Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 08:18 AM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 423 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
It's strange there are no ships to the west coast docking at Emden within the next couple of weeks..
@Marin Vizsla , Do you know when the last ship depart from Port Emden, and where was it headed?

(I am wondering if they already loaded our cars on a recent ship, but did not update TYD).
The following users liked this post:
pgap718 (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 11:48 AM
kurquhart
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by PSPorsche
@Marin Vizsla , Do you know when the last ship depart from Port Emden, and where was it headed?

(I am wondering if they already loaded our cars on a recent ship, but did not update TYD).
Neptune Barcelona left Emden on Jan 11 for the US west coast, but it diverted to Baltimore first. My TYD updated while the boat was still docked in Emden, so more of 'your car is on the boat' than 'the boat has left the port'.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:06 PM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kurquhart
Neptune Barcelona left Emden on Jan 11 for the US west coast, but it diverted to Baltimore first. My TYD updated while the boat was still docked in Emden, so more of 'your car is on the boat' than 'the boat has left the port'.
Thanks, @kurquhart .
Looks like @Marin Vizsla and I just “missed the boat”. 🫤
The following 2 users liked this post by PSPorsche:
kurquhart (01-24-2024), Marin Vizsla (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 01:00 PM
saa106
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zanotti
I have a GTS on order, including a Commission Number with delivery sometime in May. Looks like it locks mid February, builds in April and delivers in May - perfect timing for the driving year.

Actively filling this thread for the tips and tricks!
I have a Targa 4 GTS with almost the same dates as yours. Manufacturing mid March and ending early April. This is my second new build, it’s fun to watch and get updates.

Last edited by saa106; 01-24-2024 at 01:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pgap718 (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 01:11 PM
5senna5
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 65 Posts

Anybody have a vehicle on Neptune Koper that arrived in Houston on Jan 9th? My Carrera T is sitting in port there with a "customs issue" claim by dealership. If there are other cars held up from the same ship it would alleviate some of the concern that it's transport damage they are fixing.

Last edited by 5senna5; 01-24-2024 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2024, 02:05 PM
donutcritic
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 5senna5
Anybody have a vehicle on Neptune Koper that arrived in Houston on Jan 9th? My Carrera T is sitting in port there with a "customs issue" claim by dealership. If there are other cars held up from the same ship it would alleviate some of the concern that it's transport damage they are fixing.
I am waiting for a Taycan GTS that was on that ship. The dealer says it shows Port Processing Finished / Ready for Transport but that the Taycan is actually being held due to a "unknown customs issue." PCNA Sales Ops sent this out: “We continue to have a delay in certain vehicles from U.S. sea ports to dealers. This is due to a customs issue impacting U.S. entry. We are working diligently to resolve the issue.” Sounds like a widespread issue -- or at least beyond hiding the horsepower upgrade to your Carrera T.

Old 01-24-2024, 02:32 PM
5senna5
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by donutcritic
I am waiting for a Taycan GTS that was on that ship. The dealer says it shows Port Processing Finished / Ready for Transport but that the Taycan is actually being held due to a "unknown customs issue." PCNA Sales Ops sent this out: “We continue to have a delay in certain vehicles from U.S. sea ports to dealers. This is due to a customs issue impacting U.S. entry. We are working diligently to resolve the issue.” Sounds like a widespread issue -- or at least beyond hiding the horsepower upgrade to your Carrera T.
Perfect, thanks man that's all I needed to hear!
Hope we both get ours soon
Old 01-24-2024, 04:04 PM
js1ngh13
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

Hey Everyone! Would appreciate some help

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRBDW2P8

Order locks in beginning of March! If anyone has any critiques would appreciate it!

Still on the fence for
- Seats (Need to try in person)
- Sunroof
- Assistance Packages
Old 01-24-2024, 04:33 PM
RS-14
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

You have great taste. My build is very similar to yours. Carrera S, Gentian Blue. I picked Aurum Wheels.

your seats are fine. Not sure you need front axle lift. Seems like most say they don’t use it. I stayed away from most of the assist options unless it was included in the premium package. Mine is scheduled to be build Feb 15th. Good luck.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:49 PM
5senna5
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by js1ngh13

Order locks in beginning of March! If anyone has any critiques would appreciate it!

Still on the fence for
- Sunroof

- Assistance Packages
My only changes would be to ditch FAL and change red calipers to black. There are a few body colors were red looks good, but the Gentian Blue pops soooo much more without the caliper-distraction, in my opinion.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:59 PM
js1ngh13
Racer

Congratulations on the build!! What seats did you decide? @RS-14
Old 01-24-2024, 09:18 PM
RS-14
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I picked the brown truffle leather.
The following 2 users liked this post by RS-14:
kurquhart (01-25-2024), pgap718 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 09:57 PM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by js1ngh13

Still on the fence for
- Sunroof
- Assistance Packages
Originally Posted by RS-14
You have great taste. My build is very similar to yours. Carrera S, Gentian Blue. I picked Aurum Wheels.

your seats are fine. Not sure you need front axle lift. Seems like most say they don’t use it. I stayed away from most of the assist options unless it was included in the premium package. Mine is scheduled to be build Feb 15th. Good luck.
@js1ngh13 , you almost copied my C4S build! The only relevant difference is, I went with the Mojave Beige leather interior. So I agree with @RS-14 , you have great taste! 😝
  1. Add the Preparation for Roof Transport system for $60. If you don’t get it now, it can not be added later. (For $60, you have the peace of mind knowing you could use a roof rack if you ever ever needed).
  2. Consider adding the Preparation for Porsche Dashcam for $130. It gives you wiring with a special port behind your mirror that you can use to plug in a radar detector, without having to run new wiring through your A-pillar to your fuse box. 😜
  3. Since you got the leather interior and you got the steering column in leather, you might want to add the (over priced) Passenger Cupholder Trim in Leather for $310. Otherwise the passenger cupholder will look plasticky and will not match the interior leather (which you will always notice, but your passengers won’t).
  4. I felt that the assistance systems were over priced, but some like the adaptive cruise control. I’ve heard complaints that LKA isn’t that accurate, but that may depend on your area/roads.
  5. Keep the sunroof. People say you should have it for resale value, but I say you should get it because you might actually want to use it once in a while. (I do feel that 911’s look better with a solid body colored roof, but your car is dark enough that the glass roof will not look out of place).
  6. Keep the Adaptive Sport Seats Plus. I’ve seen them in person, and they look so much nicer than the regular Sport Seats. The “Adaptive” seats give you automatic fore-aft adjustment, which the similarly shaped Sport Seats Plus (only 4-way) don’t have.
  7. I ordered Front Axel Lift. The lip on my 997 scrapes, so I like the peace of mind having this feature on my new 992. I think people that don’t get the FAL, do not live or drive in areas where it is required. Because you’ve ordered Sport PASM (with the Sport Package), your car will have the extended front spoiler lip. This lip is more expensive to replace than the regular lip. Look at this way, FAL is the cost of approximately three to four extended spoiler lip replacements. Also FAL protects other parts of your car from scraping, not just the lip.

Here is my configuration, if you want to get some ideas:

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRJJ7A70

Last edited by PSPorsche; 01-24-2024 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:12 PM
js1ngh13
Racer

Originally Posted by PSPorsche
@js1ngh13 , you almost copied my C4S build! The only relevant difference is, I went with the Mojave Beige leather interior. So I agree with @RS-14 , you have great taste! 😝
  1. Add the Preparation for Roof Transport system for $60. If you don’t get it now, it can not be added later. (For $60, you have the peace of mind knowing you could use a roof rack if you ever ever needed).
  2. Consider adding the Preparation for Porsche Dashcam for $130. It gives you wiring with a special port behind your mirror that you can use to plug in a radar detector, without having to run new wiring through your A-pillar to your fuse box. 😜
  3. Since you got the leather interior and you got the steering column in leather, you might want to add the (over priced) Passenger Cupholder Trim in Leather for $310. Otherwise the passenger cupholder will look plasticky and will not match the interior leather (which you will always notice, but your passengers won’t).
  4. I felt that the assistance systems were over priced, but some like the adaptive cruise control. I’ve heard complaints that LKA isn’t that accurate, but that may depend on your area/roads.
  5. Keep the sunroof. People say you should have it for resale value, but I say you should get it because you might actually want to use it once in a while. (I do feel that 911’s look better with a solid body colored roof, but your car is dark enough that the glass roof will not look out of place).
  6. Keep the Adaptive Sport Seats Plus. I’ve seen them in person, and they look so much nicer than the regular Sport Seats. The “Adaptive” seats give you automatic fore-aft adjustment, which the similarly shaped Sport Seats Plus (only 4-way) don’t have.
  7. I ordered Front Axel Lift. The lip on my 997 scrapes, so I like the peace of mind having this feature on my new 992. I think people that don’t get the FAL, do not live or drive in areas where it is required. Because you’ve ordered Sport PASM (with the Sport Package), your car will have the extended front spoiler lip. This lip is more expensive to replace than the regular lip. Look at this way, FAL is the cost of approximately three to four extended spoiler lip replacements. Also FAL protects other parts of your car from scraping, not just the lip.

Here is my configuration, if you want to get some ideas:

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRJJ7A70
Thank you so much for the advice!

I think I will definitely add the dashcam whether its for an actual dashcam or the latter
I think I will stick with the assistance packages that come with the premium package, don't need much more!
Sunroof on a chalk car does look nice for sure! I just don't know how much I will use it even with the weather being more than adequate in the DMV
SS+ definitely look better but I do want to go test them in person if I get the chance
I did not spec the PASM Lowering - FAL is something i'll consider but not sleep on it too much. the aerokit already has a lot of my $$

Thank you for the time! Hope you get yours soon
Old 01-25-2024, 01:40 AM
fxmixer
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 75 Posts

Finally got my car back from PPF, ceramic and tint. Loving it.
The following 8 users liked this post by fxmixer:
CamsPorsche (01-27-2024), dreamin11 (01-31-2024), jbentley1018 (01-25-2024), Jkc79 (01-26-2024), lone992 (01-26-2024), mashoutposse (01-25-2024), Metalblond (01-30-2024), pgap718 (01-25-2024) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!