992 targa allocations and build advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 09:09 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
Home link is operated from the PCM now.
Yep, and I hate it, but that’s another thread..lol.
The following users liked this post:
Muhney (02-25-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 09:19 PM
mobilis
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Yep, and I hate it, but that’s another thread..lol.
i hate it more. At one point during the programming, it somehow managed to reset my entire garage programming including the ability to open the garage bays using the keypad as well as the homelink in my other cars.

Last edited by mobilis; 02-18-2021 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:45 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by mobilis
i hate it more. At one point during the programming, it somehow managed to reset my entire garage programming including the ability to open the garage bays using the keypad as well as the homelink in my other cars.
That is unusual and I'm guessing something you accidentally did outside of the car and at the main HomeLink unit in the garage. Modern car HomeLink programming, like in the 992, should be pretty easy.

The issues we are all reporting about HomeLink are with the PCS integration and relying upon GPS to show the button at the right time. The HomeLink signal is not at issue, but triggering it is.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:55 PM
mobilis
Rennlist Member

Perhaps ... but the car did go in for PCM reset & update because this was one of many weird things it was doing (including locking the doors with the key inside)
Old 02-19-2021, 01:03 PM
ipaneda
Cruisin'

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Stunning!
Is it night or gentian blue? And your interior?
Just placed my order and going for the same outside configuration (night blue) but struggling with the interior. Thinking of slate/chalk but truffle could be quite elegant.
Thanks
Old 02-19-2021, 01:39 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,275 Likes on 645 Posts

I'm on the list for a targa 4s... was told i'm number 3 right now but at a dealership that has no loyalty to me so we'll see how long it actually takes. Not sure I believe them. If it pushes long enough I may ask to swap it to get in line for a Targa GTS. I don't really care for centerlocks but the lower ride height looks amazing on targas and I've never been a fan of modding suspension to drop a regular targa. Maybe somebody knows from the 991.2 GTS. Could you order other wheels on it? I also want silver roll bar vs black.
Old 02-19-2021, 02:44 PM
mobilis
Rennlist Member

@ipaneda I have a gentian blue and slate gray with all leather chalk deviated stitching. It is a stunning combination IMO - also gets a lot of compliments when I have it out. The other two options I thought of was Truffle (but i think Night exterior would complement it better) and slate/chalk.
Old 02-19-2021, 03:10 PM
ipaneda
Cruisin'

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mobilis
@ipaneda I have a gentian blue and slate gray with all leather chalk deviated stitching. It is a stunning combination IMO - also gets a lot of compliments when I have it out. The other two options I thought of was Truffle (but i think Night exterior would complement it better) and slate/chalk.
thanks for that! Your combination sounds great. Will look into it. Thought long and hard about gentian, but I think it is for a younger guy... i am in my 50’s and night blue seems more appropriate somehow. I would have never thought about night and truffle, but I have seen one and it is stunning. I think that is where I am headed. On top of it, I have truffle in my Panamera (with Vulcan gray) and I love it still after three years!
Old 02-19-2021, 07:36 PM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 477 Likes on 174 Posts

Loving the BRG on the pic above, Mine is one order now, BRG over Truffle brown with chalk sticking.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:46 PM
jrseltzer
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Build freeze nearing and have decided to change from Agate Grey to GR ( last 4 vehicles have been grey/black) with these options: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMLBM7F7. Any feedback welcome. Still not sure...
Old 02-25-2021, 04:51 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrseltzer
Build freeze nearing and have decided to change from Agate Grey to GR ( last 4 vehicles have been grey/black) with these options: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMLBM7F7. Any feedback welcome. Still not sure...
Looks like a friggin awesome build to me!
jrseltzer (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 05:32 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

Car looks great. Just a couple things.
1.) I wish I would have ordered the aluminum shifter. The black plastic one looks cheap and many have complained it cracks.
2.) the Sports exterior pkg looks unfinished without the side skirts. I'm very happy with mine.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:40 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Personally I would skip the sports package exterior-- not a big enough improvement for $6500. Use the money for red instrument dials, and red seat belts, with column in leather maybe add leather sunvisors. Also what about the performance package- that gives you a lot of the items you added individually? Carbon fiber outside mirrors- seems over priced. HAve the regular black bottom wrapped in carbon fiber film. I am going to do that to the mirrors and have all the gloss black shift panels wrapped in carbon fiber film also. My buddy used that film on the black plastic pieces in his engine compartment on his c8 and it looks great. No one can tell it isn't real carbon fiber.Might wrap other black plastic body panels also in the carbon fiber film. The real carbon fiber is not adding any performance benefits anyway--

Adaptive cruise control is nice -- also --

not a fan of the black rollbar--kind of kills the look of the targa bar especially if you tint the windows.

painted center caps on the wheels?

I regret not getting the chalk circles on the instruments mostly.on my Targa.

Also heavy price to pay for the Targa 4s to get the manual -- which makes the car back close to the speed of the Targa base.

I used all that extra money saved by not getting the S and spent it on lots of visual and comfort and technology options.

No design is wrong --

But all these options are daunting--

Conclusion-- add more options than you think you want--I should have added a few more --
Old 02-25-2021, 05:57 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

LOL, yes don't get anything you want on "YOUR" car. Some responses and recommendations crack me up. Some of us think the sports pkg looks awesome as well as the carbon fiber mirrors. I also way prefer the S over standard 4. The staggered wheels are something that really sets the look. Your gloss black wheels come with the colored crest, I have the same wheels also gloss black. The matte carbon fiber is a big improvement over the previous version. I have the bordeaux seat belts and white dials and could live without both but I like the look and when I built my car I ordered what I wanted based on my past experience owning 911's. The bottom line is you really can't make any bad decisions with these great cars, unless you let some stranger on a forum build it for you. Good luck and enjoy the process.

Last edited by Muhney; 02-25-2021 at 05:58 PM.
jrseltzer (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 06:04 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrseltzer
I just looked at it again in a little more detail - you might want to consider leather sun visors - I think with the top open you will notice them a bit more.
jrseltzer (02-25-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 targa allocations and build advice