Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 06:57 PM
AFis
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

As with many of you, been waiting and waiting and waiting on any word about CARB status. According to my SA, with whom I have a 25+ year relationship, PCNA is not sharing any information. Accordingly I felt compelled to send the following email today to several of the PCNA execs through the online portal here: https://contact.porsche.com/usa/dial...ion/contactus/

Not meaning to start a deluge of complaint letters to PCNA, but find it utterly inexcusable that they would not seek to communicate with their clients (or dealers!) knowing full well our excitement and anticipation, along with (like me) a need to know when you'll have a car to "get around" in. In any event, here is what I wrote:

Kindly forward to:
Mr. Klaus Zellmer, CEO, PCNA
Mr. Joe Lawrence, COO, PCNA
Mr. Trevor Arthur, Area VP, West PCNA
Mr. Angus Fitton, VP Public Relations, PCNA
Mr. Simon Kuhnimhof, VP Customer Experience, PCNA

Through your DTLA dealership, I secured one of the first production slots (#2206946) for USA model 992C4S. This car has been produced, shipped, and now sitting at the Port of San Diego since August 13, awaiting CARB certification.

Despite numerous inquires to my sales advisor, it seems no one can give me (or him) an indication as to when my car will be delivered. Though I am sympathetic to the regulatory process involved with the State of California, I am at a loss at the complete lack of communication between Porsche, its dealers, and its customers as to where you are in the process? Not a single word in the full month since my car's arrival! I even sold my current auto based on your delivery schedule, one that has now been revised at least three or four times with no end in sight, or understanding as to what is happening!

I cannot help but interpret the lack of communication as a sign of incompetence or, at least, as a resolute lack of care by the management at PCNA. Is my business and long tenure with Porsche simply taken for granted or not valued?

So here I am at a crossroads as to what to do next. Despite the passion and loyalty I've shared with Porsche going back to my first 930 Turbo in 1986, and continuing through 33 years and seven 911's, I find myself now at a loss IF I should move on to another, better organized, more communicative and appreciative brand or continue to wait and wait and wait?

In any event, the courtesy of a reply - one which shares more concrete information on the delivery of the car I ordered - is requested.

Sincerely,

Last edited by AFis; 09-13-2019 at 08:22 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by AFis:
mathus7 (09-13-2019), mfcdvm (09-14-2019), Roblis (09-21-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 07:45 PM
darkknight26
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnallys
Keep the stripe - class.

tried IE and unity with it, tried every browser on windows 10 and Mac, Frustrated. Maybe a UK thing?
I'm in the UK too and it works.

Windows 10 latest version.
1. Shut down IE
2. Uninstall the current Unity player (probably v5x if you followed the instructons to upgrade) in 'remove programs'
3. Download and install Unity offline webplayer v4.7.0f1 from here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/offl...allers.367715/
4. Restart IE.
5. Waste many hours on the 3D configurator...
The following users liked this post:
Sheikh (09-14-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 10:52 PM
yamurc
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I too am disappointed at PNA lack of communication, their arrogance is unbelieveable. After we get our cars, if ever, we will be deluged with surveys.
I am more convinced they have no idea of the CARB status or they have problems.
In any case we should receive some accommodation for the delay. July was original quoted delivery.
CARB problems must be serious as they have 1/4 billion dollars worth of 992s they can't invoice.
AFis (09-14-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 11:38 PM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by AFis
As with many of you, been waiting and waiting and waiting on any word about CARB status. According to my SA, with whom I have a 25+ year relationship, PCNA is not sharing any information. Accordingly I felt compelled to send the following email today to several of the PCNA execs through the online portal here: https://contact.porsche.com/usa/dial...ion/contactus/

Not meaning to start a deluge of complaint letters to PCNA, but find it utterly inexcusable that they would not seek to communicate with their clients (or dealers!) knowing full well our excitement and anticipation, along with (like me) a need to know when you'll have a car to "get around" in. In any event, here is what I wrote:

Kindly forward to:
Mr. Klaus Zellmer, CEO, PCNA
Mr. Joe Lawrence, COO, PCNA
Mr. Trevor Arthur, Area VP, West PCNA
Mr. Angus Fitton, VP Public Relations, PCNA
Mr. Simon Kuhnimhof, VP Customer Experience, PCNA

Through your DTLA dealership, I secured one of the first production slots (#2206946) for USA model 992C4S. This car has been produced, shipped, and now sitting at the Port of San Diego since August 13, awaiting CARB certification.

Despite numerous inquires to my sales advisor, it seems no one can give me (or him) an indication as to when my car will be delivered. Though I am sympathetic to the regulatory process involved with the State of California, I am at a loss at the complete lack of communication between Porsche, its dealers, and its customers as to where you are in the process? Not a single word in the full month since my car's arrival! I even sold my current auto based on your delivery schedule, one that has now been revised at least three or four times with no end in sight, or understanding as to what is happening!

I cannot help but interpret the lack of communication as a sign of incompetence or, at least, as a resolute lack of care by the management at PCNA. Is my business and long tenure with Porsche simply taken for granted or not valued?

So here I am at a crossroads as to what to do next. Despite the passion and loyalty I've shared with Porsche going back to my first 930 Turbo in 1986, and continuing through 33 years and seven 911's, I find myself now at a loss IF I should move on to another, better organized, more communicative and appreciative brand or continue to wait and wait and wait?

In any event, the courtesy of a reply - one which shares more concrete information on the delivery of the car I ordered - is requested.

Sincerely,
\
You would think that VAG would have the process nailed being that CARB has been around since the 90s. i can only assume the whole dieselgate scandal has caused them issues.
AFis (09-14-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 11:55 PM
mathus7
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

The lack of communication is not acceptable. Also, the dealers are not being aggressive in pressing Porsche NA for information. This is an insult to customers who have placed orders for a $ 150k auto. I order many items as pre-orders and even for $ 100 orders I get status and delay explanations. Porsche should be ashamed for such lack of respect for customers. I am a retired senior exectutive of a Fortune 500 company and at that firm heads would roll for such lack of respect for customers. Shame on Porsche. They owe customers an explanation. My 992 has been in port in California since June 11. Ordered Jan9 and built in early April.

Last edited by mathus7; 09-14-2019 at 09:33 AM.
AFis (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 11:43 AM
mathus7
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by jkautz
Anyone know why they pulled the sport design side skirts from the 992 build? It used to be on there but it’s gone now. I wanted to add the sport design front fascia and side skirts with the standard rear bumper.
It appears that the side skirts are available as an aerobit dealer installed option. Following is a link to the product on Suncoast Porsche web page.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU992SSILLS.html
Old 09-14-2019, 11:53 AM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by mathus7
It appears that the side skirts are available as an aerobit dealer installed option. Following is a link to the product on Suncoast Porsche web page.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU992SSILLS.html
Thank you! But all is good. A few days ago they came back up.. finally. I had them added onto my build. Wooo!
Old 09-15-2019, 10:18 PM
Peterhz
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally took delivery of this midnight blue C2S wicked beast on Saturday! All the reviews, road reports and photos do not do this car justice. This car is absolutely everything and more. You guys still waiting are in for a treat!

The following 6 users liked this post by Peterhz:
JHesketh (09-16-2019), moomin (09-16-2019), neurorad (09-15-2019), purples (09-16-2019), Sebvelez (09-15-2019), Vandakter (09-15-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-15-2019, 11:17 PM
Skaf
Track Day

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

The fact that cars are now finally being delivered is good news, congrats to everyone who's gotten theirs! My car left Germany on 09/06, hopefully the CARB approval process is complete before it arrives here in CA.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:10 AM
soguinness
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterhz
I finally took delivery of this midnight blue C2S wicked beast on Saturday! All the reviews, road reports and photos do not do this car justice. This car is absolutely everything and more. You guys still waiting are in for a treat!

Looks awesome!! Congrats!

It seems you’ve got the standard Mojave interior. Right? How do you like it? Can you share a few more phtos from the interior? I am torn between standard and full interior.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:31 AM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 419 Posts

Old 09-16-2019, 01:16 AM
Slingray
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Went for a Jan 2020 delivery.

P.S. anyone want to buy a 2017 991.2 GTS?

Price for equipment:

63,140.00 A$

Description
No.

Price

Price

Base price 911 Carrera 4S Coupé

Price for Equipment

63,140.00 A$

Exterior Colour

Jet Black Metallic
2T

0.00 A$

Interior Colour

Leather Sport-Tex Black with "Checker Flag" interior
TA

8,350.00 A$

Exterior

Electric slide/tilt sunroof
3FD

3,550.00 A$

SportDesign front apron Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
2D4

5,370.00 A$

Protective foil front Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
ASV

4,340.00 A$

SportDesign sideskirts Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
VR4

2,220.00 A$

Electric folding exterior mirrors including courtesy lighting
6XV

710.00 A$

‘PORSCHE’ logo in Black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
KQ2

550.00 A$

Deletion of model designation
0NA

0.00 A$

Drive train / Chassis

8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
G1G

0.00 A$

Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
1P7

6,750.00 A$

Rear-axle steering
0N5

4,720.00 A$

Sports exhaust system (incl. sports tailpipes in Silver) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
0P8

5,470.00 A$

Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch and Porsche Track Precision App
8LH

4,890.00 A$

Lifting system front axle
2UH

5,070.00 A$

Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), -10 mm
1BV

1,970.00 A$

Wheels

20/21-inch Carrera Classic wheels

2,400.00 A$

Comfort and assistance systems

ParkAssist incl. Surround View
KA6

2,170.00 A$

Interior

Light design package
QQ1

1,000.00 A$

Adaptive Sports seats Plus (18-way, electric) with memory package
Q1J

2,120.00 A$

Alcantara interior

Heated multifunction GT sports steering wheel Alcantara®
2ZF

1,490.00 A$

How do you like to proceed?

Old 09-16-2019, 09:55 AM
Eugene45
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey all, so I spoke with the sales manager at Porsche Beachwood in Ohio this past Saturday morning asking why my 992 was still stuck at the port. He informed me that the second production batch were waiting on a part that was going to be installed at the port before being released. He said this didn't affect the first and third production runs, just the second (of course).

He didn't have much more info other than it was probably something minor if the other two production runs were cleared. They have roughly five Porsche 992's waiting (as of this past Saturday)

Does anyone else have more info on this? What is the part this affected batch is waiting on? How long might the wait be? I'm in Ohio and the clock is ticking with these last remaining weeks of nice weather. Would really like to take delivery this week. Once the car actually arrives at the dealership I was planning on having the clear coat applied to the front as well as getting 50% tint on the windows but I'm now thinking of holding off so I can just get the car already and do that later.

Last edited by Eugene45; 09-16-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Don't Ask 992 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 12:29 PM
SK991.2
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 115 Posts

Sound like I’m in the same boat as you...
My 992 arrived Houston 8/31 and stuck at port for “quality inspection” ..mine is one of several stuck there while others have left port to dealers..
PNA won’t tell dealer what delay is
Eugene45 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 01:54 PM
Eugene45
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SK991.2
Sound like I’m in the same boat as you...
My 992 arrived Houston 8/31 and stuck at port for “quality inspection” ..mine is one of several stuck there while others have left port to dealers..
PNA won’t tell dealer what delay is
so frustrating. I'm guessing it's something incredibly minor. I don't want to be annoying to the dealership but feel like calling every day to get updates. Anyone else stuck in this situation?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!