Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 08:07 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 977 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by ky1e
Aston just offered me a Valhalla allocation for racing the Aston GT4 and winning the championship.
Brynjolfsson? Nice work this season! Good luck in GTD.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:54 PM
ky1e
Advanced

Received 103 Likes on 31 Posts

thanks! (Kyle is my sons name /my avatar)
The following users liked this post:
User 81423 (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 11:13 AM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by ky1e
Not sure but I would talk to your Porsche support rep that comes to your races (assuming you race in IMSA/SRO/Carrera Cup etc).

If you race in a pro level series I believe they will help you out.

~$570K car
~$100K Spares package
~$100K IMSA needed/preferred options
~$40k air freight
total was around $820K before tax and a lot more parts/consumables. Then operating costs of ~$3MM for the year.

Racing at 24 Hours of Daytona, 12 Hours of Sebring, and full 12 race season...priceless.

FWIW most manu's offer allocations if you race in a pro level series. Aston just offered me a Valhalla allocation for racing the Aston GT4 and winning the championship. Ford gave me a Ford GT allocation when I raced the Ford GT4 in IMSA.

If you run Pro-Level with Porsche and have a reasonable long relationship with Porsche Motorsport, then maybe they can put in a good word for you - but no guarantee of anything. Different division.
It was even harder over the last 2 years to get a Motorsport product unless you show them you are registered and running in a proseries. So we got nothing in Canada.
I still successfully get all my cars allocated through longtime dealer.
Old 10-10-2022, 01:31 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 279 Posts

Anyone commit/hear on market rate ADM for an allocation yet?

Personally have heard don't expect under 100k, or "6 figures" so far. Understand dealers have nothing to sell until the next month drop, but wondering if some may have "shook hands" already..
Old 10-10-2022, 02:10 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,086 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Anyone commit/hear on market rate ADM for an allocation yet?

Personally have heard don't expect under 100k, or "6 figures" so far. Understand dealers have nothing to sell until the next month drop, but wondering if some may have "shook hands" already..
Yeah, I wonder how much longer that'll last with the stock market crapping itself. The ADM on the GT3RS will melt away like an ice cube on a hot day.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:01 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,829 Likes on 538 Posts

Well, if everything goes further sideways it will obviously affect the prices of everything. The problem is that the Porsche GT car supply is so low that even in a regular recession, unless Porsche manages to magically overcome their supply chain issues overnight, all that's going to happen is dealer lists being a year long as opposed to three years long. It will pressure prices down but not as much as they would be were Porsche at historical supply levels. I wouldn't be surprised if in the US there will be less 992.1 GT3s that there were 991 GT2RSs.

Anyway, just be careful what some of you guys are wishing for ... if in six months we wake up in that world where you can walk into your current massive ADM Porsche dealer and order that same short supplied GT3RS at sticker, although that would be a good thing car wise, it would also mean that everything else you own is worth half as much. That's why I shake my head across all car and watch forums when people are wishing for a recession to bring down ADMs ... sure, you just saved $50k on your car, but your house is worth half as much. The Greeks have a definition for spite: If I can't push you over the cliff I will pull you over.
The following 3 users liked this post by soulsea:
cosmos (10-14-2022), GT3ml (10-14-2022), IndyM (11-18-2023)
Old 10-10-2022, 04:05 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Well, if everything goes further sideways it will obviously affect the prices of everything. The problem is that the Porsche GT car supply is so low that even in a regular recession, unless Porsche manages to magically overcome their supply chain issues overnight, all that's going to happen is dealer lists being a year long as opposed to three years long. It will pressure prices down but not as much as they would be were Porsche at historical supply levels. I wouldn't be surprised if in the US there will be less 992.1 GT3s that there were 991 GT2RSs.

Anyway, just be careful what some of you guys are wishing for ... if in six months we wake up in that world where you can walk into your current massive ADM Porsche dealer and order that same short supplied GT3RS at sticker, although that would be a good thing car wise, it would also mean that everything else you own is worth half as much. That's why I shake my head across all car and watch forums when people are wishing for a recession to bring down ADMs ... sure, you just saved $50k on your car, but your house is worth half as much. The Greeks have a definition for spite: If I can't push you over the cliff I will pull you over.
I seriously doubt there are even now....less GT3s vs 2RS in the country, I wouldn't be surprised if there are double the amount of GT3s in the country right now.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:14 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thuggo
I seriously doubt there are even now....less GT3s vs 2RS in the country, I wouldn't be surprised if there are double the amount of GT3s in the country right now.
Five 992 GT3s have been delivered so far in the US, and there are five left to be delivered.

Whatever the number, that wasn't really my point.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:15 PM
GT3 Mike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 598 Posts

I'm hoping for a recession. The high ADM/Secondary values are all being pushed up by speculators not end users.. hence why there is 250+ GT3's for sale with wrapper miles. People like me, end users, either have to pay way up or wait years because of the nonsense.

I have been tight with my cash waiting for blood in the streets. I hope my house and every other house like mine drops to nothing, value wise. Cars too.. I'll be buying as much as possible !

Last edited by GT3 Mike; 10-10-2022 at 04:16 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by GT3 Mike:
EMdoc (10-10-2022), fijibubba (10-12-2022), thuggo (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 04:17 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3 Mike
I'm hoping for a recession. The high ADM/Secondary values are all being pushed up by speculators not end users.. hence why there is 250+ GT3's for sale with wrapper miles. People like me, end users, either have to pay way up or wait years because of the nonsense.

I have been tight with my cash waiting for blood in the streets. I hope my house and every other house like mine drops to nothing value wise. I'll be buying as much as possible !
As you wish ... it's terrible way to go through life wishing negativity on the world just so you can get fancy stuff. What is a buying opportunity for you is desperate suffering for a great part of the population.

But you do you, it's not my place to judge ... karma always sorts all that out.
The following 2 users liked this post by soulsea:
CO 992 (10-14-2022), M&Abanker4life (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 04:35 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

As you wish ... it's terrible way to go through life wishing negativity on the world just so you can get fancy stuff. What is a buying opportunity for you is desperate suffering for a great part of the population.

Its wishing negativity on all the dirt bag speculators who screw it up for everyone.
The following 3 users liked this post by thuggo:
Airbag997 (11-13-2022), EMdoc (10-10-2022), GT3 Mike (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 05:00 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thuggo
Its wishing negativity on all the dirt bag speculators who screw it up for everyone.
What is the difference between a speculator flipping a car for $100k or a dealer charging $100k ADM? All of it is based on demand vastly outweighing supply. Even in a normal supply environment Porsche always managed their GT car supply to make them desirable as a ‘positional good,’ all that’s happened is that now they are not even able to supply that. So all I was saying is even if we go into significant recession, because of said short supply, all it’s going to do is reduce the number of people on lists but not eliminate them altogether. How much reduction is based of how much the economy goes down, but even then short of the world ending there will still more demand than supply so ADMs and flippers will still be a thing.

Not to mention that there is a construct where even in today’s or last year’s market, one can have an msrp relationship with their Porsche dealer on GT cars. It requires both parties to do the right thing not out of virtue but out of confluent interests, and the customer not betraying that trust by flipping the car. But once that trust has been established and the dealer knows that the customer isn’t in it for the flip and that they will get the car back, then the customer gets msrp pricing and the dealer ends up making more money in the long run because they keep getting that car back in inventory. And the upshot of this approach is one doesn’t have to wish misery up on the world to get a freaking car, which is just about the most douchey thing in the universe, and in the hierarchy of evils much higher up the line than speculating.

Anyway, this isn’t the ADM thread, I just chimed in to make a passing point about why it is unlikely that ADMs will disappear any time soon even if the markets fall further unless they completely collapse. I get my Porsches at msrp even if I have to wait behind a few folks that are willing to pay crazy money to cut the line. I don’t mind, it’s their money to spend as they and it’s the dealer’s business to be as profitable as possible, and I get to drive epic Porsches at a little bit of a loss over the long term instead of trying to profit from them, and I’m fine with that as well … in fact I am blessed to be able to do so, and I don’t have to set my karma on fire in the process.

Last edited by soulsea; 10-10-2022 at 05:01 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by soulsea:
85Gold (10-11-2022), GT3ml (10-14-2022), joejenie (10-13-2022), M&Abanker4life (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 05:15 PM
GT3 Mike
Rennlist Member

Wishing suffering on people buying 250k cars and million dollar houses ?! PLEASE....... spare me !

If you have been using your home as a piggy bank to buy OVER msrp GT cars and other nonsensical luxury items I suppose its your blood we'll be swimming in.
The following users liked this post:
Ukkid74 (10-11-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 05:22 PM
GT3 Mike
Rennlist Member

What is the difference between a speculator flipping a car for $100k or a dealer charging $100k ADM?
The dealers can suck wind too ! My long time local dealer tried hitting me with a 75k ADM because other people were willing to pay it. As far as I am concerned, when nobody is walking in to buy a Macan or Panamera they can beg and plead with their, one time purchase, out of state flipper to come in and buy the regular stuff that I always did. I cannot wait for the emails to start rolling to come check out new inventory so I can elegantly tell them to FO.
The following 2 users liked this post by GT3 Mike:
PorschDuck (03-11-2024), welikethetrack (10-11-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 05:43 PM
skim
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Mike
The dealers can suck wind too ! My long time local dealer tried hitting me with a 75k ADM because other people were willing to pay it. As far as I am concerned, when nobody is walking in to buy a Macan or Panamera they can beg and plead with their, one time purchase, out of state flipper to come in and buy the regular stuff that I always did. I cannot wait for the emails to start rolling to come check out new inventory so I can elegantly tell them to FO.
A local Porsche dealer (not the one I have a relationship with) wanted 15k ADM for a Taycan when my dad and I went there to check out their inventory. They wanted 75k for GT3 and 100k for PTS, wtf. This was beginning of the year and we couldn't even get a test drive at BMW because "inventory is tight and everything is pretty much spoken for".
Now I get invites to "VIP showing" at the same BMW dealer, asking to me checkout the LCI x7, 7er. So the shift seems to be happening but I'm not sure if it'll affect GT cars.
I called around dealers around CA (NV, CO, AZ) and they all said GT cars are for local buyers only, so the dealers at least seem to be catering to local demand, which is good.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread