Sponsored by:

Any Aventurine Green 992 Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 10:26 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Originally Posted by Yinnzer
Go online (or on the Apple App Store) and create and account with My Porsche, make sure to use the same email you used when ordering the car, this will link them and allow you to track the build.

Yes, but no pics...at least so far. Just a written page with the status and./ or anticipated completion date.
Old 03-17-2021, 10:28 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

I like everything about your car - inside and out. Looks sharp!
Old 03-21-2021, 04:16 AM
Yinnzer
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Yes, but no pics...at least so far. Just a written page with the status and./ or anticipated completion date.
My first pic didn’t arrive until the car had actually completed production, hang in there.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:50 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Yinnzer
My first pic didn’t arrive until the car had actually completed production, hang in there.

Yhx.

Love ur avatar. How did you get it to stick to the tree?
Old 03-24-2021, 11:47 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 520 Posts

I may be able to get into a Targa 4S allocation (finding out today). My color choices are very different - gentian blue with grey/chalk interior, and White Metallic with black/bordeaux interior. After seeing how amazing Aventurine Green looks I've added it to my list.

Anyone have photos of an AG Targa? Also, would the grey/chalk interior work with AG? I don't think I've ever seen one. Right now I'm leaning toward Black with chalk stitching if I go AG, but I've never had black in an open top car.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:55 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I may be able to get into a Targa 4S allocation (finding out today). My color choices are very different - gentian blue with grey/chalk interior, and White Metallic with black/bordeaux interior. After seeing how amazing Aventurine Green looks I've added it to my list.

Anyone have photos of an AG Targa? Also, would the grey/chalk interior work with AG? I don't think I've ever seen one. Right now I'm leaning toward Black with chalk stitching if I go AG, but I've never had black in an open top car.
I haven't seen one, but I configured one with a black targa bar and Carrera Classic rims. It looks sharp, and I also like midnight blue with a black targa bar.

I think that my next one, a targa, is going to be Python green. Also thinking about PTS Zambesi Green. I'd love to see that color on a 992.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:26 PM
Gators-Go
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

My order for a 992 C2 in AG/Grey/chalk was placed Monday for late May delivery. I couldn’t find any pictures either except for interior but my dealer told me it will be outstanding since AG is a grey/green/silver combo leaning towards grey. I had a 1991 C2 that was slate grey/ linen that was beautiful and received constant compliments. The linen was very similar to chalk- almost white. I hope the dealer is right!
Old 03-24-2021, 12:43 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Gators-Go
My order for a 992 C2 in AG/Grey/chalk was placed Monday for late May delivery. I couldn’t find any pictures either except for interior but my dealer told me it will be outstanding since AG is a grey/green/silver combo leaning towards grey. I had a 1991 C2 that was slate grey/ linen that was beautiful and received constant compliments. The linen was very similar to chalk- almost white. I hope the dealer is right!
Yes, I think your SA is right. There is a lot of gray in AG and think that combo is going to look awesome. Please post photos!
Old 03-24-2021, 02:15 PM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

I was torn between Gentian and AG for my 992 cab ... although the grey/chalk works with the AG, I feel the black/Iceland green matches far better. To my eye, the black dash with a slightly darker shade of seats match perfectly. I finally decided on the Gentian as I wanted a little more pop this time ‘round. Black seats with chalk stitching is very rich looking (have that in my cab) and strongly believe seat ventilation is mandatory with an open top.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:18 PM
Gators-Go
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

The president of PCA did a story on AG with truffle brown with pictures. I think it was a cab with brown roof. I spoke him about it and he said it was a jaw dropper but that the chalk on a AG C2 would be fantastic as well. I’m staying with the grey/chalk for the uniqueness of the almost white interior.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:56 PM
Hammr1
7th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by Hammr1:
Dan Nagy (03-24-2021), Raybold7 (04-28-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 06:33 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,507 Likes on 1,581 Posts

Old 05-11-2021, 01:30 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

I'm thinking of going with Aventurine over Iceland green on my Targa build. I really like the Exclusive design wheels. Does anyone think that painting them jet black instead of gloss black might look better with Aventurine Green? I don't think jet black is quite as dark as standard gloss black.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:33 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 951 Posts

I'm thinking of going with Aventurine over Iceland green on my Targa build. I really like the Exclusive design wheels. Does anyone think that painting them jet black instead of gloss black might look better with Aventurine Green? I don't think jet black is quite as dark as standard gloss black.
I've seen pics of the Exclusives with Satin Black which is a little muted and matches a lot of the other exterior components, lower spoiler lip, etc. Unless you do the gloss black exterior option, the satin black makes a lot of sense with these wheels.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:36 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I've seen pics of the Exclusives with Satin Black which is a little muted and matches a lot of the other exterior components, lower spoiler lip, etc. Unless you do the gloss black exterior option, the satin black makes a lot of sense with these wheels.
I've read conflicting things about the satin black. The configurator says that with satin black the spokes on the exclusive wheels are polished. Someone posted that when you order satin black on the exclusive wheels the spokes are a satin finish as well. I definitely want the polished facings on the spokes.

Quick Reply: Any Aventurine Green 992 Owners?