Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 04:33 PM
marclorenzo
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bread Pitt
What a beauty! Is that GT Silver? My build looks very similar to yours except for no side skirts and no sunroof. Please post photos when yours arrive!
It is GT Silver... Thank you! I will definitely post more pics when it comes!
Old 10-05-2021, 04:57 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 375 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
Why do you think the RCC Europe does not depart until 10/15? Is that what your S.A. has told you? I'm informed from my S.A. that it should be leaving very soon, and certainly by the end of the week. Keep in mind that the estimated dates on TYD are always a Friday (with the exception of the ultimate delivery date). TYD is then updated with the "actual" date after the event has occurred. For what it's worth, TYD shows my car on the RCC Europe, with a 10/8 "on vessel" date.
It's from my SA that just looked it for me up in the internal dealer system, not from TYD (I do not have that as I am waiting on a Macan GTS and TYD not offered). Oct 15 is just the listed scheduled departure date and of course these dates can always improve or delay. Not unusual for a ship to sit a while especially if it was a near empty on arrival and getting a full load. A good example is the Siem Aristotle that will be heading to the East coast. It has been in Port Emden since Sept 23 and is still there.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:57 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Why do you think the RCC Europe does not depart until 10/15? Is that what your S.A. has told you? I'm informed from my S.A. that it should be leaving very soon, and certainly by the end of the week. Keep in mind that the estimated dates on TYD are always a Friday (with the exception of the ultimate delivery date).
TYD is then updated with the "actual" date after the event has occurred. For what it's worth, TYD shows my car on the RCC Europe, with a 10/8 "on vessel" date.
You're absolutely right - and the SA must just be going by the "expected date" in the PSVM system (which by default is 3 weeks after arrival in Emden). RCC Europe has been at Emden since the evening of October 3rd. It should depart by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:02 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by meyecul
It's from my SA that just looked it for me up in the internal dealer system, not from TYD (I do not have that as I am waiting on a Macan GTS and TYD not offered). Oct 15 is just the listed scheduled departure date and of course these dates can always improve or delay. Not unusual for a ship to sit a while especially if it was a near empty on arrival and getting a full load. A good example is the Siem Aristotle that will be heading to the East coast. It has been in Port Emden since Sept 23 and is still there.
The RCC Europe's scheduled departure date was yesterday. It will be leaving in the next day or so. Siem Aristotle (and Siem Confucius, Siem Plato) are different animals..... they are liquid natural gas powered and they spend much longer at Emden's port after their round trips. Refueling must be much more complicated, and they may have other maintenance requirements - but not unusual for those ships to spend a week to 10 days at Emden. Traditional ships generally make the turnaround in 3 or 4 days.

Your dealer is referring to the expected departure date shown in their PSVM system - and those dates are the same as are shown in TYD. By default the departure from Emden is shown as "expected" around 3 weeks after arrival at Emden, and the expected dates are always Fridays.
The following users liked this post:
Go Bruins (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 05:31 PM
2022_992
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts

@dgtarga My TYD changed to CP8.0 > Ready for Transport > In Transit to Emden in a span of a few hours today. If it reaches Emden before RCC Europe departs - in your best guess, how likely do you think mine gets on the ship?
Old 10-05-2021, 05:43 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2022_992
@dgtarga My TYD changed to CP8.0 > Ready for Transport > In Transit to Emden in a span of a few hours today. If it reaches Emden before RCC Europe departs - in your best guess, how likely do you think mine gets on the ship?
Unless delayed the RCC Europe should be departing in the next day or two - but things are not normal in the shipping world these days so anything is possible. If the RCC Europe is sitting at Emden waiting to get a full load I guess it would be a possibility, but I’d say it’s pretty unlikely.
2022_992 (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 05:58 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 571 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Unless delayed the RCC Europe should be departing in the next day or two - but things are not normal in the shipping world these days so anything is possible. If the RCC Europe is sitting at Emden waiting to get a full load I guess it would be a possibility, but I’d say it’s pretty unlikely.
From looking at the marine tracker (https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...53.336/zoom:16), the RCC Europe has two tugs and a pilot boat right next to it. They are not there for sightseeing. I figure it should be underway very soon. That tracker also shows that the ship has an ETA in Bremerhaven of 10/6. I assume there must be other cars to pick up there from the VW motor group?

Last edited by Go Bruins; 10-05-2021 at 06:03 PM. Reason: added something
Old 10-05-2021, 06:17 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 571 Likes on 256 Posts

From looking at the marine tracker (https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...53.336/zoom:16), the RCC Europe has two tugs and a pilot boat right next to it. They are not there for sightseeing. I figure it should be underway very soon. That tracker also shows that the ship has an ETA in Bremerhaven of 10/6. I assume there must be other cars to pick up there from the VW motor group?
Thar she blows! RCC Europe is underway.

Last edited by Go Bruins; 10-06-2021 at 10:01 AM. Reason: typo
MG997 (10-06-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 06:25 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 375 Likes on 209 Posts

AHH so good guys! Yes, he must have been going by that set schedule then So glad its in route. Now I wonder if I am on it. yikes!
Old 10-05-2021, 11:58 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

The siem Aristotle has been at port since 9/23….. it needs to start moving!!!!!
Mikster (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 08:56 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by meyecul
AHH so good guys! Yes, he must have been going by that set schedule then So glad its in route. Now I wonder if I am on it. yikes!
Your SA can tell you for sure if your car is on that ship - it shows up on their system the same way it shows up on TYD.
Old 10-06-2021, 11:51 AM
Mikster
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by speedyj
The siem Aristotle has been at port since 9/23….. it needs to start moving!!!!!
Yes indeed...and first stop, Halifax!

M
MG997 (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 12:23 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

My 22 Targa 4S was produced a week earlier than its V331 "Planned Date" and has been at Emden since 10/1. It shows V332 Exit port Emden of 10/22 and U022 Entry port Houston 11/12 and hoping for an earlier departure so it doesn't sit at Emden for three weeks before shipping. I haven't followed a Porsche shipping/delivery since my last Targa 5 years ago and I know there is someone on this forum that has access to the VW shipping schedules that show the ships and dates, so if someone has that available for the month of October, I would sure appreciate seeing that. I do have the Marinetraffic app.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:34 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sfy1505
My 22 Targa 4S was produced a week earlier than its V331 "Planned Date" and has been at Emden since 10/1. It shows V332 Exit port Emden of 10/22 and U022 Entry port Houston 11/12 and hoping for an earlier departure so it doesn't sit at Emden for three weeks before shipping. I haven't followed a Porsche shipping/delivery since my last Targa 5 years ago and I know there is someone on this forum that has access to the VW shipping schedules that show the ships and dates, so if someone has that available for the month of October, I would sure appreciate seeing that. I do have the Marinetraffic app.
Your 10/22 departure from Emden is the default time of 3 weeks that Porsche uses for time spent at the port. It's usually a very conservative estimate. The attached is the latest provided by PWL Group. Not very helpful, as both of the pending ships (Goodwood and Felicity Ace) are "to be confirmed." The shipping logistics are a mess.....
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Volkswagen_Export_Schedule.pdf (44.9 KB, 89 views)
Old 10-06-2021, 12:51 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

Thank you dgtarga! I guess that I will locate where Felicity Ace and Goodwood are located now, to see when they are scheduled to arrive in Emden...How far out does Porsche let you know which ship your car is scheduled to be loaded onto? And is that shown on TYD or do I have to get the full report from my dealer? This is all been a little frustrating because originally I was scheduled to take ED in Zuffenhausen on 10/26 and that got cancelled. Still going to Germany, just going to travel via trains, not my Targa.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!