Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 10:33 PM
oneof5
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 10 Posts

Geeez this is maddening..haha but fun..so I've changed the interior color to black with chalk stitching because it looks like the slate grey is too light in online photos and videos but then I am seeing the slate grey with chalk interior and that looks sweet! My lock in date is April 14 so I still have some time but not actually being able to see these colors in real life is causing the issues..and no way for me to be able to do that..anyone has any input for how dark/light the slate grey is would be helpful and whether the chalk interior would be to much light/blending for the already Carrara White Metallic exterior? Thanks.http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPXESN4
Old 03-21-2021, 11:15 PM
ribold01
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Great build, oneof5! Love the red accents on the interior.
The following users liked this post:
oneof5 (03-22-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 11:22 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Now this would suck:
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-final-voyage/
Old 03-21-2021, 11:35 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,945 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by oneof5
Geeez this is maddening..haha but fun..so I've changed the interior color to black with chalk stitching because it looks like the slate grey is too light in online photos and videos but then I am seeing the slate grey with chalk interior and that looks sweet! My lock in date is April 14 so I still have some time but not actually being able to see these colors in real life is causing the issues..and no way for me to be able to do that..anyone has any input for how dark/light the slate grey is would be helpful and whether the chalk interior would be to much light/blending for the already Carrara White Metallic exterior? Thanks.http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPXESN4
I'm going thru the same dilemma of black or slate grey w/ chalk stitching. I went to the dealer to check out the combinations in person and I think the grey/chalk stitching looks pretty good... but the black w/ chalk stitching definitely looks more dramatic and better to my eyes due to the greater contrast. However, with your build, I'd go slate grey/chalk stitching because you have a targa and I'd prefer a lighter interior w/ a convertible or targa to keep the interior cooler. This depends on where you live. I'm in AZ and I know that black interior would definitely get too hot to touch w the top open.

Also, you spec'd the aluminum trim which comes w/ the brighter aluminum surrounds and door pulls. I find that the stock dark aluminum w/ slate grey makes everything look too monotone so, in your case w. the bright aluminum trim, it would contrast nicely w/ a slate grey interior.

The slate grey w/ chalk interior looks good too, though I would be concerned w/ keeping it clean if you keep the top open frequently. Also, I think your instinct is right in that a white exterior and chalk interior may be a bit too matchy matchy and something w/ more contrast between interior and exterior color would be better.
oneof5 (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 12:50 AM
oneof5
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 10 Posts

The car would be in between Vegas and San Diego, mostly San Diego..so yeah black would be hot as Hades in summer and spring..it wouldn't be a daily driver for a few more years so I'm not too concerned with the keeping it clean as a good once over after a few drives with a leather cleaner would be fine..I originally started with all slate grey and chalk stitching but the contrast with black certainly looks better, black does hide dirt and stains better too..my Cayenne has all black interior and it just seems a bit boring and does get hot. Maybe black or slate grey interior with chalk deviated seat centers!

Last edited by oneof5; 03-22-2021 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:37 PM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 124 Posts

Progress!
The following 3 users liked this post by jnkirk1974:
ddelallata (03-23-2021), RayC168 (03-23-2021), westcoastj (05-03-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 09:01 PM
Dan Lange
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My C2 was just “release to carrier” today, according to my SA. The car arrived at the Baltimore port on 20th, thus it appears there is not an ‘at port’ software update delay for the 911s. So that’s good news.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan Lange:
chong0 (03-23-2021), RayC168 (03-23-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 09:28 PM
Biersmith
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Lange
My C2 was just “release to carrier” today, according to my SA. The car arrived at the Baltimore port on 20th, thus it appears there is not an ‘at port’ software update delay for the 911s. So that’s good news.
My car was on the Goodwood too and delivered to Baltimore. TYD shows my car at the Jacksonville port still on the ship.......
Old 03-23-2021, 09:46 PM
flyfisher
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Biersmith
My car was on the Goodwood too and delivered to Baltimore. TYD shows my car at the Jacksonville port still on the ship.......
Mine too.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:34 PM
RayC168
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Dan, would you mind sharing what state your car is going to? My car was on the Goodwood as well, and it's going to PA.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:02 AM
becauseitis
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I'm going thru the same dilemma of black or slate grey w/ chalk stitching. I went to the dealer to check out the combinations in person and I think the grey/chalk stitching looks pretty good... but the black w/ chalk stitching definitely looks more dramatic and better to my eyes due to the greater contrast. However, with your build, I'd go slate grey/chalk stitching because you have a targa and I'd prefer a lighter interior w/ a convertible or targa to keep the interior cooler. This depends on where you live. I'm in AZ and I know that black interior would definitely get too hot to touch w the top open.

Also, you spec'd the aluminum trim which comes w/ the brighter aluminum surrounds and door pulls. I find that the stock dark aluminum w/ slate grey makes everything look too monotone so, in your case w. the bright aluminum trim, it would contrast nicely w/ a slate grey interior.

The slate grey w/ chalk interior looks good too, though I would be concerned w/ keeping it clean if you keep the top open frequently. Also, I think your instinct is right in that a white exterior and chalk interior may be a bit too matchy matchy and something w/ more contrast between interior and exterior color would be better.
it is great to have these issues to ponder/ struggle with. My suggestion is go with your first impression, that is usually the best
oneof5 (03-24-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 08:24 AM
ImpliedPlot712
Track Day

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts
Default C4S order placed

Officially waiting!

Order placed 3/5, freeze date of April 20th, delivery estimate of early July:
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PMRFWRD3

Anyone know how long it typically takes TYD to reflect the latest order config?

Old 03-24-2021, 02:15 PM
Biersmith
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpliedPlot712
Officially waiting!

After the freeze date. Then the rest of the future dates will fill in also.
ImpliedPlot712 (03-27-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 02:52 PM
chong0
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpliedPlot712
Officially waiting!

it took about 24 hours to see a change in TYD after submitting a change to the dealer.

unlike most on RL, I've found TYD to be pretty good. There was mention that TYD only updates on Friday, but Ive found it to update almost real-time, including vessel departure. Now currently "on vessel" and watching the "distance to porsche dealer" decrease hourly, which seems like TYD also has vessel tracking.
ImpliedPlot712 (03-27-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 03:02 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 161 Posts

Hi everyone,

Just placed my order and received the Comm. number a half hour later! I agonized over the configurator for months as the number of allocations dwindled. Initially I was looking at a GT4 but decided a 992 would meet my needs better, as a daily and weekend fun, not track. GT4 became impossible so that made my decision easier!. Have a Jeep Wrangler Altitude JLU for Chicago winters so no need for 4S. Must have manual so C2S was my only choice.

Was told my car is the last 992 my dealer expects to get for a long time!
Loeber in LIncolnwood, IL was awesome to work with. Its my 3rd car from them, and I also have a new Cayenne in process with them. Highly recommended!

Dealer arrival is slated for June 18, 2021; seems fast based on others' experience so hopefully its accurate.

How do I access TYD?

Configuration: PMEQJAE8 for those interested, summary here:

992 2S Agate Grey,
7 speed, Sports chrono
standard black interior
Premium pkg.: Bose, ventilated seats, surround view, power folding mirrors, ambient, LCA, storage
Sport pkg. Manual, PASM Sport, sports exhaust tips black,
Glass sunroof
extended range tank
20/21 Carrera S wheels, painted Jet black metallic
sports seats plus (4 way)
heated steering wheel
crests on seats

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!