Sponsored by:

2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 11:32 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
My SA contacted me late today and said the car would be there this week - I said, do you know something I do not and he said yes. Now, who the hell knows but I am finally hopeful.
As in you can pick it up and drive it away this week?
Old 11-02-2020, 11:58 PM
MVRK
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Faded9
My estimated delivery on TYD just changed to 11/13 from 11/6. They also marked Port Processing compete today after sitting over a month in San Diego.
The second part of this really intrigues me...if port processing is actually done, could that mean release for all vehicles or do you still see an admin hold in place?
Old 11-03-2020, 12:06 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,659 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by MVRK
The second part of this really intrigues me...if port processing is actually done, could that mean release for all vehicles or do you still see an admin hold in place?
Mine shows on the Dealers print out, that it's on Administrative Hold. That and the November 13th delivery date (as opposed to the 6th) are both new, as of today.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:20 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by inastrangeland
I'm looking forward to getting the car whenever it shows up. As much as we want to blame it all on Porsche, they are at the mercy of the US Government. I believe Porsche really expected to get things resolved by November but as we all know, **** happens.
Bingo...when it arrives; will pay for it and drive it. Agree it would be better for transparency but again these are not normal times folks. Pandemic, election with fears or violence on either side if they don't like the outcome. Many large areas are boarding up due to that. Could be Porsche NA made a decision to push things back to protect their inventory and those of transporters due to that out of caution. Can see how pissed some of you would be to know your vehicle was released on 6 Nov and put on a truck after a 2-3-4 mo wait at port only to have it damaged or destroyed due to some unforeseen domestic disturbance. Have heard reports of quite a few business shutting or slowing business on 4-5-6 Nov just as a precaution...Federal govt might be one of them. Add the pandemic which is worsening in many states including those with ports and who's workers must come in and do PDI's... Point here is guys...there may be things at play we are unaware of and decisions made for larger reasons...these are not normal times...thus I am disappointed but not crushed at the delay of a non-essential and luxury item to my garage. First world problem to be honest when many are have a VERY BAD year personally and professionally....just saying.
Originally Posted by Faded9
My estimated delivery on TYD just changed to 11/13 from 11/6. They also marked Port Processing compete today after sitting over a month in San Diego.
Mine too updated to 11/13...in TYD too.
Originally Posted by Vintage72
My SA contacted me late today and said the car would be there this week - I said, do you know something I do not and he said yes. Now, who the hell knows but I am finally hopeful.
Sounds like a man to trust....maybe! LOL
Originally Posted by markchristenson
FWIW, the on sale date of 11/13 suggests a delivery-to-me-date of 11/20.
Yeah my SA had a 11/6 release getting to the dealership on 11/19 or 11/26 depending on shipping....my vote is a Black Friday car....but still they need to register it in my home state so maybe even an early Xmas present before pickup. My B-day is in early Dec so I'll take that as a present to myself also!

One thing that I am watching also is Cars.com and Auto-trader as frequently even for ordered/sold cars in the past I have seen [also with other manufacturers] that inbound cars once prepped for release/sale/shipment do show up on these sites as new available cars while in transit. Last weekend there were only 20 FY21 992's listed on CARS.COM...tonight 88 FY 21 992s all without pics showing but listing as "coming soon" for many of the listings. So someone is being told something...VINs are also on the listings so IF you find your specific dealership you MAY find your car. This is also how I knew my trade had been sold as I saw it appear then "disappear" from both Cars.com and the dealership's own website. Remember many dealers also post customer cars on their websites too as a means to draw in traffic/interest even though they know they are not technically available. So yes I am spying those areas too in order to gain a bit of of intel...IMHO it may be work it and keeps me from pestering my SA.

Otherwise the car comes when it comes! Dealer already has my trade and paid me for it and am glad I took that pre-trade option as didn't see much increase in value between July and Dec when the car originally was estimated to be delivered to me by my SA when I placed my order.

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 11-03-2020 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:17 AM
MVRK
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Bingo...when it arrives; will pay for it and drive it. Agree it would be better for transparency but again these are not normal times folks. Pandemic, election with fears or violence on either side if they don't like the outcome. Many large areas are boarding up due to that. Could be Porsche NA made a decision to push things back to protect their inventory and those of transporters due to that out of caution. Can see how pissed some of you would be to know your vehicle was released on 6 Nov and put on a truck after a 2-3-4 mo wait at port only to have it damaged or destroyed due to some unforeseen domestic disturbance. Have heard reports of quite a few business shutting or slowing business on 4-5-6 Nov just as a precaution...Federal govt might be one of them. Add the pandemic which is worsening in many states including those with ports and who's workers must come in and do PDI's... Point here is guys...there may be things at play we are unaware of and decisions made for larger reasons...these are not normal times...thus I am disappointed but not crushed at the delay of a non-essential and luxury item to my garage. First world problem to be honest when many are have a VERY BAD year personally and professionally....just saying.

Mine too updated to 11/13...in TYD too.

Sounds like a man to trust....maybe! LOL

Yeah my SA had a 11/6 release getting to the dealership on 11/19 or 11/26 depending on shipping....my vote is a Black Friday car....but still they need to register it in my home state so maybe even an early Xmas present before pickup. My B-day is in early Dec so I'll take that as a present to myself also!

One thing that I am watching also is Cars.com and Auto-trader as frequently even for ordered/sold cars in the past I have seen [also with other manufacturers] that inbound cars once prepped for release/sale/shipment do show up on these sites as new available cars while in transit. Last weekend there were only 20 FY21 992's listed on CARS.COM...tonight 88 FY 21 992s all without pics showing but listing as "coming soon" for many of the listings. So someone is being told something...VINs are also on the listings so IF you find your specific dealership you MAY find your car. This is also how I knew my trade had been sold as I saw it appear then "disappear" from both Cars.com and the dealership's own website. Remember many dealers also post customer cars on their websites too as a means to draw in traffic/interest even though they know they are not technically available. So yes I am spying those areas too in order to gain a bit of of intel...IMHO it may be work it and keeps me from pestering my SA.

Otherwise the car comes when it comes! Dealer already has my trade and paid me for it and am glad I took that pre-trade option as didn't see much increase in value between July and Dec when the car originally was estimated to be delivered to me by my SA when I placed my order.
LOL an 11/6 release equates to a 11/26 delivery with an early Christmas registration? Where TF do you live, in the middle of Death Valley? Shipping doesn’t take 3 weeks from Florida to California (trust me I’ve run some Automotive buyers rep agencies), and port access should be closer than that...plus registration takes literally no time if your dealer is half competent...Theres a huge difference between being realistically patient and flippant with far from accurate expectations that could likely freaking some people out, so I’ll just say for most people in this thread: always ask you SA but most will have their cars around a week to a week and a half after release...And if you’re near a port like me, 7 days is certainly feasible.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:25 AM
photonscience
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 46 Posts

My TYD hasn't changed - en-route to dealership 11/06; arrival 11/13. This is also the information that my SA has (as of 11/2).

Last edited by photonscience; 11-03-2020 at 09:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MVRK (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 08:45 AM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

he expects it at the dealership this week - IF that is true, I am sure it will be Friday or Saturday
MVRK (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 10:05 AM
TheStanman
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Well when the bride leaves you waiting at the alter for 3+ months, it's hard having a solid marriage.

Hey, I know I'm gonna love the car, but Porsche really crapped the bed with this one.
Its a pretty common occurrence anytime you custom order a brand new model year across all manufacturers. Certification delays are always a crapshoot, and I haven't seen others manufacturers have better communication. My guess is because they don't know either.

If it's really important to someone, I recommend ordering a few months into the MY production.
mdrobc1213 (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 11:03 AM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Originally Posted by TheStanman
Its a pretty common occurrence anytime you custom order a brand new model year across all manufacturers. Certification delays are always a crapshoot, and I haven't seen others manufacturers have better communication. My guess is because they don't know either.

If it's really important to someone, I recommend ordering a few months into the MY production.
Riiiiight. I've ordered new MY cars and never had issues like this.

I get there are going to be die hard loyalists out there and that's fine. You're not really going to change my mind that this situation has been handled horrendously.
Mjchernis (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 11:15 AM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by photonscience
My TYD hasn't changed - en-route to dealership 11/06; arrival 11/13. This is also the information that my SA has (as of 11/2).
Yep, checked this morning and my dates have not changed. Completed Port Processing on 10/7, Enroute to Dealer on 11/6, Delivery on 11/13, Same as it's been for a month.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:51 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

My dates haven’t changed in TYD either (11/6 “on sale” and 11/13 “delivery at dealer”) but given my SA gave me an update I’m assuming I’d get my car sometime during the week of the 16th at the earliest.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:03 PM
Johnboston
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by photonscience
My TYD has also not changed and reports the same dates as photonscience. If I’m remembering correctly, my car and photonscience’s car were on the same ship and arrived in Davisville at the same time in late September or early October. Not sure how/why being on same ship/same port may be relevant for these purposes and it may be meaningless or coincidence, but I thought I would share the info.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:55 PM
TheStanman
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 99 Posts

I get there are going to be die hard loyalists out there and that's fine. You're not really going to change my mind that this situation has been handled horrendously.
Why would you anchor on your handful of experiences and ignore than countless times this happens? When it happens to Mercedes or BMW, do they handle it any differently? 2018 E63 sat 6 months at port. Happened again for 2019. F90 M5 sat for 6 weeks. X7 was delayed. It's always the same exact story - OEM doesn't know when certification will come, consumers get mad.

I get we all want more transparency (including Porsche). But I'm not sure what pretending things are different now accomplishes other than more frustration.

These threads will give you deja vu:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...ml#post7262404

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...busa-crap.html

​​​​​​https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1634195
​​​

Last edited by TheStanman; 11-03-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 01:26 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Here is the real question: is there anything, at this point, that will turn you from a complainer to a happy client? Are you going to gripe about this long after taking delivery? Will it always leave a sour taste in your mouth?

If so, I would move on. This is not a dig, just a suggestion - if you don't think you can end up a happy camper, this is a lot of money for something that is going to remind you of how unhappy the start was for you. No one should spend that much on something that doesn't leave them with a smile on their face.
Old 11-03-2020, 01:52 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Originally Posted by TheStanman
Why would you anchor on your handful of experiences and ignore than countless times this happens? When it happens to Mercedes or BMW, do they handle it any differently? 2018 E63 sat 6 months at port. Happened again for 2019. F90 M5 sat for 6 weeks. X7 was delayed. It's always the same exact story - OEM doesn't know when certification will come, consumers get mad.

I get we all want more transparency (including Porsche). But I'm not sure what pretending things are different now accomplishes other than more frustration.

These threads will give you deja vu:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...ml#post7262404

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...busa-crap.html

​​​​​​https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1634195
​​​
Why do you anchor your opinion on the few examples you've just given? Are you not doing the same thing as me? At least my opinion is based off of personal experienice.

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?