Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 03:59 PM
kurquhart
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
Hey @kurquhart , TYD is showing my 911-T is leaving the port on 2/10/24. Based on your table above, it looks to be the nest vessel after Siem Confucius. Any idea what that vessel may be and if the data is available for that 2/10/24 departure and arrival into Benicia as I'm in the SF Bay Area so my destination will be Benicia?
TYD dates are not super accurate, so it could be any boat in that timeframe. Unfortunately, VW is not very good a posting updated shipping schedules. We are almost through week 4, but the latest posted is week 3. If you want to check for when new schedules are posted, go to https://www.pwl.de/en and scroll down to the ePortal section. Select TradeLane: US West and East Coast and Carrier: Volkswagen.

The following 2 users liked this post by kurquhart:
Spiffx (01-27-2024), zanary (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 04:14 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 685 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
I was surprised last night with an email from Porsche indicating my build is complete! I absolutely cannot wait... but will patiently try to.

Awesome config. Ours are very close, but I stuck with the regular Aero Kit (not in gloss black)...
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1230...l#post19239792
The following users liked this post:
Spiffx (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 05:16 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

Another Ruby Star Neo 911 T here and my journey to tracking has just begun! Hoping that Porsche decides to build the car earlier...

I told my SA to lock the order and he said once its submitted its basically out of their hands as I could see on the tracker my lock date is Feb.21

Spiffx (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 05:29 PM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 300 Posts

Rejoining this thread for my latest 992 order. This time a Targa 4S in PTS Oslo Blue over a Heritage Package - Classic interior. The next 4 months will feel like an eternity!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PRQWVE64

The following 5 users liked this post by Spiffx:
CamsPorsche (01-27-2024), freesole (01-27-2024), Jeff Whitten (01-27-2024), RatherJaded (05-14-2024), svkarl (01-28-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 05:33 PM
Spiffx
Pro

Originally Posted by kurquhart
TYD dates are not super accurate, so it could be any boat in that timeframe. Unfortunately, VW is not very good a posting updated shipping schedules. We are almost through week 4, but the latest posted is week 3. If you want to check for when new schedules are posted, go to https://www.pwl.de/en and scroll down to the ePortal section. Select TradeLane: US West and East Coast and Carrier: Volkswagen.
You can also email PWL asking for their latest schedule, and they usually respond quite quickly (when people ask nicely). Here are the email addresses of the ladies working on the schedule:

Schalk, Ingrid <Ingrid.Schalk@pwl.de>
Pauls, Melanie <melanie.pauls@pwl.de>
zanary (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 06:06 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 685 Likes on 316 Posts

@kurquhart one more question or you. If there is no date on the vessels currently shown for Benicia, then it's quite possible that it's not docking them to unload, so right now if my TYD date is showing 2/10 for departing, then it's not likely it can leave earlier, only later since those ships have no docking dates for Benicia... Would that be a correct assumption?
Old 01-27-2024, 06:15 PM
kurquhart
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
@kurquhart one more question or you. If there is no date on the vessels currently shown for Benicia, then it's quite possible that it's not docking them to unload, so right now if my TYD date is showing 2/10 for departing, then it's not likely it can leave earlier, only later since those ships have no docking dates for Benicia... Would that be a correct assumption?
I think that is accurate, yes. As a general rule, the ships go only to East or West coast. However, West coast ships occasionally make stops on the East coast. I have not heard of an East coast ship going to West, though.

Here is the latest Stena Glovis schedule for West coast. There may be other shipping companies, though. BTW, there is a separate thread going for West coast deliveries: https://rennlist.com/forums/west-us-...an-2024-a.html

zanary (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 09:38 PM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 428 Likes on 256 Posts

In the final production pictures, why do some cars, like @freesole ’s, have an excessive gap between the top of the front tire and the fender, while others, like @audi4t ’s, have a normal gap?

(By the way, congratulations @freesole and @audi4t !)

Originally Posted by freesole
Originally Posted by audi4t

Last edited by PSPorsche; 01-27-2024 at 09:42 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by PSPorsche:
audi4t (01-27-2024), dreamin11 (01-31-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 12:16 AM
defiant2
Instructor

Received 152 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by PSPorsche
In the final production pictures, why do some cars, like @freesole ’s, have an excessive gap between the top of the front tire and the fender, while others, like @audi4t ’s, have a normal gap?

(By the way, congratulations @freesole and @audi4t !)
Front axle lift engaged perhaps?
Old 01-28-2024, 12:31 AM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by defiant2
Front axle lift engaged perhaps?
It seems to be that way on quite a few cars.

But if you take a look at the "Left Front Axle Lift on Overnight" thread, Porsche explicitly tells users to not leave FAL activated while the car is parked (because it may damage the system's hydraulics). Can you imagine the stresses a FAL system would be exposed to if it were left active during shipping and transport? If the FAL is indeed left on by Porsche, perhaps this is the cause of the system failures some customers have been experiencing?

@freesole and @audi4t, if you guys are here, let us know if you ordered FAL on your cars?

Another possibility is, the front shocks have not had time to settle after manufacturing has completed?

Anyone have thoughts or other ideas on this?
pgap718 (01-29-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 12:33 AM
Spiffx
Pro

But if you take a look at the "Left Front Axle Lift on Overnight" thread, Porsche explicitly tells users to not leave FAL activated while the car is parked (because it may damage the system's hydraulics). Can you imagine the stresses a FAL system would be exposed to if it were left active during shipping and transport? If the FAL is indeed left on by Porsche, perhaps this is the cause of the system failures some customers have been experiencing?

@freesole and @audi4t, if you guys are here, let us know if you ordered FAL on your cars?

Another possibility is, the front shocks have not had time to settle after manufacturing has completed?

I think it’s an optical illusion on different colors.
EDIT: those two pictures also seem to have been taken from different angles. Perhaps two different areas with different cameras?

Last edited by Spiffx; 01-28-2024 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-28-2024, 01:17 AM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Spiffx
I think it’s an optical illusion on different colors.
EDIT: those two pictures also seem to have been taken from different angles. Perhaps two different areas with different cameras?
Humm…

Here’s mine, and it also seems to have the gap, I do have FAL, by the way.

But then again, my car is a darker color. May be it is an optical illusion that appears on darker cars, as you say?

Anyone have a production pic of a lighter car with FAL?

dreamin11 (01-31-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 01:19 AM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 321 Posts

See these two pictures. May not be resting fully on its wheels at this stage, or hasn’t rolled at all to compress the suspension. Similar to when you jack the car up in your garage and first set it down. I do have FAL. Looking through the pics in this thread most I could see look elevated.

Last edited by Jeff Whitten; 01-28-2024 at 01:28 AM.
Old 01-28-2024, 01:29 AM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeff Whitten
It may be the center platform it’s on is not fully lowered.
You may have solved the mystery!
(I didn’t get the “raised platform” photo).

Nice color and wheel selection 😀 !
Jeff Whitten (01-28-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 01:32 AM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 321 Posts

You may have solved the mystery!
(I didn’t get the “raised platform” photo).

Nice color and wheel selection 😀 !
I edited my post after because it looks like the center platform is fully lowered in the pic. But I think it just hasn’t rolled to settle the suspension.
PSPorsche (01-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!