Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gpman25
Good suggestion, I was on the fence about that. Here is the new build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMMLMEA4
Very nice! Beautiful.
Old 03-28-2021 | 02:02 PM
GenX50
6th Gear

Hello all. Does anyone know what colour this Targa is? Is it Oak Green Metallic or PTS? Thanks.

Old 03-28-2021 | 03:09 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GenX50
Hello all. Does anyone know what colour this Targa is? Is it Oak Green Metallic or PTS? Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ3Jzf6QaHs
Looks like PTS Oak Green Metallic
The following users liked this post:
GenX50 (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021 | 03:29 PM
djlynch
Pro

My T4S build http://www.porsche-code.com/PM3KRJT4
I know it’s loaded but I do not like regrets later. I have most of these options on my 2016 build Boxster Spyder.
Old 03-28-2021 | 03:30 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr. G
Has anyone driven the Targa with and without PDCC?
I don’t think many people have driven a 992 Targa of any stripe, much less one with and without PDCC.

Old 03-28-2021 | 05:12 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by djlynch
I know it’s loaded but I do not like regrets later. I have most of these options on my 2016 build Boxster Spyder.
Very nice build - beautiful looking Targa. I have most of those options on mine (plus a few more...). Unless you really want the leather pouch for your key, you can save quite a bit of money doing that yourself. Porsche OEMs on Suncoast cost a little over $100. Can get much cheaper ones elsewhere, but I have no experience with those. I see the rationale for the black/silver wheel center caps, but I always like the look of the colored ones - pretty minor point. Many will argue against PDCC/RAS - I have them on mine (had them as standard on a 991.2 TTS and loved the handling so put them on my Targa). Haven't driven a Targa without them, but I have no regrets. Of course the LED Matrix lights are not fully functional in the US - they look awesome and hopefully NTSB will get off their butts and give the technology their final approval soon.
Old 03-28-2021 | 05:25 PM
djlynch
Pro

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Very nice build - beautiful looking Targa. I have most of those options on mine (plus a few more...). Unless you really want the leather pouch for your key, you can save quite a bit of money doing that yourself. Porsche OEMs on Suncoast cost a little over $100. Can get much cheaper ones elsewhere, but I have no experience with those. I see the rationale for the black/silver wheel center caps, but I always like the look of the colored ones - pretty minor point. Many will argue against PDCC/RAS - I have them on mine (had them as standard on a 991.2 TTS and loved the handling so put them on my Targa). Haven't driven a Targa without them, but I have no regrets. Of course the LED Matrix lights are not fully functional in the US - they look awesome and hopefully NTSB will get off their butts and give the technology their final approval soon.
mm

thanks what options am I missing ? I really appreciate your review

Last edited by djlynch; 03-28-2021 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-28-2021 | 06:36 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

mm

thanks what options am I missing ? I really appreciate your review
The only things of much substance that I went with that you don't have are the sport design package/sport design side skirts and the GT sport steering wheel. I like the feel of the smaller wheel, but the trade off is more of the outside gauges are cut off from view. Not a huge deal to me - don't really use the info that's there. The sport design package is purely personal preference - my strong preference is the look of the front end. I did not go with PCCB - unless you're going to be tracking your car the performance is not needed. Main benefit is less brake dust, but that's an expensive option for keeping wheels cleaner. I had a few other minor things if you're interested - build code was PM3UHLX0.
Old 03-28-2021 | 07:10 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Tasteful build. I like it.

I am a big PCCB fan. Beyond brake dust and performance -- they just look awesome. At your price point, I think they are a must have. Yellow calipers would work too.

Personally, I'd go Jet black Metallic over plain black -- mostly for practical reasons. JBM is easier to maintain with less obvious swirling.

I'd consider leather backs to your seats (which would require Sport plus 4 way). With a Targa, the back of the seats are much more visible and the leather backs dress it up a bit..

I'd also consider leather wrapped steering column. It's a small thing, but stands out.

Nicely done with illuminated sills. A lot of people skip this, but it is a nice finishing touch and virtually impossible to retrofit.

I prefer the non-GT wheel. It feels better in the hand and gauge visibility is superior.

With a black car -- it would be worth considering something other than black for the interior. Just for some nice contrast since this is a semi-open top.

Old 03-28-2021 | 07:24 PM
djlynch
Pro

Originally Posted by rk-d

I am a big PCCB fan. Beyond brake dust and performance -- they just look awesome. At your price point, I think they are a must have. Yellow calipers would work too.

Personally, I'd go Jet black Metallic over plain black -- mostly for practical reasons. JBM is easier to maintain with less obvious swirling.

I'd consider leather backs to your seats (which would require Sport plus 4 way). With a Targa, the back of the seats are much more visible and the leather backs dress it up a bit..

I'd also consider leather wrapped steering column. It's a small thing, but stands out.

Nicely done with illuminated sills. A lot of people skip this, but it is a nice finishing touch and virtually impossible to retrofit.

I prefer the non-GT wheel. It feels better in the hand and gauge visibility is superior.

With a black car -- it would be worth considering something other than black for the interior. Just for some nice contrast since this is a semi-open top.
thank you for your feedback. I like the idea of adding leather to seat backs and steering column. I have yellow pccb on my spyder just want something different this time. I prefer black non metallic but I understand it’s harder to keep clean. Thanks again!

Last edited by djlynch; 03-28-2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-28-2021 | 07:48 PM
djlynch
Pro

Just changed to the Sport Tek center inlay seatshttp://www.porsche-code.com/PM9CY392
Old 03-28-2021 | 08:49 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Just changed to the Sport Tek center inlay seatshttp://www.porsche-code.com/PM9CY392
Nice - I think you've got the spec pretty dialed in. Personally, I think it's worth sacrificing Burmester to get the interior looking right. I like the idea of upgraded hifi, but in a 911 I really would only spec it if the car was 100% and I just had some money to burn. On my TTS build, I'm skipping it too.
Old 03-28-2021 | 08:52 PM
djlynch
Pro

Nice - I think you've got the spec pretty dialed in. Personally, I think it's worth sacrificing Burmester to get the interior looking right. I like the idea of upgraded hifi, but in a 911 I really would only spec it if the car was 100% and I just had some money to burn. On my TTS build, I'm skipping it too.
thanks! Yes I have the Burmester in my spyder really enjoy it
Old 03-28-2021 | 08:58 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

thanks! Yes I have the Burmester in my spyder really enjoy it
Agree. I have the Burmester in my Targa. Many think it's a waste, but I really enjoy it. Had the typical Bose setup in my previous C4S and TTS, which was good but despite the naysayers, I find the Burmester to be a very noticeable step up. Your build is looking very nice - when does it lock and what's your anticipated delivery date?
Old 03-28-2021 | 09:00 PM
djlynch
Pro

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Agree. I have the Burmester in my Targa. Many think it's a waste, but I really enjoy it. Had the typical Bose setup in my previous C4S and TTS, which was good but despite the naysayers, I find the Burmester to be a very noticeable step up. Your build is looking very nice - when does it lock and what's your anticipated delivery date?
Im not exactly certain of lock or delivery as it may be a 2022. My dealer doing me a favor on this one so I’m just sitting back relaxing. I really notice difference on Burmester too. Probably this summer delivery. I have the Bose in my cayenne GTS which I bought used and the Burmester is superior period.

Last edited by djlynch; 03-28-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Quick Reply: 992 targa allocations and build advice