Sponsored by:

Any Aventurine Green 992 Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 10:36 AM
200mph
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gators-Go
The president of PCA did a story on AG with truffle brown with pictures. I think it was a cab with brown roof. I spoke him about it and he said it was a jaw dropper...
Just bought a C4S cab in those exact colors, and they ARE striking! ... Without the truffle interior, I would have bought a different color car entirely.
Thanks.

Last edited by 200mph; 05-15-2021 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:50 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

I submitted my build with the black/Iceland green interior and paldao wood trim. I'm wondering if I shouldn't change it to carbon fiber so that I can pick up the matching pieces for around the shifter. I know the gloss black tends to get scratched in those areas. I could mix and match the matte carbon in those areas with the paldao wood, but I'm not sure that would work.

Old 05-19-2021, 11:52 AM
Huddo
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I submitted my build with the black/Iceland green interior and paldao wood trim. I'm wondering if I shouldn't change it to carbon fiber so that I can pick up the matching pieces for around the shifter. I know the gloss black tends to get scratched in those areas. I could mix and match the matte carbon in those areas with the paldao wood, but I'm not sure that would work.
As wood options go I think the Paldao wood is very nice but with your color scheme and the sporty nature of the 911 I personally would go with carbon fiber over wood. However, look at all the pics and go with what your gut tells you!
Old 05-19-2021, 12:01 PM
German1967
Pro

Received 604 Likes on 270 Posts

All very personal, but that wood goes well with your interior and exterior color choices. Your set up - in my eyes - is more refined / elegant than "sporty". But, of course, do what you like the most!
Old 05-19-2021, 12:34 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Huddo
As wood options go I think the Paldao wood is very nice but with your color scheme and the sporty nature of the 911 I personally would go with carbon fiber over wood. However, look at all the pics and go with what your gut tells you!
Originally Posted by German1967
All very personal, but that wood goes well with your interior and exterior color choices. Your set up - in my eyes - is more refined / elegant than "sporty". But, of course, do what you like the most!
I know. I'm torn. I think the wood matches the AG and Iceland green. My other configuration was Shark Blue over Slate/Chalk with Carbon fiber. Even though I submitted for AG, I still love the way the Shark Blue looks - the waiting is tough because some days I choose one over the other.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:08 PM
Huddo
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts

I know. I'm torn. I think the wood matches the AG and Iceland green. My other configuration was Shark Blue over Slate/Chalk with Carbon fiber. Even though I submitted for AG, I still love the way the Shark Blue looks - the waiting is tough because some days I choose one over the other.

I'm going with slate/chalk with Aventurine Green if that helps confuse you more 😁 I looked at Gentian blue but it was too purple for me. Shark blue is great but I really wanted metallic and, personally, think it suits the "louder" styled cars more (like the GT3 it started with). Looking forward to the Aventurine and I think the slate/chalk will go nicely with the grey side of Aventurine and won't clash with the green side of it. I found the Mojave too goldy beige, and nice as the Iceland green is I didn't want black to go with it. The problems of too many choices!
Old 05-19-2021, 02:03 PM
German1967
Pro

Received 604 Likes on 270 Posts

AG w/ Island Green and Paldao is perfect! If I were to choose AG, that would be my combination - and the Exclusive Wheels are just stunning. Stick with it. Will be awesome!
Old 05-20-2021, 03:30 PM
200mph
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by smiles11
As some of you may have seen recently. My son took delivery of his first 911 in white. I’m sad to report... the car was totaled after some spirited drives. RAS failure & the back wheels came off.

So we decided to step it up & buy into the AG life!!! You know how it goes... The older we get, the more horsepower we want 🤣
You are setting yourself up for some EXPENSIVE teen years once he gets his license! My son is now 22, and he's already had some really fun (1:1 scale) cars !
The following users liked this post:
smiles11 (06-10-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 01:54 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Does anyone have an opinion on the sports front fascia with Aventurine Green? I submitted my Targa 4S build a few weeks ago AG over Iceland/Black and the only option I was on the fence about was the sports front fascia. I can still change it but don’t know if it’s as noticeable on AG vs lighter colors.

Last edited by Dr. G; 06-04-2021 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:23 AM
Chiffins
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C2 Aventurine Green ordered

What's up y'all. I just put a deposit down on my first Porsche. 2022 992 C2 w PDK. Aventurine Green, Satin black S wheels, Premium, Glass roof, Sports Exhaust etc.

Here's the spec. Maybe I'll receive it by Q1 2022 if I'm lucky. One stand-out was choosing the rear light design kit option that darkens the brake lights. Gives the backend a much chiller stealth vibe without all that red.

I went rather basic as it's my first time. I could go S for $15k or so more and get the MT. Money is not the issue. I just genuinely don't think I need to. Maybe on my second build, I'll go all out and do a manual gearbox. This is an everyday driver for me and I've driven stick for 10 years. Ready to chill for a bit and see what the PDK is all about.

Lemme know what you think. Glad to be here.

Last edited by Chiffins; 06-10-2021 at 12:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (02-11-2022)
Old 06-10-2021, 02:01 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiffins
What's up y'all. I just put a deposit down on my first Porsche. 2022 992 C2 w PDK. Aventurine Green, Satin black S wheels, Premium, Glass roof, Sports Exhaust etc.

Here's the spec. Maybe I'll receive it by Q1 2022 if I'm lucky. One stand-out was choosing the rear light design kit option that darkens the brake lights. Gives the backend a much chiller stealth vibe without all that red.

I went rather basic as it's my first time. I could go S for $15k or so more and get the MT. Money is not the issue. I just genuinely don't think I need to. Maybe on my second build, I'll go all out and do a manual gearbox. This is an everyday driver for me and I've driven stick for 10 years. Ready to chill for a bit and see what the PDK is all about.

Lemme know what you think. Glad to be here.

Congrats! I'm a first time Porsche car owner as well. My car arrives early December.

As for your build, have you seen Aventurine in person yet? Just curious because the black satin wheels make take away from it a bit.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:31 PM
Chiffins
AutoX

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Congrats! I'm a first time Porsche car owner as well. My car arrives early December.

As for your build, have you seen Aventurine in person yet? Just curious because the black satin wheels make take away from it a bit.

Thanks for your note and congrats on your new Porsche too!

I have seen AV in person on a Cayman w aurum wheels.

Which wheels do you suggest? My only other consideration now is black metalic. I am actually leaning to darker wheels now.

Last edited by Chiffins; 06-10-2021 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:54 PM
Bur
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your note and congrats on your new Porsche too!

I have seen AV in person on a Cayman w aurum wheels.

Which wheels do you suggest? My only other consideration now is black metalic. I am actually leaning to darker wheels now.
I have an AV 992 with the same satin black wheels that should be delivered in the next 1-2 weeks. Had the same color/wheel combo on a 718 and it looked great FWIW.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:56 PM
Chiffins
AutoX

Originally Posted by Bur
I have an AV 992 with the same satin black wheels that should be delivered in the next 1-2 weeks. Had the same color/wheel combo on a 718 and it looked great FWIW.
Awesome, good to know. Yeah, it's between satin and metallic black at this point for me. The Satin matches the grayed-out tail lights. That was my initial plan.
Old 06-10-2021, 01:11 PM
Bur
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome, good to know. Yeah, it's between satin and metallic black at this point for me. The Satin matches the grayed-out tail lights. That was my initial plan.
I went with satin for a little more contrast against the metallic paint. I can upload some pics once the car gets delivered to hopefully help with your decision.

Quick Reply: Any Aventurine Green 992 Owners?