Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 04:40 PM
Gibberish
Advanced

Received 100 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dassArse
GTFO...a tangible allocation, not demand order, congrats. This is a fantastic sign
Yep, an actual order form signed.
I was the guy who placed a deposit (name on the list) in August 2021, back in the early days of this thread with Mr NO TEA who has since become Mr ok there is a Tea
On the morning of the announcement i was contacted by my SE to request a Spec
The following 2 users liked this post by Gibberish:
balucipher (10-26-2022), johny221 (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 04:43 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,890 Likes on 1,682 Posts

Interesting. I skipped the folding mirrors on my CGTS to keep it simple and light, but in my tight garage, I kinda regret that, so I'm adding it for my 911T. Especially since the T will be in the right bay so folding that passenger side mirror helps going in/out.

Under puddle lamps: fun for the money.
Fuel cap: I'm told it's a requirement to join my local PCA (kidding)
I imagine the axle lift weighs a fair amount. I'm going without it. Hopefully I can clear my neighborhood speed bumps!

I'm debating writing something custom on the arm rest just because, well, we can.
The following users liked this post:
Gibberish (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 04:46 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gibberish
I was the guy who placed a deposit (name on the list) in August 2021, back in the early days of this thread with Mr NO TEA who has since become Mr ok there is a Tea
But do you have an allocation or just a commission number? I have a comm number and my demand order is placed, but do not have an allocation yet as one has not been made available to my dealer.
Old 10-26-2022, 04:48 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibberish
If you don't have a track your dream link with freeze / delivery date estimates you have a demand order, not an allocation. They are very different.
AdamIsAdam (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 04:51 PM
Gibberish
Advanced

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
But do you have an allocation or just a commission number? I have a comm number and my demand order is placed, but do not have an allocation yet as one has not been made available to my dealer.
Its an Order form with spec, prices, everything on.
I have been told I will have their first allocation, no dealer has their allocations yet as far as I'm aware.
I understand some dealers will only complete the order & take deposits once they have their allocations, mine and some others do things a bit different.
Old 10-26-2022, 04:55 PM
Gibberish
Advanced

Originally Posted by zachr
If you don't have a track your dream link with freeze / delivery date estimates you have a demand order, not an allocation. They are very different.
Demand order it may be then, it just states order form at the top with the full list of options and costs, the dealer has not received allocations yet, I have been assured that when they do I get the first.

Last edited by Gibberish; 10-26-2022 at 05:10 PM.
balucipher (10-27-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 05:23 PM
reloader-1
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Butzi901
You nailed the items on the bubble. I think I need the axle lift in Chicago, otherwise the rest is just “nice to have”. I have read great things on rennlist about the ionizer, particular in polluted urban environments.
I live in Miami, go in and out of buildings and parking garages with no issues. It’s a feature you barely use, and if by any chance you do scrape the bottom one day it’s not the end of the world.

I’m torn on the ionizer, I also read great things and then realized the author actually sells a version of the ionizer to the aftermarket. The conclusion from a few members is that there is no tangible difference.
Old 10-26-2022, 05:36 PM
minh
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 35 Posts
Default do I have a demand order? and my current config

I bought a 991.2 T from my dealer in early 2019 when new ones were sitting on lots- they located a decent spec lowish options manual RAS one from another dealer (it was black and less than a year later I traded it for an even lower spec miami blue T manual but non-RAS). Now wanting to spec one exactly like I want and SA has my order waiting on allocation. I received the email/video from Porsche (“thanks for ordering a Porsche”). I assume that is a demand order?

Current build (actually different than what is loaded but SA says I can change when I get allocation):

-White (it’s “pure” LOL).
-satin black wheels (colored logo pops on an appliance color)
-side decal delete
-“911” instead of “911 Carrera T” (assume it’ll be painted agate instead of silver but configurator doesn’t exactly say that)
-carbon roof (probably will delete but i think the carbon will look nice with agate mirrors and slats)
-roof prep for racks ($60, i guess if you don’t order you don’t get the cool attachment hiding under the trim for the roof rack).
-23 gallon fuel tank
-rear axle steering
-carbon buckets (*maybe* PCCBs) if/when they become available

The following 4 users liked this post by minh:
damien996 (10-26-2022), kcsf (10-27-2022), S S (10-26-2022), tourenwagen (10-27-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 05:38 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 449 Posts

All I know is that it's looking like my order will indeed be for a T rather than a GTS and I honestly couldn't be happier. I currently have 7 codes in my "wallet" with a few different colours (one being PTS), but basically similar.

-Sport Design package
-Burmeister (I'd switch to Bose if it becomes available before order needs to be locked)
-T interior package (on the fence about the basic one or the more costly version that includes the dash etc)
- 7-speed manual
-Rear wheel steering
-90L fuel tank
-fire extinguisher
-Race tex heated steering wheel
-Tach and chrono clock in Lizard Green (assuming I stick with one of the non-blue colour choices I'm considering)
-smoking package
-storage package
-PDLS
-Deletion of model designation on rear (keeping the side stripe)
-Standard 4-way seats and rear seats (sorry, I like the utility the rear seats offer for my dog's crate and find the basic seats VERY much to my liking. The manual fore-aft adjustment makes me much happier when accessing the rear)

If PCCB's do show up, I might consider them, but only on the non-PTS or special colours.
The following 2 users liked this post by timothymoffat:
balucipher (10-26-2022), minh (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 05:51 PM
minh
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by greggles991
I'm still undecided on buckets and the standard black interior vs T interior in green and add the rear seats in.. Also whether to go for Racetex roof lining or not. Does it insulate some of the noise out?
can’t comment on sound insulation but the 991.2 T has the racetex/alcantara roof liner and C pillar standard and it looks really really REALLY nice. so nice that i may think a 992 T without it has been cheapened a little. not sure if it’s worthy of being a $1300 checkbox though.
greggles991 (10-27-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 05:53 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

What does the regular head liner look like?
Old 10-26-2022, 10:14 PM
damien996
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I’d keep the roof white and consider adding aftermarket black shark fins in front of the rear wheels. You’ll have a sharp 992 Clubsport! I really like your spec and this is tastefully done.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:16 PM
damien996
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by minh
I bought a 991.2 T from my dealer in early 2019 when new ones were sitting on lots- they located a decent spec lowish options manual RAS one from another dealer (it was black and less than a year later I traded it for an even lower spec miami blue T manual but non-RAS). Now wanting to spec one exactly like I want and SA has my order waiting on allocation. I received the email/video from Porsche (“thanks for ordering a Porsche”). I assume that is a demand order?

Current build (actually different than what is loaded but SA says I can change when I get allocation):

-side decal delete
-“911” instead of “911 Carrera T” (assume it’ll be painted agate instead of silver but configurator doesn’t exactly say that)
-carbon roof (probably will delete but i think the carbon will look nice with agate mirrors and slats)
-roof prep for racks ($60, i guess if you don’t order you don’t get the cool attachment hiding under the trim for the roof rack).
-23 gallon fuel tank
-rear axle steering

I’d keep the roof white and consider adding aftermarket black shark fins in front of the rear wheels. You’ll have a sharp 992 Clubsport! I really like your spec and this is tastefully done.
minh (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 11:26 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 571 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by minh

-side decal delete
-23 gallon fuel tank
-rear axle steering
Personally, I'd keep the carbon roof. Everything else is relatively easy to retrofit later if you choose. Carbon roof, not so much.
minh (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 11:47 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Carbon roof is nearly $4k. That's a lot. The web site says it saves 30%, but how many pounds is 30%? Does anyone know?

I love the idea of doing something that saves a lot of weight, but that's just to continue the theme of the car. I'm not a racer. I'd do it for $1k or maybe even $2k, but $4k is a lot IMO.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club