Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 01:42 PM
stiff///M
Racer

Received 501 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
My production start date was March 6th. Still no change in TYD. Is TYD behind or are these actual delays?
I'm in the same boat. March 7th start date came and went and no update.
Old 03-09-2023, 02:12 PM
YWG_YYZ
Advanced

Received 109 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by xliang
New updates on mine today. At Halifax, not sure how accurate this is.
Ruby star Neo with grey stitching. Porsche code PPM6ZI58
You must be one of the first to get it in Canada.
Will be excited to see the actual pictures when it arrives at the dealer! hopefully in the next couple weeks.
The following users liked this post:
timothymoffat (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 02:19 PM
rokkerkory
Racer

Received 510 Likes on 172 Posts

Just got this... was expecting it to be next week

08 Your vehicle has left the port of shipment
Your Porsche has left the port of shipment and is on the way to the destination port. Your dream Porsche is now one step closer.
The following 5 users liked this post by rokkerkory:
992carrerat (03-09-2023), Humbucker427 (03-10-2023), Macboy (03-09-2023), reddysum (03-09-2023), tourenwagen (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 02:56 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,392 Likes on 1,198 Posts

Originally Posted by stiff///M
I'm in the same boat. March 7th start date came and went and no update.
3-4 days seems to be how long TYD updates are taking lately
Old 03-09-2023, 04:12 PM
stiff///M
Racer

Received 501 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
3-4 days seems to be how long TYD updates are taking lately
Good to know. I won't stress out until the 12th.
Old 03-09-2023, 04:15 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I have my T up to $149,750 -- lots of options -- every race-tex option rather than the all leather interior. neo Rubystar and the Gloss aero package -- spyder wheels. clear tail lights. I like all the electronics-- lane change notice, lane keep, -- both of which have helped me keep from smashing my 21' Targa 4 at times. And it seems like cheap insurance because if this car gets in an accident, it will ruin the entire experience for me -- even if repaired. And if totaled -- it could take a year or more to get a replacement built and the price will have risen probably more than the option. Surround view- is absolutely necessary if you don't want to smusch the front or rear while parking or backing into a parking sport-- which would be very embarrassing at a PCA meetup. Spend $2,500 on PPF but save the cost of the lane change and lane keep for the same price? I had a friend that had his new Ferrari rear-ended on the way home from the dealer -- and he was so upset- turned around and and took it back to the dealer and told them to sell it and order him a new one. I had a friend in another corvette bump the rear of my new c7 Grand Sport and It was never the same for me as I thought I could see w wrinkle in the back panel. I sold it a few months later.

Did the free interior exterior color trim -- why not? I kept the base interior as I prefer the fabric look with the cross hatch than the lines in green or gray -- and the base T interiors are essentially the same as the base interior except for the lines in the fabric for $3,000 plus? I have all the fancy leather in my lunch wagon 911 Targa 4 -- but this is a driving car and doesn't need all that leather and leather covered vents etc. I thought all the race-tex steering wheel and headliner, sunshades and courtesy light cover and the seatbelt cover would look more the character of the T than the All-leather options for thousands of dollars. If this is your only Porsche sports car, I can see ordering the fancy leather, however.

The big cost item was $8,000 plus for the gloss black aero package -- which my dealer did get approved for my order specifically -- I buy a lot of Porsche vehicles - Panamera Executive being delivered next week probably helps-- but then they did not give us any guarantee that this option would not delay the build date. I would expect this car will tske months longer to actually get built as the factory only seems to get a limited number of the aero kits each month. So, this option might turn out to have been a mistake-- but I do have other Porsches to drive around so I can wait if that is what it takes.

Manual transmission- no rear seats of course. Otherwise, why not get the base car. RAS -- definitely. My thought is if this does not help the car corner - why is it standard on the SPort classic, and the Turbos and the 911 GT cars? Part of the reason to buy the T is Porsche lets you get this suspension upgrade and the manual together without spending $20,000 more for hp that no one ever needs on a mountain or twisty country road. My base engine 992 Targa T is way faster than I can ever drive it on the street rationally and without dying or getting tickets. I know there is the ego factor having that S on the back and all - or GTS -- but I drove a 911 4S for 20 days in Europe and it was not enough faster on the street over my base engine 911 Targa 4 to make any added difference in my experience. And in fact-- the only big difference in that the S has larger turbo blades but the downsize is the "lag" is felt in a fast acceleration from a stop light-- the S takes a big breath before it jumps forward while my base Targa 4 -- does not exhibit this turbo lag. I would rather have an extra $20,000 in options that I will actually see or use over the extra hp that in reality I never need or will rarely ever really use.I don't keep track of the seconds to drive a mountain road - I am not racing another car like on a track where a little more hp might help lower my speed over 10 laps of a track by 1 second beating the car I am competing with. But I don't drive on tracks.

There is no wrong spec - order what you will enjoy! I have the leather steering column on my Targa and I really do like looking at that stitching and leather - it seems to make the car look more complete and luxury built interior. I also have the real wood trim on my Targa 4 -- which cost a stupid $1,900 extra - but I love the look of that wood with the all Bordeaux red interior every time I get in the car. My dealer said no one had ever ordered that because it was so expensive but by ordering the base engine I had $20,000 left to spend on options without making the car stupid expensive. I have all the upgrades for performance on my Targa 4 and all the upgrades for luxury while most S 911's have either the performance options or the luxury options but rately both like I put on my Targa 4.

I firmly believe this T is the berst bang for your buck on any Porsche Sports cars and I would rather have this T and the Targa 4 and my Panamera instead of one sport classic -- which in reality is 90% of the same car as the base engine model 911's. I can order that big deacal on the side for $50.

If you take delivery for this new T-- it will spoil you for any other sports car -- even for any other car in the Porsche lineup. Porsche should also offer a T Targa and a T cabriolet - but then buyers might get smart and stop ordering the other much more expensive 911 models that make them zillions of dollars.
Old 03-09-2023, 04:22 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 551 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
I have my T up to $149,750 -- lots of options -- every race-tex option rather than the all leather interior. neo Rubystar and the Gloss aero package -- spyder wheels. clear tail lights. I like all the electronics-- lane change notice, lane keep, -- both of which have helped me keep from smashing my 21' Targa 4 at times. And it seems like cheap insurance because if this car gets in an accident, it will ruin the entire experience for me -- even if repaired. And if totaled -- it could take a year or more to get a replacement built and the price will have risen probably more than the option. Surround view- is absolutely necessary if you don't want to smusch the front or rear while parking or backing into a parking sport-- which would be very embarrassing at a PCA meetup. Spend $2,500 on PPF but save the cost of the lane change and lane keep for the same price? I had a friend that had his new Ferrari rear-ended on the way home from the dealer -- and he was so upset- turned around and and took it back to the dealer and told them to sell it and order him a new one. I had a friend in another corvette bump the rear of my new c7 Grand Sport and It was never the same for me as I thought I could see w wrinkle in the back panel. I sold it a few months later.

Did the free interior exterior color trim -- why not? I kept the base interior as I prefer the fabric look with the cross hatch than the lines in green or gray -- and the base T interiors are essentially the same as the base interior except for the lines in the fabric for $3,000 plus? I have all the fancy leather in my lunch wagon 911 Targa 4 -- but this is a driving car and doesn't need all that leather and leather covered vents etc. I thought all the race-tex steering wheel and headliner, sunshades and courtesy light cover and the seatbelt cover would look more the character of the T than the All-leather options for thousands of dollars. If this is your only Porsche sports car, I can see ordering the fancy leather, however.

The big cost item was $8,000 plus for the gloss black aero package -- which my dealer did get approved for my order specifically -- I buy a lot of Porsche vehicles - Panamera Executive being delivered next week probably helps-- but then they did not give us any guarantee that this option would not delay the build date. I would expect this car will tske months longer to actually get built as the factory only seems to get a limited number of the aero kits each month. So, this option might turn out to have been a mistake-- but I do have other Porsches to drive around so I can wait if that is what it takes.

Manual transmission- no rear seats of course. Otherwise, why not get the base car. RAS -- definitely. My thought is if this does not help the car corner - why is it standard on the SPort classic, and the Turbos and the 911 GT cars? Part of the reason to buy the T is Porsche lets you get this suspension upgrade and the manual together without spending $20,000 more for hp that no one ever needs on a mountain or twisty country road. My base engine 992 Targa T is way faster than I can ever drive it on the street rationally and without dying or getting tickets. I know there is the ego factor having that S on the back and all - or GTS -- but I drove a 911 4S for 20 days in Europe and it was not enough faster on the street over my base engine 911 Targa 4 to make any added difference in my experience. And in fact-- the only big difference in that the S has larger turbo blades but the downsize is the "lag" is felt in a fast acceleration from a stop light-- the S takes a big breath before it jumps forward while my base Targa 4 -- does not exhibit this turbo lag. I would rather have an extra $20,000 in options that I will actually see or use over the extra hp that in reality I never need or will rarely ever really use.I don't keep track of the seconds to drive a mountain road - I am not racing another car like on a track where a little more hp might help lower my speed over 10 laps of a track by 1 second beating the car I am competing with. But I don't drive on tracks.

There is no wrong spec - order what you will enjoy! I have the leather steering column on my Targa and I really do like looking at that stitching and leather - it seems to make the car look more complete and luxury built interior. I also have the real wood trim on my Targa 4 -- which cost a stupid $1,900 extra - but I love the look of that wood with the all Bordeaux red interior every time I get in the car. My dealer said no one had ever ordered that because it was so expensive but by ordering the base engine I had $20,000 left to spend on options without making the car stupid expensive. I have all the upgrades for performance on my Targa 4 and all the upgrades for luxury while most S 911's have either the performance options or the luxury options but rately both like I put on my Targa 4.

I firmly believe this T is the berst bang for your buck on any Porsche Sports cars and I would rather have this T and the Targa 4 and my Panamera instead of one sport classic -- which in reality is 90% of the same car as the base engine model 911's. I can order that big deacal on the side for $50.

If you take delivery for this new T-- it will spoil you for any other sports car -- even for any other car in the Porsche lineup. Porsche should also offer a T Targa and a T cabriolet - but then buyers might get smart and stop ordering the other much more expensive 911 models that make them zillions of dollars.
You could learn how to drive properly, take some of the Porsche track courses and you will see how useless a lot of the electronic aids are. In fact. in regards to LCA, only necessary if you don't actually know how to adjust your side mirrors properly (hint you should not see any of the car) and you really should be able to keep your car in your own lane.
The following 6 users liked this post by KenTO:
Cartod (03-09-2023), DSC48 (03-09-2023), lmmo (03-09-2023), Scott P (03-09-2023), Stespa (03-09-2023), Wilder (03-09-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-09-2023, 06:34 PM
xliang
Advanced

Received 62 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by YWG_YYZ
You must be one of the first to get it in Canada.
Will be excited to see the actual pictures when it arrives at the dealer! hopefully in the next couple weeks.
Wow... didn't think i would be one of the first, but my sales did say it was actually pretty quick process.
I will update once i get more photos from the dealership.
Old 03-09-2023, 06:50 PM
RichJ_cars
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

I hope I made someone’s day today. I gave up my MSRP allocation (May lock date) at Porsche of Annapolis, so someone next on the list should be getting good news soon. Just not the right car for me.
The following users liked this post:
Cartod (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 07:09 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,197 Likes on 425 Posts

I have an April build date with June delivery. Python with standard T interior, green stitching and some race-tex goodies. Still on the fence about sport-design and if I did that, I'd do FAL along with it. Freeze isn't until 3/30 so still plenty of time to agonize over it.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PPYKBVT3

Over the weekend my wife saw this in the garage at the gym and approved.

Another sign...to go with this (from PCNA at the Rolex this year, in Lizard Green, going fully nerded out). FYI there is a Ruby version of this available.

The following 6 users liked this post by arrivederci:
BOS911T (03-09-2023), Patriot (03-09-2023), rennfish (03-09-2023), tourenwagen (03-09-2023), Wilder (03-09-2023), Ørjan (03-10-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-09-2023, 07:47 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,029 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
I...order what you will enjoy!
We can all agree with that!
Old 03-09-2023, 08:12 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 789 Likes on 292 Posts

Progress.

The following 5 users liked this post by Patriot:
HerrDr (03-09-2023), Macboy (03-10-2023), toph4242 (03-09-2023), tourenwagen (03-09-2023), Wilder (03-10-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 08:26 PM
bobert75
Racer

Received 735 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJ_cars
I hope I made someone’s day today. I gave up my MSRP allocation (May lock date) at Porsche of Annapolis, so someone next on the list should be getting good news soon. Just not the right car for me.
I am sure you did! When I talked to them just before New Years they had 5 or 6 on their wait list for a T allocation.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:38 PM
reddysum
Instructor

Received 262 Likes on 63 Posts

If anyone is interested in an available incoming guards red carrera t with pdk dm me. Don’t know if there will be adm but my guess would be no.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:49 PM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 230 Posts

@stiff///M Looks like I am 21 days behind you, roughly. Maybe if I'm lucky or you are unlucky, we'll be on the same boat to Lehigh Valley.

Python Green
Full leather Carrera T interior package in Lizard Green
Extended range fuel tank
Race-Tex steering wheel
Prep for dash camera
$128,810

The following 2 users liked this post by DSC48:
tourenwagen (03-09-2023), Wilder (03-10-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club