Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 05:24 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 723 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Are they really getting 125k over? That's wild. I want a 2RS, but for MSRP. I bought four 911's from New Country Greenwich but I didn't even inquire because I get no respect. Pleb life.
It isn't even the dealers that annoy me anymore, it's the dum masses paying 125 over.....Like why are you guys fan boying a car so bad, you are willing to get bent over for 125k over?

I know diablo and his butt buddies love getting bent over the barrel, just the most smug people buying these cars turns me off.

My dealer did tell me they would do 50k over....yeah no absolutely no, definitely no and pass. Thank you
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 06:09 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

I would agree it's not a $400k car. And there are other cars I would like for that money. For some with gobs of money it's a relative thing, and they could care less. I don't like. I wish all who want it could get one. It's sad that most of these will never see the track. The GT3 will be on track a bunch I think. No indictment on the Rennlist brethren.

Here's the thing. I believe (trigger warning ahead) the 992 RS will never sell for less than MSRP - EVER The dealers know this. Ask around. I also speculate Porsche will not make as many of these as the 991.2 RS. So, knowing that, you outlay a $hittload of cash and get to drive the car for free for as long as you own it. Not a bad deal.

It'll be a rinse and repeat when the GT2 RS is announced. With hybrid technology.

Peace!
Just one man's POV.
The following 3 users liked this post by C2Spin:
Alan C. (04-22-2023), BlazinPond (04-21-2023), usctrojanGT3 (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 06:25 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 601 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
It isn't even the dealers that annoy me anymore, it's the dum masses paying 125 over.....Like why are you guys fan boying a car so bad, you are willing to get bent over for 125k over?

I know diablo and his butt buddies love getting bent over the barrel, just the most smug people buying these cars turns me off.

My dealer did tell me they would do 50k over....yeah no absolutely no, definitely no and pass. Thank you
100%. It's not unlike the stock market. I'm no longer disappointed with market makers and liquidity providers, I'm frustrated with retail SPY and TESLA pumptards who self righteously buy into fake pumps and enable gross manipulation. I got ADM'd on my last GT3 and vowed to never pay a market tax again. I'll hopefully meet up with an RS at some point. I'm not that into used cars but it's the only option I guess. It's one of only about two or three internal combustion engine cars I would buy. The Dakar might be another. I'm otherwise fine with daily and family being electric from now on.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ceepe:
usctrojanGT3 (04-21-2023), welikethetrack (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 06:46 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 723 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by C2Spin
I would agree it's not a $400k car. And there are other cars I would like for that money. For some with gobs of money it's a relative thing, and they could care less. I don't like. I wish all who want it could get one. It's sad that most of these will never see the track. The GT3 will be on track a bunch I think. No indictment on the Rennlist brethren.

Here's the thing. I believe (trigger warning ahead) the 992 RS will never sell for less than MSRP - EVER The dealers know this. Ask around. I also speculate Porsche will not make as many of these as the 991.2 RS. So, knowing that, you outlay a $hittload of cash and get to drive the car for free for as long as you own it. Not a bad deal.

It'll be a rinse and repeat when the GT2 RS is announced. With hybrid technology.

Peace!
Just one man's POV.
Good luck to you sir, you are going to need it. This delusional mentality is exactly why Porsche suckers are paying crazy ADM's

Gen 1
Build like there's no tomorrow
No frunk
not manual
not limited

And....These PDK RS's are pretty boring cars on the street tbh....I would know, I dd'd one for 3 years...

usctrojanGT3 (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 07:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,086 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Good luck to you sir, you are going to need it. This delusional mentality is exactly why Porsche suckers are paying crazy ADM's

Gen 1
No frunk
not manual
not limited

And....These PDK RS's are pretty boring cars on the street tbh....I would know, I dd'd one for 3 years...
I would not drive the RS on the street, it's just too in your face shouting look at me. I'm sure Porsche will build as many as they can given the big money grab for them and the first guys are always the ones that will pay the biggest ADMs. I'll wait and see if I get one at MSRP from me dealer but I won't be heartbroken if I don't get one. I have a hard enough time paying $340k for the spec that I want but I don't see much downside buying at MSRP. The BIG WANT for me was the GT4RS as I've LOVED tracking my 981 & 718 GT4s. If I do well trading in the stock market and my real estate business doesn't tail off too much from last year, I might resume the hunt for a CGT at < $1m. I know time is on my side as the Fed will put us into a recession and then we have that pesky debt ceiling **** show to go through later on this summer. So well see how this year and early next year plays out.

Last edited by usctrojanGT3; 04-21-2023 at 07:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
TRAKCAR (04-22-2023), welikethetrack (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 08:15 PM
Rod27
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 162 Posts

And then the 992.2 RS will come and the 992.1 RS will be the red headed step child.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rod27:
usctrojanGT3 (04-21-2023), welikethetrack (04-23-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 10:29 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,086 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod27
And then the 992.2 RS will come and the 992.1 RS will be the red headed step child.
Yup, it won't be that new shiny toy every big kid with money wants. It'll be tossed to the side with the other old toys while everyone wants the new toy.
Old 04-22-2023, 12:04 AM
tuffcalc
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

*deleted*
Old 04-22-2023, 12:23 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,223 Likes on 664 Posts

and hybrid
Old 04-22-2023, 12:37 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 591 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
100%. It's not unlike the stock market. I'm no longer disappointed with market makers and liquidity providers, I'm frustrated with retail SPY and TESLA pumptards who self righteously buy into fake pumps and enable gross manipulation. I got ADM'd on my last GT3 and vowed to never pay a market tax again. I'll hopefully meet up with an RS at some point. I'm not that into used cars but it's the only option I guess. It's one of only about two or three internal combustion engine cars I would buy. The Dakar might be another. I'm otherwise fine with daily and family being electric from now on.
I got hit with a $20k ADM for my 992 Turbo S, $40k for my GT4RS, and MSRP for my MY24 PTS GT3RS. Of all those, I too would love the opportunity for a Dakar. It's the perfect redneck Porsche yet it won't be in the cards for me.likely and is truly a collectors piece like the SC.

Gen 1
No frunk
not manual
not limited

Yeah the PDK makes everything easy and its nice to be able to enjoy the free hand.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I would not drive the RS on the street, it's just too in your face shouting look at me. I'm sure Porsche will build as many as they can given the big money grab for them and the first guys are always the ones that will pay the biggest ADMs. I'll wait and see if I get one at MSRP from me dealer but I won't be heartbroken if I don't get one. I have a hard enough time paying $340k for the spec that I want but I don't see much downside buying at MSRP. The BIG WANT for me was the GT4RS as I've LOVED tracking my 981 & 718 GT4s. If I do well trading in the stock market and my real estate business doesn't tail off too much from last year, I might resume the hunt for a CGT at < $1m. I know time is on my side as the Fed will put us into a recession and then we have that pesky debt ceiling **** show to go through later on this summer. So well see how this year and early next year plays out.
The GT3RS would be a blast to daily. Then again I also put a nice 70mile cruise through Houston traffic in a 900hp ACR-E Gen 5 Viper so I'm a sucker for a beating and considering the entire Porsche dealership basically came to a halt as the employees drooled over the timeless style of the Gen 5 ACR Extreme Vipers maybe the aggressive in your face design of the GT3RS is what the brand needed for new interest. It's one of the main reasons I was given the PTS GT3RD allocation at MSRP as they know I had no interest in a regular GT3 or Touring as they're too bland.

Doubtful there with be a .2 considering the amount of engineering and $ for development that was put into the GT3RS.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yup, it won't be that new shiny toy every big kid with money wants. It'll be tossed to the side with the other old toys while everyone wants the new toy.
The new GT2RS or 911 TTS with Hybrid tech will be the only thing that will shadow the GT3RS.
usctrojanGT3 (04-22-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 12:39 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
UV was a winner for me. 40,000 but who's counting :-)
Lizzard I regretted. Back to white it is.
legend
Old 04-22-2023, 04:15 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,801 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Jesus, you are buying a car not getting castrated. too much thinking involved.
yes or no.
konaforever (04-22-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 09:24 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,506 Likes on 2,564 Posts

3RS is a great car, but accept that it will lose value if you track it and that it was meant to be tracked. I expect there will be very few people honestly saying it’s one of their favorite road cars.

If an allocation was offered to me, I would taken it at MSRP. Bought more than $500k in cars from my dealer in the past half year, maybe I’ll be offered a 992.2 allocation.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:05 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
Jesus, you are buying a car not getting castrated. too much thinking involved.
yes or no.
Some people think not getting the best deal is equal to being castrated.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:21 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

The car is $250K, most spec it $330K and up.
CF package and a color $50K plus LOL LOL, talk about castration.

If I was Porsche I'd have increased the price a lot more since 2010 ($120K, double) and if I was a Porsche dealer, each car would go to whomever makes me the most money.
Clearly nobody that's paying for all these crazy prices options/MSRP additions and ADM for these cars gives a **** about the price :-)

Then I'd go back to discounts and begging, once people give a **** again :-)
engerman (04-25-2023)

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread