Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 10:04 AM
beibeihavingfun
5th Gear

Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if they have an exception opened for China market as most local people here digs the red interior even for the hardcore performance models. Red resembles "hapiness" in the Chinese world.
The following 4 users liked this post by beibeihavingfun:
ClubRacer523 (09-19-2023), mitchs_996 (09-19-2023), RatherJaded (09-19-2023), Uhu (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 10:24 AM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,030 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by beibeihavingfun
Not sure if they have an exception opened for China market as most local people here digs the red interior even for the hardcore performance models. Red resembles "hapiness" in the Chinese world.
In the USA, happiness is resembled by a third pedal. : )
The following 10 users liked this post by Dream in PTS:
beibeihavingfun (09-19-2023), ClubRacer523 (09-19-2023), HerrDr (09-19-2023), johnarpy (09-19-2023), Macboy (09-19-2023), mitchs_996 (09-19-2023), RatherJaded (09-19-2023), Schn3ll (09-19-2023), Scott P (09-19-2023), Wilder (09-19-2023) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-19-2023, 10:32 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,829 Likes on 889 Posts

I'm sure it has been discussed but its a Tuesday so working on my build I guess I would get some feedback. First of all, I am optioning rear seats as the reason I'm thinking of getting rid of my Spyder is my wife doesn't like it as there is no ability to go anywhere with both of our small children so it is only "your car" and she refuses to ride in it. That being said, I love it and I love the direct feeling on the high-revving 4.0 engine. Besides a GT3 Touring with a back seat installed, the T seems to fit the bill the best although I am also debating a GTS.

Anyway, I like some creature comforts but not a bloated build. Here is my hig-level build for feedback.
  • Exclusive design wheels (not a bad upcharge for forged wheels IMO, not sure of weight savings though)
  • Interior package in leather. Expensive but if I'm buying a $150k car, I don't want to stare at a vinyl dash. Porsche interiors are already rather plain and bland so some visual interest added but I'm open to opinions on if this is worth it. I also like to get rid of as much mouse fur as possible
  • Sport design package and side skirts. A totally useless option but I kind of dislike the open maul of the car without it. I see a lot of people seem to skip this option so happy to hear deferring opinions. Also, selecting high-gloss on this changes out the seats and removes the stitching but saves some money
  • Slick roof with NO CF
  • Rear axle steering, I have not experienced this but everyone seems to rave and the fact that it is added for the T makes me think I should get it
  • PDLS+, I like the look and also have it in my Spyder
  • Interior inlays in exterior color. Since I picked GT silver, this adds some color to the black interior and should go well with the stripes on the seat. Would not do it with GB or another pigmented color
  • Leather heated wheel, no CF as there is no other CF on this car and I don't really care for it
  • LCA, on the fence on this one but not too expensive and an added safety precaution
  • Bose, I know there are people who say "the only soundtrack you need is your intake and exhaust noise", well, this is a DD and I know the stock system sucks but if anyone got this and has other opinions, I would like to hear it
Major options skipped:
  • FAL. I drive a 718 Spyder today which doesn't have FAL as an option and I'm pretty sure is lower than the T. Seems like added cost, complexity, and weight
  • Ambient lighting, seems a bit silly, maybe in a GTS
  • Extended leather dash and steering column, I admit I have this in my Spyder and love it but that car you see a lot more with the roof down and I feel that it is straying a bit too far from the ethos of the T
  • Surround view--really? I have this in my SUV for obvious reasons but seems unnecessary here
  • Aero kit, sorry, I severely dislike wings
All in, right about $150k
Old 09-19-2023, 10:57 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,300 Likes on 733 Posts

@MaddMike here are my views on your topic so hope it helps.

Interior package in leather. Expensive but if I'm buying a $150k car, I don't want to stare at a vinyl dash. Porsche interiors are already rather plain and bland so some visual interest added but I'm open to opinions on if this is worth it. I also like to get rid of as much mouse fur as possible
Definitely leather interior package but skip the ventilated seats so you don’t have the full leather seats and you don’t miss out on the 911 logo for the T.

Sport design package and side skirts. A totally useless option but I kind of dislike the open maul of the car without it. I see a lot of people seem to skip this option so happy to hear deferring opinions.
For me if you drive in USA and don’t need number plates the standard version is much better designed. The design works best without plates. With the SD the design works best with plates. For the rear it’s personal. Sideskirts are depending on color. Can’t go wrong there.

Also, selecting high-gloss on this changes out the seats and removes the stitching but saves some money
This makes no sense?

Rear axle steering, I have not experienced this but everyone seems to rave and the fact that it is added for the T makes me think I should get it
Maybe you need to start reading about this topic. Definitely not everybody is raving. I would skip it. But just read about it. Everything has been written already. You can easy see what kind of driver you are and in what group you fit and chose accordingly. No real debate if you do that.

PDLS+, I like the look and also have it in my Spyder
A must if you don’t want that ugly white upper part.

Interior inlays in exterior color. Since I picked GT silver, this adds some color to the black interior and should go well with the stripes on the seat. Would not do it with GB or another pigmented color
I think great choice. GT silver is the only exterior color I would also pick this option.

Leather heated wheel, no CF as there is no other CF on this car and I don't really care for it
Also good thinking. Go CF all the way or don’t.

LCA, on the fence on this one but not too expensive and an added safety precaution
Must option for safety reasons. Should be standard on all cars. Regardless that people should pay attention. People should also not murder.

Bose, I know there are people who say "the only soundtrack you need is your intake and exhaust noise", well, this is a DD and I know the stock system sucks but if anyone got this and has other opinions, I would like to hear it
Nobody has ever said that you should skip Bose. Just skipping on Burmester you read occasionally. Almost everybody choses Bose. Great price/quality. The issue was that Bose was not available. You keep screaming some things without knowing all the details.

Major options skipped:

FAL. I drive a 718 Spyder today which doesn't have FAL as an option and I'm pretty sure is lower than the T. Seems like added cost, complexity, and weight
Exactly. For most of us not necessary.

Ambient lighting, seems a bit silly, maybe in a GTS
Too much money for nothing special. Skip it and you will never miss it.

Extended leather dash and steering column, I admit I have this in my Spyder and love it but that car you see a lot more with the roof down and I feel that it is straying a bit too far from the ethos of the T
Extended leather dash on the 992 is throwing away money unlike on the 991. Steering column leather is a must for me personally. Love that stitching there. It cost nothing so just add it.

Last edited by Macboy; 09-19-2023 at 10:59 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Macboy:
MaddMike (09-19-2023), Uhu (09-19-2023), Wilder (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 11:07 AM
beibeihavingfun
5th Gear

Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe that would bring happiness to me as well. Too bad, I am in a country with most people buy for the brand not for the driving pleasure.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:15 AM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
  • Interior package in leather. Expensive but if I'm buying a $150k car, I don't want to stare at a vinyl dash. Porsche interiors are already rather plain and bland so some visual interest added but I'm open to opinions on if this is worth it. I also like to get rid of as much mouse fur as possible
  • IMO, the 992 interior is the first good 911 interior since the 964, when the cars basically didn't have an interior. They knocked it out of the park with the 992. I would opt for leather and deviated stitching because it elevates the look of the interior by a lot but even the base interior looks better than the best 991.2 interior spec. Definitely don't get any Racetex. I would personally rather have plastic over that stuff.
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 11:31 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,829 Likes on 889 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy

Interior package in leather. Expensive but if I'm buying a $150k car, I don't want to stare at a vinyl dash. Porsche interiors are already rather plain and bland so some visual interest added but I'm open to opinions on if this is worth it. I also like to get rid of as much mouse fur as possible
Definitely leather interior package but skip the ventilated seats so you don’t have the full leather seats and you don’t miss out on the 911 logo for the T.

Sport design package and side skirts. A totally useless option but I kind of dislike the open maul of the car without it. I see a lot of people seem to skip this option so happy to hear deferring opinions.
For me if you drive in USA and don’t need number plates the standard version is much better designed. The design works best without plates. With the SD the design works best with plates. For the rear it’s personal. Sideskirts are depending on color. Can’t go wrong there.

Also, selecting high-gloss on this changes out the seats and removes the stitching but saves some money
This makes no sense?

Rear axle steering, I have not experienced this but everyone seems to rave and the fact that it is added for the T makes me think I should get it
Maybe you need to start reading about this topic. Definitely not everybody is raving. I would skip it. But just read about it. Everything has been written already. You can easy see what kind of driver you are and in what group you fit and chose accordingly. No real debate if you do that.
Thanks for the feedback. A couple comments, sorry if it sounded like I was shouting stuff that was already covered. I spend most of my time these day in the 718 forum and I watch a lot of on-line reviews. I understand that if I spent more time in the 992 forum, my opinions would probably defer. My last 911s were 997s as I was not interested in the 991.

A couple comments on your comments:

I guess I need to spend some time in a 911 without the leather dash to see if it is worth the upcharge.

If you select the high-gloss sport design package, it takes out the leather extended package with pinstripes and deviated stitching and replaces it with the checkerboard seats with leather but no deviated stitching. So, it actually reduces the overall price by almost $2k vs. the leather with stitching package, the sport design and sport design side skirts as they are included in the high-gloss package. Doe that make sense? Essentially, picking the high-gloss option changes the interior which ends up being cheaper.

I do find it interesting that you prefer the non-sports design look. I do not need a front plate in my state, thankfully.

Maybe I need to see the sport design and non-sport design side by side to really make up my mind. I do find it interesting that the sport design removes the active cooling flaps. While that does have the benefit of less moving parts and complexity and possibly weight, it also makes me wonder if gas mileage is affected as the purpose of those flaps is to reduce wind resistance when it is not needed.

I do have Burmester in my Spyder as you need it to hear anything especially with the top down at 90mph.

Last edited by MaddMike; 09-19-2023 at 01:03 PM.
Macboy (09-20-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 11:42 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 920 Posts

Any additional leather should be regularly cleaned and conditioned just like leather seats. I am OCD about the cleanliness of my vehicles, especially the interior. Cleaning and conditioning leather is a process that I have never thoroughly enjoyed. Furthermore, sun damage to a leather dash and upper doors is always a concern for me residing in the Southeast.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:15 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,399 Posts

GT Silver-colored interior bits in my Lizard Green interior, custom ordered shift **** for an added splash of green. No need for electronic doo-dads IMO (LCA, Surround view) or RAS/FAL for that matter.

SD design front fascia only

Zunsport grille protectors installed.

The following 11 users liked this post by Scott P:
beibeihavingfun (09-19-2023), cbboarder (09-19-2023), HerrDr (09-19-2023), jumpman2323 (09-19-2023), Macboy (09-20-2023), MaddMike (09-19-2023), Patriot (09-23-2023), RatherJaded (09-19-2023), tourenwagen (09-19-2023), Uhu (09-19-2023), Ørjan (09-20-2023) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-19-2023, 12:38 PM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Received 1,079 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Thanks for the feedback. A couple comments, sorry if it sounded like I was shouting stuff that was already covered. I spend most of my time these day in the 718 forum and I watch a lot of on-line reviews. I understand that if I spent more time in the 992 forum, my opinions would probably defer. My last 911s were 997s as I was not interested in the 991.

A couple comments on your comments:

I guess I need to spend some time in a 911 without the leather dash to see if it is worth the upcharge.

If you select the high-gloss sport design package, it takes out the leather extended package with pinstripes and deviated stitching and replaces it with the checkerboard seats with leather but no deviated stitching. So, it actually reduces the overall price by almost $2k vs. the leather with stitching package, the sport design and sport design side skirts as they are included in the high-gloss package. Doe that make sense? Essentially, picking the high-gloss option changes the interior which ends up being cheaper.

I do find it interesting that you prefer the non-sports design look. I do not need a front plate in my state, thankfully.

Maybe I need to see the sport design and non-sport design side by side to really make up my mind. I do find it interesting that the sport design removes the active cooling flaps. While that does have the benefit of less moving parts and complexity and possibly weight, it also makes me wonder if gas mileage is affected as the purpose of those flaps is to reduce wind resistance when it is not needed.
I had a 991.2 T without the leather dash and ordered my 992 T with the leather dash. I would get it, it's pricey but worth it (I just got the black stitching as the grey didn't do it for me (wasn't contrasting enough), lizard was too wild, and custom was too expensive. There are a lot of snobs out there who won't buy a 911 without it, I don't agree but it does make it feel more special inside and what's another 3% on the price...

Gas mileage for sport design vs. standard is negligible. Note that the Sport design front bumper does hang down a bit lower and adds painted trim lower than the standard bumper. Just a consideration. If I did it over again, I would probably have specced the sport design front bumper only (not the rear).

MaddMike (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 12:46 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

AGREED - skip ventilation unless in a very hot clime!

SD is pretty, but I liked the SD more on the 991. Anyway from a distance , especially in darker colours, the non-SD frontage looks more like a GT frontage than the SD one (see pics below)

This makes no sense?
To me neither?

I agree with Macboy - unless you live in a tight road

PDLS+, I like the look and also have it in my Spyder
A must if you don’t want that ugly white upper part.
Agreed!

Interior inlays in exterior color. Since I picked GT silver, this adds some color to the black interior and should go well with the stripes on the seat. Would not do it with GB or another pigmented color
I think great choice. GT silver is the only exterior color I would also pick this option.
100% agree - I have GT Silver and the inlays look great!

Leather heated wheel, no CF as there is no other CF on this car and I don't really care for it
Also good thinking. Go CF all the way or don’t.
Again - I agree

LCA, on the fence on this one but not too expensive and an added safety precaution
Must option for safety reasons. Should be standard on all cars. Regardless that people should pay attention. People should also not murder.
Not required unless you don't pay attention at the wheel

Bose, I know there are people who say "the only soundtrack you need is your intake and exhaust noise", well, this is a DD and I know the stock system sucks but if anyone got this and has other opinions, I would like to hear it
Nobody has ever said that you should skip Bose. Just skipping on Burmester you read occasionally. Almost everybody choses Bose. Great price/quality. The issue was that Bose was not available. You keep screaming some things without knowing all the details.
A must have, unless you can afford Burmester or don't listen to music. If you use it as a DD the engine noise in stationary traffic ain't nothing special, that's when you turn the latest Stones single to the max

Major options skipped:

FAL. I drive a 718 Spyder today which doesn't have FAL as an option and I'm pretty sure is lower than the T. Seems like added cost, complexity, and weight
Exactly. For most of us not necessary.
Agreed. I have it but will skip on my next T

Ambient lighting, seems a bit silly, maybe in a GTS
Too much money for nothing special. Skip it and you will never miss it.
Agreed

Extended leather dash and steering column, I admit I have this in my Spyder and love it but that car you see a lot more with the roof down and I feel that it is straying a bit too far from the ethos of the T
Extended leather dash on the 992 is throwing away money unlike on the 991. Steering column leather is a must for me personally. Love that stitching there. It cost nothing so just add it.
I like a leather dash - it's standard in the UK and adds to the perception of quality.

Last edited by Barkat03; 09-19-2023 at 12:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Barkat03:
MaddMike (09-19-2023), tourenwagen (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 01:29 PM
bobert75
Racer

Received 735 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03

I agree with Macboy - unless you live in a tight road
You don't need RAS on a tight road - I drove my non-RAS Carrera T on hundreds of hairpin turns on 28 Alpine passes and at no point did I think the car needed a tighter turning radius. I get that some ppl want RAS (I'm not knocking it) - nothing wrong with making an informed choice to select it - but at no point is it necessary.
The following 5 users liked this post by bobert75:
arrivederci (09-20-2023), HerrDr (09-19-2023), Macboy (09-20-2023), Scott P (09-19-2023), Wilder (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 01:32 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,029 Likes on 1,788 Posts

@MaddMike I also didn't spec RAS and bought the car exclusively to drive on twisty canyon roads. Do your homework. If I was going to track the car often, I'd probably spec it but otherwise, it's a pass.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wilder:
HerrDr (09-19-2023), Macboy (09-20-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 01:33 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by bobert75
You don't need RAS on a tight road - I drove my non-RAS Carrera T on hundreds of hairpin turns on 28 Alpine passes and at no point did I think the car needed a tighter turning radius. I get that some ppl want RAS (I'm not knocking it) - nothing wrong with making an informed choice to select it - but at no point is it necessary.

Something important to note about RAS, it doesn't do anything between 31 and 51mph. Below 31mph at points the nose in and above 51 mph it crab walks. It adds undeniable speed on the track if that's what you want, but for me the most analog experience is the best.
The following 6 users liked this post by VarTheVar:
Barkat03 (09-19-2023), BED997 (09-19-2023), HerrDr (09-19-2023), Macboy (09-20-2023), MaddMike (09-19-2023), Wilder (09-19-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-19-2023, 01:46 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 920 Posts

I am considering adding the Front Spoiler Lip in Exterior Color i.c.w. PASM Sport Suspension (Lowered 10mm) for $640 prior to my freeze date which is nearing. Has anyone else added this to their build that they now have possession of? Second thoughts?

With

Without

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club