Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 02:18 PM
rhr992c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 243 Posts

In Canada, cars that arrived at dealerships over the last couple of weeks are being held for some type of battery related recall.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:34 PM
AFis
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello! Does anyone have any news regarding CARB certification? Despite writing to several Porsche NA execs, and pestering my SA, no one seems to have any news.

Continue to be at a complete loss at Porsche's lack of basic delivery information given these cars have been pilling up at port, waiting release, for more than a month now.

Can't help but interpret this as a complete incompetence by Porsche, coupled now with the arrogance in keeping clients (and dealers) in the dark, knowing full well our anticipation (and now anxiety) for delivery.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:42 PM
fstgtbtl
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got a text from my SA to say mine is in and i can pick it up on wednesday. Here are a few pictures :-)

The following 3 users liked this post by fstgtbtl:
G650 (09-16-2019), JHesketh (09-17-2019), trichef1 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 04:34 PM
emarcus923
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CARB states - any news?

Anyone waiting for delivery in CARB states hear anything about cars being released from port?
Old 09-16-2019, 04:35 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by emarcus923
Anyone waiting for delivery in CARB states hear anything about cars being released from port?
Just placed a call to my dealer. Will update whenever he gets back to me. My car is arriving at the port this afternoon. Getting anxious!
Old 09-16-2019, 06:43 PM
AFis
Intermediate

Wish we did. Been desperately trying to get some news from Porsche corporate and my dealer. This is what I emailed (and posted here) last Friday:

- - - -

As with many of you, been waiting and waiting and waiting on any word about CARB status. According to my SA, with whom I have a 25+ year relationship, PCNA is not sharing any information. Accordingly I felt compelled to send the following email today to several of the PCNA execs through the online portal here: https://contact.porsche.com/usa/dial...ion/contactus/

Not meaning to start a deluge of complaint letters to PCNA, but find it utterly inexcusable that they would not seek to communicate with their clients (or dealers!) knowing full well our excitement and anticipation, along with (like me) a need to know when you'll have a car to "get around" in. In any event, here is what I wrote:

Kindly forward to:
Mr. Klaus Zellmer, CEO, PCNA
Mr. Joe Lawrence, COO, PCNA
Mr. Trevor Arthur, Area VP, West PCNA
Mr. Angus Fitton, VP Public Relations, PCNA
Mr. Simon Kuhnimhof, VP Customer Experience, PCNA

Through your DTLA dealership, I secured one of the first production slots (#2206946) for USA model 992C4S. This car has been produced, shipped, and now sitting at the Port of San Diego since August 13, awaiting CARB certification.

Despite numerous inquires to my sales advisor, it seems no one can give me (or him) an indication as to when my car will be delivered. Though I am sympathetic to the regulatory process involved with the State of California, I am at a loss at the complete lack of communication between Porsche, its dealers, and its customers as to where you are in the process? Not a single word in the full month since my car's arrival! I even sold my current auto based on your delivery schedule, one that has now been revised at least three or four times with no end in sight, or understanding as to what is happening!

I cannot help but interpret the lack of communication as a sign of incompetence or, at least, as a resolute lack of care by the management at PCNA. Is my business and long tenure with Porsche simply taken for granted or not valued?

So here I am at a crossroads as to what to do next. Despite the passion and loyalty I've shared with Porsche going back to my first 930 Turbo in 1986, and continuing through 33 years and seven 911's, I find myself now at a loss IF I should move on to another, better organized, more communicative and appreciative brand or continue to wait and wait and wait?

In any event, the courtesy of a reply - one which shares more concrete information on the delivery of the car I ordered - is requested.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:00 PM
NigelPlays
Racer

Received 228 Likes on 96 Posts

Release date is Fall 2019. They are still on time with your car. IF your car is over a month late then i would ask questions.

Enjoy life. No need to worry
Old 09-16-2019, 07:05 PM
purples
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AFis
Hello! Does anyone have any news regarding CARB certification? Despite writing to several Porsche NA execs, and pestering my SA, no one seems to have any news.

Continue to be at a complete loss at Porsche's lack of basic delivery information given these cars have been pilling up at port, waiting release, for more than a month now.

Can't help but interpret this as a complete incompetence by Porsche, coupled now with the arrogance in keeping clients (and dealers) in the dark, knowing full well our anticipation (and now anxiety) for delivery.
I'm in California and taking PEC delivery. Appointment dates started with October 1. When booking, I was told by PCNA that PEC adds 2-3 weeks onto delivery time, so I'm guessing cars will be released any day, or at the very latest, October 1, since that's the earliest appointment I could book.

This is my first Porsche, but I also bought my fifth Mercedes a couple months ago and the difference in communication and customer service is mind-boggling. Mercedes has always gone above and beyond for me, and it feels like Porsche doesn't give a **** about their customers. I spent the last 9 months asking for info and was completely ignored. Didn't even know until last week that my car had been built and shipped over months ago.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:15 PM
AFis
Intermediate

Indeed been waiting and then some. My car arrived port of SD on August 13, and been waiting for CARB release ever since.

I'm in Los Angeles where my car was slated for delivery Aug 30. This date has been since pushed to Sep 6, 13, and now 20. As today is the 16th, it will most likely be pushed out yet again - all the time without any acknowledgement from Porsche. Per my SA (whom I have a 25 relationship), even it's dealers are in the dark, with questions remaining unanswered by PCNA VP for West Cost, Trevor Arthur.

Can't help but feel that withholding of basic information on the status of a $150,000+ car is pure incompetence and/or arrogance on the management at Porsche. If anyone has a direct email to the execs at PCNA, please share it. I would certainly like to reach out as their approach (or lack of one) does nothing but aggravate an already charged situation. After 33 years as a Porsche loyalist and enthusiast, I now find myself questioning the relationship.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:24 PM
trichef1
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine is sitting in Jacksonville port with the same issue. I called Porsche NA and they confirmed the “battery issue”. Porsche is expecting to release the car on 9/27 ... I’ll believe it when I see it.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:30 PM
mathus7
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by AFis
Indeed been waiting and then some. My car arrived port of SD on August 13, and been waiting for CARB release ever since.

I'm in Los Angeles where my car was slated for delivery Aug 30. This date has been since pushed to Sep 6, 13, and now 20. As today is the 16th, it will most likely be pushed out yet again - all the time without any acknowledgement from Porsche. Per my SA (whom I have a 25 relationship), even it's dealers are in the dark, with questions remaining unanswered by PCNA VP for West Cost, Trevor Arthur.

Can't help but feel that withholding of basic information on the status of a $150,000+ car is pure incompetence and/or arrogance on the management at Porsche. If anyone has a direct email to the execs at PCNA, please share it. I would certainly like to reach out as their approach (or lack of one) does nothing but aggravate an already charged situation. After 33 years as a Porsche loyalist and enthusiast, I now find myself questioning the relationship.
See other thread on Rennlist " CARB State Status". One post says CARB is happening today with deliveries starting on September 20. I also hear that official allowed sales in CARB states is September 20. This is not confirmed information so must be considered speculation until confirmed.
The following users liked this post:
AFis (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 08:45 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Once everyone starts taking deliveries.. all will be forgiven
The following users liked this post:
NigelPlays (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 08:58 PM
Zeus Das
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 30 Posts

Beautiful car Peterhz. Are you in Fl?
Old 09-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Nottoworry
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

My new 911 was just built on 9/11. Is that good cause it’s a 911 born on 9/11 or bad cause, well....it’s 9/11. Deep thoughts as I wait....
Old 09-16-2019, 09:38 PM
JMO1805
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottoworry
My new 911 was just built on 9/11. Is that good cause it’s a 911 born on 9/11 or bad cause, well....it’s 9/11. Deep thoughts as I wait....

Haha...that’s awesome man. Mine completed production on 9/11 as well. Can’t say that I made that connection as you did.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!