992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2023, 08:14 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,260 Likes on 1,401 Posts

^^ not me!
The following 2 users liked this post by Scott P:
HerrDr (01-12-2023), toph4242 (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 08:22 PM
derpington
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by balucipher
I told the SA I was debating the rear seat delete and he told me the 991.2 T cars that came with the factory rear seat delete always sold on the used market quicker and most of his 911 customers never used the rear seat. I think I'm sticking with rear seat delete and adding a color matched GMG roll bar in the back.
In the US, the only way to get the rear seat delete on the 991.2T was by optioning the LWBS, so I suspect this probably has more to do with how quickly they sell on the used market, so I don't think it would be a one to one comparison.
The following 3 users liked this post by derpington:
anythingbuttime (01-12-2023), S S (01-12-2023), tourenwagen (01-13-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 08:25 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by derpington
In the US, the only way to get the rear seat delete on the 991.2T was by optioning the LWBS, so I suspect this probably has more to do with how quickly they sell on the used market, so I don't think it would be a one to one comparison.
Ah, that makes sense. I told him "wow that was not what I expected" and with that bit of info it all makes sense.

Would be cool if buckets were available before my lock date in March
The following users liked this post:
Edward911 (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 08:39 PM
Edward911
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 97 Posts

It would be cooler still, for most of us, if Bose became available before our lock dates! 😁
The following 6 users liked this post by Edward911:
Barkat03 (01-13-2023), Bearrun21 (01-13-2023), HerrDr (01-12-2023), Macboy (01-14-2023), Scott P (01-12-2023), T-Fury (01-13-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-12-2023, 08:44 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,032 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
...For them to do a new car prep (clay bar, wash paint correct any factory blemishes) + FULL CAR Xpel, and Ceramic Coat: All in $5500. Without Ceramic etc. you drop into the mid $4K range. Higher than what I said above, but still far less than what you were told @renn.tp . I can't believe a shop would throw out $8,9,10,11K quotes, WHO would spend that?
Around here, they drop that kind of coin on PPF all day long. Crazy as it sounds. As for me, I know a guy
toph4242 (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 08:49 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by balucipher
...I knew the answer but I asked about Euro delivery and he told me zero chance with this allocation. He suggested PECATL delivery, discussed the program there and we added it. I think it'll be a nice experience and road trip.
What exactly do you get with the PECATL experience? I'm sorta tossing around the idea of it, then road trip back to NY. But only if I had someone to do it with. I've got a friend who grabbed a T allocation with the same dates as mine, but he'll be lucky if he drives it home before putting it into a pickle jar!

I wonder if anyone else's car is coming in close enough to do a joint road trip back to NY area. I probably won't do it because I want a full PPF before I start driving it, but they do make track wrap for just such an occasion.
HerrDr (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 08:53 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
What exactly do you get with the PECATL experience? I'm sorta tossing around the idea of it, then road trip back to NY. But only if I had someone to do it with. I've got a friend who grabbed a T allocation with the same dates as mine, but he'll be lucky if he drives it home before putting it into a pickle jar!

I wonder if anyone else's car is coming in close enough to do a joint road trip back to NY area. I probably won't do it because I want a full PPF before I start driving it, but they do make track wrap for just such an occasion.
When is your build again? Right now I have Euro for mid summer.... but that would mean I wouldnt get car till end of the summer back in the states, and Joey already asked me if I would be open to moving Euro even later due to over booking... I would consider Atlanta, as Ive heard its basically the exact same experience as Leipzig without the option to then drive through Europe... I guess its a 5 hr experience in Atlanta, you have lunch on them, 2 hours I think on track in a similar car, full delivery of the vehicle with expert, and tour of the North American Headquarters. I live in Boston, so I would likely do the roadtrip back if I ended up going this route. My build is 3/17 so I think its likely that Atlanta would happen late April?
Old 01-12-2023, 08:56 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

When is your build again? Right now I have Euro for mid summer.... but that would mean I wouldnt get car till end of the summer back in the states, and Joey already asked me if I would be open to moving Euro even later due to over booking... I would consider Atlanta, as Ive heard its basically the exact same experience as Leipzig without the option to then drive through Europe... I guess its a 5 hr experience in Atlanta, you have lunch on them, 2 hours I think on track in a similar car, full delivery of the vehicle with expert, and tour of the North American Headquarters. I live in Boston, so I would likely do the roadtrip back if I ended up going this route. My build is 3/17 so I think its likely that Atlanta would happen late April?
I lock 2/14, build starts 3/10, finishes 3/17, ETA at dealership 4/14. All subject to change of course.

It's 900 miles, 14 hours for me. We'd have to take it easy as we break the engine in, but on the flip side, when we get home it will be broken in!

Last edited by AdamIsAdam; 01-12-2023 at 08:59 PM.
toph4242 (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 08:58 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Collect your new Porsche from the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta, GA. Includes a tour of the Porsche Experience Center facility, lunch at Restaurant 356 overlooking the track, a 90-minute instructed track session in an equivalent car, and one-on-one private delivery of your new Porsche.

I think someone in another thread said you get a photoshoot of your car on their grounds as well.
Edward911 (01-13-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 09:12 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

Have you gotten anything firm at all on ED? I first got "Yeah! Absolutely! Zuffenhausen! Cool!" then I got "Not a chance. Take normal delivery or pass on the allocation" and am now on: "Oh. Leipzig might work for August/September", but I'm waiting for something a little less vague. I'll starting to feel like just doing a 911/718 factory tour in Stuttgart (which is only 10 Euro) in March and taking normal delivery. If I was still in Boston or NYC I'd consider Atlanta but my build date is way past you and Adam.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:26 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HerrDr
Have you gotten anything firm at all on ED? I first got "Yeah! Absolutely! Zuffenhausen! Cool!" then I got "Not a chance. Take normal delivery or pass on the allocation" and am now on: "Oh. Leipzig might work for August/September", but I'm waiting for something a little less vague. I'll starting to feel like just doing a 911/718 factory tour in Stuttgart (which is only 10 Euro) in March and taking normal delivery. If I was still in Boston or NYC I'd consider Atlanta but my build date is way past you and Adam.
I got a firm offer for Late June/first week of July... I guess the actual "dates" aren't available to the ED team until 2 weeks from now, but my original order was placed with Leipzig delivery selected, so that helped me be high enough on that list of people that I was told Ill have a spot... I knew the factory/museum option was never going to happen based on popularity so I skipped Zuffenhausen.
My concern is that they could always push me to the end of July, and then all of a sudden my car has been built since march, sitting somewhere for me to then maybe not get a chance to pick up till late July (or later)... then it takes 4-8 weeks to ship back, and we are into the fall in Boston at that point and Im now 9 months from having my car instead of 3... Its honestly going to be something to think about. Euro Delivery is a once in a lifetime trip, but I also hope that this isnt my last Porsche, and Atlanta sounds fun too. I think I will know the answer at the beginning of February when I hear if my confirmed date is June (in which case Ill stick to Euro) or if it gets pushed much later.
balucipher (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 09:27 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Talk to your SA about PECATL Adam. Mine in Buffalo told me for whatever reason, NY makes it next to impossible to undertake that trip for delivery cost-wise. He said you have to have your car shipped here from ATL bc you can't get temp tags for some reason I can't recall (convo 16 mos. ago)
Old 01-12-2023, 09:29 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott P
Talk to your SA about PECATL Adam. Mine in Buffalo told me for whatever reason, NY makes it next to impossible to undertake that trip for delivery cost-wise. He said you have to have your car shipped here from ATL bc you can't get temp tags for some reason I can't recall (convo 16 mos. ago)
well that would certainly make my decision simple.

Tnx, I'll check with SA.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:32 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott P
@Scott P This is great advice, I didnt even think of this. I bought my current Cayenne GTS from Wisconsin and I was forced to ship it home because my insurance agent in Boston said there was no way to register it before it got here... I have a feeling Atlanta Delivery would face the same dilemma... But Porsche must deal with this sort of crap all the time. I bought Cayenne private party, so maybe going through dealer helps with the process??
Old 01-12-2023, 09:41 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

@toph4242 supposedly NY is the only state like this. I'd still double check. My SA wouldn't even let me consider it and that was with my original S order 8/21.
The following 2 users liked this post by Scott P:
FloraFauna (01-18-2023), toph4242 (01-12-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club