Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 992 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 01:27 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,430 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by FunnyBoy
not read yet ... anyway, I wouldn't be worried about the safety, stability, etc of the car.... but just the support resistance (internally not structurally) not designed to support additional down forces

but ... it is another thought ... time will tell...
well, so far I can't tell any difference up to 100mph...did not have a chance beyond that. But yeah, if you chase 0.1 seconds on your 0-60 you probably don't want to do that.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:34 PM
FunnyBoy
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
well, so far I can't tell any difference up to 100mph...did not have a chance beyond that. But yeah, if you chase 0.1 seconds on your 0-60 you probably don't want to do that.
not a problem of 0.1 on 0-60, but just the electric engine effort to raise up a heavier load (because of the new down forces)
Old 10-28-2022, 01:37 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FunnyBoy
not a problem of 0.1 on 0-60, but just the electric engine effort to raise up a heavier load (because of the new down forces)
The wing goes up at 50mph and than stays up....at that speed the spoiler lift mechanism has plenty of margin to push that wing up. No problem that I can foresee.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:38 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 329 Posts

Nothing too exciting as I’m just picking it up. But got all weather floor mats and PA5 Alpins.
Old 10-29-2022, 04:19 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 962 Likes on 307 Posts

The car finally arrived last Wednesday so following up with the rear GTS script.

To recap, I procured the "GTS" portion of the full 992 "911 Carrera GTS" as well as a 992 GT3 rear script template. The template was to aid alignment. Full discloser, the GT3 rear script is about 11% larger than the GTS. It's a subtle difference and probably only noticeable when parked next to each other. I'll keep it on for the time being...it sure beats the verbose full badge IMO.

Part number: 992 853 675 F OK1

Last edited by woobiee; 10-29-2022 at 04:47 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by woobiee:
Dubber (10-29-2022), incoming992s (03-28-2023), PHX (10-29-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 11:38 PM
Tifoso
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks for checking back in this, @woobiee ! I think it looks great and will almost certainly do the same with my GTS (which I just picked up on Friday night!). The size looks totally fine to me, and it's certainly a major improvement over the small novel that's typically back there.

Question: what was your verdict on the template? Useful or a waste of $?

Thanks again!
Old 10-29-2022, 11:58 PM
woobiee
Pro

Originally Posted by Tifoso
Thanks for checking back in this, @woobiee ! I think it looks great and will almost certainly do the same with my GTS (which I just picked up on Friday night!). The size looks totally fine to me, and it's certainly a major improvement over the small novel that's typically back there.

Question: what was your verdict on the template? Useful or a waste of $?

Thanks again!
I'd say if you are able to easily find the centerline of the bumper as well as keeping it horizontally level, I would skip the template. Because the GT3 badge was a bit larger, I didn't actually affix the template to the bumper. If you are in the DC metro area, I'll kindly lend you the template.
The following users liked this post:
Tifoso (10-31-2022)
Old 10-30-2022, 05:17 PM
Z911
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 103 Posts

I have four cosmetic enhancements that I’d like to share.
1. I know many use the clear turn signals, my car is black so went with smoked turn signals and I got the Sequential ones.
2. Hand painted 911 logo to match the deviated stitching and dials.
3. Custom design Porsche logo on the aero wing
4 Lloyd mats I purchased from a fellow rennlist member

The following 3 users liked this post by Z911:
AlterZgo (10-30-2022), EZ E (10-31-2022), Tupper (10-31-2022)
Old 10-30-2022, 06:40 PM
woobiee
Pro

Next stop: GT3 skirts!

The following 6 users liked this post by woobiee:
APEX GT3 (11-23-2022), EZ E (10-31-2022), Litigator (10-31-2022), ns4w (10-30-2022), ron4sc (11-24-2022), zachr (10-30-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-30-2022, 08:56 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 656 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by woobiee
Next stop: GT3 skirts!
Those look awesome!!
Old 10-31-2022, 11:27 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

My car did not come with Ambient light option...so, I installed my own. 64k colors, brightness adjustable separately for footwell and center console. Hard to capture on photo but I think it turned out alright.
(as a side effect, I think I can take the center console apart in less than 5 minutes now )

Part 2 of my light install. Did the doors yesterday. Unfortunately, this was the only pic of the finished product before the battery died again...this time I had it on a tender while working it but apparently that did not help. I kept the battery connected while working on it as I always check if all works at every step....its charging now, hope it works all fine after fully charged again. This time I took some install pics of the lights in the door panel. I was pleasantly surprised how easy (relative) it is to get the door panels off and back on- pretty nicely engineered.

On the door light install, I decided to keep it simple and just added that one stripe. The spots you see in the picture are not seen when looking at it with your eyes. Must be a camera effect.

The following users liked this post:
PhotoNerd (03-04-2023)
Old 10-31-2022, 12:05 PM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Received 461 Likes on 249 Posts

Part 2 of my light install. Did the doors yesterday. Unfortunately, this was the only pic of the finished product before the battery died again...this time I had it on a tender while working it but apparently that did not help. I kept the battery connected while working on it as I always check if all works at every step....its charging now, hope it works all fine after fully charged again. This time I took some install pics of the lights in the door panel. I was pleasantly surprised how easy (relative) it is to get the door panels off and back on- pretty nicely engineered.

On the door light install, I decided to keep it simple and just added that one stripe. The spots you see in the picture are not seen when looking at it with your eyes. Must be a camera effect.

I give you a lot of credit for having the gumption to add the ambient lighting to your car. If I can't fix something with a hammer I'm in trouble. So when I see people tackle what to me is an impossible task I have to applaud it. Bravo on a job well done sir. Looks really good. There's no way I'd be able to take my car apart and put it back together again-especially for something involving the electronics. I admire people who are mechanically inclined. My kids are like that-they get it from their mother. Good quality to have.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:57 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Smirnoff67
I give you a lot of credit for having the gumption to add the ambient lighting to your car. If I can't fix something with a hammer I'm in trouble. So when I see people tackle what to me is an impossible task I have to applaud it. Bravo on a job well done sir. Looks really good. There's no way I'd be able to take my car apart and put it back together again-especially for something involving the electronics. I admire people who are mechanically inclined. My kids are like that-they get it from their mother. Good quality to have.
Thanks - its not all that hard...just have to commit to it and keep in mind "its just a car and if you brake something in 99% of cases it can be fixed". However, when I had the center console all apart and my doors off...it looked a little messy and my wife was just shaking her head and said "Who does that to a Porsche"...my answer, well its just another car after all. So far I found the 992 pretty well designed for work like that. Things come apart pretty easy and go back pretty easy. Sometimes its just a small detail when figuring it out it makes all the difference. On the center console, its the detail that the sunroof and sunshade button tops need to be removed to put the plastic shroud back on, on the door cards is that the clips that hold the door on top are under the weather stripping and pulling the panel off in 9/10 cases the clips stay attached to the door panel and therefore also lift the weather stripping. These 2 details are not well explained in youtube videos but can make the difference between getting it done easy or going mad about it. Well, I am still waiting for my car to charge up again to see how it all works (and if I have some remaining error codes from the battery dying again).
The following 3 users liked this post by Tobeit:
EZ E (10-31-2022), Smirnoff67 (10-31-2022), William992 (11-05-2022)
Old 10-31-2022, 03:32 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,086 Likes on 648 Posts

Winter shoes (19/20"). Tried looking at aftermarket but was hard to find wheels I liked with correct offsets without custom ordering and waiting. These arrived at dealer in less than a week. Didn't get to pick tires but came with Continentals 11 months old by date stamp. Don't plan on actual 'winter" driving - just want to be able to go out when it isn't horrible but roads too cold for summer tires to be safe.
I'll ceramic coat them this week and wait for the weather to get a little worse before mounting for the season. It's been unusually warm here and forecast not to cool down for several days.

Picked up sushi at Whole Foods on the way home and was therefore credited with cooking lunch. No real Sushi places anywhere around here, so WF about as goods as it gets for us unless we're in LA.

Old 10-31-2022, 04:50 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Winter shoes (19/20"). Tried looking at aftermarket but was hard to find wheels I liked with correct offsets without custom ordering and waiting. These arrived at dealer in less than a week. Didn't get to pick tires but came with Continentals 11 months old by date stamp. Don't plan on actual 'winter" driving - just want to be able to go out when it isn't horrible but roads too cold for summer tires to be safe.
I'll ceramic coat them this week and wait for the weather to get a little worse before mounting for the season. It's been unusually warm here and forecast not to cool down for several days.
Didn't want to buy yet another set of wheels, did that with my 997 previously and my wife's Macan has winter wheels so I in an effort to keep the look of my Classics, I got Michelins that I am swapping out. Did great last winter.

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 992 today thread