Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019 | 04:46 PM
JMO1805
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 992Sam
I really hate how I like the look of the non-sport exhaust more than the sport exhaust... kinda makes me wonder what they were thinking.
Yes. I actually opted to pay separately for SC and SPASM to avoid the oval exhausts in the sports package. The sound isn't a huge issue for me honestly; I have two M cars that fill that void.
The following users liked this post:
992Sam (10-28-2019)
Old 10-28-2019 | 06:19 PM
Simonl72
Instructor

Officially out of the waiting room. Quick drive home, very impressed. Not quite the theatre of the GT3 it replaced but very quick.

The following 3 users liked this post by Simonl72:
992Sam (10-28-2019), cr-997 (10-28-2019), Garydose (10-28-2019)
Old 10-28-2019 | 08:31 PM
thesasquatch
Advanced

^^^^^ Beautiful car Simon! You pulled the trigger on the Iceland / Island Green! looks great! I think that'll always be a classic look. I chickened and went for the black interior. But glad to see how amazing aventurine is under the lights.
Simonl72 (10-29-2019)
Old 10-28-2019 | 08:36 PM
thesasquatch
Advanced

Off Topic but I think I've seen fellas in here maybe discussing this before and I'm still confused..

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE "ZAB - ORNAMENTAL PORSCHE CREST" option is?? My dealer is equally confused and has given me every answer from "it's the colored crests on the wheels" to "it's the nicer emblem on the hood". But, in the end, they've admitted they're not sure.

(The reason I'm asking is because it currently pops up a warning on my configurator now that my car is about to lock and says "Warning: ZAB ornamental crest is NOT currently available". But there's no place to de-select it OR select it in the configurator...?

Thanks for being ignorant if this is a dumb question. I'm also still confused by what exactly Diamar is but that's a discussion that sounds like it hasn't got a clear answer either). I've got just a couple days left to figure this out.
Old 10-28-2019 | 08:38 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thesasquatch
Off Topic but I think I've seen fellas in here maybe discussing this before and I'm still confused..

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE "ZAB - ORNAMENTAL PORSCHE CREST" option is?? My dealer is equally confused and has given me every answer from "it's the colored crests on the wheels" to "it's the nicer emblem on the hood". But, in the end, they've admitted they're not sure.

(The reason I'm asking is because it currently pops up a warning on my configurator now that my car is about to lock and says "Warning: ZAB ornamental crest is NOT currently available". But there's no place to de-select it OR select it in the configurator...?

Thanks for being ignorant if this is a dumb question. I'm also still confused by what exactly Diamar is but that's a discussion that sounds like it hasn't got a clear answer either). I've got just a couple days left to figure this out.
Where is the ZAB ornamental crest located on the configurator?

Saw light silver diamar in person. It is in the aluminum section of the configurator, and looks and feels to be exactly that.
Old 10-29-2019 | 03:45 AM
Gando
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gando
WOW. Just went through your "paint damage thread". Could actually feel your pain while reading! Ultimately, I have to congratulate you for definitely making the right decision. Question is, am I man enough to make the same decision. As I said in my original post, this is my first Porsche, and went all out with it. Devastated that such a key aesthetic part of it is missing. Going in to the dealership on Monday to have a "chat" about possible solutions, but can't see a way around it. One option they are exploring is having the system fitted at the dealership end prior to delivery. Don't know yet if this is even possible, but if so, still don't know how I feel about having local guys strip apart brand new car and install SPASM as good as factory install.
Either way, will post Monday with which way I go. Could be in this "waiting room thread" for a lot longer than was hoping me thinks...
Ok. Back from the dealership. Saw a car on the floor with no SPASM and looked amazing. Was told my car arrives 10 Jan 2020! Really getting excited now. Was also told, my SA will chat with Porsche directly and see what they can offer me for the screw up. Will post once I find out what this is.
Old 10-29-2019 | 05:07 AM
JHesketh
Racer

Originally Posted by 992Sam
and you know this for certain how?
Nice tone of voice!

I own a 992 with leather option trim so it has the lighter trim. They are painted plastic.
Old 10-29-2019 | 05:12 AM
JHesketh
Racer

Deleted duplicate post.

Last edited by JHesketh; 10-29-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2019 | 05:15 AM
JHesketh
Racer

Originally Posted by jkautz
It is aluminum. It’s under the aluminum category on the configurator. + I was able to see it last night at the launch party. The handles also feel heavier and more solid compared to the dark plastic base trim
OK I’m up for being proven wrong but I own a 992 and the trim and handles do not feel cold to the touch, are not shiny, and when you tap them they sound like plastic. My 991 felt completely different - the materials were clearly metal.

A plastic door handle is possible because it no longer pulls a cable but rather operates an electric door lock which releases a sprung door that opens itself. It takes far less strain than the 991 handle.

I would love you to be right. I will be most pleased to eat my own hat but I’m living with the car and I’m not convinced.
Old 10-29-2019 | 12:15 PM
rhr992c4s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gando
Ok. Back from the dealership. Saw a car on the floor with no SPASM and looked amazing. Was told my car arrives 10 Jan 2020! Really getting excited now. Was also told, my SA will chat with Porsche directly and see what they can offer me for the screw up. Will post once I find out what this is.
I am glad you are happy with a car without SPASM, looks like it might work out and hopefully they do something for you because of the mistake. My car should be here in mid February.
Old 10-29-2019 | 04:49 PM
PacoST
Intermediate

Today i was at my Porsche dealer to change some stuff on my car order ,and o boy i was in luck ,the guy told me that tomorrow the car goes into lockdown and i wouldnt be able to change anything.
So In a last minute i opted for Sport front spoiler and black leather seats with contrast crayon stitching.
It will be built first week of December and delivery approximately 4 week after around January. I know mid December comes small refresh (PSE button ,problem with squeaky seats etc) ,so dont know if i am going to catch that.

The following 2 users liked this post by PacoST:
G650 (10-30-2019), jkautz (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019 | 04:52 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

PacoST - awesome build and great combo! I did the same thing you did. Had a last minute add with sport design front & side skirts. Kept the standard rear end as well.
PacoST (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019 | 05:47 PM
thesasquatch
Advanced

PacoST - awesome build and great combo! I did the same thing you did. Had a last minute add with sport design front & side skirts. Kept the standard rear end as well.

Same here! I wonder how many of us think the Sport Front fascia looks far better but the STANDARD rear bumper is better!? I personally think the sport rear bumper is ugly as it puts the license plate right smack in the middle of the rear bumper and breaks up the gorgeous lines of the back end.
Old 10-29-2019 | 06:33 PM
PacoST
Intermediate

Tnx
To be honest i think that on the cars with darker colors ,like blue ;black etc the standard front spoiler is ok because is all black and blends in ,but with brighter colors like white ,chalk etc i think front sport spoiler is better because it has more color to it and divides black into 3 parts.
But the front lip i will paint in black because it looks much better.
Old 10-29-2019 | 07:08 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PacoST
Tnx
To be honest i think that on the cars with darker colors ,like blue ;black etc the standard front spoiler is ok because is all black and blends in ,but with brighter colors like white ,chalk etc i think front sport spoiler is better because it has more color to it and divides black into 3 parts.
But the front lip i will paint in black because it looks much better.
I felt the same way. Especially black.. I do however plan to keep my front lip white. I think it keeps the lines from the front flowing into the side skirts, and into the rear fascia that has white on the bottom as well.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!