Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2023 | 06:55 PM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
LOL, exactly. Maybe see you at Spring Smokies and we can compare notes again.
sadly taking this year off of Smokies, going to Zuffenhausen/Stuttgart with some friends instead at same time. Have fun! Keep in touch with the car stuff and how it’s all playing out
The following users liked this post:
BlazinPond (04-08-2023)
Old 04-08-2023 | 09:35 PM
ADgts40
Advanced

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
my RS allocation which is not a stripper build has remained "fixed" for dates - EuroDelivery date 8/31/2023 @ Leipzig - manufacturing complete 5/29/2023

my buddies non-RS GT3 Touring build is manufacturing complete - it was not a stripper build, but also not "max options" - but did have PCCB's - he is also 8/31/2023 EuroDelivery @ Leipzig

we are excited!
Is there typically a lag time between mfg date completion and ED date? My Oct build is a Dec completion but I’d rather not get it in the dead of winter as to make it a touring trip and enjoy the roads/site post winter. But I’ll take what I can get, just curious.
Old 04-09-2023 | 09:36 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

You get no choice on date.

Last year I had less then 2 weeks to book tickets, car has sat for months outside another time and the last ED, ordered as ED from day one, was cancelled about 6 weeks prior to production (last week), so renting cars in Europe in May and July. Not the same.

I’ll try it one or two more times but probably they are the last new Porsches. Only buy new because ED.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 04-09-2023 at 09:40 AM.
ADgts40 (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023 | 01:38 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADgts40
Is there typically a lag time between mfg date completion and ED date? My Oct build is a Dec completion but I’d rather not get it in the dead of winter as to make it a touring trip and enjoy the roads/site post winter. But I’ll take what I can get, just curious.
as noted you have very little choice on ED dates - we ordered in november - but only got our ED date the last couple of weeks - apparently there are limited "slots" and all the "good ones" were getting booked before we were allowed to land on a date - I'm just glad it's not "winter"…and we take what we can get - I guess if you have sufficient "VIP juice" you can get better dates? but I clearly lack "juice" froze or fresh squeezed - so I'm just happy I have the RS allocation and the date didn't really matter to me - the car is what matters - it's going to kill me however to know the car is just sitting there - but apparently this is how it works - this is my first ED purchase - lots of learn.
The following 2 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
ADgts40 (04-09-2023), BlazinPond (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023 | 03:12 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
as noted you have very little choice on ED dates - we ordered in november - but only got our ED date the last couple of weeks - apparently there are limited "slots" and all the "good ones" were getting booked before we were allowed to land on a date - I'm just glad it's not "winter"…and we take what we can get - I guess if you have sufficient "VIP juice" you can get better dates? but I clearly lack "juice" froze or fresh squeezed - so I'm just happy I have the RS allocation and the date didn't really matter to me - the car is what matters - it's going to kill me however to know the car is just sitting there - but apparently this is how it works - this is my first ED purchase - lots of learn.
I feel the Euro Delivery offers a great experience and opportunity for experience and memories to be made with the machine. BUT!!! On the guidance of multiple sales managers, it's best to do on the non top tier units.

Now if the dealer said I had to do it for the spot, then so be it. On a side note the Euro Delivery dates fill within minutes of release to the dealers and that's why it's so difficult to plan.
The following 2 users liked this post by Justaroofer:
ADgts40 (04-09-2023), daveo4porsche (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023 | 04:48 PM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
I feel the Euro Delivery offers a great experience and opportunity for experience and memories to be made with the machine. BUT!!! On the guidance of multiple sales managers, it's best to do on the non top tier units.

Now if the dealer said I had to do it for the spot, then so be it. On a side note the Euro Delivery dates fill within minutes of release to the dealers and that's why it's so difficult to plan.
dealers have really no control over ED spots. It’s all first come first serve based upon when you contact ED department thru PNA for a given timeframe. I have been doing ED on all my cars for a long time. I have never seen it so popular, so it had been a bit frustrating over the last few years. My guess is that for years dealers discouraged clients from it because it cost them money and was somewhat of a headache. Now because of the lack of inventory dealers are suddenly very supportive as they want the extra allocations provided when a customer does ED, so they have been pushing people into it more than ever.
Old 04-09-2023 | 04:56 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by disden
dealers have really no control over ED spots. It’s all first come first serve based upon when you contact ED department thru PNA for a given timeframe. I have been doing ED on all my cars for a long time. I have never seen it so popular, so it had been a bit frustrating over the last few years. My guess is that for years dealers discouraged clients from it because it cost them money and was somewhat of a headache. Now because of the lack of inventory dealers are suddenly very supportive as they want the extra allocations provided when a customer does ED, so they have been pushing people into it more than ever.
Interesting. Good to know. Lots of dealers have list of customers with pending ED and the basically fill the slots as a first come first serve. Definitely think your experience is probably different since you've done it for so long.

My current 992 TTS was an allocation (first Porsche aswell) my dealer gave me and I just lucked out getting to skip the 2 yr wait only because I agreed to that the spot from a guy that wanted ED, but they weren't doing ED at that time due to lock downs and such. So I bet there's backlogs from that aswell.
Old 04-09-2023 | 05:06 PM
disden
Drifting

Interesting. Good to know. Lots of dealers have list of customers with pending ED and the basically fill the slots as a first come first serve. Definitely think your experience is probably different since you've done it for so long.

My current 992 TTS was an allocation (first Porsche aswell) my dealer gave me and I just lucked out getting to skip the 2 yr wait only because I agreed to that the spot from a guy that wanted ED, but they weren't doing ED at that time due to lock downs and such. So I bet there's backlogs from that aswell.
since Covid lockdowns were lifted it has been a challenge. I had my June 2020 GT4 ED cancelled obviously. My 992 GT3 was cancelled at last minute in late September 2021 which was a true bummer as it all seemed to be going to plan until the Delta spike with Covid. Last year got back into the swing of it with my 718 Spyder which was a blast, but that was my first taste of the new backlogged ED process. My GT4 RS ED is scheduled this summer, and already planning my 3RS next spring! Best advice I could give is to not leave it up to dealer, contact the ED department on your own to make arrangements immediately once you get your commission number. In years past you could kinda wait and plan it even pretty late in the process. Now if you wait at all you are out of luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by disden:
ADgts40 (04-09-2023), TRAKCAR (04-12-2023)
Old 04-09-2023 | 05:09 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

since Covid lockdowns were lifted it has been a challenge. I had my June 2020 GT4 ED cancelled obviously. My 992 GT3 was cancelled at last minute in late September 2021 which was a true bummer as it all seemed to be going to plan until the Delta spike with Covid. Last year got back into the swing of it with my 718 Spyder which was a blast, but that was my first taste of the new backlogged ED process. My GT4 RS ED is scheduled this summer, and already planning my 3RS next spring! Best advice I could give is to not leave it up to dealer, contact the ED department on your own to make arrangements immediately once you get your commission number. In years past you could kinda wait and plan it even pretty late in the process. Now if you wait at all you are out of luck.
Great advice! Thanks.

I've entertained getting the new style Cayanne Turbo GT when available since it's a pretty aggressive interior makeover and doing ED with that would be up our alley.
daveo4porsche (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023 | 05:15 PM
disden
Drifting

Great advice! Thanks.

I've entertained getting the new style Cayanne Turbo GT when available since it's a pretty aggressive interior makeover and doing ED with that would be up our alley.
what’s nice about Cayenne is you could pick it up in off season months, like November thru March. Should be less headache scheduling during that time frame. Agree about waiting for updated interior, my 22 Cayenne GTS interior felt dated upon delivery! New interior finally looks impressive as it should for the money
Justaroofer (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023 | 05:19 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

what’s nice about Cayenne is you could pick it up in off season months, like November thru March. Should be less headache scheduling during that time frame. Agree about waiting for updated interior, my 22 Cayenne GTS interior felt dated upon delivery! New interior finally looks impressive as it should for the money
Exactly my thoughts as she and I both Texans have a soft spot for the white fluffy stuff we don't get here and we'd both love to do the Swiss Alps during winter.
Old 04-10-2023 | 06:05 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Only real motivation for me in doing ED is to drive The Ring and Spa. Seems easier to just rent cars there rather than go through the logistical hassle of ED.
Old 04-10-2023 | 06:11 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
Only real motivation for me in doing ED is to drive The Ring and Spa. Seems easier to just rent cars there rather than go through the logistical hassle of ED.
ED is easy breezy. Pick up car, drive around, drive tracks, drop off. I usually do it once a year, but Covid whacked it for 2020/2021, but did it for the 992 GT3 and have confirmed for this September for the RS
daveo4porsche (04-10-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 01:03 PM
ADMfighter63
Banned

i wanted to add an allocation data point for this thread:
i've heard from a few cali dealers...i got the feeling that the majority of their early 3RS slots are gone, but i'm sure cars/slots will magically appear lol. it seems some they're selling cars at $150k-ish, perhaps $125-130k if they'll work with you.

my east-coast SA called me yesterday about a potential 3RS slot at $100k. it's a lot, but perhaps not as much as the others. he mentioned that the next round of allocations will be distributed late Q4 this year to cover calendar year 2024 production. the allocation he called about was given to them last november (but is now finally open to ordering because it's a MY24).

Last edited by ADMfighter63; 04-11-2023 at 01:09 PM.
jonscheu (04-13-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 01:51 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by ADMfighter63
i wanted to add an allocation data point for this thread:
i've heard from a few cali dealers...i got the feeling that the majority of their early 3RS slots are gone, but i'm sure cars/slots will magically appear lol. it seems some they're selling cars at $150k-ish, perhaps $125-130k if they'll work with you.

my east-coast SA called me yesterday about a potential 3RS slot at $100k. it's a lot, but perhaps not as much as the others. he mentioned that the next round of allocations will be distributed late Q4 this year to cover calendar year 2024 production. the allocation he called about was given to them last november (but is now finally open to ordering because it's a MY24).
To expand on this and I found out through my GM and the configurator.... Weisach is mandatory with PTS which now comes with automatic Magnesium wheels as apart of the package. Its an instant $70k basically when adding PTS.... on top of whatever ADM.

This is for 24s which is a major shift from the 23 configuration abilities.

Last edited by Justaroofer; 04-11-2023 at 01:53 PM.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread