Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2024, 02:39 AM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
I just exchanged my March 2024 build allocation with a June 2024 build allocation in order to get the Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior that I wanted.

Porsche had a stop sale on the Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior option for 911's with allocation "Fixed Dates" through Feb 2024. My March build had a fixed or Lock date of Feb 06, 2024 and thus my build was rejected by the factory.

Fortunately, my dealer had an open allocation with a fixed or lock date in May 2024, and we applied my build spec to that allocation and it was accepted. So I wait 2 additional months to get the interior that I would like!! I've chosen the Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior, Two Tone in Black over Cohiba Brown, which looks much lighter in person than what the configurator shows, and goes well with the Gentian Blue exterior......

I ordered the same interior (EM two tone Black over Cohiba) in October, my build was frozen December 21 and is due to be manufactured mid February. I don't understand why you experienced the build restrictions, very strange. I hope it is not an indication on how mine progresses through the build process. My delivery is projected in TYD for April 10,2024. I am going with the Aventurine Green Metallic exterior. This is going to be interesting.

Exclusive Manufaktur Black & Chobia Brown
The following users liked this post:
981KMAN (01-13-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 02:57 AM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
I think what CurryPuff is referring to is that under Optional Equipment, it doesn't list the chosen exterior color (plus my feedback that it doesn't list the interior seating selection). For exterior and seating options, it's only in the visual rendering on TYD. Just very strange that Porsche list a majority of the options but not key ones like exterior and interior seating colors even though you know they have that data.
This is what I mean and share the same gripes with TYD. Atleast I'm not alone in it!
Old 01-13-2024, 07:55 AM
photonscience
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 46 Posts

I don't see an 'Others' section when I view TYD under My Porsche, either. I see Optional Equipment and Technical Data sections only. BTW, it's interesting that in the Optional Equipment, they don't provide the choice of interior package (leather, color, etc.).
This "others" list I showed in my earlier email was one of the sub-topics at the end of the "Optional Equipment" list. Before Jan 1, the Optional Equipment section was correct (and no "others" appeared). I guess I'll ask my SA about it, but I'm sure he won't have a clue.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:15 PM
Aperture776
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by null
For those of you on the Glovis Comet (@Aperture776 , @Jeff Whitten , maybe @Vinch and any others), put together a quick time lapse of the ship transiting the Pedro Miguel and Miraflores locks this morning, before heading out to the Pacific. Wanted to get her entering the canal, but missed it while out on a run.

Figured I'd share in case anyone was interested - proof she's real and on her way!!
Thanks for sharing @null that was great
Old 01-13-2024, 12:27 PM
6172crew
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 66 Posts

TYD skipped the car carrier and just updated that my car arrived at the dealership.
My salesman kept the plastic on so we could see how she looked when it arrived. Houston port car, and was about 1 week late from the original date.
The following 4 users liked this post by 6172crew:
084runnerltd (01-13-2024), Icegrill (01-14-2024), Marin Vizsla (01-14-2024), zanary (01-13-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 04:15 PM
AJ_Judi
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

jbentley1018 (01-14-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 04:37 PM
084runnerltd
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 35 Posts

How soon after production completion did others have theirs on a barge?

My app says my production was completed and sent me a picture….but the app doesn’t indicate that the “production complete” stage has been checked off yet….

I am hoping the next update shows it already on a ship, sailing peacefully and not on fire to the US….

Old 01-13-2024, 04:41 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Earle
I ordered the same interior (EM two tone Black over Cohiba) in October, my build was frozen December 21 and is due to be manufactured mid February. I don't understand why you experienced the build restrictions, very strange. I hope it is not an indication on how mine progresses through the build process. My delivery is projected in TYD for April 10,2024. I am going with the Aventurine Green Metallic exterior. This is going to be interesting.

Exclusive Manufaktur Black & Cohiba Brown
Your build with the Aventurine Green will be spectacular! I went with the Gentian Blue for a brighter exterior. I think (guess) your order got in prior to the "stop sale" notice. Porsche may just be limiting these exclusive items to get caught up with a back log of sales??

My issue was the PAG Configurator showed the "Stop Sale" on this option for Fixed dates "until 02-2024". Thus my sales associate and I thought we were OK, as it should open up on Feb 1st, 2024. Yet once it was entered into their system it "failed". An email to PAG was returned with denied thru 02-2024. So, we needed to switch my allocation to one later than 02-2024 - fortunately my dealer had an open allocation that I could use.

The Cohiba Brown is lighter then what the configurator shows. Here is a picture I took when at the dealer (Gentian Blue - Cohiba Brown).
Computer Colors are still hard to accurately reproduce, yet its not far from reality on my screen......

Earle (01-13-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 06:13 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
Your build with the Aventurine Green will be spectacular! I went with the Gentian Blue for a brighter exterior. I think (guess) your order got in prior to the "stop sale" notice. Porsche may just be limiting these exclusive items to get caught up with a back log of sales??

My issue was the PAG Configurator showed the "Stop Sale" on this option for Fixed dates "until 02-2024". Thus my sales associate and I thought we were OK, as it should open up on Feb 1st, 2024. Yet once it was entered into their system it "failed". An email to PAG was returned with denied thru 02-2024. So, we needed to switch my allocation to one later than 02-2024 - fortunately my dealer had an open allocation that I could use.

The Cohiba Brown is lighter then what the configurator shows. Here is a picture I took when at the dealer (Gentian Blue - Cohiba Brown).
Computer Colors are still hard to accurately reproduce, yet its not far from reality on my screen......

The Gentian Blue and Cohiba Brown combination looks fantastic, I think you will be extremely happy with it! You are fortunate your dealer had a later allocation available to you. I was on a list with deposit in September and got one of two allocations in November.

I was looking at the Agate Grey or the Aventurine Green, the green one out. My interior was rather basic black until my wife said she is not a fan and thought the Cohiba brown was a much better choice, I have learned after almost 40 years of marriage that I should listen to her. I stepped up the game on the interior based on her recommendation. I think I chose wisely.

I have looked through many RL and google images for good photos of the EM black and Cohiba combination, I don't see many out there. My dealer did send me photos of the small color samples they had on hand, I agree the colors are just not the same as seeing them in person. I noticed the color of the Cohiba brown changes shade depending on the background in the configurator.
981KMAN (01-13-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 12:10 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 350 Posts

I hope these protests in Germany are resolved quickly and does not effect Porsche Lead-Times or Production Schedules, yet on the other hand, I agree that the effective Tax Increase on Agricultural Diesel Fuel is not the answer.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...right%20forces.

View this post on Instagram
  • Cities across Germany are now overwhelmed by massive convoys of tractors and trucks, as the German farmers and truckers mass mobilize their protest against the German government.
  • Today marks the third consecutive day of blockades and convoys, in protest of removing the tax exemption for Agricultural diesel, effectively resulting in a huge Tax Increase on diesel fuel.
  • In a related development, German railway employees have commenced a three-day strike, demanding higher wages and paralyzing rail traffic.
Old 01-14-2024, 01:31 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 145 Posts

Late Friday night, I was pleasantly surprised to get an email from Porsche that pics of the build are ready in TYD. For those who are anxiously wondering when their pics will arrive,
I’m still in Step 4 ( Mfg Process has Started ) with Step 5 ( Mfg Complete ) scheduled for next Thurs 01/18. I’m sure your mileage may vary with the pics. Step 4 was originally slated to start this past week but they pulled it early into 12/21. I assume the production planner brought it in due to people being out for the holidays.

Examining the elevator shot, in the tire lottery it appears my C4S ended up with the Goodyear Eagle F1s. Other observation is that amber side markers are default even though I spec’d the Mfg Exclusive clear tail lights. The configuration even showed clear side markers so I just assumed they would match the tail lights. Searching the forum threads, it seems people have asked their dealers to install them at delivery?

084runnerltd (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 01:35 PM
084runnerltd
Rennlist Member

Late Friday night, I was pleasantly surprised to get an email from Porsche that pics of the build are ready in TYD. For those who are anxiously wondering when their pics will arrive,
I’m still in Step 4 ( Mfg Process has Started ) with Step 5 ( Mfg Complete ) scheduled for next Thurs 01/18. I’m sure your mileage may vary with the pics. Step 4 was originally slated to start this past week but they pulled it early into 12/21. I assume the production planner brought it in due to people being out for the holidays.

Examining the elevator shot, in the tire lottery it appears my C4S ended up with the Goodyear Eagle F1s. Other observation is that amber side markers are default even though I spec’d the Mfg Exclusive clear tail lights. The configuration even showed clear side markers so I just assumed they would match the tail lights. Searching the forum threads, it seems people have asked their dealers to install them at delivery?

I am in similar situation, but mine is now a few days behind…

Marin Vizsla (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 01:51 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

All North American bound cars have the amber side markers regardless of the rear tail lights as this is a DOT government mandate. The configurator shows a Euro spec car. We all retrofit the Euro/ROW clear side markers as a sort of "under the table" work around.

Last edited by 3uros; 01-14-2024 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2024, 02:03 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by 3uros
All North American bound cars have the amber side markers regardless of the rear tail lights as this is a DOT government mandate. The configurator shows a Euro spec car. We all retrofit the Euro/ROW clear side markers as a sort of "under the table" work around.
Got it. Thanks for the explanation!
Old 01-14-2024, 02:13 PM
084runnerltd
Rennlist Member

Got it. Thanks for the explanation!
Dont buy the clear ones without checking with your dealer. I did that and they said, “we offer the parts and install free to our customers.”

Unfortunately, I had already through away the original box and ended up selling on eBay for a 100.00 loss….
pgap718 (01-14-2024)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!