Received 139 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by BOSSOB
Black lettering also look good. Thanks
I’ll try for a little better quality when I pull it out tomorrow
Old 02-21-2021, 05:00 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,277 Posts

With the Aventurine Green, has anybody chosen black leather with chalk stitching? Thx
Old 02-21-2021, 05:50 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
With the Aventurine Green, has anybody chosen black leather with chalk stitching? Thx
I did Sport Tex - it’s similar.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:51 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I did Sport Tex - it’s similar.

From those that have seen it in person, everybody seem to say you made the right choice/like your choice?
Old 02-21-2021, 09:46 PM
Yinnzer
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C2 Cab May 2021 delivery

Impatiently waiting for my Aventurine Green over Luxor Black/Iceland Green full leather with Paldao Wood dash and seat back inserts, Agave Green seatbelts and brown cabriolet top.

The following 2 users liked this post by Yinnzer:
Dan Nagy (02-21-2021), swingblade (02-22-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 11:18 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Yinnzer
Impatiently waiting for my Aventurine Green over Luxor Black/Iceland Green full leather with Paldao Wood dash and seat back inserts, Agave Green seatbelts and brown cabriolet top.

Please be sure to share photos after delivery!
Old 02-21-2021, 11:28 PM
Yinnzer
Track Day

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Please be sure to share photos after delivery!
I sure will!
Old 02-21-2021, 11:40 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Did you lose seat ventilation with the sport-Tex? Also, I see you painted the black slats in the aventurine green....is it noticeable for any distance?

Tx
Old 02-21-2021, 11:59 PM
Yinnzer
Track Day

Did you lose seat ventilation with the sport-Tex? Also, I see you painted the black slats in the aventurine green....is it noticeable for any distance?

Tx
I ordered full leather, not Sport Tex. And I didn’t paint the engine lid slats, it’s too difficult to see in the darker colors, I would only recommend that with bright colors.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:00 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Yinnzer
I ordered full leather, not Sport Tex. And I didn’t paint the engine lid slats, it’s too difficult to see in the darker colors, I would only recommend that with bright colors.
thx
Old 02-22-2021, 12:37 AM
Richard V
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Cody, I did AG with black leather and chalk stitch. My 4th Pcar, and I think it's the best looking by far. Also blacked the make and "911", which is much better than all the scribble. C2S Cab. Would definitely recommend.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:42 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Richard V
Cody, I did AG with black leather and chalk stitch. My 4th Pcar, and I think it's the best looking by far. Also blacked the make and "911", which is much better than all the scribble. C2S Cab. Would definitely recommend.
Thx. If u get anytime, can u post some interior pics? I plan to delete the 911 C2S. I just think it looks cleaner Also, opted for the Sports Design Package (love the shark fin look) + side skirts.

Finally, with the black leather, do you notice any wrinkles of creases in the leather? Wondering if the black shows imperfections in the way the seat is put together more than lighter colors?

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 02-22-2021 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:01 PM
Blackfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Thx. If u get anytime, can u post some interior pics? I plan to delete the 911 C2S. I just think it looks cleaner Also, opted for the Sports Design Package (love the shark fin look) + side skirts.

Finally, with the black leather, do you notice any wrinkles of creases in the leather? Wondering if the black shows imperfections in the way the seat is put together more than lighter colors?
Still flip flopping between Black vs. Black-Iceland Green interior?

I was debating the above two if you recall.

I changed my build last minute from SportTex -> Black/Iceland Green, now it is locked.
Everyone's circumstance is different. Mine is because I want an interior that is different from my current car, love two tone and lighter interior color.

I made my peace and decided that there is no right or wrong choice between the two.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:44 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Blackfield
Still flip flopping between Black vs. Black-Iceland Green interior?

I was debating the above two if you recall.

I changed my build last minute from SportTex -> Black/Iceland Green, now it is locked.
Everyone's circumstance is different. Mine is because I want an interior that is different from my current car, love two tone and lighter interior color.

I made my peace and decided that there is no right or wrong choice between the two.

Yep. I settled on Iceland Green over a month ago, and then 2 days ago, saw a neighbors 992 (GT Silver with Black/chalk stitching) and really thought it looked sharp. I got 3 days left until I lock, but as of today, I’m sticking with my original gut choice of Iceland Green.

As my wife said to me - It’s my car, and will be the one who uses it, so I should pick out what I like. But with that said, I did an informal poll with a Aston Martin owner I know (who has impeccable tastes), , my two 30-something son’s, their fiancé’s, my wife, and finally, my Porsche sales rep. I showed them several screen capture pics (from the 3D simulator) with black/chalk stitching and then the Iceland Green/Black. I also did not tell them which way I was leaning (so as not to bias their opinions), and I was surprised at the outcome: All, as in 100%, said they preferred the Iceland Green.

The comments I got ranged from:

- The Iceland Green makes the dark features on the dash “pop” {most of the women said this}.

- Only concern I would have with the lighter color is “keeping it clean”. {That is not a concern of mine}

- This from my oldest son: “If you were younger, and planned to track the car often, black would probably be a more suitable color, but I will be surprised if you track very often, so Iceland green looks more refined/corporate”. {Correct, I will track, but not often}.

- The Iceland Green will lighten up the interior and the seats won’t become as hot if left in the Summer. {my neighbor}

- Go with your “gut feeling”, but if it were my car, I’d go with Iceland Green. {this from my Porsche sales rep}

- From my other son: “Get whatever you want and stop bothering me at work...but I prefer the Iceland Green...besides, it’s got a cooler name.” {I liked this response the best...made me laugh}

But as so many have said...I don’t think I can go wrong with whatever color I choose. There really are no bad choices with the 992.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 02-22-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Any Aventurine Green 992 Owners?