Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 08:30 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Received 824 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by jkautz
Can anyone confirm what material the light silver diamar is that goes with all the upgraded trim options such as leather, carbon fiber, and leather?? Is it just another plastic but lighter? Or is it a metal material?
lets hope its anything but plastic! Metal would be pretty cool... aluminum, etc..
Old 10-25-2019, 08:31 PM
thesasquatch
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 992Sam
I just wonder where else there is extra leather as this is a $1200 option.. I hope it's more than just the cubby
  • Door panel inlays in Leather
  • Center console inlay in Leather
(Taken directly from the configuration page as I'm doing my final order right now)

Whether it shows-up enough to be worth it or not.. who knows.
The following users liked this post:
992Sam (10-25-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 08:33 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

lets hope its anything but plastic! Metal would be pretty cool... aluminum, etc..
It looks like it is aluminum based off others photos of the handle.

if it is anything other than plastic. ANY trim upgrade will be worth that $1200
992Sam (10-25-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 08:43 PM
kayleia
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts

I've been trying to figure out what the "light silver diamar" is but I think it's aluminum. It feels very nice, cool to the touch, it doesn't feel like plastic.
992Sam (10-25-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 08:45 PM
darkknight26
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by kayleia
I've been trying to figure out what the "light silver diamar" is but I think it's aluminum. It feels very nice, cool to the touch, it doesn't feel like plastic.
Agree. Probably aluminium and much better than the plastic offering in the 991.2 (I had carbon then)
Old 10-25-2019, 09:21 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by darkknight26
Agree. Probably aluminium and much better than the plastic offering in the 991.2 (I had carbon then)
Originally Posted by kayleia
Thank sweet baby Jesus!
Old 10-25-2019, 10:23 PM
Gando
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyone else here have a production slot locked in for October, only to be told that there is a stop order on SPASM??
My dealership here in Melbourne have been less than clear about this, as I was simply told they got a notification from Porsche
that the SPASM will not be available. When I asked them is this permanent or what, was simply told "don't know". Now I see
it is indeed available, and I will be stuck with a non SPASM car!
Considering I specked the car with Sport Chrono, Carrera exclusive design wheels (painted black) and Ceramic brakes, in my mind,
the further 10mm reduction in ride height was critical to the look and performance of the car! Now it seems I am being asked to be
stuck with a 911 CS2 Macan!
To say I'm disappointed is a massive understatement. Last I heard from my dealership was, "give us a couple of days, and we will see what we can do".
What on earth can they do? Apparently the car is on a boat already, and should be here in December.
Any advice from anyone on what I can do about this, would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:39 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gando
Anyone else here have a production slot locked in for October, only to be told that there is a stop order on SPASM??
My dealership here in Melbourne have been less than clear about this, as I was simply told they got a notification from Porsche
that the SPASM will not be available. When I asked them is this permanent or what, was simply told "don't know". Now I see
it is indeed available, and I will be stuck with a non SPASM car!
Considering I specked the car with Sport Chrono, Carrera exclusive design wheels (painted black) and Ceramic brakes, in my mind,
the further 10mm reduction in ride height was critical to the look and performance of the car! Now it seems I am being asked to be
stuck with a 911 CS2 Macan!
To say I'm disappointed is a massive understatement. Last I heard from my dealership was, "give us a couple of days, and we will see what we can do".
What on earth can they do? Apparently the car is on a boat already, and should be here in December.
Any advice from anyone on what I can do about this, would be greatly appreciated.
Refuse the car and reorder
Old 10-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Gando
Intermediate

A: Is that even legally possible?
B: If so, waiting another 6 months....
Literally lost sleep over this...lol!
Old 10-26-2019, 12:36 AM
rhr992c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Gando
A: Is that even legally possible?
B: If so, waiting another 6 months....
Literally lost sleep over this...lol!
If the car doesn’t match your order and they didn’t inform you SPASM was missing before it was built, they should definitely let you order another car. They can sell your car. I would hope it wouldn’t come to whether or not you are “legally” entitled to refuse the car.... that’s bad business when the mistake was theirs.

I feel your pain and completely understand the lost sleep. After 3 issues with my car, the last being paint damage that happened during transportation or delivery process, I am waiting for another car. There’s more details in my paint damage thread. My new one will be built mid December and is scheduled to arrive mid Feb.

If you are not happy with the car, don’t force yourself into taking it. It’s a lot of money and you have to get what you want and be happy. The extra wait will be easier to forget than compromising on the car you want.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:38 AM
Simonl72
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 35 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by jkautz
It looks like it is aluminum based off others photos of the handle.

if it is anything other than plastic. ANY trim upgrade will be worth that $1200
I will have a look on Monday collection, I think it was £700 upgrade but it does finish the look for me. The trim looked to be aluminium from memory, like I said it was pouring with rain so just a quick look. Can’t wait to see it in showroom condition as it certainly looked like it’d sat at the port for a few weeks, which it had.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:53 AM
Gando
Intermediate

WOW. Just went through your "paint damage thread". Could actually feel your pain while reading! Ultimately, I have to congratulate you for definitely making the right decision. Question is, am I man enough to make the same decision. As I said in my original post, this is my first Porsche, and went all out with it. Devastated that such a key aesthetic part of it is missing. Going in to the dealership on Monday to have a "chat" about possible solutions, but can't see a way around it. One option they are exploring is having the system fitted at the dealership end prior to delivery. Don't know yet if this is even possible, but if so, still don't know how I feel about having local guys strip apart brand new car and install SPASM as good as factory install.
Either way, will post Monday with which way I go. Could be in this "waiting room thread" for a lot longer than was hoping me thinks...
rhr992c4s (10-28-2019)
Old 10-26-2019, 08:55 AM
Gando
Intermediate

WOW. Just went through your "paint damage thread". Could actually feel your pain while reading! Ultimately, I have to congratulate you for definitely making the right decision. Question is, am I man enough to make the same decision. As I said in my original post, this is my first Porsche, and went all out with it. Devastated that such a key aesthetic part of it is missing. Going in to the dealership on Monday to have a "chat" about possible solutions, but can't see a way around it. One option they are exploring is having the system fitted at the dealership end prior to delivery. Don't know yet if this is even possible, but if so, still don't know how I feel about having local guys strip apart brand new car and install SPASM as good as factory install.
Either way, will post Monday with which way I go. Could be in this "waiting room thread" for a lot longer than was hoping me thinks...
Old 10-26-2019, 01:05 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 285 Posts

^^Simonl72 - what color is your interior?
Old 10-26-2019, 01:10 PM
Simonl72
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
^^Simonl72 - what color is your interior?
Its called Island green/ black two tone.

I think I heard it’s been renamed to Iceland green now though

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!