Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 01:50 PM
greggles991
Advanced

Received 113 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I would guess there's more weight by adding the back seat in then swapping out roof liners. But I also know that many people want those back seats for practical reasons.
For sure.. the rears will add the most weight. I think they are a good option for resale if nothing else if you go with the standard seats. I love the idea of adding buckets and the Racetex wheel.. touchpoints with the car are what it's all about. Accessibility to the rear for storage with the fixed buckets sounds a bit of a pain though.

On the Racetex roof it's something I would definitely spec on a C2 as from cars I've seen I think it really lifts the interior. My worry was that it would nullify some of the noise reduction which seems to be the essence of the lighter/noisier T. I'm not sure where Porsche have removed the sound insulation from in the T though.. maybe it's not the roof at all.

Last edited by greggles991; 10-26-2022 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2022, 02:10 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,720 Posts

Originally Posted by greggles991
I'm not sure where Porsche have removed the sound insulation from in the T though.. maybe it's not the roof at all.
I heard somewhere, true or not, that the sound deadening was removed from the area under the seats. Not sure if that's all seats, just fronts/rears or if it's even true. But I can't imagine there's much in the roof otherwise it could tend to sag over time. Again, just thinking out loud, not speaking from facts.
The following 2 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
Gibberish (10-26-2022), greggles991 (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 02:18 PM
renn.tp
Racer

Received 556 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by reloader-1
These are always really subjective, as we all have different preferences. However, a couple things:

1. The window trim is already black, so selecting high gloss black window trim is a bit redundant.

2. Overall, I think you went a bit overboard on the build, especially as it’s a PDK. The rationale for a T is really to get a manual in the base, if you are opting for PDK the only real benefit is getting RAS and lightweight glass, but you optioned a rather “GT” build. Would it make more sense to get the S, or perhaps a lighter optioned Carrera?
Thank you for your reply!

From what I understand, the rubber window trim is replaced with a black painted metal piece. Perhaps it’s because my 997 window trim has faded that I’m predisposed to speccing this option.

On the base vs T argument — I prefer less sound deadening, the LSD and RAS. Otherwise I would absolutely be content with a base C2
The following users liked this post:
Tompoodie (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 03:00 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,463 Likes on 2,811 Posts

These are always really subjective, as we all have different preferences. However, a couple things:

1. The window trim is already black, so selecting high gloss black window trim is a bit redundant.

2. Overall, I think you went a bit overboard on the build, especially as it’s a PDK. The rationale for a T is really to get a manual in the base, if you are opting for PDK the only real benefit is getting RAS and lightweight glass, but you optioned a rather “GT” build. Would it make more sense to get the S, or perhaps a lighter optioned Carrera?
There is a big difference between standard matte black and high gloss black trim, believe it or not. The high gloss definitely pops - it's a worthwhile option.
Old 10-26-2022, 03:11 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,528 Likes on 5,055 Posts

Originally Posted by Butzi901
Hi all – just wanted to introduce myself and proposed 911 T. I’m coming from a 997.2 C2S and Macan Turbo. I live in Chicago and for a variety of reasons I’ve decided to consolidate down to one car. This will be my first time speccing a new Porsche, so welcome any thoughts/suggestions on the build. Thanks!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPCN3916

Given your build, I think you might want to consider a base C2.
Old 10-26-2022, 03:13 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,720 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Given your build, I think you might want to consider a base C2.

On the base vs T argument — I prefer less sound deadening, the LSD and RAS. Otherwise I would absolutely be content with a base C2
This is why he wants T. He knows what he wants, that's for sure.
The following 2 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
renn.tp (10-26-2022), Tompoodie (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 03:39 PM
reloader-1
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 126 Posts

On the last 991.2 T, choosing a PDK eliminated the LSD. I imagine it will be the same here, so really the only benefit is RAS (which, although decent, is more complexity and weight).

(EDIT - no longer the case, according to the next poster. I’ve never owned an auto transmission 911, so mea culpa)

I’m no “purist”, buy whatever floats your boat and spec it however you’d like, but I think your build is around $15k more than it needs to be if you give up RAS. Sound deadening can always be removed, it’s under your carpet

Last edited by reloader-1; 10-26-2022 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-26-2022, 03:48 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

On the last 991.2 T, choosing a PDK eliminated the LSD. I imagine it will be the same here, so really the only benefit is RAS (which, although decent, is more complexity and weight).

I’m no “purist”, buy whatever floats your boat and spec it however you’d like, but I think your build is around $15k more than it needs to be if you give up RAS. Sound deadening can always be removed, it’s under your carpet
its not the case here - LSD and PTV standard on the T, not available on the base
reloader-1 (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 03:50 PM
Tompoodie
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 142 Posts

(EDIT - no longer the case, according to the next poster. I’ve never owned an auto transmission 911, so mea culpa)

I believe that with the PDK will be paired with continuously variable electronic LSD, which is
arguably more effective than the mechanical LSD with the manual.
Old 10-26-2022, 04:18 PM
renn.tp
Racer

Thanks for chiming in!

Based on feedback, I think the sunroof needs to go. Another factor for the T is resale. I don’t plan on selling this vehicle, but I imagine it will hold value more effectively than a base Carrera.
balucipher (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 04:20 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 272 Likes on 142 Posts

Since we are sharing our builds I thought I would share mine. Not sure if I will get one, though I had the 991T and it was a great all around car. Very comfortable and great for road-trips. I did not spec my T previously. I have the 918 sport buckets in my GT3 and Spyder and they are very comfortable, for me. On the 992T, I would probably go with the base seats to have access to the rear for storage during road-trips. I would prefer the PCCBs, so hopefully that will be an option in the future. If I were to get the new T , I would consider trading in the GT3. The T is more practical. I miss the narrow body styling of the 991. I keep on coming back to Chalk since my two that I have now are Chalk with black handles. Too bad I can’t option black handles. Just for fun I called Porsche West Palm Beach and they have 7 on the list already. I am in no rush and would prefer to wait for the Pccb’s hopefully.

http://www.porschecode.com/PP34Q2D1

Last edited by Guaji; 10-26-2022 at 04:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Guaji:
Gibberish (10-26-2022), s_earl1 (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 04:25 PM
reloader-1
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 126 Posts

Thanks for chiming in!

Based on feedback, I think the sunroof needs to go. Another factor for the T is resale. I don’t plan on selling this vehicle, but I imagine it will hold value more effectively than a base Carrera.
Of course! Happy to chime in.

Here’s what I would ditch:

Folding mirrors
Under puddle lights (no one cares)
Fuel cap (painted plastic cap)
Front axle lift (unless you absolutely need it)
Tail lights (keep PDLS+)
Surround view (add LCA)
Ionizer

Everything else is good, especially for resale. A nice, PDK T, with RAS will go quickly. The above is $6,230 of stuff that doesn’t add to your driving enjoyment, or can’t even be seen until the car is parked.

Old 10-26-2022, 04:27 PM
Gibberish
Advanced

Received 100 Likes on 52 Posts

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP2PHBG5
My Order went through on Monday, first on the allocation list and my first 911.
As i have always said on this thread i just wanted base Power, manual box and lightweight package.. that is what I have stuck to.
*rear seats are in for practicality and luggage rests nicely on them when folded during roadtrips.
balucipher (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 04:34 PM
dassArse
Racer

Received 328 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibberish
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP2PHBG5
My Order went through on Monday, first on the allocation list and my first 911.
As i have always said on this thread i just wanted base Power, manual box and lightweight package.. that is what I have stuck to.
*rear seats are in for practicality and luggage rests nicely on them when folded during roadtrips.
GTFO...a tangible allocation, not demand order, congrats. This is a fantastic sign
Gibberish (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 04:35 PM
renn.tp
Racer

Of course! Happy to chime in.

Here’s what I would ditch:

Folding mirrors
Under puddle lights (no one cares)
Fuel cap (painted plastic cap)
Front axle lift (unless you absolutely need it)
Tail lights (keep PDLS+)
Surround view (add LCA)
Ionizer

Everything else is good, especially for resale. A nice, PDK T, with RAS will go quickly. The above is $6,230 of stuff that doesn’t add to your driving enjoyment, or can’t even be seen until the car is parked.
You nailed the items on the bubble. I think I need the axle lift in Chicago, otherwise the rest is just “nice to have”. I have read great things on rennlist about the ionizer, particular in polluted urban environments.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club