Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 04:28 PM
Wilsontour
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by couturegirl
I just had the dealer send this over-- is anyone else on this schedule?
Mines has the same V260 (10/30) actual date (10/26) and Production Complete 10/28, 12/18 Houston, 12/25 Dealer Inventory.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:41 PM
Richard V
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

My SA just told me that the date has been pushed back from 11/6 to 11/13. FYI
Old 11-02-2020, 04:45 PM
Drizz
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 97 Posts

Wow, I can’t believe so many people have their ‘21 cars still sitting at the ports. This is almost unbelievable to be sitting for 2 months now with no known end (delivery) in sight. I feel for you guys. I suppose on the bright side it will be that much sweeter when the car finally gets in your hands.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:49 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,659 Likes on 1,251 Posts

I think the key is the Event Name Porsche is calling "Port handling - Administrative hold"

I just got this from my dealer . . . .

Old 11-02-2020, 04:49 PM
Goodhands911
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

This is getting to the point of absurdity. Its not that hard to get approval on a car that is a virtual repeat of last year. I've had so much money tied up in this for months and have an agreement on a trade in in principle that I don't want to drive for fear of lessening the value. If we get these cars in 2020 I'll be surprised
Old 11-02-2020, 04:50 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by inastrangeland
Just don't be surprised if Nov. 6th comes and they set a new date. Has happened several times already. I want the car to be here, just a bit jaded with all the date changes. Dealers only know what PCNA tells them and new info typically doesn't get updated until PCNA sees that they won't get EPA approval in time. Enjoy the review by Savage Geese while you're waiting.
I really hate it when I'm right............. Pass the popcorn.
The following users liked this post:
Knutsm01 (11-02-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 04:57 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,659 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Whatever is going on, Porsche has a serious problem of some sort. I spent my career working for other OEM Car Companies. If we'd had issues anything even remotely like this I can let my imagination run wild as to the sort of challenges ("problems" are called "challenges" in the industry) that must be going on within PNA. I'm just surprised that nothing is popping up in the WSJ or Automotive News. If Porsche all of a sudden has teams being sent to the ports to re-work the cars, I may need to seriously rethink my purchase, 'cause that would be a very bad sign!
The following users liked this post:
Goodhands911 (11-02-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 05:03 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Whatever is going on, Porsche has a serious problem of some sort. I spent my career working for other OEM Car Companies. If we'd had issues anything even remotely like this I can let my imagination run wild as to the sort of challenges ("problems" are called "challenges" in the industry) that must be going on within PNA. I'm just surprised that nothing is popping up in the WSJ or Automotive News. If Porsche all of a sudden has teams being sent to the ports to re-work the cars, I may need to seriously rethink my purchase, 'cause that would be a very bad sign!
If anything, most likely software updates. Not too worried about that. Now the big question................... Will we get our cars for Thanksgiving or Christmas?????????????
Old 11-02-2020, 05:15 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

This will be my first Porsche but honestly unless the experience is nothing but spectacular, it will likely be my last. This whole experience has been terrible. Honestly, I've had better experiences ordering from Ford and Chevrolet.
The following 5 users liked this post by LifesAnesthesia:
Babyray (11-02-2020), Bluehighways (11-02-2020), Goodhands911 (11-02-2020), iamwingman (11-02-2020), Tsmithpc (11-02-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 05:56 PM
Goodhands911
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
This will be my first Porsche but honestly unless the experience is nothing but spectacular, it will likely be my last. This whole experience has been terrible. Honestly, I've had better experiences ordering from Ford and Chevrolet.
kicking myself i had an m8 gran coupe competition with financing sorted ready to pick up and I passed to stick with the porsche. That was after a month ago after 4 months of frustration. Part of me regrets not taking the beamer.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:59 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Not trying to persuade you to not think it's terrible, but I'm curious if the experience is terrible because of the expectations you set or your dealership set or Porsche set. Or if you truly think it's terrible.

For me I was excited about TYD (conceptually), I believed my SA had good information (which was mirrored in TYD, at least early on), and it is, after all, 2020 and supply chain management is (or should be) pretty spot on for large manufacturers like Porsche. Even with COVID-19, things seemed to get back on track pretty quickly in terms of projected and actual dates.

My issues are that TYD is kind of iffy in some regards (e.g., projected dates come and go and TYD gets updated after the fact), I never got the second production line photo (not a huge deal, but the expectation was set by Porsche), and now the car has been sitting at the port for two months. Summed up another way, it's the lack of having my expectations met (some of which I set myself based on trying to get information from this board) that causes any of my disappointment, vs. some sort of terrible experience relative to what Porsche told me (which wasn't a lot, to be honest).

The last time I ordered a Porsche (20+ years ago) there was nothing online, no TYD, no promise of photos, etc. My SA gave me a rough date ("I think it'll show up in late-November/early December") and then as we got close I would call him and he would try to get more precise information. The actual arrival, when it actually happened, still was not expected. Perhaps my SA's way of handling his customers--i.e., maybe he was providing information with a lot of caveats built in that pushed the time out farther than he expected.

And as much as I hate the "well, you know we're in a pandemic" answer for incompetence everywhere, it has had/is having an impact.

I'm trying not to hold my expectations against what Porsche is (not) delivering on, all the while staying excited for what will be a sweet car :-)

The following 2 users liked this post by markchristenson:
inastrangeland (11-02-2020), ryandarr1979 (11-02-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 06:12 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

I'm looking forward to getting the car whenever it shows up. As much as we want to blame it all on Porsche, they are at the mercy of the US Government. I believe Porsche really expected to get things resolved by November but as we all know, **** happens.

Last edited by inastrangeland; 11-02-2020 at 06:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by inastrangeland:
mdrobc1213 (11-03-2020), Russian Mafia (11-02-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 06:13 PM
MVRK
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm not going to be one of the ones threatening my loyalty to the brand over a delay of this nature, and while I haven't been waiting as long as a lot of you, I've also owned Porsches in my past and know the quality and performance is worth it. That being said, the handling of all of this is certainly something of concern, I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of the certification process, but there is no chance regulations have changed notability from last year and as many others have said, the car is for the most part unchanged for the 2020. So WTF is going on at Porsche, because unless the EPA is making up issues for the **** of it, this was either an intentional effort to cheat or idiocy.

All of this aside, a manufacturer under the umbrella of one of the worlds largest Automotive groups, has no excuse for not having someone they send over here to get this bs straightened out in a matter of days, if not hours. For a company that puts so much of its branding efforts into creating the ever-loyal cult of Porsche owners, they clearly couldn't give less of a s*** about keeping their customers informed and happy while waiting on a vehicle. Of everything I've said, the lapse of communication is what truly baffles me the most, because it almost takes a concerted effort to keep customers spending over $100k on a vehicle in the dark like this...
The following 2 users liked this post by MVRK:
Goodhands911 (11-02-2020), iamwingman (11-02-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 06:15 PM
iamwingman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

Np

Last edited by iamwingman; 11-12-2020 at 04:23 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by iamwingman:
markchristenson (11-02-2020), MVRK (11-02-2020), tfcoll (11-02-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 06:28 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
Not trying to persuade you to not think it's terrible, but I'm curious if the experience is terrible because of the expectations you set or your dealership set or Porsche set. Or if you truly think it's terrible.

For me I was excited about TYD (conceptually), I believed my SA had good information (which was mirrored in TYD, at least early on), and it is, after all, 2020 and supply chain management is (or should be) pretty spot on for large manufacturers like Porsche. Even with COVID-19, things seemed to get back on track pretty quickly in terms of projected and actual dates.

My issues are that TYD is kind of iffy in some regards (e.g., projected dates come and go and TYD gets updated after the fact), I never got the second production line photo (not a huge deal, but the expectation was set by Porsche), and now the car has been sitting at the port for two months. Summed up another way, it's the lack of having my expectations met (some of which I set myself based on trying to get information from this board) that causes any of my disappointment, vs. some sort of terrible experience relative to what Porsche told me (which wasn't a lot, to be honest).

The last time I ordered a Porsche (20+ years ago) there was nothing online, no TYD, no promise of photos, etc. My SA gave me a rough date ("I think it'll show up in late-November/early December") and then as we got close I would call him and he would try to get more precise information. The actual arrival, when it actually happened, still was not expected. Perhaps my SA's way of handling his customers--i.e., maybe he was providing information with a lot of caveats built in that pushed the time out farther than he expected.

And as much as I hate the "well, you know we're in a pandemic" answer for incompetence everywhere, it has had/is having an impact.

I'm trying not to hold my expectations against what Porsche is (not) delivering on, all the while staying excited for what will be a sweet car :-)
I truly think the experience is lacking. TYD is a joke - it's barely accurate and photos rarely show up. SA knows nothing. No communication as to what's going on with constant delays with no end in sight. Likely no compensation for going through this.

Biggest thing for me is transparency. If Porsche were transparent as to what's going on, it would make all the difference.
The following 3 users liked this post by LifesAnesthesia:
markchristenson (11-02-2020), MVRK (11-02-2020), Wilsontour (11-02-2020)

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?