GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 05:06 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 641 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by redpriest
My Sept allocation is a MY24
Any allocation July prod onward is a 2024.
The following users liked this post:
redpriest (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 05:16 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,224 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
I'm so jealous - my order locks 4/25 - manufacture begin 5/16, complete 5/29 - Euro Delivery 8/31 (first available slot for peon like myself).

congrats on the allocation.
i am jealous that you got early build! My 3RS is an October build so it got hit with big price hike, which sucks as I have pretty much stripper build anyway. But, I will be in Leipzig picking up my 4RS in late August, then off to some tracks for a few weeks. Might see ya!
The following 2 users liked this post by disden:
richardbf (04-05-2023), subshooter (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 07:15 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,926 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
i am jealous that you got early build! My 3RS is an October build so it got hit with big price hike, which sucks as I have pretty much stripper build anyway. But, I will be in Leipzig picking up my 4RS in late August, then off to some tracks for a few weeks. Might see ya!
PM sent.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:50 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Well add me to the list that just got Fd by Porsche. My car was scheduled for production starting a week from today...and TODAY I get the notice that the RS is on indefinite HOLD. The order will not be shown in TYD until the INDEFINITE Embargo has been lifted by Porsche. How/Who at Porsche screwed all of this up so badly. Why did they wait until this close to production to tell me and apparently 6 other confirmed orders in the NE area that we can now sit back and wait with no more information other than, be patient? I am sure Porsche will put the blame on their suppliers but seriously, aren't they paid to manage their suppliers - isn't that why the German companies get together once a year to discuss and determine which suppliers they will all use. Sorry for the B!tch session but just super pissed to get this close only be to told - sorry no car for you anytime soon. Wait, there actually wasn't an apology just a notice from Porsche. I know if could be worse, as in not having an allocation but what good is an allocation if the car just keeps sliding further and further back with no end to the excuses in sight...
UPDATE: the RS reappeared this am on TYD and is V200 again (was as high as V210, then went V070 per the above post). It is now a MY 2024 and per the tracker, is 3 months delayed (June 28th) from the original MY2023 build date (March 27th). The price is reflecting 2024 increase but have been assured by Salesman and Regional Rep that they will hold 2023 pricing. So for all of you MY 2023 allocations that were placed on hold, hopefully like me you are receiving clarity on actual build dates. Was really hoping for no more than a 2-month delay in order to make some track dates I had already committed to. Porsche if you are listening please move up the guys who intend to track their RS... Now the clock watching begins again. Fingers crossed and good luck to all of you lucky to have an allocation!
PET (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 09:28 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 591 Likes on 362 Posts

Received my Commission # today for 2024 PTS GT3RS.

Super excited!!!

Last edited by Justaroofer; 04-05-2023 at 09:38 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Justaroofer:
EXFIB (04-14-2023), pfbz (04-05-2023), redpriest (04-05-2023), richardbf (04-07-2023), subshooter (04-06-2023), User 81423 (04-06-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-06-2023, 03:30 AM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 352 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Received my Commission # today for 2024 PTS GT3RS.
Super excited!!!
Super exciting indeed!

Please post the lock date, production date and expected delivery date. Build code would be great as well.
Old 04-06-2023, 10:28 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by CarManDSL
Super exciting indeed!

Please post the lock date, production date and expected delivery date. Build code would be great as well.

I can help with that data as it becomes available. Since commission was received and confirmed yesterday not all details on timelines are available. I believe they said late year delivery around Nov or December. I agreed with my dealer to not disclose much details being I'm in a major city and being I'm the only one getting a MY24 PTS I wont share the build details except to say its a heavy spec at $339k. Some of the specs or the 23s aren't available for the 24s, but nothing major. Bronze wheels being one of them. The magnesium wheels came as standard on the spec and many of the storage/ seconday wheel setups. This is my updated spec and I deleted the model side sticker as I'm not a fan of it. Beyond that the rendering is the GT3RS in Acid Green which is something I have been focused on with my dealer since the 992RS was announced.

No I don't track, no I'm not a VIP, no I'm not paying insane ADM, I'm literally a regular person that embraces the beauty and engineering these marvelous machines offer and my dealer appreciates that and I'm more interested in daily driving these for the thrills and memories rather than track times or cars and coffee stares(never been to a car meet). Though when people ask I gladly share with people how the Porsche brand 100% has blown my mind and that's coming from someone who's owned many 9 and 10sec cars and trucks.

Sorry for long winded response.... I do sales so I can't help myself lol.
The following 8 users liked this post by Justaroofer:
Billy Bluejay (04-11-2023), Brainofjjj (04-06-2023), Carcam (04-06-2023), carcommander (04-06-2023), Diablo Dude (04-08-2023), JCP.CA (04-06-2023), mthreat (04-06-2023), Zeus (04-06-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-06-2023, 11:12 AM
disden
Drifting

No I don't track, no I'm not a VIP, no I'm not paying insane ADM, I'm literally a regular person that embraces the beauty and engineering these marvelous machines offer and my dealer appreciates that and I'm more interested in daily driving these for the thrills and memories rather than track times or cars and coffee stares(never been to a car meet). Though when people ask I gladly share with people how the Porsche brand 100% has blown my mind and that's coming from someone who's owned many 9 and 10sec cars and trucks.
i don’t think you are alone, sadly with all the fuss about PTS and it’s obvious very few of these will ever see track use. The base cost and additional ADMs basically put the nail in that. Those cars that will see track use regularly, like mine, are stripper builds with no ADMs, again like mine. For people like myself who have been tracking Gt cars for years it’s just so strange to see how much it’s changed, from nobody wanting a rough track focused car to now suddenly everyone wants one despite not ever using them above speeds limits.

great color choice! Enjoy.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:42 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

i don’t think you are alone, sadly with all the fuss about PTS and it’s obvious very few of these will ever see track use. The base cost and additional ADMs basically put the nail in that. Those cars that will see track use regularly, like mine, are stripper builds with no ADMs, again like mine. For people like myself who have been tracking Gt cars for years it’s just so strange to see how much it’s changed, from nobody wanting a rough track focused car to now suddenly everyone wants one despite not ever using them above speeds limits.

The thing I'm curious to see is how exactly the Downforce feels compared to my ACE-E Vipers.

Did you add Weisach to your spec?
Old 04-06-2023, 12:05 PM
disden
Drifting

The thing I'm curious to see is how exactly the Downforce feels compared to my ACE-E Vipers.

Did you add Weisach to your spec?
nope. white, lift, larger tank and upgraded interior because I hate how the cheap plastic looks on a $200k plus car! That’s it. Initially added red decals but removed and will add on the aftermarket ones for $60 later after PPF

Last edited by disden; 04-06-2023 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2023, 05:32 PM
redpriest
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 97 Posts

Anyone doing PPF as an option? Is it any good? I normally just get full PPF once it arrives.
Old 04-06-2023, 05:44 PM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 164 Posts

It's awesome seeing all these builds. I'm just a lowly .1 3RS owner who tracks his and came from a racing background. I have no Porsche dealer connects and stand no chance of buying anything unfortunately. I won't play the game and don't have any interest in anything but a GT car. I daily a Raptor, build Broncos for fun as a hobby, race NASA and instruct sometimes and drive my RS..
I dream about ordering a new RS but I'll have to settle for buying one of your used cars one day.

If any of you are around Dallas i'd love to see your car after delivery. Happy to help you do simple work on it as well.

The following 3 users liked this post by Brainofjjj:
Billy Bluejay (04-11-2023), Diablo Dude (04-08-2023), mthreat (04-07-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 06:05 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,926 Posts

Originally Posted by Brainofjjj
It's awesome seeing all these builds. I'm just a lowly .1 3RS owner who tracks his and came from a racing background. I have no Porsche dealer connects and stand no chance of buying anything unfortunately. I won't play the game and don't have any interest in anything but a GT car. I daily a Raptor, build Broncos for fun as a hobby, race NASA and instruct sometimes and drive my RS..
I dream about ordering a new RS but I'll have to settle for buying one of your used cars one day.

If any of you are around Dallas i'd love to see your car after delivery. Happy to help you do simple work on it as well.
a straight forward and consistent relationship with a Porsche dealer may unlock more access than you realize - also being patient and telescoping your purchasing intension to a friendly local dealer can send opportunities your way if they know you are interested - over the years I've been fortunate to have purchasing access to a number of Porsche's on my list - but never on any time frame that was under my control - but over time the cars that I have wanted have come my way…

I would encourage you not to give up - but yeah if you want it now now now!! that's a very hard path to plow…but if you can chill, wait, and be politely persistent it's been my experience you may have more access than you realize - and once you've bought one Porsche the dealers knows you might be good for another and just keep the ball slowly rolling.

YMMV that's my $0.02
The following 6 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
Billy Bluejay (04-11-2023), Brainofjjj (04-06-2023), Diablo Dude (04-08-2023), PET (04-07-2023), redpriest (04-06-2023), Wowzerg (04-07-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-06-2023, 06:42 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can help with that data as it becomes available. Since commission was received and confirmed yesterday not all details on timelines are available. I believe they said late year delivery around Nov or December. I agreed with my dealer to not disclose much details being I'm in a major city and being I'm the only one getting a MY24 PTS I wont share the build details except to say its a heavy spec at $339k. Some of the specs or the 23s aren't available for the 24s, but nothing major. Bronze wheels being one of them. The magnesium wheels came as standard on the spec and many of the storage/ seconday wheel setups. This is my updated spec and I deleted the model side sticker as I'm not a fan of it. Beyond that the rendering is the GT3RS in Acid Green which is something I have been focused on with my dealer since the 992RS was announced.

Sorry for long winded response.... I do sales so I can't help myself lol.
So by 'Bronze' you mean 'Neodyme' and these Magnesium wheels aren't available for the 2024's?

Would love to hear in your own words someday what you share with other people why the Porsche brand has blown your mind.

Thanks for the posts!
Old 04-06-2023, 07:14 PM
redpriest
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 97 Posts

Why wouldn't you track it; I basically pay a fixed cost from open track per year and declare agreed value high enough to penetrate the ADM BS so that if I were to total the car I could walk to get a new one. PPF and sufficient plastic armoring around sensitive areas like the car's hips, and no fear.
PET (04-08-2023)

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread