Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 02:40 PM
jjaisli
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by EZ E
I'm on the Siem Cicero loaded! I should see the car in ~20 days!!! I'm a little shocked it was loaded to fast!!
The vessel is just leaving port now. Did your TYD update or did your dealer advise you?
Old 01-04-2023, 02:55 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,244 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dhjaffe
It's still sitting there as of 8 minutes ago. And it's anchored. I have to believe, like Diablo Dude said, that the port is full and it's waiting for its turn for a berth. But it's now been almost 3 full days since it anchored there. You'd think its turn for a berth at the port would have come through by now.
SFL CONDUCTOR

Since I have nothing better to do and my GT3 Touring came into the Port of Benicia and got processed with lightning speed (1 day) on Dec. 24th and is now sitting in my garage nice and comfy during our storm out here on the West Coast, I called the Port of Baltimore and spoke to a very helpful Administrator. She told me that the agent for the SFL Conductor is Norton Lilly Intl., and the ship is going to a private terminal at the Port called "Trade Point Atlantic".

I was able to network my way to the actual Agent that handles the SFL Conductor.
His name is Sam and he tells me that they have tremendous port congestion after the Holidays.
He said the best case scenario for the SFL Conductor would be for it to dock in the early hours of January 7th.

Hope this helps my fellow Porschephiles!

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-04-2023 at 03:19 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
Bearrun21 (01-06-2023), dhjaffe (01-04-2023), Fieldo (01-04-2023), johny221 (01-04-2023), remington (01-04-2023), Triathlonkid (01-04-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-04-2023, 03:26 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
SFL CONDUCTOR

Since I have nothing better to do and my GT3 Touring came into the Port of Benicia and got processed with lightning speed (1 day) on Dec. 24th and is now sitting in my garage nice and comfy during our storm out here on the West Coast, I called the Port of Baltimore and spoke to a very helpful Administrator. She told me that the agent for the SFL Conductor is Norton Lilly Intl., and the ship is going to a private terminal at the Port called "Trade Point Atlantic".

I was able to network my way to the actual Agent that handles the SFL Conductor.
His name is Sam and he tells me that they have tremendous port congestion after the Holidays.
He said the best case scenario for the SFL Conductor would be for it to dock in the early hours of January 7th.

Wow, thats a crazy delay, almost 1 whole week behind schedule. Thank you for looking into this, it is much appreciated!
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 03:32 PM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by jjaisli
The vessel is just leaving port now. Did your TYD update or did your dealer advise you?
Both, I called the sales manager and he said the system shows the car loaded. This morning I wasn't on the boat and now I'm on plus TYD shows me on. I not sure I have this right but he said a boat just left and this one was loading. Not 100% sure because we're laughing about the Rennlist data being accurate.

Last edited by EZ E; 01-04-2023 at 03:35 PM.
jjaisli (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 04:01 PM
wazway
Track Day

Received 37 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Where are you located? What dealership?
Just curious to know how many allocations are going out and where for the T so far.. we have a good list going in the T thread.
Thanks
Columbus, Ohio, porsche of Dublin, they just got the one allocation.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:25 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 736 Likes on 354 Posts

My TYD has been down all day. Wondering if it is on my end or Porsche. Anybody else experience the same today?
Old 01-04-2023, 07:38 PM
TexasIowan
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
My TYD has been down all day. Wondering if it is on my end or Porsche. Anybody else experience the same today?
Mine was down all of yesterday. Are you close to a milestone? I ask given yesterday I officially locked on “scheduled for production”. I had showed scheduled for production for over a month (dates bounced around), but didn’t go official on TYD till yesterday. Maybe it was down to update a milestone? I’m supposed to start production on 1/13 and complete on 1/20, which is a week early from my initial build timeline. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, but only time will tell.

Smirnoff67 (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 08:15 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 736 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasIowan
Mine was down all of yesterday. Are you close to a milestone? I ask given yesterday I officially locked on “scheduled for production”. I had showed scheduled for production for over a month (dates bounced around), but didn’t go official on TYD till yesterday. Maybe it was down to update a milestone? I’m supposed to start production on 1/13 and complete on 1/20, which is a week early from my initial build timeline. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, but only time will tell.
Fair speculation. Productions was scheduled to start 1/6 with 1/20 completion so this is close to the 1/6 date.
Old 01-04-2023, 08:19 PM
Falcon01
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Another update! My 911 was updated to on vessel, Siem Cicero. The ETA of 2/3 remains unchanged and is likely inaccurate. The Boat will dock in Davisport on 1/15 supposedly.
The following 2 users liked this post by Falcon01:
jjaisli (01-05-2023), Smirnoff67 (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 10:04 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 78 Posts

SFL CONDUCTOR

Is that the one that comes to Benicia?
Dock meaning arrive at Emden and ready to load cars? Any idea how long a ship "docks" for? I imagine it takes like 1 day to arrive and load cars before taking off...one can hope

TYD still says 1/13 load (delayed from 12/23)
Old 01-04-2023, 10:40 PM
dhjaffe
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

SFL CONDUCTOR

Thank you, Diablo Dude!
Diablo Dude (01-05-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 10:45 PM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

SFL CONDUCTOR

This is interesting...there also seems to be a backup at the Port of Houston. The SFL Composer was suppose to be in on 1/1-1/2, with the Sunshine Ace (my boat) close behind at 1/4. Yesterday, the Composer updated to 1/7, the Ace moved to 1/9, and somehow the Conductor (which is obviously still in Baltimore) jumped ahead of the Ace. The Ace has been sitting in the Gulf for several days now not moving. The Composer is still waiting to enter the port. Lots of delays and no idea why they are bumping the Ace behind the Conductor. See below for the screenshot from the Houston schedule.

Last edited by TN_3; 01-04-2023 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2023, 10:56 PM
C2heritage
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Whoa, I am too. Checked when I saw your note EZ E. I was 35 days out, now 22. Fingers crossed that holds.

Last edited by C2heritage; 01-04-2023 at 11:00 PM.
EZ E (01-06-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 10:59 PM
StimmyGaroppolo
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Been waiting on a Carrera S allocation since September of last year. Number 3 in line at my dealer, but thinking about going the used round.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:41 PM
james6speed
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 100 Posts

So, I am reading from another thread that the carbon bucket seats are now on order stop in December for all models besides GT3 RS and GT4 RS??

Truth? My GTS build has the lightweight package but no allocation yet.

Need the experts to chime in here...

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!