Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 06:54 PM
bigmoney
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Another delay

Just got word that my Turbo cab has been delayed another 2 weeks, 1 month total.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:10 PM
Gators-Go
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

My car arrived in Emden on 4/28 and today shows on vessel 5/21 on Siem Confucius. I just tracked the ship and it’s moored in Emden right now. I’m wondering if my coupe makes this ship. Track Your Dream is still down for me as well.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:06 PM
ribold01
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gators-Go
My car arrived in Emden on 4/28 and today shows on vessel 5/21 on Siem Confucius. I just tracked the ship and it’s moored in Emden right now. I’m wondering if my coupe makes this ship. Track Your Dream is still down for me as well.
Gators-Go, I would think this is your ride and we’ll be shipmates. My C2S arrived in Emden 4/23 and will hop on here to Jacksonville. My TYD updated earlier today to say Siem Confucius on the On Vessel tab.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:11 PM
Gators-Go
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

My C2 is headed to Porsche Naples. Where will yours end it’s trip?
Old 05-05-2021, 10:16 PM
ribold01
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gators-Go
My C2 is headed to Porsche Naples. Where will yours end it’s trip?
Atlanta
Old 05-06-2021, 04:53 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 825 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
It depends on when your allocation lands for delivery date and also on the options of the car in case you select either paint to sample or special wishes. PTS has only a certain time of the year for paint, typically Feb/March. so even if you get an allocation in the next month, should you select PTS, the car's delivery roughly will be in 10 months to a year or so. Standard or metallic upgraded colors have a shorter paint cycle. You may get lucky and get a late 2021 delivery. Again it all depends on where your allocation falls. Based on current climate one can only remain hopeful. All this said I waited a year and half for mine. Good luck!
Patience is a good thing in this search for 992 for those who have been successful sourcing cars IMHO. Also a bit of elbow grease and determination as finding cars has been difficult...not like walking into your nearest dealership saying hey what ya got for me to test drive or purchase. Some dealers have NOTHING on the lot and have had so for months. Weird market for sure these past 12+ mos.
Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Where are you guys seeing allocations for C4s's in the northeast?

Very disappointing here in PA. Went to both dealers, each said expect a 2023...but wouldn't really even commit to that.

Is it really that bad, or are they just padding themselves?

What are other C4s allocaters seeing in terms of wait time to atlease secure a spot to start building?

Thanks...😊
C4S allocations are like zebras and unicorns now I hear...Targa's are more rare at least for 2021's. Hoping when 2022's are released it gets better. But man...not surprised you are having issues. Last one I saw was in July 2020 at my dealer when he looked for mine. Think they may have had ONE or TWO since. But then again we're in a sunny/tropical state/place so likely a reason too but think that is the same in the lower 48 as well from what I've heard.
Originally Posted by westcoastj
So I reached out to a couple of other dealerships and while they won't give me a firm commitment, they seem confident that they can get me an allocation sooner that what I was quoted by the first dealer. However, because the first dealer already put in a demand order, they're telling me Porsche doesn't like it when a customer creates more than one order. Second dealership (which is a premier dealership) will only create an order for me if I cancel with the first one. Third dealership (smaller dealership), says they will keep my name on the list without creating order and will call me once they confirm an allocation is available. The small dealership seems quite motivated. They think allocations will start to be released later this month. If I'm lucky, I might get the car at end of the year before our federal government implements a luxury car tax on top of my provincial luxury car tax...
Dealers can see the demand order IF they look I think. Most dealers don't like customers cross shopping for their custom ordered cars as it puts them in the position of less leverage and bargaining power normally however given the scarcity and overall weirdness of finding an open allocation now a days and over the past now 8+ mos in the 992 community....my current and former SA's say they understand the practice now is common. Mostly cause there are so little cars and allocations and no way to know who has what for the general customer unless you have a relationship with them or are on a list or prior owner, etc.

BTW the tax will not be on the luxury car itself but the owner making north of $400k/year likely. Remember these are luxury sports cars costing 6 figures! Pay to play I guess... LOL

Originally Posted by fty
Spoke with a Dealer here in NY in regards to ordering, he said one of the big concerns regarding delays is the Microchip shortage. He informed me my car would most likely be a 2022, with a delivery time from placing the order to receiving the vehicle would be about 12-18 months. He tried to steer me away from the Aero Kit, as he had seen some delays and quality concerns (paint match), its kind of a must have for me. Debating on placing the order now or rolling the dice next year. It does give me something to look forward to, I still have the Cayman to scoot around in.
Word on Microchip shortage is that its real...and its affecting all automakers. Most are defering certain lines of production for other models to keep things moving AND also have something for their dealerships to sell. Maycan and Taycan shifts for Porsche. BMW has moved to the new 4 series, Ford and Chevy moved others forward in their production timelines. All seems to have altered production schedules with some closures and shut downs. Estimates last on open source are about 1.5 million less cars produced in 2021 due to lack of chips. Some are looking to home source their chips...Tesla I heard maybe looking to do so to meet demands. Next up is rubber I hear and Suez canal ship blockage also along with COVID19 continuing issues still slowing things down. Lots to digest...and bunch of screwdrivers to throw into the works on multiple levels!

As for 992s. Aerokits especially seem to be continuing ways to to get your order canceled and/or pushed far to the right into infinity and guarantee you don't get a car anytime soon. PTS is the other one that will push you to the right on the calendar also! Others include trying to stick with your local 1-2 dealers...who have no cars and everyone in state and within surrounding states as well as now across the lower 48 seeking the same allocation and according to my SA and a few former ones I've talked to customers thinking they're ordering a 911 like its 1999 (like the Prince song 1999) and discounts galor exist and things such as European delivery are easily done and accomplished. Nope...come back in 12-24 mos...maybe! SMDH
Originally Posted by dgtarga
No doubt that it would be a 2022 at this point in time. If you know you're going to go for a 992, why not put in an order and get in line for an allocation? Allocations are extremely tight as everyone knows so it's only going to get worse over time. What effect the microchip shortage has is an unknown but it seems that as of now, Porsche has put the burden on new Macan and Cayenne orders, trying to keep other lines moving as well as possible. But other supply chain issues are also causing problems. And if you want the Aerokit go for it. As I understand it the previous issue was again a supplier issue which for now has been resolved.
My advice and that of my SA is IF you have to have a car soonest avail...find one and get in line or possibly get lucky and get an allocation. They are so short now of them...all '21s are almost gone for the most part and most are waiting on '22's....so if you find one grab it IF you MUST HAVE A CAR and worry about price and your ego of getting a discount and such later. Unless of course the deal is totally unreasonable...if so then they'll have issues selling the car to other reasonable buyers also but it will likely sell in the end in today's market.
Originally Posted by JCZ5
Porsche does not take deposits, it is up to the individual dealers whether to take deposits for waitlists or not. I have experienced some dealer who do take deposits for waitlists to increase their working capital. But other more pragmatic dealers do not, knowing it is essentially worthless if they cannot promise you a car. However, once you do receive an allocation, you will be asked to provide a deposit.

And in most States, if not all, there is no legal binding requirement to take your deposit and not return it to you if an order is cancelled.
Yeah deposit isn't binding in the US and legally they have to return it. Good lawyers I've talked to said as much. Dealer can ask and mine did given the demand last Summer/Fall and said it was refundable expect for a small fee if I canceled for no cause/reason. Also many will ask for a larger deposit if you're ordering the Ronald McDonald theme colors or Green Lantern or something so unusual they'd get stuck trying to sell it if you backed off. Porsche as said has NO policy on the deposits since each dealership is an individual business enterprise. So if varies. Given current lack of inventory even those who normally take deposits are backing off cause they have not cars to sell and thus money tied up with no car in sight just frustrates both buyers and staff. Like an endless riddle sort of...
Originally Posted by JMW911
Vehicle fixed 02/23/2021 Vehicle exit production 03/08/2021 Exit Port Emden 04/15/2021
Just off the truck at Dealership 05/05/2021.
Will post pic's in New Owners thread Post delivery. Good luck to all waiting.

Congrats and enjoy...another satisfied Porsche owner!
The following 5 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
Go Bruins (05-06-2021), Graufuchs (05-13-2021), oneof5 (05-06-2021), por356 (05-06-2021), westcoastj (05-07-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 08:02 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

The previous post is about as comprehensive and spot-on as I've read. Thanks, mdrobc1213!

If I can emphasze anything, it's keep looking, be nimble, and don't expect a discount. As I've noted, I hit the lottery two weeks ago when I snagged an allocation for a 2022 Targa 4. Thanks to Rennlist, I saw a post that one was available out of state (PA). I was doing PEC-LA delivery so it didn't matter to me. I'm not locked in with an allocation, early September delivery, and a freeze date in 3 weeks. I'm constantly tinkering with my order but now I'm pretty settled. I didn't expect to pay anything other than MSRP, but was gifted a 1k discount. Out my way, a local dealer wanted 20k ADM for a Targa, and 10k for a base or S. Just nuts! Had I not decided immediately to proceed, it would have been gone. So, keep looking, get ready to pounce, and then take it if you find it.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:00 PM
por356
Racer

Received 382 Likes on 149 Posts

Finally scheduled to board the RCC Europe in the next day or 2, arriving in Benicia, CA on 6/11.

Anyone else on the RCC Europe?
Old 05-06-2021, 03:05 PM
Optimist
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

TYD updated overnight for me, car is on SIEM Confucious and delivery date just dropped from 6/4 to 5/21, so in the final stretch
Old 05-06-2021, 03:05 PM
DrewTJ50
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by por356
Finally scheduled to board the RCC Europe in the next day or 2, arriving in Benicia, CA on 6/11.

Yep!
The following users liked this post:
por356 (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 05:29 PM
Daft Chief
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by por356

Same here! My original delivery date was 7/23 so I'm pretty enthused by the news.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:41 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,391 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Guys waiting on their cars coming into Benicia can watch the ship come in

The following 4 users liked this post by smiles11:
MadDog_ (05-15-2021), Matthew Cuomo (05-06-2021), por356 (05-06-2021), ribold01 (05-06-2021)
Old 05-07-2021, 06:06 PM
bmclaurin
Instructor

Received 222 Likes on 67 Posts

Well look what just happened on my TYD page...

The following 8 users liked this post by bmclaurin:
Daft Chief (05-07-2021), Doc_Ad (05-08-2021), doug_999 (05-07-2021), German1967 (05-07-2021), Go Bruins (05-08-2021), MadDog_ (05-15-2021), oneof5 (05-08-2021), sanford (05-07-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-07-2021, 06:36 PM
timjab
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Optimist
TYD updated overnight for me, car is on SIEM Confucious and delivery date just dropped from 6/4 to 5/21, so in the final stretch
My little red carrera is now aboard the Confucius with you. So close I can smell it!
The following 3 users liked this post by timjab:
Daft Chief (05-07-2021), ribold01 (05-07-2021), sanford (05-07-2021)
Old 05-07-2021, 09:13 PM
formisano
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

I joined the club last month. I'm currently in V250, waiting for production to begin. This is a 2021 model.

Really basic C2 build in Aventurine Green, with just Sport Chrono, GT Sport Wheel, and Sports Seats Plus.

The following 4 users liked this post by formisano:
admiraltarkin (05-08-2021), Go Bruins (05-08-2021), sanford (05-07-2021), westcoastj (05-07-2021)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!