Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 03:25 AM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 218 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
OK, except his time was a claimed best sectors time - not a time that was achieved.

Anyhow, thats an aside, I'm hearing actual allocations will be released after the Silverstone reveal - of course this may be region dependant.

The other point to note is, around EU power woes, gas is up to about 88% reserve level but this is only good for 2 months peak demand, markets are off globally by between 25% and 15% with more to come plus headline inflation in Europe is just marginally below 10% with core at least 5%. The mistakes in the US were mirrored in Europe with the ECB printing money at a ridiculous rate through COVID. I do not see any significant improvement in the short term and it will take at least two years for the EU to sort out its gas problem through the use of LNG.

The economic factors and gas factor combine to create significant problems on the supply side for the car industry - so I wouldn't bank on any claimed delivery times. From my perspective, as somebody that lives and works between three countries, this is a problem.
he has other videos /lap times at various race tracks and including COTA .

the macs have all the lap records at California race tracks anyways. Willow springs , thunder hill , buttonwillow , laguna seca, Sonoma ). In many cases it’s the same driver /owner of Porsches and mclarens .

many , many fast people have Porsches and mclarens . They all know what the fast cars are . They just aren’t journalists and sometimes post significant lap times on their very small YouTube channels .

The general observer does not know about these lap times
Old 10-02-2022, 04:28 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by srwhitman
Austin dealer told me they will know allocations late this year or early next year. They expect US cars in April-ish.
They told me they are the second largest dealer by volume in the US (they are 2 stores so taking that into account I can see it).

​​​​​​​Please don't trust a word you hear from Porsche Austin nor any of the Weitz family dealerships. For that matter, you ought to be fairly incredulous when evaluating the veracity of what any dealership tells you in general. There are exceptions, but Porsche Austin isn't one of them.

Last edited by mcsmcs1; 10-02-2022 at 04:31 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mcsmcs1:
AlexCeres (10-02-2022), jrbkarter (10-02-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 10:55 AM
jrbkarter
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Please don't trust a word you hear from Porsche Austin nor any of the Weitz family dealerships. For that matter, you ought to be fairly incredulous when evaluating the veracity of what any dealership tells you in general. There are exceptions, but Porsche Austin isn't one of them.
​​​​​​​^^^ This
Old 10-02-2022, 03:17 PM
Mavzyx
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
hey ray ; no offense but you drive a modified 992 gt3 with slicks at COTA and do a 2:18(?).

There are many dual Porsche and mclaren owners and we do share lap times with each other and do know which are the faster cars .

here’s a mclaren 675 stock with surface transform brakes and Goodyear 3R tires at COTA . 2:14 lap time (I know the owner of the car (he’s my friend) and this driver (he’s my coach in Bay Area )

https://youtu.be/LaCdjpNvExE
By no means bashing skills as you're clearly a great driver, but how can you post this lap time as a show case when you blew out 50% of the corners? Any valid lap times requires some form of track limits in any form of competition. That being said the McLaren's are wicked fast when they work.

Edit: I get that this isn't a competition and HPDE. Just isn't a great showcase of a McLaren's pace when you blow out corners.

Last edited by Mavzyx; 10-02-2022 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-02-2022, 03:29 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 218 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Mavzyx
By no means bashing skills as you're clearly a great driver, but how can you post this lap time as a show case when you blew out 50% of the corners? Any valid lap times requires some form of track limits in any form of competition. That being said the McLaren's are wicked fast when they work.

Edit: I get that this isn't a competition and HPDE. Just isn't a great showcase of a McLaren's pace when you blow out corners.
that’s not me driving …

as previously stated ; he has other videos on his channel at various race tracks (he doesn’t post all of them - he also holds the radical lap record at laguna seca , and other tracks with other cars …. Too many credible drivers /owners with these cars now .

just a word of caution and specifically watching lap times /videos of Porsches ; many are modified without disclosure - slicks , cup car wings , cup car suspension, harnesses , and then track insurance and being driven 10/10ths….

pros don’t drive the macs that they don’t own at 10/10ths . I’ve only seen jeff drive one street car at 10/10ths and that was his own unmodified 12c at laguna seca . He was 4 seconds faster then pobst 12c lap time and was faster in it then pobst /motortrend p1 lap time .
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (10-02-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 10:10 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,032 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
he has other videos /lap times at various race tracks and including COTA .

the macs have all the lap records at California race tracks anyways. Willow springs , thunder hill , buttonwillow , laguna seca, Sonoma ). In many cases it’s the same driver /owner of Porsches and mclarens .

many , many fast people have Porsches and mclarens . They all know what the fast cars are . They just aren’t journalists and sometimes post significant lap times on their very small YouTube channels .

The general observer does not know about these lap times
I own a 720S, a GT3 RS (and a 600LT in Vancouver) so am full conversant with what they can do

The critical point being, in that video, he didn't do the time claimed. Ah ok the hidden lap times. To be credible, they need to be posted on the tracks/clubs official site or other public access database. Moreover, they need to be validated by a timing official - usually with real timing equipment that uses the start finish loop and a dorian. Thats how its done.

If they are modified, they are not a production car they would be in a modified production car class - the same applies to a Porsche.

Anyhow, whats any of this got to do with timing of allocations?

Last edited by groundhog; 10-02-2022 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-02-2022, 10:25 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I would never even talk to that dealership. Prices are ridiculous. And with interest rates way up and stock market way down, buyers will be drying up.

Here is their sales staff - I wonder how many of them are car fanatics? Zero?

To be fair I personally wouldn't care if they were blind deaf bald nonbinary incels if they do their job and sell me a car, but that's just me...
Old 10-02-2022, 10:26 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 125 Likes on 54 Posts

I own a 720S, a GT3 RS (and a 600LT in Vancouver) so am full conversant with what they can do

The critical point being, in that video, he didn't do the time claimed. Ah ok the hidden lap times. To be credible, they need to be posted on the tracks/clubs official site or other public access database. Moreover, they need to be validated by a timing official - usually with real timing equipment that uses the start finish loop and a dorian. Thats how its done.

If they are modified, they are not a production car they would be in a modified production car class.

Anyhow, whats any of this got to do with timing of allocations?
There's nothing else to talk about because no allocations have been released in the US yet.
Old 10-02-2022, 10:28 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
To be fair I personally wouldn't care if they were blind deaf bald nonbinary incels if they do their job and sell me a car, but that's just me...
I agree. My comment was a bit rude.
Old 10-02-2022, 10:31 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by L2_ONBOARD
I think the intent for this thread is to give a leading signal on when allocations are released. The reason I said I’m number one is bc I should hear early, and if I don’t, I want to investigate.

my goodness you have a fragile sensitivity..

if you want to talk ADM, there are thousands of other threads for your meaningless input.
The only chance majority here have of getting said allocation is to pay ADM. Also more specifically to your point, allocation timing will also equate to ADM. The sooner the allocation, the higher the ADM correct? If I was hunting & shopping for an allocation, I certainly would want to know what ADMs are being marketed/paid and for when...

Think you need to re-direct your ire towards Porsche or probably more specifically American dealer franchise laws (to wail on a dead horse)
2turbopower (10-06-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 01:34 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
The only chance majority here have of getting said allocation is to pay ADM. Also more specifically to your point, allocation timing will also equate to ADM. The sooner the allocation, the higher the ADM correct? If I was hunting & shopping for an allocation, I certainly would want to know what ADMs are being marketed/paid and for when...

Think you need to re-direct your ire towards Porsche or probably more specifically American dealer franchise laws (to wail on a dead horse)
im not hunting for an allocation, I’ll order my car as soon as the slots are released. nor do I have any bit of ire to direct at anyone. I’m perfectly happy.
the ADM convo is speculation mostly and totally immaterial to the timing of when order slots are available. I think the ADM guys actually get their cars later, not sooner.
Either way, I couldn’t care less about how you get it, I just want to know when the allocations are released

Last edited by User 81423; 10-03-2022 at 02:50 AM.
TNturboS (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 03:49 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,032 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by Engeljizzle
There's nothing else to talk about because no allocations have been released in the US yet.
Its the same here, the only news I have was that the initial allocations were meant to be released close to the Silverstone event - although as yet I haven't heard anything further (I was specifically told that approx 45 days following the initial release there would be a further release and then initial allocations would be made available). I took this to mean a possible ring time/ the Silverstone journalists drive followed by initial allocations. The timing was just about spot on for the Silverstone event - so if the rest remains true, allocations are just around the corner. Time will tell.

My strong suspicion is there may be very long lead times on this car.

Last edited by groundhog; 10-03-2022 at 03:53 AM.
User 81423 (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 04:28 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 145 Posts

I would agree with this, whilst nothing official as of yet but it looks like may be Q2-23 Build here in UK. Not least bit surprised at this Tbh the way it is for many makers with parts supply right now.

Last edited by Apolo1; 10-03-2022 at 04:37 AM.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:16 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Its the same here, the only news I have was that the initial allocations were meant to be released close to the Silverstone event - although as yet I haven't heard anything further (I was specifically told that approx 45 days following the initial release there would be a further release and then initial allocations would be made available). I took this to mean a possible ring time/ the Silverstone journalists drive followed by initial allocations. The timing was just about spot on for the Silverstone event - so if the rest remains true, allocations are just around the corner. Time will tell.

thank you!
Old 10-03-2022, 01:38 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I would never even talk to that dealership. Prices are ridiculous. And with interest rates way up and stock market way down, buyers will be drying up.

Here is their sales staff - I wonder how many of them are car fanatics? Zero?

First of all, not sure how you can tell from their pictures. Not smart to assume. Secondly, the job is a dead-end. Days of "old Porsche guys" selling cars are over - it's a non-value added role these days with Porsche moving direct to consumer on ordering and pushing updates (via the dreadful TYD app

Every time I see these mentions in threads, I'm convinced we should post names of dealers that aren't full of 20 year olds who know nothing about cars - aka "dead man walking" and GMs/owners who actually like to serve customers. I haven't found one in many years looking nationally. I assume people don't want to disclose Would be fun to see service take the lead role in who gets allocations, removing the geography and let the market have its say

Last edited by Chris C.; 10-03-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread