Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 10:18 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,329 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Originally Posted by thuggo
Its wishing negativity on all the dirt bag speculators who screw it up for everyone.
Bruh, you ever heard law of attraction?

When I see dudes flying private with their family to an island of blue water, I admire that. I want that. When you wish negativity, you’re telling the world you want that. You become fixated on it, and that’s what you get.
The following 4 users liked this post by shrimp money:
neoprufrok (10-12-2022), Rod27 (10-13-2022), Ryanrayburn (12-26-2022), Ukkid74 (10-12-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 10:25 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money

When I see dudes flying private with their family to an island of blue water, I admire that. I want that. When you wish negativity, you’re telling the world you want that. You become fixated on it, and that’s what you get.

The following 4 users liked this post by User 81423:
Diablo Dude (10-12-2022), diss7 (10-17-2022), lax01 (10-18-2022), maroli (10-12-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 09:14 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 977 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money

I feel this this morning from username to bruh philosophy.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:52 PM
PilsNotwen
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard @slip has all 50
The following users liked this post:
911Vintage (10-13-2022)
Old 10-14-2022, 11:37 AM
ky1e
Advanced

Received 103 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by GentlemanRacer
If you run Pro-Level with Porsche and have a reasonable long relationship with Porsche Motorsport, then maybe they can put in a good word for you - but no guarantee of anything. Different division.
It was even harder over the last 2 years to get a Motorsport product unless you show them you are registered and running in a proseries. So we got nothing in Canada.
I still successfully get all my cars allocated through longtime dealer.
Not true, but it does depend on your level of racing/relationship. I rec'd a guaranteed allocation from the Pres of PMNA. Yes Motorsports is a different division but they have the ability to give "add-on" allocations-- allocations above and beyond the dealers allocation and it doesnt come out of the dealers allocations. I choose whatever dealer I want the allocation to goto, dealer has no say in the matter.

The GT3RS allocation is for running GT3R in IMSA. Same thing when I won the Porsche Cup, they gave me a 992 TTS Cab before they were even released in the USA and dealer had no say. Remember if you are racing their car in a major series, you are winning, and it is on TV and in the media, it gives them exposure a of course if they are going to provide an allocation to a car. Not to mention the $ on parts they make. They are selling the car anyways, might as well allow someone who is spending millions to promote their brand to be first in line.
The following 5 users liked this post by ky1e:
Chris C. (10-15-2022), cosmos (10-14-2022), PorschDuck (03-11-2024), RealityGT (10-18-2022), wch (10-20-2022)
Old 10-14-2022, 01:23 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,223 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by ky1e
Not true, but it does depend on your level of racing/relationship. I rec'd a guaranteed allocation from the Pres of PMNA. Yes Motorsports is a different division but they have the ability to give "add-on" allocations-- allocations above and beyond the dealers allocation and it doesnt come out of the dealers allocations. I choose whatever dealer I want the allocation to goto, dealer has no say in the matter.

The GT3RS allocation is for running GT3R in IMSA. Same thing when I won the Porsche Cup, they gave me a 992 TTS Cab before they were even released in the USA and dealer had no say. Remember if you are racing their car in a major series, you are winning, and it is on TV and in the media, it gives them exposure a of course if they are going to provide an allocation to a car. Not to mention the $ on parts they make. They are selling the car anyways, might as well allow someone who is spending millions to promote their brand to be first in line.
When I ran Nissan, I got a Z, but TBH didn’t want it. Kept it for a bit and sold it. There was no strings attached.
Old 10-16-2022, 11:37 PM
ky1e
Advanced

Received 103 Likes on 31 Posts

oh and almost forgot my favorite car...after running the Ford GT4 they gave me a Ford GT allocation. Love it and drive it weekly. That one never even went thru any dealer... straight from MultiMatic (Ford GT builder)... also Ferrari Challenge guys get Fcar allocations.

So if you want a hard to get allocation-- race their brand in competitive series.

Last edited by ky1e; 10-16-2022 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-16-2022, 11:41 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,086 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by ky1e
oh and almost forgot my favorite car...after running the Ford GT4 they gave me a Ford GT allocation. Love it and drive it weekly. That one never even went thru any dealer... straight from MultiMatic (Ford GT builder)... also Ferrari Challenge guys get Fcar allocations.

So if you want a hard to get allocation-- race their brand in competitive series.
Too poor for that and I'm not an aggressive passer so I would fail badly in competitive racing.
The following 4 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
997C2Houston (10-16-2022), AlexCeres (10-17-2022), ky1e (10-17-2022), richardbf (10-19-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 12:06 PM
NastyHabits
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 161 Posts

SM at dealership I do business with kinda surprised me last week, out of the blue asked if I wanted a spot on the GT3 RS allocation list. Hell yes, says I, but do I really have a chance? Yes, you have a good chance says the SM. So now I have 2 decisions to make. Completely understand the decisions are personal and subjective, and ultimately mine alone to make, but I welcome the opinions, outlook, perspectives of fellow enthusiasts.
1. Purchasing the RS would require trading in both current P cars.... 21' Cayman GT4 in PTS San Marino blue, primarily a track car. And a 22' 992 Carrera GTS. Reason is twofold, dealership expects trade ins as condition of securing allocation, and from a personal financial perspective, need to free up the cash to complete RS purchase. The GT4/GTS combo is a pretty sweet deal, so do I really want to swap 2 for 1? As much as I covet the opportunity to own a GT3 RS, would I regret the move in the long run. Conversely, IMHO, the 992.1 GT3 RS is a true needle mover for a production car. It's gotta be a blast to track. On the street, I can live with the drivability compromises, not so much the "boy racer" looks with the big wing and all the aero bits and vents and stuff.
2. Will wait for a PTS slot, so decision #2 is...Fire Red or Racing Red? Google search yields zero side by side comparisons. Configurator is lousy at accurate renditions. Anybody seen either in the wild? Leaning Racing Red at the moment.
Old 10-18-2022, 12:20 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 977 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by NastyHabits
1. Purchasing the RS would require trading in both current P cars.... 21' Cayman GT4 in PTS San Marino blue, primarily a track car. And a 22' 992 Carrera GTS. Reason is twofold, dealership expects trade ins as condition of securing allocation, and from a personal financial perspective, need to free up the cash to complete RS purchase. The GT4/GTS combo is a pretty sweet deal, so do I really want to swap 2 for 1? As much as I covet the opportunity to own a GT3 RS, would I regret the move in the long run. Conversely, IMHO, the 992.1 GT3 RS is a true needle mover for a production car. It's gotta be a blast to track. On the street, I can live with the drivability compromises, not so much the "boy racer" looks with the big wing and all the aero bits and vents and stuff.
Yours is a really shrewd combo. The range of optimum driving experiences will be substantially reduced with the exchange, you'd want to be really sure the RS upsides (track) are worth it for you individually.

Not off topic, I've exchanged with 2 GT4 owners in the past couple of weeks who prefer that platform vs 991 RS on track. Consider the GT4 more fun, more accessible.

And of course, outside of smooth, twisty backroads, GTS is much more enjoyable on the road than RS.

Good luck!
The following 2 users liked this post by ParadiseGT3:
Diablo Dude (10-28-2022), PorschDuck (03-11-2024)
Old 10-18-2022, 07:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

SM at dealership I do business with kinda surprised me last week, out of the blue asked if I wanted a spot on the GT3 RS allocation list. Hell yes, says I, but do I really have a chance? Yes, you have a good chance says the SM. So now I have 2 decisions to make. Completely understand the decisions are personal and subjective, and ultimately mine alone to make, but I welcome the opinions, outlook, perspectives of fellow enthusiasts.
2. Will wait for a PTS slot, so decision #2 is...Fire Red or Racing Red? Google search yields zero side by side comparisons. Configurator is lousy at accurate renditions. Anybody seen either in the wild? Leaning Racing Red at the moment.
I would only get the car if you plan on driving the car regularly and tracking it to make it worth it only because you are giving up 2 very streetable cars.
PorschDuck (03-11-2024)
Old 10-18-2022, 07:44 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,224 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by ParadiseGT3

Not off topic, I've exchanged with 2 GT4 owners in the past couple of weeks who prefer that platform vs 991 RS on track. Consider the GT4 more fun, more accessible.
could not disagree more. I owned and tracked both cars a lot. 718 GT4 on track for me was a big let down; way underpowered and the steering and feedback became way too numb at higher speeds; it honestly didn’t feel any different than my wife’s 718 GTS (4 cylinder) on track, but was slower due to lack of torque out of turns. GT4 was more enjoyable on back roads than track, hence why I got a Spyder and dumped the GT4. The 3 RS however was amazing on track. No way any human who knows how to drive a car at/near limits would come away thinking 3RS was not the better car. I can see the GT4 being a more forgiving car to folks who are learning however and why some might like it better as a result. GT4 RS fixed the power issue, would like to drive one to see if fixed handling numbness at high speeds (suspect it’s much better!)
The following 3 users liked this post by disden:
Diablo Dude (10-28-2022), NastyHabits (10-19-2022), PorschDuck (03-11-2024)
Old 10-18-2022, 09:45 PM
Peruna
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
could not disagree more. I owned and tracked both cars a lot. 718 GT4 on track for me was a big let down; way underpowered and the steering and feedback became way too numb at higher speeds; it honestly didn’t feel any different than my wife’s 718 GTS (4 cylinder) on track, but was slower due to lack of torque out of turns. GT4 was more enjoyable on back roads than track, hence why I got a Spyder and dumped the GT4. The 3 RS however was amazing on track. No way any human who knows how to drive a car at/near limits would come away thinking 3RS was not the better car. I can see the GT4 being a more forgiving car to folks who are learning however and why some might like it better as a result. GT4 RS fixed the power issue, would like to drive one to see if fixed handling numbness at high speeds (suspect it’s much better!)
Not to mention the ridiculously tall second gear (20-80 mph). I had a GT4 for and was very underwhelmed. I had a 991.1 C2S 7MT before that and would take it over the GT4 in a heartbeat. The GT3 blows the GT4 out of the water.
NastyHabits (10-19-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 10:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
For several reasons my want factor for a GT4RS is greater than a GT3RS because I feel that the GT4RS will address several of the GT4s shortcomings on track. I did find the GT4 easily and less scary to drive near the limit on track while the 991.2 GT3RS could be scary for me going over 8/10th on track.
NastyHabits (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 05:32 AM
obbob
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

​​​​​​​
Absolutely I would take the GT3 RS. I think every car enthusiast with the means should experience owning a GT3 RS at least once. Also, if it turns out it's not for you, you can easily get rid of that car and go into another car.

All GT3 RS look boy racer. The 992 is the flashiest but a 991.2 RS isn't under the radar by anymeans. People may no know what a GT3 RS means but no one is going to think that you're driving "my old retired uncle's Porsche".

With that said, make sure your dealer isn't trying to play games to get your two cars for inventory. If he says you have to trade in your two cars before he can give you an official build slot with factory order number......
NastyHabits (10-19-2022)

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread