Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 11:44 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

Ha, yea something like that. These other posts referring to cars being held at port awaiting emission certification for a month have me a little worried. Maybe it will get resolved by the end of September. Not sure why the big deposit, at least they know I won't back out.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:53 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,659 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyray
Ha, yea something like that. These other posts referring to cars being held at port awaiting emission certification for a month have me a little worried. Maybe it will get resolved by the end of September. Not sure why the big deposit, at least they know I won't back out.
Not that you're thinking of asking for your deposit back. Just an FYI; if your "Western Sierra" location is in California, and your dealer is also in California, they can not hold your deposit without your continuing permission. If/when you ask for it back (an email works just fine), by state law, they must return it to you. It doesn't matter what you promised or what they say or what you signed.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:05 AM
Babyray
Instructor

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info. I'm following through with my end of the deal as long as they follow through with theirs. They seem like they will.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:12 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Update; Received an email this morning from the Dealership stating that my U014 to Port Benicia had been moved 12 days sooner than originally stated to 11/1. Happy about that, hopefully goes as planned.
The following users liked this post:
markchristenson (09-10-2020)
Old 09-10-2020, 02:52 PM
smjr
Intermediate

Received 78 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Not that you're thinking of asking for your deposit back. Just an FYI; if your "Western Sierra" location is in California, and your dealer is also in California, they can not hold your deposit without your continuing permission. If/when you ask for it back (an email works just fine), by state law, they must return it to you. It doesn't matter what you promised or what they say or what you signed.
Porsche DTLA wants $3,800 non refundable deposit for order in June and delivery in 1/21 which i did not agree to, finally found a out of state dealer with a $2,500 refundable deposit and a better price, ordered in July and delivery in December and i can pick up my car at Pec La
Old 09-10-2020, 02:56 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by smjr
Porsche DTLA wants $3,800 non refundable deposit for order in June and delivery in 1/21 which i did not agree to, finally found a out of state dealer with a $2,500 refundable deposit and a better price, ordered in July and delivery in December and i can pick up my car at Pec La
Weird, given that deposits must be returnable in California. Great that you found an alternative!
The following users liked this post:
smjr (09-10-2020)
Old 09-10-2020, 08:10 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Not exactly sure why my dealership required a 12000.00 deposit. In May when I decided I definitely was going for a new car I reached out to three other dealerships and got a run around. They either couldn't order a new one, trying to sell me one on their lot, or didn't return my email or calls having sent them the configuration . I ended up driving four hours from my home, gave them my cash , never gave it a second thought. Still wondering why the other dealerships weren't interested in working with me. This is my first Porsche purchase , but definitely not the first vehicle. Honestly I was a little surprised about their lack of enthusiasm over a 100,000.00 + sale no matter what it is your selling.

Old 09-10-2020, 08:13 PM
LASDSGT770
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 193 Posts

We were at our dealer when this arrived...First one they pulled off was a Lava Orange 992 with Aerokit. We thought it was ours which would have been super, but it was a 2020 and it did not have the Black Aerokit which we ordered. First 992 w/Aerokit we had seen in person, we love it. Find out it is a customer order, but they decided not to take delivery as they had ordered it prior to Covid...Apparently it was on the same ship G. Poseidon as ours, but the 2021's will not be released till 09/30.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:14 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyray
Not exactly sure why my dealership required a 12000.00 deposit. In May when I decided I definitely was going for a new car I reached out to three other dealerships and got a run around. They either couldn't order a new one, trying to sell me one on their lot, or didn't return my email or calls having sent them the configuration . I ended up driving four hours from my home, gave them my cash , never gave it a second thought. Still wondering why the other dealerships weren't interested in working with me. This is my first Porsche purchase , but definitely not the first vehicle. Honestly I was a little surprised about their lack of enthusiasm over a 100,000.00 + sale no matter what it is your selling.
Most likely the other dealers didn't have any allocations. My dealer only got 1 C2S allocation in May, mine. If they don't have one, why go through the process with someone knowing you'll have to beg one from another dealer. Porsche really reduced the allocations for this year on the 2021 models.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:20 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by LASDSGT770
We were at our dealer when this arrived...First one they pulled off was a Lava Orange 992 with Aerokit. We thought it was ours which would have been super, but it was a 2020 and it did not have the Black Aerokit which we ordered. First 992 w/Aerokit we had seen in person, we love it. Find out it is a customer order, but they decided not to take delivery as they had ordered it prior to Covid...Apparently it was on the same ship G. Poseidon as ours, but the 2021's will not be released till 09/30.
As I was reading I was hoping for "and it was ours!" but alas...

So lame about the 9/30 date. So, so lame.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:04 PM
LASDSGT770
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by markchristenson
As I was reading I was hoping for "and it was ours!" but alas...

So lame about the 9/30 date. So, so lame.
Yes it is...our SM advised us he had just finished a meeting with the SC Porsche Rep whose 992 was in the parking lot identified by the Manufacturer's plate. He asked for us about the EPA...status quo...no new information...
Old 09-11-2020, 10:01 AM
Mjchernis
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Just got an email from the business manager at my dealer...up until yesterday they were saying they would be able to deliver next week. Here is their new line:

"The car has arrived at port but is on Administrative hold until 09/30 as Porsche is waiting until the end of the month to release the 2021`s."

Administrative hold! How ridiculous. Adding insult to injury they told me I need to trade in my old 911 next week or they can't guarantee the trade value they agreed to already..
Old 09-11-2020, 11:51 AM
Babyray
Instructor

Originally Posted by inastrangeland
Most likely the other dealers didn't have any allocations. My dealer only got 1 C2S allocation in May, mine. If they don't have one, why go through the process with someone knowing you'll have to beg one from another dealer. Porsche really reduced the allocations for this year on the 2021 models.
I think that was probably the case. I guess that's one way to maintain resale values on pre-owned 911's or help dealers reduce their inventory.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Mjchernis
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

A bunch of us have brand new cars parked waiting to get emissions approval before they can be delivered. My dealer is now telling me it will likely be mid October before I get the car meaning it will have been parked, outside, for almost two months before it is delivered. Is it reasonable for us to ask the dealers for any special preparation on the cars before they are delivered to us? Should we ask them to replace the tires (which may have permanently flat-spotted) or batteries that have probably died completely on the lot?

Don't want to be unfair but it is not great for a car to sit in storage, outside, for two months. Thoughts?
Old 09-12-2020, 04:59 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

where did they get middle of October from
Originally Posted by Mjchernis
A bunch of us have brand new cars parked waiting to get emissions approval before they can be delivered. My dealer is now telling me it will likely be mid October before I get the car meaning it will have been parked, outside, for almost two months before it is delivered. Is it reasonable for us to ask the dealers for any special preparation on the cars before they are delivered to us? Should we ask them to replace the tires (which may have permanently flat-spotted) or batteries that have probably died completely on the lot?

Don't want to be unfair but it is not great for a car to sit in storage, outside, for two months. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?