Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 05:48 PM
JiminyGl!ck
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dhirm5
Oh ****. I thought you were just being a dick. Then I clicked it. 🤢
Get it together, son.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:50 PM
JiminyGl!ck
Banned

Originally Posted by GuardsRed992
Finally locked in my 992 V2 in Guards Red. Build in June, expected delivery in August
Wow, it looks like our cars might be close together and I'm also GR. I wonder if that's a coincidence. My lock is in 30 days, built in early July and in my hands in September.
The following users liked this post:
GuardsRed992 (05-02-2022)
Old 04-30-2022, 06:51 PM
GoCards67
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by frunk
Finally got my track your dream link, says it’s under production now. When or where do they post the pictures I’ve seen others post during the production?

thanks
Every so often in the Porsche App/link... Instead of checking the Track Your Dream link.. Click Discover Current Phase. That's where the pictures are IF there are any. I don't think everyone gets pics. I happened to get 3.
Old 04-30-2022, 09:02 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by gellie
Wait until next week. When the Dow drops another 2000 points. ADM will be down to 10K and dropping.
Perhaps...but maybe next week they'll increase the starting price by $6-7k for MY23, still barely have allocations, and have a 6+ month lead-time for the small amount of allocations they get! I'm not the biggest fan of ADMs either, unless it drastically reduces a wait time, as in this case.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:17 AM
undersky2
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

My 992 got on Grand Champion on 4/30 destined for Benecia California!! Woohoo
Old 05-01-2022, 02:12 AM
Fieryavenger
8th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

992 GTS on the Grand Champion as well, but the schedule shown above doesn’t show the Grand Champion as headed to Benicia.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:55 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,085 Likes on 647 Posts

It's been fun.
PECATL delivery was a screaming bargain for the cost. What a fun time! And the car is well on its way to finishing the break in period as a bonus.
I'll add a delivery thread with more pics when I catch up with mowing. The Truffle and chalk stitching works very well together and the Paldao trim was much darker (and a better match IMO) than the sample the dealer had.

The following 2 users liked this post by Keadog:
famous shoes (05-01-2022), Go Bruins (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 06:48 PM
Newport IRL
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Fieryavenger
992 GTS on the Grand Champion as well, but the schedule shown above doesn’t show the Grand Champion as headed to Benicia.
https://www.stenaglovis.com/app/uplo...nsatlantic.pdf
The following users liked this post:
Fieryavenger (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 08:39 PM
JiminyGl!ck
Banned

Originally Posted by Keadog
It's been fun.
PECATL delivery was a screaming bargain for the cost. What a fun time! And the car is well on its way to finishing the break in period as a bonus.
I'll add a delivery thread with more pics when I catch up with mowing. The Truffle and chalk stitching works very well together and the Paldao trim was much darker (and a better match IMO) than the sample the dealer had.

Very nice car, congrats. Two things:
  1. Love the wheels! I also chose the Turbo wheels for my build and they look great on yours. Such an iconic Porsche look, guaranteed to turn heads. All these other morons on here debating which color Spyder wheel to get, not realizing that they shouldn't be getting those wheels at all
  2. Can you speak a little more to the PEC ATL experience? I really wanted to get PEC LA but that's not possible any more. Was the delivery experience something you enjoyed? Any other pics you can share? I can still switch my option and might do PEC ATL.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:12 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JiminyGl!ck
Very nice car, congrats. Two things:
  1. Love the wheels! I also chose the Turbo wheels for my build and they look great on yours. Such an iconic Porsche look, guaranteed to turn heads. All these other morons on here debating which color Spyder wheel to get, not realizing that they shouldn't be getting those wheels at all
  2. Can you speak a little more to the PEC ATL experience? I really wanted to get PEC LA but that's not possible any more. Was the delivery experience something you enjoyed? Any other pics you can share? I can still switch my option and might do PEC ATL.
1. Thanks. I had ordered a ‘15 TT and I liked everything about that car but the PDK. The wheels are a bit of a PIA to clean but the look is nice. I liked the look of the Sport Classic wheels but didn’t want to pay extra for cast wheels. Exclusives look great but need to be painted IMO. That left the Turbo wheels. As a bonus, it seems that not many people order them.

2. The experience was extraordinary. For the price, I believe they must be losing money. I’ll be posting a thread with more pics as a thank you in a day or so, but this long weekend has been a whirlwind. I just got back from the airport dropping off my son for his flight to LA - the poor guy has to work tomorrow after a 9 hour drive yesterday. And my dear wife has to follow me 100 miles to the detailer tomorrow for its “spa week”. I’ll post more pics and details when the dust settles. In brief, if you have the time and can drive home (or ship) from Atlanta, don’t pass it up. If I order another car, it’s a must do…
In short, not to be missed if you have (or can make) the time.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:23 PM
JiminyGl!ck
Banned

Originally Posted by Keadog
1. Thanks. I had ordered a ‘15 TT and I liked everything about that car but the PDK. The wheels are a bit of a PIA to clean but the look is nice. I liked the look of the Sport Classic wheels but didn’t want to pay extra for cast wheels. Exclusives look great but need to be painted IMO. That left the Turbo wheels. As a bonus, it seems that not many people order them.

2. The experience was extraordinary. For the price, I believe they must be losing money. I’ll be posting a thread with more pics as a thank you in a day or so, but this long weekend has been a whirlwind. I just got back from the airport dropping off my son for his flight to LA - the poor guy has to work tomorrow after a 9 hour drive yesterday. And my dear wife has to follow me 100 miles to the detailer tomorrow for its “spa week”. I’ll post more pics and details when the dust settles. In brief, if you have the time and can drive home (or ship) from Atlanta, don’t pass it up. If I order another car, it’s a must do…
In short, not to be missed if you have (or can make) the time.
The time for PEC ATL delivery is not an issue. I'm just not looking forward to driving it all the way back home (unfamiliar roads, I would need multiple hotels with good parking, etc.). I am in Las Vegas so it would be quite the drive back. I suppose shipping is an option but most carriers won't accept any liability for, well, anything. It just seems easier to do a dealership delivery
Old 05-02-2022, 07:39 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JiminyGl!ck
The time for PEC ATL delivery is not an issue. I'm just not looking forward to driving it all the way back home (unfamiliar roads, I would need multiple hotels with good parking, etc.). I am in Las Vegas so it would be quite the drive back. I suppose shipping is an option but most carriers won't accept any liability for, well, anything. It just seems easier to do a dealership delivery
I've used Intercity in the past without any problems, but I suppose something can always go wrong. We only had a 9.5 hour drive, so I would definitely do it again.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:58 AM
JeepJLU2020
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Do I really just have 2 days til freeze date?

Old 05-02-2022, 09:54 AM
Metro
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dhirm5
oh - well cool, then. this is what your code PNF62AA7 shows for me -- which is a straight nope:

The code is correct, but the picture is definitely wrong. If I look at the German configurator web site, it shows black wheels, not golden. I can't explain, why you see it in a different color. The configuration text explains: 20-/21-Zoll RS Spyder Räder in Schwarz (seidenglanz) 46J which (Schwarz = black)

Last edited by Metro; 05-02-2022 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:30 AM
Blkrse
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

I am still waiting patiently my delivery date was June 10th , now it moved to June 17th , I guess supply

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!