Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 12:52 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 281 Posts

Felicity Ace and Goodwod are loitering near Emden it seems and that is their next destination.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:59 PM
Mikster
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Thescout13
Nice!

Where from (or who did you use to make them) if you don’t mind me asking?
You can also get some from here, they have a boatload of styles, brand new just launched:

https://selectionrs.com/en/porsche-new-products

M

Old 10-06-2021, 01:06 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by sfy1505
Thank you dgtarga! I guess that I will locate where Felicity Ace and Goodwood are located now, to see when they are scheduled to arrive in Emden...How far out does Porsche let you know which ship your car is scheduled to be loaded onto? And is that shown on TYD or do I have to get the full report from my dealer? This is all been a little frustrating because originally I was scheduled to take ED in Zuffenhausen on 10/26 and that got cancelled. Still going to Germany, just going to travel via trains, not my Targa.
The name of your ship will show up on TYD ("on vessel" milestone) when your car is assigned to the ship, and that doesn't generally doesn't show up until the ship is moored at Emden.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:33 PM
westsiderkg
Banned

Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts

Well....TYD states as of today my 911, as ordered back in May, is finally produced!

However, I don't see a vehicle production photo? Where do I go for that please?

Under the TYD multi step, ump-teen day by day production line tabs it shows produced and ready for transit.

However, under the 4 step "My Vehicles" tab it still shows ready for production, step 2.

Don't know if that matters and thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Fyi, U.S. based purchase / delivery.

Last edited by westsiderkg; 10-06-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:49 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,449 Likes on 2,807 Posts

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Your 10/22 departure from Emden is the default time of 3 weeks that Porsche uses for time spent at the port. It's usually a very conservative estimate. The attached is the latest provided by PWL Group. Not very helpful, as both of the pending ships (Goodwood and Felicity Ace) are "to be confirmed." The shipping logistics are a mess.....

I’ve stopped looking at this. Once upon a time, this was a reliable way to predict shipment. Not anymore. Even if you get the car shipped early, whether or not it will have TPMS and how long it will take for that to show up for installation is variable.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:55 PM
rickd
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Go to the Home section of your My Porsche page and select the Discover Phase link. Once the car has finished production, it will show up in there. Give it a few days as there's a bit of lag by the time they update it but you should see it.
Old 10-06-2021, 03:03 PM
westsiderkg
Banned

Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by rickd
Go to the Home section of your My Porsche page and select the Discover Phase link. Once the car has finished production, it will show up in there. Give it a few days as there's a bit of lag by the time they update it but you should see it.
Thanks, maybe I'm jumping the line...it's not there now, hopefully it will update soon, appreciate the help!
The following users liked this post:
rickd (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 03:08 PM
rickd
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Once it updates you to Phase 3, it will be in there. If you are in 2 and TYD shows production complete, it should be any day now.
Old 10-06-2021, 03:46 PM
911Castle
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 140 Posts

Take this for what its worth. My car sat at the factory for 5 weeks before shipping to Emden. BUT, my SA showed me the screen where my car has NO pending items. Meaning if your car is produced and made it to Emden and is missing any equipment, your SA can see it as all items will have a specific code. My theory is that Porsche is, across the board holding cars where it makes the most sense based on shipping and parts delivery expectancy. Some at the factory, some at Emden, some at delivery port processor instead of just letting them all pile up in one place???
Old 10-06-2021, 03:55 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 571 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Castle
Take this for what its worth. My car sat at the factory for 5 weeks before shipping to Emden. BUT, my SA showed me the screen where my car has NO pending items. Meaning if your car is produced and made it to Emden and is missing any equipment, your SA can see it as all items will have a specific code. My theory is that Porsche is, across the board holding cars where it makes the most sense based on shipping and parts delivery expectancy. Some at the factory, some at Emden, some at delivery port processor instead of just letting them all pile up in one place???
All very reasonable assumptions. My car also sat at Emden for 5 weeks. It's now on the RCC Europe. But there are still delays to come. I'm doing PEC delivery. It's scheduled 5 weeks after the ship docks in Benicia. That was the first date available. Thrilled that it's closer. But the delays are endless. By the time I get my Targa 4, it will be 8 months from order and V200 status to delivery.
Old 10-06-2021, 04:58 PM
rowsey
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

OK, my car (Targa 4s) arrived at Emden on 10/01 and it now shows as ON the SIEM ARISTOTLE...... I am so happy I could burst! My SA says there are no "missing parts" so it should be shipped out as soon as it reaches Jacksonville! This has been a 6 month process but hopefully it will end by the end of this month!
Go Bruins (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 05:20 PM
laurenxesq
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
All very reasonable assumptions. My car also sat at Emden for 5 weeks. It's now on the RCC Europe. But there are still delays to come. I'm doing PEC delivery. It's scheduled 5 weeks after the ship docks in Benicia. That was the first date available. Thrilled that it's closer. But the delays are endless. By the time I get my Targa 4, it will be 8 months from order and V200 status to delivery.
That is great news!!!!
Go Bruins (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 05:32 PM
2022_992
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Well....TYD states as of today my 911, as ordered back in May, is finally produced!

However, I don't see a vehicle production photo? Where do I go for that please?

Under the TYD multi step, ump-teen day by day production line tabs it shows produced and ready for transit.

However, under the 4 step "My Vehicles" tab it still shows ready for production, step 2.

Don't know if that matters and thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Fyi, U.S. based purchase / delivery.
In a very similar situation. My car finally finished production yesterday (10/5) and eagerly waiting for those first pictures but the phase hasn’t changed to 3 yet. It’s already in transit to Emden and my final delivery date moved up by a week from 12/3 to 11/26.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:58 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 375 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by dgtarga
Your SA can tell you for sure if your car is on that ship - it shows up on their system the same way it shows up on TYD.
Unfortunately at the moment still no update in the Porsche System on my car. It shows Oct 15 as the date it leaves Emden and no other updates as of today. I agree this Oct 15 date that was generated to my schedule was likely by default but still very strange that two west coast bound ships have come into Emden since my car arrived there on Sept 21 and yet, the system according to my SA is not showing it’s on either boat. I am not aware of any other ships coming in soon that will be going to San Diego so I hope it’s just a glitch that has not updated yet and I am in fact on one of these ships.

Last edited by meyecul; 10-06-2021 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:56 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by rowsey
OK, my car (Targa 4s) arrived at Emden on 10/01 and it now shows as ON the SIEM ARISTOTLE...... I am so happy I could burst! My SA says there are no "missing parts" so it should be shipped out as soon as it reaches Jacksonville! This has been a 6 month process but hopefully it will end by the end of this month!
your car shows “on vessel”?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!