Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 10:07 PM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 113 Posts

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t understand why you reveal to the world a car then wait weeks if not months to give dealers and customers an idea if they will be able to get one? Just do it all at once, get your “ring times” if important and other things in place first then announce your product.
Old 09-28-2022, 10:17 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,244 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by NSD991
Maybe it’s just me but I don’t understand why you reveal to the world a car then wait weeks if not months to give dealers and customers an idea if they will be able to get one? Just do it all at once, get your “ring times” if important and other things in place first then announce your product.
Porsche revealed the car when they were ready to accept orders. Allocations were available in Europe the next day. We just get second dibs - we always do in the US market. They can't have two separate reveals - one for the US and one for Europe. You can make the argument that all of us should be able to order the car at the same time but it seems that the EU market always gets the first group of available allocations. I don't have a problem with that since the car is made over there.

The good part is that while we are waiting, we get to read and watch the reviews of the EU guys who already have taken possession of their cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by subshooter:
Chris C. (10-03-2022), fijibubba (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 11:13 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by crayon991
I've bought two GT3's off my local dealership since 2018, been on the waiting list for 3.5yrs for 992 3RS and was promised an "early allocation". But, alas my sales guy has since left said dealership and the "relationship" is non-existent now. It's all abuot the relationship they tell me... They told me i can't have an RS last week.

Remember kids, get those knee pads out and suck hard, and don't stop.
This makes no sense. Have you talked to the GM?
Old 09-29-2022, 12:46 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,752 Likes on 5,130 Posts

Originally Posted by RossP
And, this would help, how?
The following users liked this post:
sampelligrino (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 03:21 AM
crayon991
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes basically told me to suck it
Old 09-29-2022, 10:01 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
And, this would help, how?
It might help him learn more about the situation. It might help create a relationship between him and the GM which in turn might help with future allocations. It might do nothing and be a waste of time. Either way it seems like its worth a try.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:59 PM
crayon991
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It might help him learn more about the situation. It might help create a relationship between him and the GM which in turn might help with future allocations. It might do nothing and be a waste of time. Either way it seems like its worth a try.
Its pretty obvious what happened. My sales guy left, on who knows what terms. They decided to hand out allocations to people close to current sales guy(s). It too late either way as they have offered (very limited) cars to others already, so there is nothing i can do on that front. Wasted years waiting when i could have connected with some other dealer. The process is just too arbitrary and it sucks, but there it is.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:15 PM
2turbopower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crayon991
I've bought two GT3's off my local dealership since 2018, been on the waiting list for 3.5yrs for 992 3RS and was promised an "early allocation". But, alas my sales guy has since left said dealership and the "relationship" is non-existent now. It's all abuot the relationship they tell me... They told me i can't have an RS last week.

Remember kids, get those knee pads out and suck hard, and don't stop.
It's going to be a bloodbath when these allocations come out. The ADM's are going to be through the roof. I feel bad you aren't getting your allocation! Hopefully somebody from Porsche will read this and BUILD SOME CARS to help alleviate this problem.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:05 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by 2turbopower
It's going to be a bloodbath when these allocations come out. The ADM's are going to be through the roof. I feel bad you aren't getting your allocation! Hopefully somebody from Porsche will read this and BUILD SOME CARS to help alleviate this problem.
A bloodbath like in the stock and bond markets? Like I said, the ADM on the GT3RS will come down very fast....anyone paying a 6 figure ADM for one is an impatient idiot.
onefstm (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 09:25 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,244 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by 2turbopower
It's going to be a blood bath for anybody who pays more than MSRP. I never do and never will. The price increase for this car over it's predecessor is already too much IMO to begin with. Low rates and easy money are gone for the time being. The ADM should be zero.
Old 09-29-2022, 10:40 PM
RaceDeck
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 154 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
It's going to be a blood bath for anybody who pays more than MSRP. I never do and never will. The price increase for this car over it's predecessor is already too much IMO to begin with. Low rates and easy money are gone for the time being. The ADM should be zero.
I am with you.. Have my new GT3 Touring being delivered in a few weeks and paid MSRP same goes for an AMG G63 I bought in 21 for MSRP.. Both of these have earned a 'good' repeat customer for life ( both limited and daily drivers) . For the dealers who wanted ADM and long waits.. I will not forget them when this craziness subsides and they are begging ( already starting)
All Rennlist Members Get Club Discounts on RACEDECK, the original USA made, multi-patented modular garage flooring system

22' GT3 Touring CXX - Auratium Green / Graphite Blue interior ( CXX )
991 GT2 RS Weissach - Chalk
991.2 Carrera 4 S in Chalk
993 Turbo White/ red interior
997.1 911 GT2 Black
73 - RS custom 3.6L White
24' GT4RS Oslo (still in production)
92' 964 soon a "Turbo Study"
usctrojanGT3 (09-29-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 12:25 AM
srwhitman
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

I'd love to know how "normal" people can get a car at MSRP. A quick scan of Dupont Registry shows many 992 GT3's at way over MSRP - $300K + for new, about $280K for "lightly" used.
example: 29 miles (so more or less new) - $307K - https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos...911--gt3/29361

The Austin dealer told me they are still getting $100K markup.

I get it - supply and demand.

For those who get at MSRP, from my limited research, it seems you have to have bought a LOT of cars from that dealer. I don't think it has anything to do with how early you get a car.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:41 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by srwhitman
I'd love to know how "normal" people can get a car at MSRP. A quick scan of Dupont Registry shows many 992 GT3's at way over MSRP - $300K + for new, about $280K for "lightly" used.
example: 29 miles (so more or less new) - $307K - https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos...911--gt3/29361

For those who get at MSRP, from my limited research, it seems you have to have bought a LOT of cars from that dealer. I don't think it has anything to do with how early you get a car.
Trust stealers as far as you can throw them. But to answer your question, there are a few things that I do with my dealer that gets me GT cars at MSRP without begging and pleading for one. First, I have bought one car a year and traded one car back one a year. Do I give up some ADM? Sure, but I've always gotten MSRP or a little above. I have also bought several Macans and Cayennes because I needed them for my real estate business anyhow and I go through those cars every 12-18 months because of all the driving that I do. I have traded back every car that I bought from them. When it's my turn to get an allocation, I spec it once and I leave be....set and forget...and I don't brother my SA with constant changes (I know what I want and am a very low maintenance customers). And lastly, I fly out to the dealer every time I purchase a GT car to thank them personally (as well as to see the car) and enjoy some good Texas BBQ with them. I doubt that many customers do that but I enjoy it as I'm in the people business with my real estate profession. I'm not a whale with my dealer by any means but I give them regular repeat business and I'm very easy to work with.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
AMJ0000 (10-03-2022), PorschDuck (03-11-2024)
Old 09-30-2022, 03:54 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by srwhitman

I hate to say it this way but it's not easy.
but we all start as NORMAL ppl and over time you build a portfolio then it gets easier.
I know I been lucky but I have been buying Porsches since 2001 and 2-3 per year EVEYR YEAR... so I have paid my dues.
what USCtrojan said above is a very good strategy to get moving.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:55 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
A bloodbath like in the stock and bond markets? Like I said, the ADM on the GT3RS will come down very fast....anyone paying a 6 figure ADM for one is an impatient idiot.
I need stock to dump 50% more.
The following 2 users liked this post by mooty:
RaceDeck (10-01-2022), usctrojanGT3 (09-30-2022)

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread