Sponsored by:

992.2 April 2024 Release

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2023 | 11:25 PM
radelow
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
there are 2 mules in that video the one with the squarish tail pipes sounded turbo charged to me, the other I’m not so sure
I find it almost impossible that Porsche would backtrack to a naturally aspirated model. Emission and mileage standards in Europe just won't allow it. MAYBE they would for some kind of special model...I can't think of one model of car that went from naturally aspirated to turbo back to naturally aspirated in recent history other than for some special limited production models (IE Boxster GTS 4.0)
Old 04-21-2023 | 11:52 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,584 Likes on 2,273 Posts

Originally Posted by radelow
I find it almost impossible that Porsche would backtrack to a naturally aspirated model. Emission and mileage standards in Europe just won't allow it. MAYBE they would for some kind of special model...I can't think of one model of car that went from naturally aspirated to turbo back to naturally aspirated in recent history other than for some special limited production models (IE Boxster GTS 4.0)
I’m not saying they should, I’m just saying the dual pipe one didn’t sound turbo charged to me, while the other one clearly did. Also the 4.0L in the GT4 / Spyder / GTS is complainant with regulations until 2026 so I don’t think that is an issue. The GTS wasn’t a limited production model, it was regular along with the Cayman GTS 4.0.

People said they’d never put a 911 GT3 engine in a 718 too lol… who knows. Porsche know how to sell cars and the market went bananas for those NA 4.0L engines.

Last edited by UncleDude; 04-21-2023 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-22-2023 | 02:06 AM
JOSCAL
Racer

Received 258 Likes on 143 Posts

Interesting and the Carrera or S sounds quite muted? Assuming that’s what they are🤓
Old 04-22-2023 | 04:24 AM
CZS
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 103 Posts

Eh... Maybe it will grow on me, but I'm not sold on that front end. The headlights look less prominent and almost fade into the front facia. Whole front end looks narrower to me....
Old 04-22-2023 | 04:32 AM
Defrag
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by radelow
thats why its going mild hybrid my friend, exactly to comply with EU regulations. (if the NA rumors will confirm to be true)

3.0 turbo engine going into 3.6l NA engine with mild hybrid.
Also why new Cayenne Turbo GT wont be available in Europe at all, since sales were low and Porsche needs to keep the specific limits of emissions accross their entire range.

I have 992.2 4gts on order for almost 8 months now (I opted to wait 4-6 months longer to have a 992.2 rather then 992.1 right before summer season ends), premiere supposed to go live Jan 2024, configuration start of feb 2024, production march and first picksups end of March/Mid april 2024. gts models going first, s/4s 2-3 months later, then regular carrera which will still have old 3.0 engine as entry option (no idea about hybrid). Turbo/Turbo S models December 2024, gt3 after that.

4gts will have 3.6l engine (not confirmed with NA, but photos of test mules seems to confirm it) + mild hybrid and 540 horse power instead of 480. Nothing dealers have been hiding from us here. s/4s going to 510hp.

Last edited by Defrag; 04-22-2023 at 05:04 AM.
Old 04-22-2023 | 04:41 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Defrag
thats why its going mild hybrid my friend, exactly to comply with EU regulations.

3.0 turbo engine going into 3.6l NA engine with mild hybrid.
Also why new Cayenne Turbo GT wont be available in Europe at all, since sales were low and Porsche needs to keep the specific limits of emissions accross their entire range.

I have 992.2 4gts on order for almost 8 months now, premiere supposed to go live Jan 2024, configuration start of feb 2024, production march and first picksups end of March/Mid april 2024. gts models going first, s/4s 2-3 months later, then regular carrera which will still have old 3.0 engine as entry option (no idea about hybrid). Turbo/Turbo S models December 2024, gt3 after that.

4gts will have 3.6l engine (not confirmed with NA, but photos of test mules seems to confirm it) + mild hybrid and 540 horse power instead of 480. Nothing dealers have been hiding from us here. s/4s going to 510hp.
What do you mean you’ve had a 992.2 on order for almost 8 months?
Old 04-22-2023 | 05:00 AM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,678 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by SS22

Good question!

My order forms always referenced the model listed on the price list, e.g. 911 Carrera S
Nowhere on the form is any reference to 992 or 992.2 even though I specifically asked for 992.2.
Also, the 8-digit config code refers to 992, as we cannot configure 992.2 as yet.
Old 04-22-2023 | 05:15 AM
Defrag
Instructor

Originally Posted by SS22
means I signed order documents /slot allocation stating that I'm specifically waiting in queue for 992.2 production and skipping earlier availability of 992.1 if i could get it (and I knew I could, September this year). Paid the initial payment as well on spot, and Im guaranteed to get into first batch of production. No clue how it works in other countries.

Originally Posted by Pivot
Good question!

My order forms always referenced the model listed on the price list, e.g. 911 Carrera S
Nowhere on the form is any reference to 992 or 992.2 even though I specifically asked for 992.2.
Also, the 8-digit config code refers to 992, as we cannot configure 992.2 as yet.
My order specifically says 992.2 on it with estimated delivery date March/April 2024. Price is subject to change when the new model/configuration is announced etc. All written down.

Last edited by Defrag; 04-22-2023 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-22-2023 | 07:35 AM
gthal
Pro

Received 540 Likes on 204 Posts

My order specifically says 992.2 on it with estimated delivery date March/April 2024. Price is subject to change when the new model/configuration is announced etc. All written down.
That is not an "order" with Porsche... that must be some document between you and the dealer. 992.1 or 992.2 doesn't show up on an official Porsche order anywhere. What you have is a promise to get you a future allocation and that is very different.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (04-22-2023)
Old 04-22-2023 | 07:56 AM
Defrag
Instructor

Originally Posted by gthal
That is not an "order" with Porsche... that must be some document between you and the dealer. 992.1 or 992.2 doesn't show up on an official Porsche order anywhere. What you have is a promise to get you a future allocation and that is very different.
yeah, thats quite obvious.
Official order from Porsche is when you pay 10%, lock the spec, and the car goes into production.
Dealers have lists of people for each half year and base queues on number of allocations given to each dealership.

Again, I have no clue how that works in USA or any other country, but im pretty familiar how it works where I reside.

The markets are totally different, for example when I read you have to pay like 30-50k$ in America over the sticker to dealer is just bonkers to me. Here you can order turbo S with under 6 month pick up at the moment and get 3-5% discount from config at current conditions. Carrera T and basic model are available with 2 months pickup dates.
There was not a single time here where you would pay dealer (even during highest covid craziness) over the catalog price for the order. Discounts were gone, lot of people who flipped the cars instead of buying for themselves so queues were insane, but none of that ADM stuff.

Last edited by Defrag; 04-22-2023 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-22-2023 | 09:44 AM
gthal
Pro

Received 540 Likes on 204 Posts

yeah, thats quite obvious.
Official order from Porsche is when you pay 10%, lock the spec, and the car goes into production.
Dealers have lists of people for each half year and base queues on number of allocations given to each dealership.

Again, I have no clue how that works in USA or any other country, but im pretty familiar how it works where I reside.

The markets are totally different, for example when I read you have to pay like 30-50k$ in America over the sticker to dealer is just bonkers to me. Here you can order turbo S with under 6 month pick up at the moment and get 3-5% discount from config at current conditions. Carrera T and basic model are available with 2 months pickup dates.
There was not a single time here where you would pay dealer (even during highest covid craziness) over the catalog price for the order. Discounts were gone, lot of people who flipped the cars instead of buying for themselves so queues were insane, but none of that ADM stuff.
I understand what you are saying. My comment was really that the dealer is just putting you on a list for a car and they have no sweet clue when they will be actually able to sell you the car. No dealer today knows exactly when a 992.2 will be available to sell or what their allocation will look like. Their “dates” were just guesses. That was more my point.
Old 04-22-2023 | 11:49 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

I understand some agreement with the dealer that they’ll give you an allocation for 992.2 whenever it eventually comes out. But Porsche has not announced the 992.2 so everything you’ve been told as far as when it’ll come and which trims will come first are pure speculation. It’s also shady that the dealer already took money from you with no order at all. In the US, almost all dealers take about $2.5k-$5k as a deposit only when they actually place an order. The ones that take a deposit with no real allocation and order are frowned upon.
Old 04-22-2023 | 02:12 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,678 Likes on 610 Posts

Good for you, you are on the pre-release list.

It is still a speculation on the dealer side, but I hope that your order materialise.
Greek Car Geek (09-16-2023)
Old 04-22-2023 | 03:22 PM
Defrag
Instructor

Originally Posted by gthal
I understand what you are saying. My comment was really that the dealer is just putting you on a list for a car and they have no sweet clue when they will be actually able to sell you the car. No dealer today knows exactly when a 992.2 will be available to sell or what their allocation will look like. Their “dates” were just guesses. That was more my point.
[QUOTE]But Porsche has not announced the 992.2 so everything you’ve been told as far as when it’ll come and which trims will come first are pure speculation[QUOTE]
Of course they do. How else would they sell upcoming models? Safari was sold out half year before it was announced in public, and they knew exactly how many cars will be coming for entire country and when.

And this applies to all major brands, not just porsche. Had similiar history trying to get new bmw 5, I was told it premiers in June/July, first deliveries October, but m5 at least half year later. That means dealers have info regarding new release of 5 series and schedule 1,5year before. Can it change? sure.

I was shown some stuff from porsche communication, there was a calendar looking like it was in excel with all releases (not just 911) + info about engines. Also list of current restrictions. None of this info was verbal only, this was info sent to dealers about upcoming stuff. They also knew way in advance (from January) about exact date where the new price increases would be and from end of february by how much exactly on each model.

Its kinda obvious dealers know way in advance when and what new models are coming, not just porsche but any brand.
Even youtubers know when releases are way in advance, take new bmw m2 for example - they were contacted 6 months before hand, invited to drive the car and prepare movies, then they were told exactly when embargos for info/videos will be lifted.
lamborghini revuelto? the day it was announced like 15 youtubers hit the mainstream with factory tours, visits, reviews.

Do you think its a coincidence all major car review channels release reviews for highly anticipated cars at the exact same time exact same day? it takes weeks to get the paperwork, fly to other country to film it, edit it and prepare for release.

So far all the releases from porsche pdf are spot on without any delays (safari, gt3 rs, new cayenne), next one should be 992 st next month or june, then new panamera or macan ev, and 992 end of the year. Cant remember details, honestly, as I wasnt that interested. electric 718 is 2025.
The same info was shown to me in 2 different dealerships.

You dont believe me, take this info as any other rumour/speculation in this thread. I didnt come here to argue cuz i know better, its pointless. Posted because I have some extra info that might be fun.

In the US, almost all dealers take about $2.5k-$5k as a deposit only when they actually place an order. The ones that take a deposit with no real allocation and order are frowned upon.
Works totally different here. Based on dealership u pay 2.5-7.5k$ deposit when being placed into queue (you can resign at any given moment until your slot is available, 100% return), then you pay 10% of the configuration price when you have your allocation and car goes into production. At this point no resignations and money returns. Rest of cash is paid on delivery.
Same as there wasnt a single sale that was over sticker price. You can get 0% discount, but situations where dealers charge extra mark-up over regular price sound just ridiculous when i read about it how it works in USA.

Last edited by Defrag; 04-22-2023 at 03:32 PM.
Greek Car Geek (09-16-2023)
Old 04-22-2023 | 03:31 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

I’m not trying to argue with you. Of course, we’ll eventually see a 992.2. But last I’d heard from a couple local dealers is that Porsche hadn’t announced anything to them about the exact timing and which trims come first. I do remember however that a few months ago some local dealers will speculating we might get 992.2 for MY2024. Now we know that was wrong. By all indications, 992.2 is coming for MY2025. It will likely be introduced one trim at a time while other trims continue as MY2024 models under 992.1 platform. All I’m saying is that exactly when each trim is going to come seems like speculation at this point. Heck, even if Porsche really is giving a schedule, the dates might change because of all the production delays and changes. So personally, I would take all of it with a grain of salt. But again, not trying to argue. I really hope you get the exact trim for the 992.2 that you want and your wait is minimal and everything works out well as you’re expecting.

Quick Reply: 992.2 April 2024 Release