told them ":no way for me " .

As far as I am concerned in real life I am ahead of the curve . I sold my 992.1 GTS . I loved the car , had two great years with it, and got back a solid amount for it which is now on the sidelines in the hopes that Porsche comes up with a non hybrid . I am also watching to see how the hybrid does in its first year but for now it's out . I was offered a base but felt I wanted more . I could even buy my car back but I dont want to. They are asking a good price not much higher than what I got . I am also so glad I kept my modified 997 Turbo . Over the last two years I had it upgraded and I enjoy this car more now than ever . I have cars that I can drive and the money is going up instead of down as I wait . . In the end I can buy any car I want or no car at all if I am disappointed . IMO .. thats "winning" . What a group of strangers on the internet blowing kisses at each other doesnt affect my reality . In fact it doesnt effect the realityof many others here who decided against jumping into the new GTS either .

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-23-2024 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 12:53 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,490 Posts

I gave you the actual dates and timelines predicted .You simply didnt read them and spit out whatever garbage pops into your mind .

https://www.instituteforenergyresear...ed%20by%202032
You really need to verify your sources; the IER is a front for the fossil fuel industry. Lobby group masquerading as a not-for-profit, pure and simple.
The following users liked this post:
CodyBigdog (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 12:56 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

US politics are off the discussion for me., That has been the case since the thread began .
Going off topic as you have done is thread hikacking . Start a thread on your own about US politics or Florida if you wish .

Once again, you missed the point…despite bringing up how politics is responsible for the 992.2….which I would disagree with your assertion…at least in totality. One of the counterpoints I would make (and I know this from my own EV experience)…it’s far easier and cheaper for a EV cars to dial up more HP and torque in future models, than it is for ICE cars. They (usually) don’t need all new engine designs that are expensive and time consuming. As i stated, and as all business owners will tell you - It’s the profit margin that matters most, so if the 992.2 serves as a model/basis for future Porsche’s, it makes sense to go hybrid.

The point being - companies like Porsche need to juggle consumer interests, and legal requirements, as handed down by the politicians….in all of the markets they serve…and that includes China and US, their two largest markets.

As the development of new models is a multi-year, multi-billion dollar effort….companies like Porsche have to look into the future and project a “vision” of what they believe that future will look like? Right now, Porsche is dealing with a possible tariff war with one of their biggest markets, China…while simultaneously juggling the political climate in the EU…and possibly the US after the upcoming election. And to complicate the long range vision….politics keep changing. Oh, and don’t think for a minute that the political change that recently took place in Europe, will be a lasting change. Once coalitions are formed, between competing parties with different interests, the ruling coalition party will have a struggle on their hands to stay in power. I don’t envy the legal hoops that car companies have to go through…especially for car companies with less resources than Porsche.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-23-2024 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 01:05 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

He was there first who pitched a fit on this thread when he himself didnt even have a deposit for a GTS .
I “pitched a fit”? OK, Karen. So, who called whom an “angry lib”? I am neither, but in this day and age, I’ll take the complement. Consider me on team Lib. But another swing and a miss from team Neanderthal. .

Nevertheless, I wasn’t aware that any post that was contrarian to your remarks, were NOT allowed, unless said poster had a deposit on a 992.2? Can you please show me that rule?

Get real man.

Put the big-boy pants on, and try defending what you post? While we’re at it, try reading the posts before you comment.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-23-2024 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 01:18 PM
Hunky
Instructor

Received 163 Likes on 97 Posts

Florida has nothing to do with any of this. If you want to tart an entire thread dedicated to Florida. have fun .
The article he links to is 15 years old(Aug 2009) showing Florida's population at 18 million and supposedly decreasing. Florida's current population is 23 million, not exactly what one would consider dwindling. LOL. Maybe he should read the crap he references here. Hilarious.
Old 06-23-2024, 01:23 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

My mistake.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/12-fa...95732777.html#

Florida is experiencing a population decline in almost half of its cities.”

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...ining/3084684/

Guess there’s still cheap swamp land to put trailers on…

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-23-2024 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 01:33 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,090 Likes on 2,991 Posts

The new Bugatti has a naturally aspirated engine and is a hybrid. I would not be surprised to see a 992.2 GT3 (at least a variant) that does the same -- hybrid power paired with an NA engine. A larger displacement for the 992.2 GT3 is almost a certainty at this point, but paired with hybrid power, it will be a giant killer. A GT3 with the low end grunt of electric motors and NA throttle response up in the revs will most certainly be an extraordinarily desirable combination.

I still haven't warmed up to some of the changes that Porsche is bringing with the 992.2, but TBH, I really don't have a problem with the hybrid aspect.

My 992.2/994 wish list item? It would be dreamy if Porsche had a new 6 speed manual transmission on deck designed for hybrid power.
The following 2 users liked this post by detansinn:
aggie57 (06-23-2024), AlexCeres (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 01:53 PM
Hunky
Instructor

Received 163 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
My mistake.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/12-fa...95732777.html#

Florida is experiencing a population decline in almost half of its cities.”

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...ining/3084684/

Guess there’s still cheap swamp land to put trailers on…
Yes indeed there is my friend and as a matter of fact we have a deposit on a unit in this Gulf Coast trailer park currently under construction nearby.

Old 06-23-2024, 01:56 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,018 Posts

already been discussed. Prototype testing took place on the race track and then trickle down into these limited edition supercars. The greatest advertisement of all is watching a hybrid across the finish line-at Le Mans.. the 919 trickled down into the 918 and so on . That PR campaign made way to you and did exactly what it was supposed to do . It convinced you that the hybrid was the solution…
if you think these companies built race cars and 7 figure hypercars as an advertisement for plebes 10 years into the future, you are way way off your meds. They did it to win races and make money. Contemporaneously, they were the fastest and best cars of their day. Koenigsegg started the switch in 2015 too. And emission regulations were far more generous 10 years ago. They did not have to except it was best, and they like winning.
Old 06-23-2024, 01:56 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,461 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
The new Bugatti has a naturally aspirated engine and is a hybrid. I would not be surprised to see a 992.2 GT3 (at least a variant) that does the same -- hybrid power paired with an NA engine. A larger displacement for the 992.2 GT3 is almost a certainty at this point, but paired with hybrid power, it will be a giant killer. A GT3 with the low end grunt of electric motors and NA throttle response up in the revs will most certainly be an extraordinarily desirable combination.

I still haven't warmed up to some of the changes that Porsche is bringing with the 992.2, but TBH, I really don't have a problem with the hybrid aspect.

My 992.2/994 wish list item? It would be dreamy if Porsche had a new 6 speed manual transmission on deck designed for hybrid power.
I also read about the new Bugatti. Impressive machine and Porsche owns 45% with Rimac owning the other 55%. So, their work and learning are available to Porsche already. Only caveat I found is that thing is heavy. Not like 100lbs more than the GTS but 4300lbs. I guess 3 emotors and a NA V16 and battery’s will do that. Still says like 1.8sec 0-100kmh, ouch.
Old 06-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
I'm going to make this brief and I'm not going to get sucked in to the vortex of politics or the desire to start something I wish to battle others with: Cars have always been made in a defensive position, so what? Better brakes, gas mileage, better crashworthiness, better traction, lighter weight, stronger materials, airbags, ABS, better ride, better/brighter headlights, seatbelts as standard equipment, and on and on and on. To take the position the new 992.2 is somehow so radically different than automotive predecessors is ridiculously stupid and short-sighted. Besides, if you are of the perception the 992.2 is "defensive" in a manner offensive to you, the remedy is simple: DON'T BUY ONE, 2) don't complain, and 3). don't waste your time and energy defending a position that obviously isn't anywhere near-universal.
Well said!!

Quick Reply: Can you accept that the new hybrid was built from a "defensive" perspective ?