Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you accept that the new hybrid was built from a "defensive" perspective ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2024, 03:38 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,505 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Spot on. I WAS going to give a factual response to all his nonsensical points, but then I thought…why waste anymore time. He either doesn’t read, or can’t comprehend the difference between facts, and what he gets from Faux.
yeah, +1 to what @ipse dixit said. My brain hurts trying to read these rambling posts. I wasted some precious time this morning I will never get back (I guess that what happens when weather is bad and I can’t take the 911 out for a nice cruise).
Old 06-22-2024, 03:39 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 757 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
My English must be slipping.

I honestly have no idea what you just wrote.
I didn’t write that video.
Old 06-22-2024, 03:45 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,738 Likes on 5,126 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I didn’t write that video.
No, I understood the video perfectly.

Your post that preceded it? Not so much.
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
Timeless992 (06-22-2024), Tobeit (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 03:48 PM
B194HR
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 91 Posts

The 992.2 isn’t the flop of the week.
This thread is.

Everyone just needs to walk away from this one. I just came back from a one hour cruise, so I’m pretty clear headed writing this.
The following users liked this post:
Mike2000 (06-23-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 03:55 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Spot on. I WAS going to give a factual response to all his nonsensical points, but then I thought…why waste anymore time. He either doesn’t read, or can’t comprehend the difference between facts, and what he gets from Faux.
I’m the last person to watch Fox News. Hard to imagine that there are some issues on both sides of the political aisle that make my position non-partisan. I don’t check the little D or R under the name of the politician who picks the topic that I don’t agree with. This is the especially the case when it pertains to a different country.. The decisions of Porsche came from Europe and American politics have nothing to do with this. Last I checked a person could still buy a V8 Corvette or Mustang in this country . The effort made to derail this thread show how weak your argument really is. Attacking the poster rather than the topic or picking some offbeat portion to deflect is all I see. Anyone can watch the video in the first post. You don’t even have to read what I wrote. One also doesn’t have to read anything anyone else wrote because I can summarize it right here. They wrote nothing.. the video speaks for itself.

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-22-2024 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-22-2024, 04:12 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 753 Likes on 426 Posts

Forget about the engine and all the hoopla of the other thread . This discussion points at the entire reason the enormous effort and complicated engine came tk be in the first place .
Can you accept that premise without questioning it ? If not , thats easy , you wont buy the car. You might wait to see what other models arrive in 26 . Some are just holding onto the car they have trying to justify that it's not stagnation . Lets face it , even if you are like me and cant stand the idea of this engine the new car did destroy the old car in every performance category and I take this as though Porsche could have done it WITHOUT a hybrid . It's my opinion that Porsche is charging a lot of money for the cars . They keep raising the price and while some here write that a "75K ADM" is not puke worthy I take a totally different view . I feel that even MSRP pricing if its not perfect I am not buying it . I realized that when I started building poverty spec cars to hedge the loss if I hated it and bailed out . If I loved the car I would have gone forward with a full spec .

Heres the discussion . More people are beginning to get it . Some wil say previous car changes were controversial but not like this . It is repeatedly being questioned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTUlHJGc0nw
Some rando on YouTube with 21k followers says it so it must be true.

Porsche could not have maintained gts power levels in the EU without needing a 400v system for the e turbo, at which point they may as well go full hybrid.

Last edited by malba2366; 06-22-2024 at 04:14 PM.
Res Ips (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 04:14 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

...You don’t even have to read what I wrote.
Now we are talking.. lets skip that part and we all just post some more videos to watch.
Old 06-22-2024, 04:23 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

I was a bit skeptical at first but the more I read about the GTS the more I like it. Looking forward to the reviews. I’m sure they will be impressive. If you price out a base to the same comparative spec for a GTS, it’s only about a 20k difference and the GTS has so much more included excluding the powertrain. I’m hoping to get one but don’t think there are any allocations as of yet.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jon70:
Res Ips (06-22-2024), Timeless992 (06-22-2024), user 999993337 (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 04:49 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,275 Posts

The politics built the car. It’s not even USA politics. I think at least you’re beginning to see this wasn’t some sort of conspiracy. you just didn’t follow the car itself through the paces that lead to its birth.

My last comment on this thread….

Yes, “politics” played a part in the automotive direction and timeline used by manufacturers. So what? That’s true of almost everything. Federal and state “mandates”/regulations have been around a very long time. There’s nothing new about Government telling you what to do. The Government is suppose to work for us ALL….or at least the majority of people…and last time I looked, the vast majority of Americans want something done to address global warming…as they do about the rampant proliferation of guns (but that’s the subject for another forum)…or about immigration reform, etc.

As far as Porsche’s move to electrification of its cars, I’m 100% certain, like all business decisions, was motivated by several reasons, including political/legal mandates, as well as financial/economic survival. We all understand the political motivations…but the economic aspects of the decision is often overlooked. Case in point - in 2023, 25% of all new cars sold in germany were EV’s, and despite the slow-down in sales, EV sales are still increasing. People were not forced to buy these EV’s…they bought them for an assortment of reasons.. So, irrespective of the political mandates, if I’m the CEO of a car company, do I ignore the fact that an increasing number of consumers want EV’s, or do I listen to the conservatives that want us to forge ahead and continue making only ICE cars…and hope that one day, the company doesn’t find it’s self being left behind the EV revolution? To be clear, I’m not advocating an either/or solution. Lot of companies went out of business because they didn’t keep up with innovative trends that people wanted…look at what Amazon did to Sears and a lot of other brick and mortar companies.

As a former owner of a high tech company, I know you can’t continue to live off of prior accomplishments. Being conservative in business can lead to stagnation…and stagnation in any business is simply not good business practice. And that’s especially true in a highly dynamic sector, like EV’s.

It is projected that by 2026, EV’s will be cheaper to manufacturer (including the battery) than ICE cars. That’s good for consumers and for manufacturing profits. Charging infrastructure is still continuing to expand. Sold-state batteries that offer 500+ miles of range are already being tested by a number of companies, including Toyota. EV technologies are relatively new when compared to ICE…and look how far they’ve come in 10+ years. Sky is the limit.

But for conservatives (per the definition, is someone that resists change and innovation), such as yourself, resisting progress is part of who you are. But at age 66 (if memory serves me), you won’t be closed out from getting an ICE car anytime soon. Passing the State driver’s exam is likely to be the limit on your options. .

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-22-2024 at 04:58 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by CodyBigdog:
992.Turbo.S (06-22-2024), Res Ips (06-22-2024), Timeless992 (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 04:53 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
Now we are talking.. lets skip that part and we all just post some more videos to watch.
Funny you should mention that…my brother-in-law, when discussing politics/issues/policies….never actually says anything himself. It’s always some video from Faux/Facebook videos/etc

We’ve become a nation that no loner reads. It’s all about clicks.
Old 06-22-2024, 05:02 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
No, I understood the video perfectly.

Your post that preceded it? Not so much.
Yet no comments on the video .
I see your have 16K posts yet not one pic of your car.
Are you planning on buying one of these compliance cars ?
Old 06-22-2024, 05:08 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jon70
I was a bit skeptical at first but the more I read about the GTS the more I like it. Looking forward to the reviews. I’m sure they will be impressive. If you price out a base to the same comparative spec for a GTS, it’s only about a 20k difference and the GTS has so much more included excluding the powertrain. I’m hoping to get one but don’t think there are any allocations as of yet.
What do you personally like about it ? We already know its faster . 718 was faster too but the 4 cylinder failed .Its an example of where faster is not necessarily better .
You also know the reviews will gush over it . Most auto journalists are monetized and their you tube channel makes $$ off clicks and likes .
They want too be invited to journalist day . Jason was granted an interview with a Porsche engineer so dont think for even one second that words are measured .

Old 06-22-2024, 05:14 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

My last comment on this thread….

Yes, “politics” played a part in the automotive direction and timeline used by manufacturers. So what? That’s true of almost everything. Federal and state “mandates”/regulations have been around a very long time. There’s nothing new about Government telling you what to do. The Government is suppose to work for us ALL….or at least the majority of people…and last time I looked, the vast majority of Americans want something done to address global warming…as they do about the rampant proliferation of guns (but that’s the subject for another forum)…or about immigration reform, etc.
The EU mandates were voted down by the US . Hence the V8 still will exist .
You obviously dont know because you somehow cant look up what they wrote in black and white .
This condenses it for you . https://www.instituteforenergyresear...ed%20by%202032.
Hunky (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 05:19 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by malba2366
Some rando on YouTube with 21k followers says it so it must be true.

Porsche could not have maintained gts power levels in the EU without needing a 400v system for the e turbo, at which point they may as well go full hybrid.
You attack him rather than discuss the points he made . Try that instead .
Old 06-22-2024, 05:30 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

What do you personally like about it ? We already know its faster . 718 was faster too but the 4 cylinder failed .Its an example of where faster is not necessarily better .
You also know the reviews will gush over it . Most auto journalists are monetized and their you tube channel makes $$ off clicks and likes .
They want too be invited to journalist day . Jason was granted an interview with a Porsche engineer so dont think for even one second that words are measured .
remember, you make your case in this thread based on a video you posted and asked us to not even worry what you wrote. Sooo..you are making knots in your arguments to no end.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tobeit:
Timeless992 (06-22-2024), user 999993337 (06-22-2024)

Quick Reply: Can you accept that the new hybrid was built from a "defensive" perspective ?