Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 03:24 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by wasabi4
A 5-6 month wait after a deposit doesn't always equal someone being strung along by a dealer. I think right now with the way the production line is affected by SARS-CoV2, an order taking this long is not unprecedented.
Sure but he should at least have a commission number then...if not TYD...
The following users liked this post:
wasabi4 (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 04:37 PM
BlitzedTT
Racer

Received 157 Likes on 82 Posts

Joining the waiting room in Orlando, FL.

Neither of my local dealers had any C2S allocations available (or that they were willing to give me) so I had to expand my search a bit.
Put an order demand deposit down with an SA who was willing to give it a shot, and Porsche confirmed it at the end of October.
Not sure if he was pulling my leg, but my SA said it was the only one that they received, so feeling very "fortunate"

Freeze date is end of January. Hoping to see my C2S sometime in April.

Hope we don't run into any delays!
dgasmd (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 04:46 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 498 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by gohawks23
Sure but he should at least have a commission number then...if not TYD...
Agreed without a commission number you really do not have anything. A dealer might have customer one who he has offered the allocation to but string you, customer 2, along so that if customer one disappears on him dealer knows that he has you as back up. If customer one takes the allocation then you get a very apologetic phone call stating that they did not get the allocation they were hoping for and their deepest apologies but that you are next in line for the next allocation - not sure there is an easy way around it other than to develop a relationship with SA. I have worked with SA's that I could see doing this. My current SA is an amazingly straight up guy and I feel that if he offered me an allocation it would be real.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:42 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

Apparently I am one of the many not getting any pictures, sigh. Today is 10 days after production completion according to TYD and the car has been on Viking Bravery for 3 days scheduled to arrive in San Diego on Dec 28th. The "discover current phase" is still showing my car as scheduled for production and hasn't changed since Nov 8th. The good news is I shouldn't have any delays from CARB issues once it arrives in San Diego with Arizona being a non CARB State. Stay healthy everyone.

Of course as soon as I mention this I get an update. Discover your phase says production complete. And they posted this picture which I doubt is mine. My car is Chalk this looks white but a closer look and it is Chalk. Funny how they cover any items that could be recognized as your build...headlights, ACC, interior, wheels, Targa Bar. But regardless, I'm happy it's on it's way.

Last edited by Muhney; 11-30-2020 at 05:16 PM.
atl1glf (12-01-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 04:43 PM
kpblade
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
Apparently I am one of the many not getting any pictures, sigh. Today is 10 days after production completion according to TYD and the car has been on Viking Bravery for 3 days scheduled to arrive in San Diego on Dec 28th. The "discover current phase" is still showing my car as scheduled for production and hasn't changed since Nov 8th. The good news is I shouldn't have any delays from CARB issues once it arrives in San Diego with Arizona being a non CARB State. Stay healthy everyone.
I'm on the Viking Bravery as well, for Benicia, and then to PECLA. TYD just updated to "Production Complete" but no pictures either. Viking Bravery currently moored in Bremerhaven with next stop in Rotterdam scheduled for 12/1.

Last edited by kpblade; 11-30-2020 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:17 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kpblade
I'm on the Viking Bravery as well, for Benicia, and then to PECLA. TYD just updated to "Production Complete" but no pictures either. Viking Bravery currently moored in Bremerhaven with next stop in Rotterdam scheduled for 12/1.
Nice, we are shipmates. Hopefully they stay on schedule or actually get in early.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:22 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Nice, we are shipmates. Hopefully they stay on schedule or actually get in early.
My picture popped up about 20 mins after my email.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:26 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

My picture popped up about 20 mins after my email.
congratulations!
Muhney (11-30-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 04:51 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by photonscience
Oh, those gorgeous, P.I.A., RS Spyder wheels. Had them on my 2018S. Highly recommend Sonax Wheel Cleaner, (went through a case of the stuff)
Thank you...yes keep two bottles on the car detail shelf with all of the other products for those car wash weekends! It works great...but will also probably remove them and add C5 Ceramic coat on them to help also or something like Rejex to help. But they looked so good had to get them on my order vs more common Black Carrera wheels lots go with.
Originally Posted by wasabi4
Here's my TYD

Placed my deposit on 15NOV2020 and here's my TYD as of today.
A 5-6 month wait after a deposit doesn't always equal someone being strung along by a dealer. I think right now with the way the production line is affected by SARS-CoV2, an order taking this long is not unprecedented.
You my friend had an allocation and commission # thus the TYD invite! . Lots of folks don't get that later part but are told they have an allocation!
Originally Posted by craig66
Agreed without a commission number you really do not have anything. A dealer might have customer one who he has offered the allocation to but string you, customer 2, along so that if customer one disappears on him dealer knows that he has you as back up. If customer one takes the allocation then you get a very apologetic phone call stating that they did not get the allocation they were hoping for and their deepest apologies but that you are next in line for the next allocation - not sure there is an easy way around it other than to develop a relationship with SA. I have worked with SA's that I could see doing this. My current SA is an amazingly straight up guy and I feel that if he offered me an allocation it would be real.
Yes have seen that happen...the deposit for a chance to get a car or spot. My dealer had an allocation to give for my car but it was taken the day before by another SA...however since they had taken possession of my trade the day prior [the open allocation was supposed to be held and mated against my 991.1S trade]; I still came in and gave them my build the following day [Sat] and my SA went out in search of an allocation and traded for one and got one that following week. However given the lack of customer spec car allocations avail from Porsche NA currently I can see quite a few SA's taking deposits against hopes of one coming forth in 2021 at some places. But as many say best thing to do is to call around and be willing to go out of state and/or have an SA willing to do so who knows the Porsche playing field well and where some may be hiding out. Good luck all...
Old 12-01-2020, 01:16 PM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

It is officially my last day going into TYD.

The following 7 users liked this post by dribar:
atl1glf (12-01-2020), Master Deep (12-02-2020), mdrobc1213 (12-02-2020), Muhney (12-01-2020), Musclecarmarcus (12-03-2020), ryandarr1979 (12-02-2020), smiles11 (12-01-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-01-2020, 01:21 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by dribar

Congrats! You might consider taking delivery just like that before dealer mistreats paint...I am...taking straight to pro detailer/front PPF shop!
Old 12-01-2020, 01:24 PM
TRIPLEBLK1
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 88 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by TRIPLEBLK1:
Bluehighways (12-01-2020), Master Deep (12-02-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 01:25 PM
TRIPLEBLK1
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 88 Posts

Congratulation. My 2021 C2S will be arriving in a few months maybe we can meet up and take a drive together?
Master Deep (12-02-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 02:15 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

Of course as soon as I mention this I get an update. Discover your phase says production complete. And they posted this picture which I doubt is mine. My car is Chalk this looks white but a closer look and it is Chalk. Funny how they cover any items that could be recognized as your build...headlights, ACC, interior, wheels, Targa Bar. But regardless, I'm happy it's on it's way.

It’s the internet. That picture is likely a lot closer to your actual vehicle than the photos I’ve seen on dating sites compared to the actual person I end up meeting. The weight is probably closer too.

So I have a commission number for a vehicle scheduled to arrive at the dealership 2/5 and something in writing from my dealership but nothing on TYD. So far I’ve gone in circles twice with Porsche and my dealership but still nothing. The SA is going to fire off an e-mail to try and resolve it. He says it’s the new system’s fault. The Porsche agents in Mozambique and India say it’s the dealer, the SA says it’s Porsche. The problem may be I already have a Porsche on My Porsche. Any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2020, 02:39 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
It’s the internet. That picture is likely a lot closer to your actual vehicle than the photos I’ve seen on dating sites compared to the actual person I end up meeting. The weight is probably closer too.

So I have a commission number for a vehicle scheduled to arrive at the dealership 2/5 and something in writing from my dealership but nothing on TYD. So far I’ve gone in circles twice with Porsche and my dealership but still nothing. The SA is going to fire off an e-mail to try and resolve it. He says it’s the new system’s fault. The Porsche agents in Mozambique and India say it’s the dealer, the SA says it’s Porsche. The problem may be I already have a Porsche on My Porsche. Any suggestions?
After a closer look, it could very well be mine. I ordered the black brake calipers and this one has them. The other items were not yet on the car. And a close up shows it's definitely Chalk.
I have 3 other Porsches on My Porsche.com and they did not affect TYD. FYI

Last edited by Muhney; 12-01-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!