Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 07:17 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,223 Likes on 664 Posts

My October build froze 6/31. PTS/CXX it’s on track, no delay.
The following users liked this post:
markfedco (07-02-2023)
Old 07-01-2023, 09:55 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

6/31?
Old 07-01-2023, 10:07 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,223 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
6/31?
30’ days hath September, April June and November….June 30th.
The following users liked this post:
jfr0317 (07-01-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 09:03 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by markfedco
MY23 had a freeze date of 7/17 and I switched to PTS and now they are saying Oct/Nov freeze date..
adding PTS always delays the car by a bunch. your car got approved for a later batch of pts slots that opened up and were not initially open.
Old 07-06-2023, 06:32 AM
bblack07
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Just out of curiosity, when was the last round of allocations distributed? My pos dealership, after having a deposit in for 3.5 years, emailed me at the end of November last year and told me that PCNA ordered them to cancel out the remaining GT3 orders in their system and return the deposits. I asked if I could just press my deposit to the next 992.2 GT3, whenever that might come out, and they said they could, but in the same breath said they'd apply it towards "something like" a 4S or GTS. Neither of which I ever expressed any interest in. They also mentioned something to the extent that I'd need to spend $1 million+ dollars with them to really ever have a chance even though up until that point I was told they went in order. in 3 years they allegedly only got 2 allocations total (1 Touring, 1 regular). The whole experience has left a pretty negative taste in my mouth to the extent of tarnishing Porsche as a brand and ownership. Before everyone jumps down my throat since I know many others didn't get a car, I'm more irritated about the total lack of respect of time, lies, and just to top it off being condescended too as if it's my fault the local dealership ranks so low with PCNA they only get base Macan allocations. Seeing how late some of these freeze dates are and everyone tells me they likely lied about production being over and no further allocations being allotted anywhere. Thanks for listening to my rant as it was not the original intent. It just kind of happened as I recollected how things played out.
Old 07-06-2023, 07:02 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 591 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by bblack07
Just out of curiosity, when was the last round of allocations distributed? My pos dealership, after having a deposit in for 3.5 years, emailed me at the end of November last year and told me that PCNA ordered them to cancel out the remaining GT3 orders in their system and return the deposits. I asked if I could just press my deposit to the next 992.2 GT3, whenever that might come out, and they said they could, but in the same breath said they'd apply it towards "something like" a 4S or GTS. Neither of which I ever expressed any interest in. They also mentioned something to the extent that I'd need to spend $1 million+ dollars with them to really ever have a chance even though up until that point I was told they went in order. in 3 years they allegedly only got 2 allocations total (1 Touring, 1 regular). The whole experience has left a pretty negative taste in my mouth to the extent of tarnishing Porsche as a brand and ownership. Before everyone jumps down my throat since I know many others didn't get a car, I'm more irritated about the total lack of respect of time, lies, and just to top it off being condescended too as if it's my fault the local dealership ranks so low with PCNA they only get base Macan allocations. Seeing how late some of these freeze dates are and everyone tells me they likely lied about production being over and no further allocations being allotted anywhere. Thanks for listening to my rant as it was not the original intent. It just kind of happened as I recollected how things played out.
​​​​​​​Basically the dealers know what they're going to be getting ahead of time, and when the spots open they're already spoken for essentially. My dealer is a major Houston dealer and only got 4 GT3RS spots for MY24 and I received the only PTS slot available of the 4. There are delays that push builds back, but that's only due to existing delays from MY23 productions. The MY24 slots were sent out/ released back in May essentially and the most of them will be Nov/December delivery and maybe so more slots prior to MY25 but unlikely.

Your dealership is essentially stuck in a rock and a heard place if they have a long list of sharks. The best thing to do is start looking for another dealer frankly, because 4yrs wait essentially is crap.
Old 07-06-2023, 07:38 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 239 Posts

They are lying. They got more allocations then that of course. Common practice all too much now.
Old 07-06-2023, 08:06 AM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 69 Posts

I long since gave up the silly process of endeavouring to buy a new GT3 and simply waited until the 991.1 GT3 went under list and waited until the right spec, mileage and condition came up. Nothing has changed in the UK in the past 10-15 years, you either pay over list directly or indirectly for a new GT3. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise !
Old 07-06-2023, 08:09 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by Carrera2RS
I long since gave up the silly process of endeavouring to buy a new GT3 and simply waited until the 991.1 GT3 went under list and waited until the right spec, mileage and condition came up. Nothing has changed in the UK in the past 10-15 years, you either pay over list directly or indirectly for a new GT3. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise !
​​​​​​​From what I have been told, the US actually it's easier and cheaper to get the 4RS or 3RS compared to overseas. Which says alot.
Old 07-06-2023, 08:10 AM
Rod27
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 162 Posts

so what did you end up doing way back when this happened? Hopefully you got your deposit back at least and told them to pound sand.
Old 07-06-2023, 08:21 AM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 69 Posts

I also know of dealers that agree allocations with an understanding that they will buy back at an agreed price when production stops and the dealers can sell the cars over list. I still remember seeing 37 991.2 GT3's for sale across the UK dealer network with only 2 cars over 2,000 miles in the UK. There were MORE 991.2 GT3's for sale at dealers in the UK than any other Porsche model at that time........ The 37 cars were flipped either in or out of insider deals. I decided at that point I'd rather look at older cars as this while process is just too uncomfortable for an enthusiast

Old 07-06-2023, 08:56 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,506 Likes on 2,564 Posts

They didn’t lie November about no more allocations. All dealers were told the same. But then Porsche changed their mind and released a few more allocations. I got a GT3 allocation in May as a ‘bonus’ allocation, and it was the only one the dealer got. The dealer is still telling me they don’t expect to get any more allocations for 992.1 GT and 4RS cars.
Old 07-07-2023, 06:56 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Just got back from 2 weeks in Greece and went to grab my 4RS plates from my dealer and while there the sales manager told me to check out these 2 gems. An Ipanema Blue Sport classic and the 2nd Tribute edition 3RS this dealer has has. This client actually took it on its first drive yesterday in the rain on the nasty Houston Hwys. That of which is majorly respected. ​​

While there I checked the status of my PTS 3RS and my MY24 build which was set for December build was pushed back with others across the country to January. ​​​​​​​This just again highlights the growing delays from the issues at the factory further igniting the speculation significantly less of the 992 3RS will be made than expected.​​​​​​​

Last edited by Justaroofer; 07-07-2023 at 06:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Justaroofer:
jfr0317 (07-07-2023), SuperDarius (07-10-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 07:04 PM
CPS992
Racer

Received 363 Likes on 152 Posts

My build started on 6/30 per TYD. Received pictures from paint shop and partial build. And my "Finished" date moved from 7/6 to 7/28......argh. Wonder which gizmo isn't in stock and causing the delay.

Last edited by CPS992; 07-07-2023 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2023, 07:09 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by CPS992
My build started on 6/30 per TYD. Received pictures from paint shop and partial build. And my "Finished" date moved from 7/6 to 7/28......argh. Wonder which gizmo isn't in stock and causing the delay. 
​​​​​​​The main delays are PTS specific. The more one off colors for PTS will be the slowest. From what we were told the more frequently selected PTS colors take priority. Mine being Acid Green will be in that somewhat frequently used color block which adds to delays.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread