992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 12:21 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,510 Likes on 2,568 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Yup.

And he's been calling for a Recession, a collapse in the stockmarket, and ADM's disappearing for all of this year and most of last year too.

Doesnt sound like all that money spent on an MBA did him any good. He's been like a broken clock.
Dude ... he's evidently doing quite well. Deal with it.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:21 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,087 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
I love when threads take these kind of turns.

I used to troll the hell out of Soulsea on other forums since he always like to be the resident pompous bully on most boards he was on. As soon as he became too soft for the actual inconvenient truths to put him in his place he was the first to run to forum mods or admin to bit3h.

I never went to college or any higher education for that matter, but I always appreciated when folks like to put their diplomas on display to remind themselves of the insane amounts of debt they took on for the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel in hopes of success.

Which reminds me, I'd like to thank all the members of this forum for paying their homeowners insurance premiums every year!

Back to topic.....
My parents immigrated to the US when I was young with very little money and worked their a$$es off, including working 2 jobs for the first 5 years which enabled to buy the home where I was raised in. They stressed education and were all over me that I brought home good grades and I'm glad they did. I went to USC grad school while working full-time in the fully employed program and graduated with very little school debt. I loved grad school 100x more than undergrad and met some great life long friends. Having the degree doesn't make me better than anyone else, but I've worked hard and am proud of my accomplishments.
The following 5 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
M&Abanker4life (06-14-2023), Manifold (06-14-2023), Softlink (06-18-2023), thebishman (06-14-2023), User 81423 (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 12:24 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Dude ... he's evidently doing quite well. Deal with it.
That's the only thing he can hang his hat on now. So what, I was wrong...who's right 100% of the time? Oh wait, Diablo can't be wrong.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:25 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
I love when threads take these kind of turns.

I used to troll the hell out of Soulsea on other forums since he always like to be the resident pompous bully on most boards he was on. As soon as he became too soft for the actual inconvenient truths to put him in his place he was the first to run to forum mods or admin to bit3h.

I never went to college or any higher education for that matter, but I always appreciated when folks like to put their diplomas on display to remind themselves of the insane amounts of debt they took on for the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel in hopes of success.

Which reminds me, I'd like to thank all the members of this forum for paying their homeowners insurance premiums every year!

Back to topic.....
You seem to have a chip on your shoulder ("just a roofer").

Higher education isn't just for making money. And back in my day, higher education wasn't expensive. And for some professions - doctors, engineers, scientists, etc. - you need higher education.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:27 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That's the only thing he can hang his hat on now. So what, I was wrong...who's right 100% of the time? Oh wait, Diablo can't be wrong.
We may be wrong on timing, but a substantial recession may still be becoming. Since there's uncertainty, I bet, like me, you didn't bet the farm based on your prediction.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:30 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

We may be wrong on timing, but a substantial recession may still be becoming. Since there's uncertainty, I bet, like me, you didn't bet the farm based on your prediction.
Of course not, I have my longer portfolio and then a smaller one where I trade front week options. I use most of my non-invested capital to help my contingent clients purchase homes like an OpenDoor, Zillow, OfferPad but on the buy side with more favorable terms so I need to remain liquid at all times and be ready to step in for them.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:34 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,290 Likes on 1,277 Posts

My parents immigrated to the US when I was young with very little money and worked their a$$es off, including working 2 jobs for the first 5 years which enabled to buy the home where I was raised in. They stressed education and were all over me that I brought home good grades and I'm glad they did. I went to USC grad school while working full-time in the fully employed program and graduated with very little school debt. I loved grad school 100x more than undergrad and met some great life long friends. Having the degree doesn't make me better than anyone else, but I've worked hard and am proud of my accomplishments.
Such a cool story bro.
Actually brought a tear to my eye.

Will there be a made for TV movie coming out soon?

Old 06-14-2023, 12:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder ("just a roofer").

Higher education isn't just for making money. And back in my day, higher education wasn't expensive. And for some professions - doctors, engineers, scientists, etc. - you need higher education.
Yeah, I needed an accounting degree to get my CPA license so some people need an education to do what they do.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:36 AM
3 2 1 Fights On
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 75 Posts

I spent most of my money on women and booze, the rest I just wasted.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3 2 1 Fights On:
carcommander (06-14-2023), Diablo Dude (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 12:37 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Such a cool story bro.

Not a cool story, it's my reality and I'm very fortunate for all the sacrifices that my parents made and the stressing education. I would give them everything that I own if I had to because I wouldn't be the position that I am today without them.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:37 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Such a cool story bro.

What's your story? Tell us where you are in life, and how you arrived there. Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:38 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 591 Likes on 362 Posts

Oh no doubt! The comment about putting it on display truly to most is a reminder of all the hard work put forth. My wifes an anesthesiologist and I'll never forget going to a wedding where basically everyone there was a doctor there. Naturally the pedigree flag flyers start in and want to essentially size up everyone at the table. When they got to me I'm casually asked where I went to school, my response was simple... school of life since my family didn't have the means. Dudes response, "yeah college isn't for everyone" which a slightly snobby tone. I just smirk and she chimes in "hell he makes in a month as a roofer what a doctor makes in a year". The guy looked like he saw a ghost his face went so blank.

I love your dedication to your skillsets and as long as people are willing to push for a field of focus that is lucrative no matter the pathway to get there that's all that matters.
The following users liked this post:
shrimp money (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 12:39 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Such a cool story bro.

DD finally owned up to his mileage - he just finished his break in

yet he’s calling everyone frauds
Old 06-14-2023, 12:39 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3 2 1 Fights On
I spent most of my money on women and booze, the rest I just wasted.
Wait, no blow?
Old 06-14-2023, 12:40 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Wait, no blow?
Lame

Last edited by User 81423; 06-14-2023 at 03:35 AM.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread