Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Aventurine Green 992 Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 01:04 PM
Richard V
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Cody, I'm glad to help out. Sent you a PM. Not sure if it went through, it's my first. Let's chat. Regards, RV
Old 02-22-2021, 01:11 PM
Glerald
Instructor

Received 223 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Yep. I settled on Iceland Green over a month ago, and then 2 days ago, saw a neighbors 992 (GT Silver with Black/chalk stitching) and really thought it looked sharp. I got 3 days left until I lock, but as of today, I’m sticking with my original gut choice of Iceland Green.

As my wife said to me - It’s my car, and will be the one who uses it, so I should pick out what In like. But with that said, I did an informal poll with a Aston Martin owner I know (who has impeccable tastes), , my two 30-something son’s, their fiancé’s, my wife, and finally, my Porsche sales rep. I showed them several screen capture pics (from the 3D simulator) with black/chalk stitching and then the Iceland Green/Black. I also did not tell them which way I was leaning (so as not to bias their opinions), and I was surprised at the outcome: All, as in 100%, said they preferred the Iceland Green.

The comments I got ranged from:

- The Iceland Green makes the dark features on the dash “pop” {most of the women said this}.

- Only concern I would have with the lighter color is “keeping it clean”. {That is not a concern of mine}

- This from my oldest son: “If you were younger, and planned to track the car often, black would probably be a more suitable color, but I will be surprised if you track very often, so Iceland green looks more refined/corporate”. {Correct, I will track, but not often}.

- The Iceland Green will lighten up the interior and the seats won’t become as hot if left in the Summer. {my neighbor}

- Go with your “gut feeling”, but if it were my car, I’d go with Iceland Green. {this from my Porsche sales rep}

- From my other son: “Get whatever you want and stop bothering me at work...but I prefer the Iceland Green...besides, it’s got a cooler name.” {I liked this response the best...made me laugh}
the Iceland Green is stunning!
Old 02-22-2021, 01:44 PM
Blackfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep. I settled on Iceland Green over a month ago, and then 2 days ago, saw a neighbors 992 (GT Silver with Black/chalk stitching) and really thought it looked sharp. I got 3 days left until I lock, but as of today, I’m sticking with my original gut choice of Iceland Green.

As my wife said to me - It’s my car, and will be the one who uses it, so I should pick out what In like. But with that said, I did an informal poll with a Aston Martin owner I know (who has impeccable tastes), , my two 30-something son’s, their fiancé’s, my wife, and finally, my Porsche sales rep. I showed them several screen capture pics (from the 3D simulator) with black/chalk stitching and then the Iceland Green/Black. I also did not tell them which way I was leaning (so as not to bias their opinions), and I was surprised at the outcome: All, as in 100%, said they preferred the Iceland Green.

The comments I got ranged from:

- The Iceland Green makes the dark features on the dash “pop” {most of the women said this}.

- Only concern I would have with the lighter color is “keeping it clean”. {That is not a concern of mine}

- This from my oldest son: “If you were younger, and planned to track the car often, black would probably be a more suitable color, but I will be surprised if you track very often, so Iceland green looks more refined/corporate”. {Correct, I will track, but not often}.

- The Iceland Green will lighten up the interior and the seats won’t become as hot if left in the Summer. {my neighbor}

- Go with your “gut feeling”, but if it were my car, I’d go with Iceland Green. {this from my Porsche sales rep}

- From my other son: “Get whatever you want and stop bothering me at work...but I prefer the Iceland Green...besides, it’s got a cooler name.” {I liked this response the best...made me laugh}

There you have it - a scientific poll with wide range of participants! surely you can't argue with that?

All kidding aside, because there are no wrong choice here, I asked myself `which choice would I likely regret more?`?
In my case, the answer is black because I have black interior so many times and want something different this time.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:02 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackfield
There you have it - a scientific poll with wide range of participants! surely you can't argue with that?

All kidding aside, because there are no wrong choice here, I asked myself `which choice would I likely regret more?`?
In my case, the answer is black because I have black interior so many times and want something different this time.

Never had black leather seats. Closest I have come is dark/charcoal gray. I think as I age, I like contrasting colors (visually, more pleasing to me than monotone),, which the black dash, top of the door panel, roof lining and flooring.... against the light Iceland Green seats, provides.

Was a bit concerned about the “green” in the name, but in every picture I have seen (and I have looked at 100’s), I can not detect that color....but even if I do, in person, as slight as it is, it actually may complement the “green” with the Aventurine Green exterior? To me, the Iceland Green comes closer to the “off white” or “cream white” color you find on almost every new house these days? As an aside - ever seen the white leather seats on the Tesla S? I was looking at a ludicrous before I put my deposit down on the 992, and wow, are those seats white. Like blinding white. I did not like that shade, at all.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 02-22-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:39 PM
Blackfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Never had black leather seats. Closest I have come is dark/charcoal gray. I think as I age, I like contrasting colors (visually, more pleasing to me than monotone),, which the black dash, top of the door panel, roof lining and flooring.... against the light Iceland Green seats, provides.

Was a bit concerned about the “green” in the name, but in every picture I have seen (and I have looked at 100’s), I can not detect that color....but even if I do, in person, as slight as it is, it actually may complement the “green” with the Aventurine Green exterior? To me, the Iceland Green comes closer to the “off white” or “cream white” color you find on almost every new house these days? As an aside - ever seen the white leather seats on the Tesla S? I was looking at a ludicrous before I put my deposit down on the 992, and wow, are those seats white. Like blinding white. I did not like that shade, at all.
Agree, I think even 992 Chalk interior is less white than the Tesla white interior and I would not never go with Chalk interior, never mind Testa's.

Iceland green is sight unseen for me but looking at pictures and videos online.
This post compared it with the inner white of an avocado, for some reason it sticks in my head and probably close enough to describe it.

I personally do not have any concern with the `green` on the name. In fact, the reason I decided to go with it is because I think it will compliment the exterior in a subtle way.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:50 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Blackfield
Agree, I think even 992 Chalk interior is less white than the Tesla white interior and I would not never go with Chalk interior, never mind Testa's.

Iceland green is sight unseen for me but looking at pictures and videos online.
This post compared it with the inner white of an avocado, for some reason it sticks in my head and probably close enough to describe it.

I personally do not have any concern with the `green` on the name. In fact, the reason I decided to go with it is because I think it will compliment the exterior in a subtle way.
The avocado comparison is a very interesting comparison. And love avocado’s. Thx.

I forget who it was, maybe Mathus7?, posted a picture of his Island Green seats (close up), and put a white coffee cup, that he got at his local barista, for comparison. Seeing the two next to one another, close up, was the comparison I was looking for, with the Island green seats being a lot more “creamy” (for lack of a better description) than the white from the cup.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 02-22-2021 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:30 PM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

I’m constantly amazed by the range of colors in this paint. Bright midday sun. Look how green she gets. Wow!!!

The following 3 users liked this post by dribar:
Dan Nagy (02-24-2021), kwikit356 (02-24-2021), Master Deep (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 02:58 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by dribar
I’m constantly amazed by the range of colors in this paint. Bright midday sun. Look how green she gets. Wow!!!

Very nice. You caught the essence of the Aventurine Green.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:00 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Very nice. You caught the essence of the Aventurine Green. Curious, what’s covering the two, as in 9-9-2 red brake lights?
Old 02-24-2021, 03:16 PM
dribar
Racer

Very nice. You caught the essence of the Aventurine Green. Curious, what’s covering the two, as in 9-9-2 red brake lights?
Clear lights, but an awesome palm reflection. Florida winter, you know?
Old 02-24-2021, 03:28 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Clear lights, but an awesome palm reflection. Florida winter, you know?
Interesting reflection. Also, what level of tint do you have?

Thx
Old 02-24-2021, 03:36 PM
dribar
Racer

Interesting reflection. Also, what level of tint do you have?

Thx
I told the guy "as dark as you can where I'm still legal in FL." He installed: Xpel Prime XR+ 35%

Old 02-24-2021, 03:37 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

I told the guy "as dark as you can where I'm still legal in FL." He installed: Xpel Prime XR+ 35%

OK, thanks. Looks sharp.
The following users liked this post:
dribar (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 04:09 PM
TRIPLEBLK1
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 88 Posts

Did you have the tint done in Sarasota?
Old 02-24-2021, 04:20 PM
dribar
Racer

Originally Posted by TRIPLEBLK1
Did you have the tint done in Sarasota?
Yes -- Ceramic Pro on Clark Rd. for tint, PPF, ceramic and Clearplex. They've done a couple of cars for me. Great bunch of guys. Ask for Joe.
The following users liked this post:
Master Deep (02-24-2021)

Quick Reply: Any Aventurine Green 992 Owners?