Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 06:58 PM
s_earl1
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by balucipher
Nice build. Which color are you thinking?
Same as my 991.2 GT3, slate 6601. If I HAVE to go non-PTS it's 3-way tie between gt silver, gentian or chalk. None of them really do it for me like slate though. Pretty bummed.
The following 2 users liked this post by s_earl1:
balucipher (10-24-2022), wdr911 (10-25-2022)
Old 10-24-2022, 07:40 PM
shehatezme
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I'm sticking with Mr. T. I like the whole, less is more theme. Lighter, maybe more collectible, possibly more fun on the street. I looked up the specs and the Base is the same or better than my CGTS4.0, which is fantastic. The "smaller" brakes are still impressive brakes. And smaller = less unsprung weight at every corner, which should pay dividends in driving feel. If I really want more HP later, a tune can easily get 100+ hp is seems. For me, I'll leave it stock for the warranty factor though.

Are the T and S builds similarly optioned at $13k difference?
Yes similarly option down to lightweight class on the S. My T build is $126K (7sp + RAS) and my S build is $138K (7sp + Premium Package + RAS). If I remove the lightweight glass on the S (i am ok with no specing this), my difference is close to $11K.

Last edited by shehatezme; 10-24-2022 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-24-2022, 07:58 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,029 Likes on 4,872 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel28
Will I regret not going for full leather interior...decisions decisions...
Yes.

If you are asking the question, then err on the side of getting it.

Better to have and not want than want and not have.
The following users liked this post:
Steel28 (10-26-2022)
Old 10-24-2022, 08:21 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,864 Likes on 1,665 Posts

Originally Posted by shehatezme
Yes similarly option down to lightweight class on the S. My T build is $126K (7sp + RAS) and my S build is $138K (7sp + Premium Package + RAS). If I remove the lightweight glass on the S (i am ok with no specing this), my difference is close to $11K.
Interesting. Personal preference I guess. I personally am thinking I'd rather have a more unique, somewhat special build in the T than an S. Just thinking out loud, no judgments either way. I will also be getting the LW Buckets, which I think are only available on the T, GTS?, and GT cars. I won't be adding any type of leather or added luxury options except for folding mirrors for garage access, puddle lamps cause they're cool and $130, fire extinguisher cause it's cool, and gas cap because of peer pressure. lol. Plus the Aero and side skirts to really bring up the price a bit. No upgraded rims, seat belts, interior packages, etc. If I were to go S, I'd likely get more luxury in the car.
Old 10-24-2022, 08:41 PM
cgaites
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 88 Posts

Does anyone know whether or not you can add back the rear seats after the fact if you spec the LWBs?

Strange question I know, but hear me out. I have little kids that still fit in the back of my current 911 and enjoy riding in it. I’ve got maybe 3-4 more years where they will fit comfortably. I also tend to keep my cars for 5+ years. Would love to be able to option LWBs, and then source regular sport seats & back seats on the 2nd hand market. I’d swap out the LWBs and store them for ~3 years before swapping back and selling the regular seats to recoup those costs. Seems convoluted, but the LWB are much cheaper when optioned out of the gates then when sources on the 2nd hand market.

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2022, 09:02 PM
Jarm
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cgaites
Does anyone know whether or not you can add back the rear seats after the fact if you spec the LWBs?

Strange question I know, but hear me out. I have little kids that still fit in the back of my current 911 and enjoy riding in it. I’ve got maybe 3-4 more years where they will fit comfortably. I also tend to keep my cars for 5+ years. Would love to be able to option LWBs, and then source regular sport seats & back seats on the 2nd hand market. I’d swap out the LWBs and store them for ~3 years before swapping back and selling the regular seats to recoup those costs. Seems convoluted, but the LWB are much cheaper when optioned out of the gates then when sources on the 2nd hand market.

Thanks!
In the configurator if you click "Seats -> Rear Seats" to re-add the rear seats that are deleted by default, the info button says the following:
"Note: Not compatible with Full Bucket Seats. Rear seat delete is standard."

I similarly would like to spec LWBs with rear seats, but it seems very unlikely.

Last edited by Jarm; 10-24-2022 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-24-2022, 10:00 PM
shehatezme
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Interesting. Personal preference I guess. I personally am thinking I'd rather have a more unique, somewhat special build in the T than an S. Just thinking out loud, no judgments either way. I will also be getting the LW Buckets, which I think are only available on the T, GTS?, and GT cars. I won't be adding any type of leather or added luxury options except for folding mirrors for garage access, puddle lamps cause they're cool and $130, fire extinguisher cause it's cool, and gas cap because of peer pressure. lol. Plus the Aero and side skirts to really bring up the price a bit. No upgraded rims, seat belts, interior packages, etc. If I were to go S, I'd likely get more luxury in the car.
I need the back seat for the kids so LWB is a non starter for me. I think this I am buying the T just for the special trim.
Old 10-24-2022, 10:00 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by cgaites

Thanks!
You can't in any 911 because 1. They haven't been crash tested for rear occupants 2. I'm not sure if even children could get in from the gap between the bucket rolled all the way forward and the door frame because the buckets are fixed.

If you want the kids to ride along, go with the standard 4 ways (the manual lever to scoot the seat forward is faster than waiting for the power seat) and add in the rear seat. Still a great seat and frees up some cash for other options
Old 10-24-2022, 10:37 PM
lone992
Instructor

Received 282 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Carrera T and LiPO4 = No T For Me?

I'm understanding that the 992 Carrera T comes standard with a light weight battery. I'm assuming it's the same LiPO4 battery as used on the 992 Carrera S when equipped with RAS.

If I'm sticking with my current allocation request for a C2S, it's a non issue since RAS isn't optioned. If I swap my allocation request to a T, it appears this will include the lightweight battery both with or without RAS optioned.

Is this battery really a valid concern for reliability and replacement cost?

This particular thread about the LiPO4 is a bit unnerving:
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1291...-2500-a-2.html

Old 10-24-2022, 10:39 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,864 Likes on 1,665 Posts

Originally Posted by Gh0st0
7 speed manual, they really couldn't just gave it the 6 speed and hit it out of the park
Please explain this comment. Is the 6spd better than the 7 speed? If so, why?
Old 10-24-2022, 10:53 PM
Gleebag
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel28
Will I regret not going for full leather interior...decisions decisions...
YES.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gleebag:
GT3FZS (10-26-2022), Steel28 (10-26-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 12:17 AM
reloader-1
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 123 Posts

Couple of things:

My SA told me that Bose will likely become available again for January lock builds, based on current communication.

I’m actually doing a standard interior this time around, leather for me doesn’t hold up as well in the Florida heat and sun. I take good care of it, but it’s not the same.
The following users liked this post:
Steel28 (10-26-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 12:32 AM
F1SML8R
Instructor

Received 156 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by reloader-1
Couple of things:

My SA told me that Bose will likely become available again for January lock builds, based on current communication.

I’m actually doing a standard interior this time around, leather for me doesn’t hold up as well in the Florida heat and sun. I take good care of it, but it’s not the same.
Any intel on when the CF buckets might come on line? Or if ever? Also, carbon ceramic brakes if you happen to catch up with him?
Old 10-25-2022, 12:38 AM
reloader-1
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by F1SML8R
Any intel on when the CF buckets might come on line? Or if ever? Also, carbon ceramic brakes if you happen to catch up with him?
I knew I had forgotten something! Thanks for the reminder on PCCBs, he is just as surprised as we are that buckets aren’t on the configurator.
Old 10-25-2022, 01:02 AM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,453 Likes on 798 Posts

No. It’s not a concern.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club