Sponsored by:

Any Aventurine Green 992 Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 02:00 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,830 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I've read conflicting things about the satin black. The configurator says that with satin black the spokes on the exclusive wheels are polished. Someone posted that when you order satin black on the exclusive wheels the spokes are a satin finish as well. I definitely want the polished facings on the spokes.
Totally agree. I would want them polished.

You may want to roll through this thread - https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1167...our-992-a.html - find some exclusives painted black, and PM the posters of the pictures to get clarification on which black they have so you can know.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:36 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

Here’s the definitive answer:

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1250...tin-black.html
Old 05-12-2021, 07:49 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Sorry, double post

Last edited by Dr. G; 05-12-2021 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:50 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

I’ve decided to go with AG over Black/Iceland Green for my Targa 4S. I’m torn on the Sports front fascia (which would also require me to get the front end lift where I live). I “think” that the sports front fascia is less noticeable with AG (I’ve seen both fronts) and right now I’m trying to decide whether the money is better spent on it or the Burmester. I’m an audiophile, but I also listen to music fairly loud at times when I drive. I’m somewhat intolerant of distortion, but I haven’t heard either system.

This is where I’m currently at with my build

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQZH420

Old 05-12-2021, 09:24 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,117 Posts

I’ve decided to go with AG over Black/Iceland Green for my Targa 4S. I’m torn on the Sports front fascia (which would also require me to get the front end lift where I live). I “think” that the sports front fascia is less noticeable with AG (I’ve seen both fronts) and right now I’m trying to decide whether the money is better spent on it or the Burmester. I’m an audiophile, but I also listen to music fairly loud at times when I drive. I’m somewhat intolerant of distortion, but I haven’t heard either system.

I thought the shark blue you did was beautiful, but congrats on the decision.

I was out for a ride last Sunday and some people in the car next wanted me to put my window down only to tell me they thought my car was awesome. I’m sure that you will have even more admiring looks.
The following users liked this post:
WK (03-13-2022)
Old 05-12-2021, 09:36 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 256 Posts

I really like it. But I would suggest a couple of tweaks: black Targa bar, clear tail lights, high gloss black for model and PORSCHE on the rear. Play with it, speak to your sales advisor, and see how it looks.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:21 PM
ruubsie
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G [img]images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/img]

I must say that the basic music system is a definitive upgrade in comparison with the previous one on the 991
It goes really loud ...

gr
Old 05-14-2021, 09:06 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Ok, I listened to the two systems (got really lucky) and I can definitely hear the difference between the Bose and Burmester. Even on the road, the clarity at higher volumes will be worth the upgrade (to me).

I wanted to have a budget and I'm leveraging two options against one.

Do I do the Exclusive Tail lights and the sport side sills, or the front end lift?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNFUIL61
Old 05-14-2021, 09:14 AM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Do I do the Exclusive Tail lights and the sport side sills, or the front end lift?

Nice build and similar to what I was considering for my cab. Unless you have some serious transition issues where you live, I’d be surprised that FAL would be required on a Targa. When I was considering AG for my car, I definitely wanted the exclusive design tails to remove the red from the car. So for me, the decision would be easy ...
Old 05-14-2021, 09:26 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stevelev
Nice build and similar to what I was considering for my cab. Unless you have some serious transition issues where you live, I’d be surprised that FAL would be required on a Targa. When I was considering AG for my car, I definitely wanted the exclusive design tails to remove the red from the car. So for me, the decision would be easy ...
That's kind of the way I'm leaning. The only thing left to do is sit in the 18 way seats as I've only sat in the 14 ways. My dealer has a preowned 992 C2S that came in with the 18 ways, so I'm heading over today and will submit my build at the same time.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:16 PM
DavidCrockett
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
I really like it. But I would suggest a couple of tweaks: black Targa bar, clear tail lights, high gloss black for model and PORSCHE on the rear. Play with it, speak to your sales advisor, and see how it looks.
I generally like the black Targa bar, but in his case, the silver ties in well to the wheels and provides vertical balance.
The following users liked this post:
Go Bruins (05-14-2021)
Old 05-14-2021, 12:49 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

Ok, I listened to the two systems (got really lucky) and I can definitely hear the difference between the Bose and Burmester. Even on the road, the clarity at higher volumes will be worth the upgrade (to me).

Nice build! You can also think about it in that way that FAL you cannot add afterwards if you happen to change your mind but the side sills and the tail lights you can. Although, I have to agree with the others, with Targa (non-SPASM) FAL is likely not necessary. With SPASM I would always spec it (just in case if nothing else).

At least here in Europe, the configurator nowadays allows you to select the front lip of the regular bumper painted in case of SPASM. This would have been been a perfect, inexpensive alternative for the SportDesign bumper (unfortunately not available with non-SPASM Targa, I guess) but both bumpers go nicely with AG anyways.

Same thing with Burmester, cannot spec it afterwards, so better to choose it now if you appreciate its benefits (I can definitely understand why).

Looking forward to seeing the car in pictures!

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 05-14-2021 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:29 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Thats a gorgeous build.

I agree that the FAL isn’t required, unless you have a specifically difficult repetitive use case. Like your driveway. The clear lights and the sills bring it together nicely.

If you’re looking for something that’s debatable, I’d consider the PDCC. It’s expensive and in a 911 not really needed or particularly noticeable. Yes, you’ll notice it if you’re throwing it around corners, but despite that Targa roof and the CG, it’s still very flat. If you’ve driven a Targa with and without, and find it indispensable, then ignore my comment

Considered the Paldao seat backs ? They look amazing in a Cab, but I don’t know how visible they’d be in a Targa.

Its going to be an awesome looking car, even if you do nothing but order it as is.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:32 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Benedict14
Thats a gorgeous build.

I agree that the FAL isn’t required, unless you have a specifically difficult repetitive use case. Like your driveway. The clear lights and the sills bring it together nicely.

If you’re looking for something that’s debatable, I’d consider the PDCC. It’s expensive and in a 911 not really needed or particularly noticeable. Yes, you’ll notice it if you’re throwing it around corners, but despite that Targa roof and the CG, it’s still very flat. If you’ve driven a Targa with and without, and find it indispensable, then ignore my comment

Considered the Paldao seat backs ? They look amazing in a Cab, but I don’t know how visible they’d be in a Targa.

Its going to be an awesome looking car, even if you do nothing but order it as is.
I did consider the paldao seat backs, but today I had a chance to sit in both the 14 way and 18 way seats. Although the side bolsters of the 18 way seats didn’t feel too tight, for some reason the base of my spine was uncomfortable when sitting in them; which is too bad, since I actually preferred the feel of the higher bolsters. The 14 ways seemed more comfortable, but I can see how they may not hold me in place quite as well during higher lateral forces when driving.

Overall, I’m very happy with the final build. September build with November delivery:http://www.porsche-code.com/PNI28Y95
Old 05-15-2021, 08:47 AM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts
Default New Photos and a Small Update

Haven't seen fresh AG photos in a while, so here's a few...

Did a small update on the tail, anyone notice what has changed?

In overall, I think this works really well. I am also pondering on whether to upgrade the front lights to the black version (purely due to aesthetics)... What do you all think about this? My biggest concern is that one wouldn't notice the change that much, because the darker lights don't stand out as much against the Aventurine Green as they do against lighter and more uniform colors.

New Exclusive Design Tail Lights!

The Model Name in Black could work as well but I definitely like silver in combination with the clear lights. At least, PORSCHE I prefer to keep in silver, taking into account the car's other options that seem to go well together in this set-up.

Black Matrix Lights Against White

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 05-15-2021 at 08:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Any Aventurine Green 992 Owners?