2021 Delivery Date?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 11:14 AM
comis_hq
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dgtarga
"Asking for a friend...."

Pretty sure about this - If/when you purchase from a dealership that is not in your state of primary residence, the vehicle is still titled, registered, and plated in the state of primary residence (state that issued your driver's license). At the time of purchase, you also pay the sales tax rate, etc of your state of primary residence to that state. So, if your primary residence is in a CARB state, you cannot get around it because you don't have an option to register/plate your vehicle in a state other than your state of primary residence. I've purchased a couple of Porsches in South Carolina (second home) and all of the above was done through Michigan (primary residence) by the dealership. Did not have the option to do otherwise.
Yeah, having to carry out of state license plate around is kinda embarrassing too...

Thanks!

Old 11-26-2020, 11:57 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Am I reading this correctly—if the car is going to a non-CARB state then it can be released, even if originally bought from a dealer in a CARB state?
Old 11-26-2020, 12:10 PM
Babyray
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
Am I reading this correctly—if the car is going to a non-CARB state then it can be released, even if originally bought from a dealer in a CARB state?
Makes a lot of sense doesn’t it? Almost as much as holding the exact same car in Port for an additional however long they decide.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:13 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
If you are referring to my recent post about state of primary residence, it doesn't address this question. Don't know the answer to that.... but it would make sense. The regulations should apply to the state of operation of the vehicle, and not the state where the transaction occurred. Dealer should be able to answer that.
The following users liked this post:
markchristenson (11-27-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 12:16 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

Pretty sure about this - If/when you purchase from a dealership that is not in your state of primary residence, the vehicle is still titled, registered, and plated in the state of primSo it may be different among states. ary residence (state that issued your driver's license). At the time of purchase, you also pay the sales tax rate, etc of your state of primary residence to that state. So, if your primary residence is in a CARB state, you cannot get around it because you don't have an option to register/plate your vehicle in a state other than your state of primary residence. I've purchased a couple of Porsches in South Carolina (second home) and all of the above was done through Michigan (primary residence) by the dealership. Did not have the option to do otherwise.
I registered a truck in Idaho where my secondary residence is located and another vehicle in Utah where my primary is located. Both states were ok with it as long as I had a residence in the states where I was registering. But then my Southern California dealer didn't collect sales tax on one of those purchases, I paid them when I registered in Utah. So these things could vary from state to state and even from dealer to dealer.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:33 PM
Jeremy66
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My 2021 992 911 C4S has been sitting at the Rhode Island port since September 30, 2020. My dealer originally (May) said I had a 2020 model year slot, then informed me otherwise in August. I have been given several November delivery dates...all past. None of the theories presented seem right to me. This is my 6th 911...and vry definitely the last. PCNA simply sucks.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jeremy66:
Babyray (11-26-2020), mr965 (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 01:41 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

Yes, my TYD is indicating Viking Bravery on Dec 18th to San Diego.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:44 PM
gymdent
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy66
My 2021 992 911 C4S has been sitting at the Rhode Island port since September 30, 2020. My dealer originally (May) said I had a 2020 model year slot, then informed me otherwise in August. I have been given several November delivery dates...all past. None of the theories presented seem right to me. This is my 6th 911...and vry definitely the last. PCNA simply sucks.
Where do you live? My 2021 C2S was supposed to be delivered early October after having pre-traded my 2017 C2 in July. My dealer, Porsche of Amityville, appears to have no more info than we do as to when this will end. I sent an email voicing my displeasure and asking for some "relief". I have yet to hear back.

For what it's worth, my TYD still says 11/20 arrival date at dealer!

Last edited by gymdent; 11-26-2020 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:10 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
When did you get this update, today?
Old 11-26-2020, 02:22 PM
LASDSGT770
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
Viking Bravery is moving into port at Emden right now...May be loading today or tomorrow...May go to Bremerhaven to pick up BMW's before heading across the Atlantic...
Old 11-26-2020, 02:25 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by LASDSGT770
Viking Bravery is moving into port at Emden right now...May be loading today or tomorrow...May go to Bremerhaven to pick up BMW's before heading across the Atlantic...
And Siem Cicero at Emden tomorrow with Bishu Highway on Sunday...
Old 11-26-2020, 03:45 PM
Jeremy66
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in NYC. My 2017 lease ended in July too, but I extended 4 months and turned it in last week,,,now car-less. PCNA has told me squat ("port handling issues"). Manhattan MC says the delay is emissions certification, as have several other above have noted, but I don't fully buy it. I believe Porsche has ulterior motives; if it was really EPA stuff why would Atlanta not say so (vs. the dealer)? If I hadn't already purchased a 19/20" set of winter wheels and snow tires I'd walk. My guess is no delivery prior to 2021, after the January auto shows.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:49 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by gohawks23
When did you get this update, today?
It just showed today on TYD

Last edited by Muhney; 11-26-2020 at 03:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gohawks23 (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 03:50 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy66
I'm in NYC. My 2017 lease ended in July too, but I extended 4 months and turned it in last week,,,now car-less. PCNA has told me squat ("port handling issues"). Manhattan MC says the delay is emissions certification, as have several other above have noted, but I don't fully buy it. I believe Porsche has ulterior motives; if it was really EPA stuff why would Atlanta not say so (vs. the dealer)? If I hadn't already purchased a 19/20" set of winter wheels and snow tires I'd walk. My guess is no delivery prior to 2021, after the January auto shows.
So it's only CARB states that are still on hold at the port, but it's something other than CARB certification? Can't imagine what that might be.......
Old 11-26-2020, 04:03 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

Pretty sure about this - If/when you purchase from a dealership that is not in your state of primary residence, the vehicle is still titled, registered, and plated in the state of primary residence (state that issued your driver's license). At the time of purchase, you also pay the sales tax rate, etc of your state of primary residence to that state. So, if your primary residence is in a CARB state, you cannot get around it because you don't have an option to register/plate your vehicle in a state other than your state of primary residence. I've purchased a couple of Porsches in South Carolina (second home) and all of the above was done through Michigan (primary residence) by the dealership. Did not have the option to do otherwise.
Some states allow you to set up an LLC that holds title to your car. If that state doesn't have a sales tax, then you don't pay a sales tax. Montana is such a state and there are law firms that specialize in these types of transactions. Some states such as CA want you to pay the use tax (ie, same rate as sales tax) if you bring the car into the state. If you keep it out of CA for two years, then you can bring it in and you don't have to pay the use tax.

Quick Reply: 2021 Delivery Date?